AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

I need a new computer! Help me.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 6, 2020
Chaturbate Username
lucybenzxxx
Hello everyone.

I know there are guys here who have a lot of technology knowledge.

I started camming again last year and I'm having difficulties because of my laptop.
It's a HP model 14-v064br.
- Microprocessor: 4th generation Intel Core i5-4210U processor, 1.7 GHz
with Turbo Boost up to 2.7 GHz. Dual Core Processor.
- Memory 8 GB DDR3L SDRAM (1 DIMM).
- Video card: NVIDIA GeForce 830M graphics card with 2048 MB of dedicated DDR3 video memory and up to 4096 MB of total graphics memory.
- Hard drive 1 TB (5400 RPM).
Screen 14 "(1366 x 768) High Definition BrightView WLED monitor.
Wireless connectivity 1x1 802.11b / g / n wireless local area network (WLAN).
Sound Beats Audio with two speakers.
Windows 10 pro 64 bit
Internet speed: 50 down and 23 up.

* UPGRADE:

I've added
+ 8GB RAM DDR3L and 120GB HD SSD Sata 6gb/s.
Now it's a little better, but not enough.

In 1080p I can transmit only one site. In 720p, two or three (scratching) sites.
If I use JustCamIt software, I can split the camera with only one site using Verysoft webcamsplitter. But depending on the site, it isn't possible because the
CPU usage goes as high as 80%.
* Without other things running; browsers, skype, plugins, editors, etc.

I want to be able to broadcast on three or four sites at the same time, comfortably and in the best possible quality.
Can use OBS, webcamsplitter, skype and other things that are necessary.

All advice and suggestion are welcome.

In obs are you making sure you use a hardware encoder like qsv or nvenc?

You aren't going to do 4 sites at best possible quality with 23mbps upload and even 3 is going to be tight. Internet speed is always improving though so maybe you should buy a nice desktop PC with a powerful processor, the one you have is pretty weak.

Reactions: LucyBenz
You aren't going to do 4 sites at best possible quality with 23mbps upload and even 3 is going to be tight.

Yes but no so tight than described at 720p.

1280p on this net could pass for 2 streams, 3 is too just (need 8M per stream) or you nedd to low down many things (fps, sound sampling,...).
23Mbps / 4 streams = 7.75Mbps for each stream. This should pass 720p that needs about 5Mbps per stream, but 720p should not be 'scratchy'.

How is your memory occupied ? Maybe 4 streams asks the PC to swap often and so it takes time to access the disk.
This would explain the scratchy effect. I'm not sure that Windows10 can be set to use the ssd to swap (didn't played with that since win7 ^^)

Else yes : ensure to use "hardware acceleration" on all streaming soft you use else you don't use your graphic card.

1280p on this net could pass for 2 streams, 3 is too just (need 8M per stream) or you nedd to low down many things (fps, sound sampling,...).
23Mbps / 4 streams = 7.75Mbps for each stream. This should pass 720p that needs about 5Mbps per stream, but 720p should not be 'scratchy'.

How is your memory occupied ? Maybe 4 streams asks the PC to swap often and so it takes time to access the disk.
This would explain the scratchy effect. I'm not sure that Windows10 can be set to use the ssd to swap (didn't played with that since win7 ^^)

Else yes : ensure to use "hardware acceleration" on all streaming soft you use else you don't use your graphic card.

You don't need 7.75 for 1080p. CB for example recommends 5k for 1080p.

You don't need 7.75 for 1080p. CB for example recommends 5M for 1080p.
7.75 is her up speed divided by 4, make what she has for 1 stream when she wants 4 sites
else :
from CB:
Resolution Minimum Upload Bandwidth Needed
853x480 2mbps
1280x720 5mbps
1920x1080 10mbps
2560x1440 16mbps
3840x2160 (4K) 20mbps

1280x720 is named '720p' and 1920x7080 is named '1280p' :)

but I better use the other one from support with sound sampling

Last edited:
from CB:
Resolution Minimum Upload Bandwidth Needed
853x480 2mbps
1280x720 5mbps
1920x1080 10mbps
2560x1440 16mbps
3840x2160 (4K) 20mbps

1280x720 is named '720p' and 1920x7080 is named '1280p' :)

but I better use the other one from support with sound sampling
Those are wrong. When you actually broadcast it recommends on the page 5k for 1080p 30fps. There is no reason that 1080p would need a 10k bitrate, which is half the recommended for 4k even though 4k is 4x the pixels.

In obs are you making sure you use a hardware encoder like qsv or nvenc?

You aren't going to do 4 sites at best possible quality with 23mbps upload and even 3 is going to be tight. Internet speed is always improving though so maybe you should buy a nice desktop PC with a powerful processor, the one you have is pretty weak.

I'm not using OBS, but I'll try. I never go to four sites, because my laptop doesn't support... I notice that the CPU goes to 100%!

Those are wrong. When you actually broadcast it recommends on the page 5k for 1080p 30fps. There is no reason that 1080p would need a 10k bitrate, which is half the recommended for 4k even though 4k is 4x the pixels.
You dont want to try broadcasting at 1080p with a 5mbps upload internet connection, its not going to be a pleasant experience.

Reactions: Lelo1

RAM memory, no more than 60%.
I'll get your advice about "hardware acceleration" and observe it.

OK, have to think twice about net speed (on my broadcast page they actually ask 3M for 720p) . Anyway, she should not be limited at 720p for 3 or 4 streams :) and she tells that it is scratchy, so the problem is elsewhere.

Definitely,
I need a new computer for what I need and want. (My laptop's processor is very weak.) After, I increase the upload if necessary.

Last edited:
She has 23 down, she has the bitrate to stream 4 1080p streams at 5k with some room to spare. I've broadcasted in 4k at 20k bitrate with 0 problems.
What does you broadcasting at 4k at 20k bitrate have anything to do with anything? Are you on an internation connection capped at 20mbps?

I'm still going to disagree with you, you dont want to try doing 4x 1080p with a 23mbps upload internet connection. I agree with chaturbates minimums they suggest based on my experiences helping people with under 8mbps upload.

What does you broadcasting at 4k at 20k bitrate have anything to do with anything? Are you on an internation connection capped at 20mbps?

I'm still going to disagree with you, you dont want to try doing 4x 1080p with a 23mbps upload internet connection. I agree with chaturbates minimums they suggest based on my experiences helping people with under 8mbps upload.
The overall bitrate is the same, 5k 1080p streams is the same as 1 4k 20k bitrate stream, at least concerning the upload. And those minimums on their page are certainly not correct.... According to that page I shouldn't be able to broadcast in 1080p 60fps with a bitrate of 8k, yet it works perfectly for me. I know other models who don't broadcast anywhere near those 720/1080 settings.

The cpu is more likely going to be the limiting factor before any bitrate problems come up anyways.

The overall bitrate is the same, 5k 1080p streams is the same as 1 4k 20k bitrate stream, at least concerning the upload. And those minimums on their page are certainly not correct.... According to that page I shouldn't be able to broadcast in 1080p 60fps with a bitrate of 8k, yet it works perfectly for me. I know other models who don't broadcast anywhere near those 720/1080 settings.
You will never broadcast 1080p 60fps with a bitrate of 8k on an internet connection capped at 8mbps. You need to leave some available upload otherwise everything starts dropping, download speed, ping, etc

Reactions: KingMarti
Thank you very much to everyone! :kiss:

My next step will be to choose a new computer. Meanwhile, I"ll do what I can with what I have. :happy:

my experiences helping people with under 8mbps upload.
I could stream tagged 'hd' at '720p' on adsl (less than 1Mbps Up) But it is really not easy to tune ^^

(she is capped at 23Mbps for all streams => 8 M if she wants 3 streams)

So, no one answered what computer is needed to be able broadcast on three or four sites at the same time?
LucyBenz, 2 sites in 720 still scrathing?

One of the ways OBS fits larger streams into smaller upload is by throwing out detail.
The less bandwith the lower the bits per pixel.
1920x1080 @ 24 FPS @ 8000 Kbps = 0.16 BPP
1920x1080 @ 24 FPS @ 5000 Kbps = 0.10 BPP
1920x1080 @ 24 FPS @ 4000 Kbps = 0.08 BPP

1920x1080 @ 30 FPS @ 8000 Kbps = 0.13 BPP
1920x1080 @ 30 FPS @ 5000 Kbps = 0.08 BPP
1920x1080 @ 30 FPS @ 4000 Kbps = 0.06 BPP

If the stream is upscaling, your probable not going to see much of a quality improvement.

If your not moving around a lot, people can some times get away with even lower BPP. but the also run the risk that soon as they start moving around, their stream might turn into a glitchy mess.

If your not viewing your stream at full screen, on a full quality 1080p monitor or better, you may not be able to notice all the details about the quality of your stream.

Part of the assumption there is also buffering. It's like driving where if you drive just as the right speed to get there on time, you don't get there on time, because you had to stop for lights, heavy traffic, peek hour traffic, there was delays, extra.

Reactions: LucyBenz and DoD404
Status
Not open for further replies.