AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Have you thought ...

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 1, 2018
Have you thought if the people of Xsplit can spy on us through their software? Suppose someone has bought an xsplit license, installed the application and starts streaming. Is it possible for xsplit's internal staff to see what we are doing and record our content etc? Not only xsplit, can be OBS as well, any software that can be used for split our webcams being able to use more than one webcam at the same time to broadcast in more than one site.

Last edited:
Is true. But in our activity, we do streaming on an adult entertainment site. So these sites have free mode and private mode. But someone from the staff of that software that we will use to stream, can spy (a programmer etc.).

And of course we all know that in our activity many members record and mount you on the internet. And you are not going to know who it really was who mounted you on the internet. Now the biggest danger is if you paid for that software with your credit card (or paypal, your details will be your most important, your name). So they will have your data and can mount you on the internet with your first and last real name. They will have your first and last name, including your bank details and your IP address.

Another thing is who records us from the members of the sites where we stream but the members don't know our real data. They only have your username of the site where you broadcast and they mount you with that username not your full real name. And we cam models do what everyone wants to see! Nude and explicit sexual shows.

In 5 years when you stop streaming on adult sites, you will be able to find a video of yourself doing a show and with your real full name as a title. You may think I'm paranoid but I don't believe because this can happen! I hope that what I am thinking will help others to be cautious with their things!

Aren't they both open source?
I understand that OBS is open source and it is free. On the other hand, Xsplit i dont know. But for xsplit you need to pay to remove the watermark. And if you do not pay xsplit it is forbidden to use it for commercial purposes. You can't use xsplit for your money streaming if you don't have the license purchased. Someone knows more about this stuff?

Have you thought if the people of Xsplit can spy on us through their software? Suppose someone has bought an xsplit license, installed the application and starts streaming. Is it possible for xsplit's internal staff to see what we are doing and record our content etc? Not only xsplit, can be OBS as well, any software that can be used for split our webcams being able to use more than one webcam at the same time to broadcast in more than one site.

neither OBS or Xsplit encrypt their stream packages to a site. If you know a streamer's IP address you can already directly access their raw feed before it reaches any site. This has been possible even with the old directx based web encoders as well.

You don't log into xsplit to use their encoder also even IF they were receiving everyone IP everytime they used the software between all the types of streams possible it would be finding a needle in a haystack for them to know which IP were cammodel streams vs a twtich, youtube, facebook or many other types of streams at the same time. Worrying about them caring about your specific IP is like worrying about lightning strikes from normal looking clouds.

That said your real risk is still actual viewers finding out your broadcasting IP because they can do anything from DDOS you to figuring out your general location to being able to access your feed even the paywalled content of it.

Reactions: DJ_Pioneer
neither OBS or Xsplit encrypt their stream packages to a site. If you know a streamer's IP address you can already directly access their raw feed before it reaches any site. This has been possible even with the old directx based web encoders as well.

You don't log into xsplit to use their encoder also even IF they were receiving everyone IP everytime they used the software between all the types of streams possible it would be finding a needle in a haystack for them to know which IP were cammodel streams vs a twtich, youtube, facebook or many other types of streams at the same time. Worrying about them caring about your specific IP is like worrying about lightning strikes from normal looking clouds.

That said your real risk is still actual viewers finding out your broadcasting IP because they can do anything from DDOS you to figuring out your general location to being able to access your feed even the paywalled content of it.

I understand but I am mainly talking about when you buy that software license you are giving them your bank details. But it is not the same to give bank details to someone who you buy some dresses, than when you buy a software license so that you can stream on an adult entertainment site. Capable that mine is paranoia but there is a risk as well. It will not be that from here to 5 years that you see a video recorded with you on the internet and with your real full name. It's fine as I said the users record you but they don't know our first and last name (sensitive data). I dont know if i am too paranoic, but bad people are all over the world. In many companies there are some. It doesnt mean or i dont assure that this will really happen or is happening. Is only a thought of mine.

Last edited:
I understand but I am mainly talking about when you buy that software license you are giving them your bank details. But it is not the same to give bank details to someone who you buy some dresses, than when you buy a software license so that you can stream on an adult entertainment site. Capable that mine is paranoia but there is a risk as well. It will not be that from here to 5 years that you see a video recorded with you on the internet and with your real full name. It's fine as I said the users record you but they don't know our first and last name (sensitive data). I dont know if i am too paranoic, but bad people are all over the world. In many companies there are some. It doesnt mean or i dont assure that this will really happen or is happening. Is only a thought of mine.

Let's say you're right to be worried and Xsplit is secretly collecting, recording and tying people's real names to their content every time you use their software. What would it GAIN them from outting this fact in such a blatant way? Also you when you buy an Xsplit license you aren't giving your info to THEM, they use merchant transaction sites for this like digitalriver and such. All Xsplit knows about you is your order, transaction and serial number. There are plenty of things to be paranoid about using this industry but I would say there's vastly more risk to your information coming from the sites themselves than from 3rd parties.

Personally I wish more people that benefit financially from streaming would remember to donate to OBS. Considering how much work has been done to OBS in the last 5 years and how much people are making off using it that it's a shame they have to BEG for donations. As someone that programs myself I hate the level of entitlement people have when asked to pay for anything that is ultimately going to making them 1000x more money in the long run.

As someone that programs myself I hate the level of entitlement people have when asked to pay for anything that is ultimately going to making them 1000x more money in the long run.

Good point.

Let's say you're right to be worried and Xsplit is secretly collecting, recording and tying people's real names to their content every time you use their software. What would it GAIN them from outting this fact in such a blatant way? Also you when you buy an Xsplit license you aren't giving your info to THEM, they use merchant transaction sites for this like digitalriver and such. All Xsplit knows about you is your order, transaction and serial number. There are plenty of things to be paranoid about using this industry but I would say there's vastly more risk to your information coming from the sites themselves than from 3rd parties.

But the goal of this post was to know if my thinking was very paranoid. Maybe at the beginning of my post I could not explain well.

I am not saying that this is happening with any software, nor will it happen.
Only note that when someone pays for a license ceases to be anonymous, while when you do not pay and use it free, you have that level of anonymity and do not know your bank and personal data. Streaming a video game game is not the same as streaming adult content.

My post is being misunderstood. I do not say that I am against paying for softwares. It is perfect to pay for it. I am not addicted to the free things. Because I don't like doing things for free either. I just said that when you pay, you have to give certain information. Name, surname, telephone, address etc. And when you use free software you are not exposed to that.
But that does not mean that I am going against paying for a license. Because a program with a paid license (and also a software with license of free) has development, has people working, has a company behind and we as users have to pay for that (and that is very good). As well as people have to pay to see my shows.
My concern arose because when you pay you are more exposed to give more information about yourself, banking etc. than when someone uses something free.
And I gave two examples of two software companies for streaming as there may have been others as well. Because they were the only two companies I knew, thats why i wrote their names. I could wrote any others. Was only as an example mode. I don´t have nothing against any of those companies or any others that develops this kind of softwares for streaming.

My concern arose because when you pay you are more exposed to give more information about yourself, banking etc. than when someone uses something free.

Not entirely true. Remember, "free" isn't always "free". While you may be opening yourself up to certain risks by using software that you've paid for with a CC, it's not any different than if you use other software that's unrelated to adult work.

I get your concern. But, IMO, you're way overthinking it. If you're that level of paranoid, perhaps you shouldn't be camming at all. Because you'll always be worried someone is going to be doing something with whatever software you have. Like being afraid to go to Starbuck's and always lookign over your shoulder.

Is true. But in our activity, we do streaming on an adult entertainment site. So these sites have free mode and private mode. But someone from the staff of that software that we will use to stream, can spy (a programmer etc.).

And of course we all know that in our activity many members record and mount you on the internet. And you are not going to know who it really was who mounted you on the internet. Now the biggest danger is if you paid for that software with your credit card (or paypal, your details will be your most important, your name). So they will have your data and can mount you on the internet with your first and last real name. They will have your first and last name, including your bank details and your IP address.

Another thing is who records us from the members of the sites where we stream but the members don't know our real data. They only have your username of the site where you broadcast and they mount you with that username not your full real name. And we cam models do what everyone wants to see! Nude and explicit sexual shows.

In 5 years when you stop streaming on adult sites, you will be able to find a video of yourself doing a show and with your real full name as a title. You may think I'm paranoid but I don't believe because this can happen! I hope that what I am thinking will help others to be cautious with their things!

Think about the amount of storage they would need for something like this. It would be SO expensive to store all of that video. And these programs aren't used JUST by the adult industry - Twitch and YouTube Live streamers also use them. They'd be storing at least a year of content a day saving all of that. The cost of the hard drives you'd need to do that, and the space they'd take up, simply wouldn't be worth it.

If you buy software with a credit card the vendor will not get all your address details from the credit card processor, most likely just a name and email address. And the name can be fake as long as you give the payment processor the right name. This is with proper payment processors, but you should never use dodgy processors anyway.

Furthermore, these programs are used by many very technically inclined people who are very likely to find anything dodgy, whether by checking the software or by network analysis. There are many reports about software being caught sending data to the vendor or a third party, if this was the case with OBS or Xsplit someone would have noticed by now.

Reactions: melanieoncam
Status
Not open for further replies.