AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Is there a decline in the number of Chaturbate's viewers?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 3, 2017
The title is self-explanatory.

I'm a mod of a model that is reaching 200,000 followers and for sure by the end of the year probably 300k+.

She usually as she starts the stream has between 300-500 viewers in the first minutes an average of 1,200 viewers/night and top of 10k+ in some really good day. But since some months ago we are seeing a drastic reduction in the number of viewers, struggling to reach even 600-700 viewers in some days and since I check other rooms constantly to see trends and the average number of viewers on, at least in the rooms of the front page, I'm noticing this with other models as well, no matter the show style, age, number of followers, etc.

I thought this decline would have to do with the Spring break in some countries in the northern hemisphere, particularly the U.S and taxation period too, but can't be only that.

I would like to know if someone noticed that too and if someone has some idea why, if it's happening, this decline in the number of viewers.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
300-500 in the first few minutes is a lot, not sure how many minutes "a few" are though.

According to the viewer count on the front page, the cb audience seems to have exploded for some reasons. Of the 90 rooms on the front page, the incredible number of 60 showed viewer numbers of over 1,000 on friday evening . There were even three rooms with over 10,000, while mostly only one room has these figures. Right now the number of rooms with over 1,000 viewers is high too. And then there are rooms with about 300 viewers next to these. I have no explanation anymore for it.

I dont think an individual can monitor the massive amount of traffic on CB, a multi billion corporation.

Attachments

• IMG_20190506_165729.jpg
    IMG_20190506_165729.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 62
I also want to throw out there that viewercount doesn't normally equal money.

If people are not coming to her room as much as they once were, she might need to change up her hustle and room.

300-500 in the first few minutes is a lot, not sure how many minutes "a few" are though.

According to the viewer count on the front page, the cb audience seems to have exploded for some reasons. Of the 90 rooms on the front page, the incredible number of 60 showed viewer numbers of over 1,000 on friday evening . There were even three rooms with over 10,000, while mostly only one room has these figures. Right now the number of rooms with over 1,000 viewers is high too. And then there are rooms with about 300 viewers next to these. I have no explanation anymore for it.

By first minutes I mean something like 3-5 first minutes, usually.

Well, strange. I checked some really popular rooms these days and all of them seem a bit less crowded.

Of course, some rooms have a massive number of viewers, usually anonymous. But in general, it looks like it has a general decline in the number of viewers.

@D4wggie

The 1 main room that I frequent on CB use to get 3500-5000 viewers each and every time within 60-90mins. Now, lucky to get 800 viewers (including anons) in 2-3 hours..
It has affected her mood in even wanting to be on some days. But she's growing to accept the room counts now and is facing the fact that it is what it is.

yet........ there is still 2-3 broadcasters on CB that can hit 15,000+ each and every time within 2 hours (and 1 broadcast hitting 5000-6000 after 30-40mins) And that's just sitting or standing and just talking. What is their secret? No one knows.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since 1,000 viewers is a mark that is relatively easy to see, it is my impression that the number of rooms that are above this mark has grown rapidly. Did chaturbate buy traffic? Did broadcasters or studios buy traffic? No idea.

@D4wggie

The 1 main room that I frequent on CB use to get 3500-5000 viewers each and every time within 60-90mins. Now, lucky to get 800 viewers (including anons) in 2-3 hours..
It has affected her mood in even wanting to be on some days. But she's growing to accept the room counts now and is facing the fact that it is what it is.

yet........ there is still 2-3 broadcasters on CB that can hit 15,000+ each and every time within 2 hours (and 1 broadcast hitting 5000-6000 after 30-40mins) And that's just sitting or standing and just talking. What is their secret? No one knows.

I feel like I will get a sore throat from how much I have to repeat this but the algorithm changes in April affected different models in different ways. There were 2 major tweaks, initially they tried to deal with the bots which resulted in a very volatile homepage... then they tweaked it to give more weight to certain rooms. I am still figuring out exactly what they tweaked, but I do know they are now giving more weight to tokens earned in the room, so models who used to have a lot of traffic but were poor earners are being dropped in favor of models with a strong game.

I also want to throw out there that viewercount doesn't normally equal money.

If people are not coming to her room as much as they once were, she might need to change up her hustle and room.

Yep. Rule #1 in online marketing. Millions of unique visitors doesn't mean shit if they don't convert.

Same reason why it's risky to buy traffic.

And you also identified rule #2, adapt or die

Reactions: AvaCharlotte
There were 2 major tweaks, initially they tried to deal with the bots which resulted in a very volatile homepage... then they tweaked it to give more weight to certain rooms. I am still figuring out exactly what they tweaked, but I do know they are now giving more weight to tokens earned in the room, so models who used to have a lot of traffic but were poor earners are being dropped in favor of models with a strong game.

First part is right, the first attempt did create a very volatile first page but second part I am fairly certain is incorrect.

First part is right, the first attempt did create a very volatile first page but second part I am fairly certain is incorrect.
How would you really know? It’s possible that CB realized that MFC was doing something right with camscore being heavily based on how many tokens/how much money models are making for placement to be a smart move.

I feel like I will get a sore throat from how much I have to repeat this but the algorithm changes in April affected different models in different ways. There were 2 major tweaks, initially they tried to deal with the bots which resulted in a very volatile homepage... then they tweaked it to give more weight to certain rooms. I am still figuring out exactly what they tweaked, but I do know they are now giving more weight to tokens earned in the room, so models who used to have a lot of traffic but were poor earners are being dropped in favor of models with a strong game.

I would suggest a pinned thread, but people would probable ask anyway.

Well you do see models with less viewers being ranked before models with more viewers.
Similarly you see people with less followers being ranked before people with more followers.
And same thing for user rating.

Ranking also seems to be weighted differently for different logged in users.

Interesting. Well, she usually has a good performance in tokens earned. It was a drop since this sudden decline but before it was around 5-6k average per night. I'm putting here this info because everyone can see how many tokens she earns so is not a secret anyway.

Just to let it clear, she doesn't buy traffic. So her viewer count is pretty "organic". A good portion of anonymous as usual but a strong presence of registered members, many dark blue, purple, etc...

Thanks for the reply.

Reactions: Mila_ and vulpes
I saw your long well documented post somewhere, and impossible to retrieve it.
imo it was in twitter, deleted, is it possible ?

I generally don't trust the viewer numbers shown on the page represent human viewers anymore.

Bot traffic seems to be a problem for many online businesses and I think it would be naive to think cb is not affected and since room placement that "pulls" natural human traffic to your room depends on "traffic" in general on cb there is a big motivation to use it.

I'm not against putting tokens earned or a token ratio into the equation anymore if you eliminate some of the negativ side effects from it, because this can lead to a "locked" room placement (always same rooms on top), which cb placement was always against.

Unfortunately I must say that chaturbate isnt fair anymore. I lost 80% of income because of their new algorithm which nobody know and what else- nobody wanna confirm that changed. They still dont say true on support emails they talk that nothing changed. I worked on chaturbate 4,5 years, earned tons of tokens and now I feel no needed person because 'new bitch will be replace other'. I was on first page max 2 now on 8-9. Im not gonna login on chaturbate anymore until this fake website will start working and ALL their RULES WILL BE CLEAR. Poeple record every show, its not fair when they record you and you earn 0 tokens. For example yesterday I have saw that two girls use the same bot and ONE OF THEM was so greedy that is on 3 page that after my text: 'wanna be on first page? I have suggestion for your bot' she wrote me PM and confirmed that her bot not work anymore. CHATURBATE how is it possible that you still let to be people like that on 3page with 200 fake people??? I have all scans/screensh with one of this girl but Im not sure if this will help anything the same like with "queen of pvt vids" you know about which girl im talking. For chaturbate doesnt matter who is on first page, they dont see people, they see only money. This is why they changed this algorithm and still talk things on emails that 'nothing changes, everything is working'. It doesnt matter that I earned 4 000-15 000 tokens per broadcast. They prefer to have BOT GIRLS on website which earn 1200 tk. I will give you small advice chaturbate. If you want to be fair just let use all people using bot or NOBODY.

@Chaturbate

all.png

pm1.png

pm3.png

Attachments

• 3.png
    3.png
    58.4 KB · Views: 35
  • 4.png
    4.png
    16.6 KB · Views: 33
  • 55.png
    55.png
    17.6 KB · Views: 32
  • 8.png
    8.png
    5.9 KB · Views: 33
  • 9.png
    9.png
    89.3 KB · Views: 32
  • 11.png
    11.png
    41.1 KB · Views: 26
  • 12.png
    12.png
    17.4 KB · Views: 25
  • 13.png
    13.png
    27 KB · Views: 22
  • 14.png
    14.png
    36.9 KB · Views: 22
  • next.png
    next.png
    17.3 KB · Views: 22
  • 7.png
    7.png
    41.9 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
BTW I stil can't understand why some 'models' are offline and are on 4-6 page... Maybe some of you know it, Dear people, Dear @Chaturbate?

1f.png

2f.png

2ff.png

4f.png

5f.png

Attachments

• 3f.png
    3f.png
    343.4 KB · Views: 6
I think it's a losing fight against bot user accounts. And when I say bot user accounts I mean accounts that have no other purpose than to improve room placement in the hope more real users find the room and spend money in it.

CB only offers users ONE option for room placement on the page AND in the list of followed rooms (I think this list plays a BIG role too), the one from their algorithm. Why? Offer users more variety here, for example sorting by last logged in, by a "token ratio" or some other means. They can also work on a better "recommendation" tool.

I think cb should think more in this direction than to fiddle around with their algorithm. Whatever algorithm they come up with, bot creators will find a way to beat it. That's a fact if you ask me.

Reactions: StarSpirit
I'd like to add one more thing. Potential new models might get a false impression of how to be successful on chaturbate. I don't want to give a name but there is a rather new highly successful "legs only on cam" model on chaturbate (debated in all models forums that I know of) not even chatting in english . Since her appearance and very high viewer numbers at high speed several new models have tried to copy it. I guess they saw her successs and assumes there is high potential on cb. The ones I spotted trying the same way all failed to gain viewers as can be expected.

Sitting around, playing with your phone is generally NOT a viable strategy for cb. Hiding your face during your broadcast on cb is generally NOT a successful strategy on cb. Just looking at the viewer numbers can give new models a very, very false impression of cb and lots and lots of frustration. The viewer numbers should a) not be trusted (will not all be all human viewers) and b) can not be translated into money at all.

Sometimes I think how girls must be determined that are sitting whole day on chaturbate per 100 tokens. I would leave this website and try on another... But this is only my opinion

How would you really know? It’s possible that CB realized that MFC was doing something right with camscore being heavily based on how many tokens/how much money models are making for placement to be a smart move.

because when the first algorithm change went in those romanians (the main element models were riding CB about) responded in a fashion that showed they have absolutely no issue with throwing money at the problem.

Sometimes I think how girls must be determined that are sitting whole day on chaturbate per 100 tokens. I would leave this website and try on another... But this is only my opinion

So what do you want really? A guarantee that YOU will always be among the top rooms of cb? That's never how cb was designed although I understand the desire of course. CB was designed in a way that every broadcaster, super star or not, starts the broadcast and has to make the way to the top every single day again.

Personally I like that I can just hang out on cb with no pressure to make money. I don't get rewarded for my past fame, my tokens earned or my followers with good placement when i do this. But unlike myfreecams I also do not get punished for it. Fair game.

because when the first algorithm change went in those romanians (the main element models were riding CB about) responded in a fashion that showed they have absolutely no issue with throwing money at the problem.

Please explain. I do not understand what you mean. Generally there were complaints all over "non English" camgirls forums over the first algorithm change (not a bad sign if you ask me personally).

Honestly If I cant be on top 5 page then I lost sense to be on cb. There are a lots of caming pages so if I can be close then better not to be there.

Reactions: whoknowswhite
I just read in a "non English" forum that the price to be bot promoted to the first page costs 300 tokens per hour. This price was not called in secret but in public. What "black market" prices are, I don't know.

offers a free trial. Use Google and you find more easily, again don't look in English forums or markt places, you'll not find the offers there.

So I say again, the solution is to present users more and different ways to find rooms.

Honestly If I cant be on top 5 page then I lost sense to be on cb. There are a lots of caming pages so if I can be close then better not to be there.

And why does page really matter? Page only matters, because right now cb orders rooms separated by pages. There is no law that demands cb orders rooms by pages.

What if cb changes to a long scrollable list of rooms? There would be no more pages then. A solution for you?

@cbhours are you the person behind cbhours.com? Love your site. You have the approach that I would like. Why not give users to sort by online hours? Just ONE example, many more ways to sort rooms.

Also quite fascinating how absolutely different your sorting is from cb sorting. Online hours do not have the effect that I thought they would have.

I just read in a "non English" forum that the price to be bot promoted to the first page costs 300 tokens per hour. This price was not called in secret but in public. What "black market" prices are, I don't know.

offers a free trial. Use Google and you find more easily, again don't look in English forums or markt places, you'll not find the offers there.

So I say again, the solution is to present users more and different ways to find rooms.
This bot is interesting, the site admin in the comments say's it gives 70% annon and 30% registered accounts, $500 seems pretty steep though, got a feeling you could get a custom bot from a freelance marketplace for less. The other problem I could see with getting a traffic bot from someone else is that you dont know whats going on on the back end, there's enough scripts floating around for recording cams, and it would be easy enough to have the bots recording cam feeds to various places and then at that point your paying someone to pirate your show :/

Status
Not open for further replies.