AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Cam Model Business plan - starts with cam site then ..

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 1, 2020
Am watching the cam shows - is a variety so is something for everyone. I am just a viewer but am business guy so was reading about some cam model business plans. When I read cam sites tend to get 1/2 the money - that is a big cut. BUT am wondering do the models look at it like a lead system - customer starts there - make some $$$ - then its onto whatsapp and or skype and then only fans etc etc. And with any marketing and business plan - is always whales. You always need to have the most expensive package or option as there is always the 1 or 2 out of 100 that are always going big. And I would have to think if only doing the cams and not working twitter and only fans and whatsapp etc then you're not making near what you could and should. Best part is that this isn't just a job can when are 20 - if you started young you can do this for years and years and years if you do it right. Are many examples of ones doing it right and banking that is for sure. Oh and if cam site is taking 1/2 you also then have to pay if using a studio right? I think I read another 25 to 30%? So if no studio my 1,000 token is only $50 for a model and if they are using a studio they might only get $25 or $20 of that $100?

It's so exhausting having to constantly explain why 40-50% really isn't a big cut when you take into consideration all that these sites offer. They bring you traffic, they offer support, they process payments. Those things cost the sites money, on top of other expenses that come with running a large site.

Skype is very much a "do so at your own risk" venture, considering Microsoft does not allow sexting or any sort of "obscene" stuff. Plus, Skype is not secure and should only be used with a VPN. Also, you would still need to get money for a Skype or Whatsapp show/session. How do you suppose models get payment? Almost every single vanilla payment app, such as Paypal, Venmo, Cashapp, have it in their tos that you cannot use them for adult services and you run the risk of getting your account banned, along with any funds you have frozen. Paypal has also been known to ban sex worker's personal Paypal accounts that they don't even take payments for adult services on, as well. So, to get payment you're still going to be taking a cut if you want to do everything legitimately.

And yeah, obviously marketing yourself can help, but it's not necessary. I've found that Twitter can be a hit or miss. Twitter attracts a lot of freeloaders who will just get off to whatever you're posting on your Twitter feed. Some girls are terrific at the marketing game and can use Twitter to their advantage, but there's also people, myself included, that found it to be a waste of time. My income has gone up since I got rid of all my social media, because the time I'd use dicking around on social media I instead can use to make new content and post to my clip sites where they will do well just off internal traffic. Which brings us back to the original point, that I'm more than happy having a cut taken from my earnings since they supply the traffic so that I don't have to waste time with marketing and I can still make a good living.

Anyway, not sure where you were going with all of this.

That's basically the model of skyprivate, which gets you to 70%. But now they can't do group shows, which can be a big source of revenue.

When customers find out that models get 50%. Customers tend to think models should cutout the cam site, and presto now they only need to tip 40 bucks to get that 80 buck show! But then they find out the model still wants 80 bucks, because they're now they're taking on more work, more risk, charge backs, extra.

It's so exhausting having to constantly explain why 40-50% really isn't a big cut when you take into consideration all that these sites offer. They bring you traffic, they offer support, they process payments. Those things cost the sites money, on top of other expenses that come with running a large site.

Skype is very much a "do so at your own risk" venture, considering Microsoft does not allow sexting or any sort of "obscene" stuff. Plus, Skype is not secure and should only be used with a VPN. Also, you would still need to get money for a Skype or Whatsapp show/session. How do you suppose models get payment? Almost every single vanilla payment app, such as Paypal, Venmo, Cashapp, have it in their tos that you cannot use them for adult services and you run the risk of getting your account banned, along with any funds you have frozen. Paypal has also been known to ban sex worker's personal Paypal accounts that they don't even take payments for adult services on, as well. So, to get payment you're still going to be taking a cut if you want to do everything legitimately.

And yeah, obviously marketing yourself can help, but it's not necessary. I've found that Twitter can be a hit or miss. Twitter attracts a lot of freeloaders who will just get off to whatever you're posting on your Twitter feed. Some girls are terrific at the marketing game and can use Twitter to their advantage, but there's also people, myself included, that found it to be a waste of time. My income has gone up since I got rid of all my social media, because the time I'd use dicking around on social media I instead can use to make new content and post to my clip sites where they will do well just off internal traffic. Which brings us back to the original point, that I'm more than happy having a cut taken from my earnings since they supply the traffic so that I don't have to waste time with marketing and I can still make a good living.

Anyway, not sure where you were going with all of this.
oh okay - didn't know all that. I thought that cam sites were basically lead generates to get "fans" and then sell them things that get the model 100% of the money.

My cam time is my work time. My offline time is me time. While I do offer snapchat, it's only to post photos and let people know when I'm online, not to try to sell more content or interact with members. I didn't get into camming to earn as much money as I possibly could, I got into camming for the creativity, sexuality, independence, and ability to set my own hours and work when and how I want to work. My cam site taking 40% of the money allows them to do the things that I don't want to worry about so I can focus on the stuff I enjoy.

My goal isn't money, it's happiness.

Camming isn't the "start." It's where I intend to stay.

oh okay - didn't know all that. I thought that cam sites were basically lead generates to get "fans" and then sell them things that get the model 100% of the money.
you're cute

Status
Not open for further replies.