AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

A different look at the average CamScore

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedHerby

Deactivated Account
Sep 14, 2012
Don't get depressed about below quote that is on every MyCamgirl.net profile page.
MyCamgirl.net said:
The current global average is 967.561, based on 36251 models that have been online in the last 3 months and not considering accounts that have been closed.
Currently there are 1042 models online, the model in the middle, position 521, has a CamScore of 467. The model at the 25% breakpoint has a CamScore of 1000 (a "new model" model). The model at the 33% breakpoint has a CamScore of 773

You have a CamScore greater then 1000? Then you are in the top 25% !!! (top one-fourth)
You have a CamScore greater then 773? Then you are in the top third !!!
You have a CamScore greater then 467? Then you are better then the average model !!!

@MyCamgirl: Maybe you can make a live page with this info? I think it will have a positive effect on the mood of our beloved ACF models :)

I second what karli said. Thank you! And yeah, the part where it says that on mycamgirl has always bothered me. I'm glad I'm not the only one who picked up on that.

Reactions: RedHerby
RedHerby said:
Don't get depressed about below quote that is on every MyCamgirl.net profile page.
MyCamgirl.net said:
The current global average is 967.561, based on 36251 models that have been online in the last 3 months and not considering accounts that have been closed.
Currently there are 1042 models online, the model in the middle, position 521, has a CamScore of 467. The model at the 25% breakpoint has a CamScore of 1000 (a "new model" model). The model at the 33% breakpoint has a CamScore of 773

You have a CamScore greater then 1000? Then you are in the top 25% !!! (top one-fourth)
You have a CamScore greater then 773? Then you are in the top third !!!
You have a CamScore greater then 467? Then you are better then the average model !!!

@MyCamgirl: Maybe you can make a live page with this info? I think it will have a positive effect on the mood of our beloved ACF models :)

I don't know who you are... but I love you!

ComicOzzie said:
Currently there are 1042 models online, the model in the middle, position 521, has a CamScore of 467.

This would be the median camscore.
Which, by very definition, would be.............wait for it..........'the middle.'
Yes, i get you're saying the topic should be 'median' but eh, we all got the gist.

Edit: yep, edited 4 times now. Started out much longer, but as the minutes passed I found myself caring less and less. :lol:

Attachments

• Screenshot - 3_10_2014 , 2_58_45 PM.jpg
    Screenshot - 3_10_2014 , 2_58_45 PM.jpg
    270.8 KB · Views: 254
Reactions: ComicOzzie
ComicOzzie said:
Currently there are 1042 models online, the model in the middle, position 521, has a CamScore of 467.

Yeah... I was thinking something along those lines but didn't dare say anything because math is not my forte to say it nicely.
Surely the model that's in the middle of all models on the site doesn't automatically have the average camscore? :think:

JerryBoBerry said:
Edit: yep, edited 4 times now. Started out much longer, but as the minutes passed I found myself caring less and less. :lol:
and as a result, you spent considerable extra time on it, to remove the stuff you cared so little about...? :lol:

LilyMarie said:
ComicOzzie said:

Yeah... I was thinking something along those lines but didn't dare say anything because math is not my forte to say it nicely.
Surely the model that's in the middle of all models on the site doesn't automatically have the average camscore? :think:

You're right Lily. The middle (median) number would only be average if they all went up at the same steady rate but they don't - some of the top camscores are 30k+ even though they're only one girl, hence they bring up the average to 900whatever even though the median is 467.

LilyMarie said:
Yep, she is the average model ...

The point is, even with a 'low' camscore of 500 you are in the first half. I did label that 'above average', mathematically that's wrong, boobswise spoken it's correct.

Reactions: Miss_Lollipop
RedHerby said:

I've been wanting to put a page with something like this and other info, like:

86% of the new models start off losing points, so don't feel down if you just started and have a camscore below 1000
On average a girl takes 15 months to finish on top 100 for the first time
(still need to check this one) New models normally have their first paid session 14 days after getting on cam for the first time
134 girls join MFC every day, but 76% quit in 4 months
In the last 30 days, 24,859 model were online and spent on average 30 hours online. 12,779 spent at least 15 hours online, which I call "true active"
795 "true active" models use twitter and together they tweet 66 times every hour

I just didn't find time to finish/check all the code. I'll try next week.

If there is some info you would like to see, PM me or drop a suggestion here, and I'll see if it is possible to do it without crashing the server ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.