AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How long do you prepare for steaming each time ?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 20, 2017
For me almost 2 hour , make up , choose outfit , test my cam, set my room. How about you ?

For me almost 2 hour , make up , choose outfit , test my cam, set my room. How about you ?
30 minutes from pajamas to broadcast.

About 30 minutes to slap on some light makeup (mainly eyeliner and eyebrows, my complexion on cam isn't awful) and set up my lights/fuzzy blanket/camera/etc. I never put much thought in to what to wear because it comes off within 45 minutes anyway.

30 mins if I'm rushing. An hour if I'm leisurely doing my makeup while watching some trash tv show lol

Things I do to prep: Makeup/Hair (Which takes the longest because I have thick,long hair), outfit (shortest thing), lighting/cam settings,straighten out cam space

anywhere from 20 minutes to 4 hours if I'm having a bad anxiety day. sometimes i get ready for cam and not get online at all if it's a super bad day. 🙃

i have been trying to get online and do my makeup while streaming. no fucks. it makes me be quick and not take forever. the only negative thing is it does attract the "y O u D o N t N e E d M a K e U p" white knights that cause me to have irrational internal rage.

giphy.gif

An hour if I need to do my hair, but most of the time like 30 min. HOWEVER, since I'm fairly new at this and I'm still acquiring and learning new technology, I'll often spend a butt-ton of offline time managing my set-up.

Reactions: pugpug
10mins-2hrs on makeup. Less for a short shift, but for a long shift I need to take time to do a bulletproof beat, ya bitch has hyperhidrosis and I don't want a sweat goatee popping up at hour 4 making me look bonkers.

Hair, 10 seconds for a Nautilus bun, 30 seconds for a ponytail, 10 minutes for a single braid, or 30 minutes for double French braids. Temperature dictates, if it's cold I wear it down, maximum heat I need two French braids so I can get air to my scalp and not wind up with heat stroke.

Clothes, a minute. I cam in regular clothes, and I get dressed by grabbing the first thing.

Room, as much time as it takes to shift the pile of clean laundry from my desk chair to my bed

Stream setup, a couple minutes depending on the speed of my 2013 laptop that day.

So, anywhere from 15 minutes to 2.5 hours, depending on various factors.

30 minutes if I’m focused, 1 hour if I’m eating lunch /watching a show/ fucking around while I get ready, or want to shower first. I don’t do fancy makeup though, just enough so I don’t look washed out.

I dream about having a two bedroom or some office situation where I don’t have to put up and take down a ring light and a folding table every time I cam. I’ve tried to make that as streamlined as I can for now though.

About an hour for hair, makeup, room setup, outfit choice. Stupid thing is, I actually am lucky enough to have a dedicated cam room, but it's in the basement and the lighting blows so I just setup in my dining/living area.

sometimes i get ready for cam and not get online at all if it's a super bad day.
I FEEL THIS! There have definitely been times I am all ready to get on but my mood won't allow it. Almost feels impossible. Other days, I hit the broadcast button without a thought and just do it. I don't really have anxiety as much as PMS.

1-2 hours depending on if it's an evening shift or morning. I have a vanilla day job, so I may just need to touch up my makeup for an evening shift.
I'm OCD about makeup, since I also used to do makeup professionally. I also wear lashes and wear wigs.
My bedroom is where I stream, so I make sure everything is tidy and I'm good to go.

Depends on my mood and if I’ve already had makeup on when I get ready to cam. Schedule now is wake up, protein bar and coffee then work out for an hour, shower and I always wear full face makeup except in the summer. If my hair is already dry, i usually use a halo extension and braid it with my hair. That takes the longest. About 20 min to touch up makeup and do hair. Set up cams, fart around on my phone and start streaming is another 20. If I have to start from a shower it’s about an hour from start to finish.

I bought wigs today so I don’t have to worry about hair- just pop a fun wig on. Also bought another dozen outfits to wear on cam and I have a designated dresser for naughty clothes.

I’ve found I tend to make less overall if I spend more time on makeup. Either I suck or they like the natural look which is a crap ton of war paint anyway.

Between 30 - 60 minutes, it depends if I want a classic or elaborate makeup/outfit. It also takes me more time if I put on some hair extension or a wig.

I don't need to do any other preparation as I have a room dedicated to camming so all I need to do is plug in my laptop and everything is ready for me to broadcast (light, webcam, cleaned toys etc)

I used to take forever to choose an outfit, now it is much easier to pick one since I've become more organized in my special closet ;)

Usually around 2 hours! I don't really do my hair or makeup outside of streaming, so it's always .. quite a bit of work. Probably also because I'm a complete makeup and styling noob.
It's usually a bit shorter if I still have a camsetup somewhere, so I don't need to setup lights and such. Or very short preptime if I decide to do a chill/potato no-makeup stream.

anywhere from 20 minutes to 4 hours if I'm having a bad anxiety day. sometimes i get ready for cam and not get online at all if it's a super bad day. 🙃

i have been trying to get online and do my makeup while streaming. no fucks. it makes me be quick and not take forever. the only negative thing is it does attract the "y O u D o N t N e E d M a K e U p" white knights that cause me to have irrational internal rage.

giphy.gif

I appreciate this bc I suffer from anxiety as well ... how do you make sure you stay consistent with camming at set hours ??? I end up getting so down on myself for not logging on.

Depends on my mood and if I’ve already had makeup on when I get ready to cam. Schedule now is wake up, protein bar and coffee then work out for an hour, shower and I always wear full face makeup except in the summer. If my hair is already dry, i usually use a halo extension and braid it with my hair. That takes the longest. About 20 min to touch up makeup and do hair. Set up cams, fart around on my phone and start streaming is another 20. If I have to start from a shower it’s about an hour from start to finish.

I bought wigs today so I don’t have to worry about hair- just pop a fun wig on. Also bought another dozen outfits to wear on cam and I have a designated dresser for naughty clothes.

I’ve found I tend to make less overall if I spend more time on makeup. Either I suck or they like the natural look which is a crap ton of war paint anyway.

Wow thank you !!! I feel like someone literally saying "here wake up, eat, brush teeth, make up, go" .... was helpful.... I'm thinking writing out a schedule for myself now thank uuuuu

For makeup it takes me about 30 mins when focused. Unfocused: 1 hour

Clothes: sometimes, i put my outfit out the day before, but when I don't, I'll find whatever

Lighting: since my ring light never gets unplug (nor does my laptop) that takes no time.

I do want to start getting decorations for each holiday as well.

I appreciate this bc I suffer from anxiety as well ... how do you make sure you stay consistent with camming at set hours ??? I end up getting so down on myself for not logging on.
Setting a schedule does help for sure! I actually try to keep my day on a routine schedule to help keep me on track and consistent. I can relate to the getting down on yourself when your anxiety prevents you from doing things that seem so easy. The best advice is don't punish yourself, pick yourself up, light a candle, and go from there.

Recommend picking up Thriving in Sex Work.

About a 1/2 hour. Right now I’m doing early hours so I roll myself out of bed, make my coffee, grab an outfit (I sort of have a loose rotating pattern for my outfits so I force myself not to waste time on picking them out), grab my charged lush, And dab on some undereye makeup and lipstick while my laptop tuns on. I open up my cam site browser, flip on my lighting which luckily can stay set up, and try to get streaming asap.

This helps 1) so I get the clock rolling (since time online is important for chaturbate ranking) 2) I have limited blocks of time I can dedicate and I want to soak up every min 3) forces me online (I get up early and when sleepiness kicks in the bed loooks ohhh so good 😊). In the afternoon and evening block I technically have more time to get ready since it is just touch up but I haven’t noticed yet much difference in earning between when I put a lot of effort into my look and just racking up as much time online as possible to cultivate new followers and regulars.

For now I’m focusing on just getting my butt online. So far no one has complained.

About 15-20 minutes-for me personally, it's just a waste of time to spend longer than that getting ready. I don't make any more money if I put on a lot of makeup-in fact, some of my best earning days have been where I felt like I looked like shit-I was not in sexy clothes, no or very little makeup, hair in a ponytail, yet I banked! lol

I only take extra time to doll myself up if I feel like trying out a new hair or makeup look or something for myself.

Usually 30 minutes to an hour. Depends if I need to shower, how elaborate I want my makeup to be, what clothes I want to wear, and how distracted I get. I often watch other models on mfc while I'm getting ready because it amps me up to cam and sometimes I get kinda sidetracked.

Status
Not open for further replies.