AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What's more profitable for model: public or private ?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 5, 2021
Hello again.

I have a question for models. What's more profitable for you ? Private show or public ?

I noticed so many models don't doing masturbation or other strictly sexual things on public shows. Some masturbate by pants, some undress and dance/sing, only. Few only talks. Many don't have on tip menu nothing more than flash tits/flash pussy for 3 min/sing/dance ect. I see so there are 2 ways: one way - be "elite" only for private (many times without recording) and second way - doing all on public (on tip menu or goals). In first way models can have greater certainty so their shows not leak (but can't make sure) and every member who wanted see sexual things must pay. It seems so in this way, models can earn more but this really true ? Because in second way most popular models can make a lot of tokens. Many members pay by lush or just because like model.

It seems to me so not popular models doing private more than popular. But maybe way to be popular is only by public long road ? Or maybe golden way it's balance: "normal" masturbate on public and more like anal, dark talk ect ect on private ? Of course in our considerations we cannot ignore problen with leaking public shows to internet. Models who have only private shows can have greater certainty so their shows does not leak.

In others words question is: be like unique dress from Prada 👚 which selling little but expensive or like Adidas t shirt 👕which selling in millions copy ? :)

Any way It seems so in global market best selling is Adidas t shirt than expensive dress from Prada... :)

Of course in discussion I leave all things except profit, like: psychic comfort for model (I thing so in private model have more comfort because see only one person), shame (especially for new models) and many, many other things... I focus only on economy side...

What's your opinion ?

Hello again.

I have a question for models. What's more profitable for you ? Private show or public ?

I noticed so many models don't doing masturbation or other strictly sexual things on public shows. Some masturbate by pants, some undress and dance/sing, only. Few only talks. Many don't have on tip menu nothing more than flash tits/flash pussy for 3 min/sing/dance ect. I see so there are 2 ways: one way - be "elite" only for private (many times without recording) and second way - doing all on public (on tip menu or goals). In first way models can have greater certainty so their shows not leak (but can't make sure) and every member who wanted see sexual things must pay. It seems so in this way, models can earn more but this really true ? Because in second way most popular models can make a lot of tokens. Many members pay by lush or just because like model.

It seems to me so not popular models doing private more than popular. But maybe way to be popular is only by public long road ? Or maybe golden way it's balance: "normal" masturbate on public and more like anal, dark talk ect ect on private ? Of course in our considerations we cannot ignore problen with leaking public shows to internet. Models who have only private shows can have greater certainty so their shows does not leak.

In others words question is: be like unique dress from Prada 👚 which selling little but expensive or like Adidas t shirt 👕which selling in millions copy ? :)

Any way It seems so in global market best selling is Adidas t shirt than expensive dress from Prada... :)

Of course in discussion I leave all things except profit, like: psychic comfort for model (I thing so in private model have more comfort because see only one person), shame (especially for new models) and many, many other things... I focus only on economy side...

What's your opinion ?
Depends on the model's personality and the site.

Personally, I find private or smaller public shows most profitable, but on SM there is no below-the-waist nudity allowed in free/ public chat.

With me it has nothing to do with being comfortable or confident performing publically. It has more to do w ADHD and having a hard time processing all the requests that come in so quickly, and how fast my screen that I am seeing them rotates (i.e stuff drops off the bottom before I am able to read it and fulfill the request). I have to have the writing set bigger so I can read it without glasses, which thus makes the screen rotate even faster. The stress of having 5 or 6 requests come in bam, bam, bam is too much for my processing abilities, overwhelms me, and kills my mood. So for me private all the way. However, for models that don't have issues processing info that fast, and responding to several sites at once, it seems that the opposite is likely a more profitable fun, way to go.

I understand why lots of guys think they are being ignored, but sometimes it's not purposeful, it's because the room is crazy busy and people are typing in a shit ton at once. So the model has to be able to prioritize requests, and respond accordingly at a certain speed. I'm not the best at that, personally. Others however are really good at it, and manage it like boss bitches.

because im on streamate too, private. i specifically work that site because there are no public shows and everything is behind a paywall (expect for the handful of $0 goldshows that some models have success from)

still risk having your paid shows recorded and shared. so that's myth. just not as much.

on streamate it would be privates or goldshows (kinda like a ticket show) and i find both very profitable. im a pretty popular model on my site, and some nights it feels like i have a delicatessen line for privates. sometimes i can earn more in one goldshow than all my privates combined in a shift. on other days privates are more profitable where i can barely get a goldshow above 50 gold. most days its a balance.

Privates are much more profitable for me. I recently started on Streamate and I make more money than I ever did on Chaturbate or Stripchat.

It all depends on what you're good at, what you enjoy, and what your customer base is - for me, I specialize in different kinks and fetishes, so it's hard to make a very profitable public show out of that since everyone wants very specific things. On top of that, I don't particularly enjoy public shows, because I am petty and I hate freeloaders that don't tip night after night, but get to enjoy the show anyways.

Privates are much more profitable for me. I recently started on Streamate and I make more money than I ever did on Chaturbate or Stripchat.

It all depends on what you're good at, what you enjoy, and what your customer base is - for me, I specialize in different kinks and fetishes, so it's hard to make a very profitable public show out of that since everyone wants very specific things. On top of that, I don't particularly enjoy public shows, because I am petty and I hate freeloaders that don't tip night after night, but get to enjoy the show anyways.
On top of that, I don't particularly enjoy public shows, because I am petty and I hate freeloaders that don't tip night after night, but get to enjoy the show anyways.
you are right ,, but should think only of what u got in the end of the month .. for example ... making 2000$ a month on a premium site , only 30 guys from pvt watching, or making 20000 end of the month with 5000 people watching and only few tipping ..in the end incommes matter s

On top of that, I don't particularly enjoy public shows, because I am petty and I hate freeloaders that don't tip night after night, but get to enjoy the show anyways.
you are right ,, but should think only of what u got in the end of the month .. for example ... making 2000$ a month on a premium site , only 30 guys from pvt watching, or making 20000 end of the month with 5000 people watching and only few tipping ..in the end incommes matter s
exactly. some models do better monetarily w/ public shows on token sites. where there are others who do better only offering privates on the same site or premium sites. everyone hustles differently. really there is no better way, because it depends on the model.

thats why its best to try the many different camsites and experiment with your show types to figure out your camming preference.

exactly. some models do better monetarily w/ public shows on token sites. where there are others who do better only offering privates on the same site or premium sites. everyone hustles differently. really there is no better way, because it depends on the model.

thats why its best to try the many different camsites and experiment with your show types to figure out your camming preference.
Yes I totally agree!! (I don't know how to quote AudriTwo and Anabeauty37 at once). I'd let 1000s of freeloaders watch if I was making way more money in public shows :p I've just found that even on different camsites, I never really excelled at them and didn't make much money off of them, hence the time and energy to be petty while I'm doing them, hahaha. Hopefully no one took that as me throwing shade at people doing public shows or saying that you shouldn't try them out while you're figuring out your camming style!!!

(I don't know how to quote AudriTwo and Anabeauty37 at once).
select the + quote button on the posts you want to reply to. then select "insert quotes... and you can add the quotes you want to your post.

For me I've always found privates to be more profitable. For whatever reason I find it harder to convince a large group of people to tip a small amount towards a goal then I do finding individuals willing to spend larger amounts on pvts or spying.
select the + quote button on the posts you want to reply to. then select "insert quotes... and you can add the quotes you want to your post.
Is that how that works? I've never managed to figure it out after all this time lol. I've always just resorted to using the reply button on each post since it adds the quote to the reply box.

Last edited:
Thank you for all voices.

Sometimes model must wait a long time to private. It's not frustrated ? In public if model doing sexual things usually there are a group of members and something happens.

Sometimes model must wait a long time to private. It's not frustrated ? In public if model doing sexual things usually there are a group of members and something happens
duel monitors. watching stuff on hulu on mute w/ captions.

Sometimes model must wait a long time to private. It's not frustrated ?
I don't find it to be so. On nights like that, I just log off and make a clip instead. Then return to the site an hour later.

Within as short a time as 30 minutes a site can go from totally dead to slamming busy. Especially on days where there are big sports games. The site can be quiet one hour, then crazy busy the next. If I didn't do a lot of business selling clips, then yes, that aspect would annoy the Hell out of me. But if I already have my makeup on, and my hair did, I'm sure as heck not gonna waste all that effort. So I try to get a quickie clip done in the meantime.

When any model gets too wrapped up in that waiting game, it's easy to fall into getting bored and frustrated, which then shows, and creates a downward spiral of guys not wanting to visit or get privates. I make sure that doesn't happen, by logging off and doing some other SW-related thing in the meantime. Some nights it never gets busy, but I still end up in a good mood, if I've managed to get a bunch of short clips made.

This is not against rules of chaturbate or/and others cam sites ? I think so I saw in rules so recorded video is forbidden but II might be wrong.
Huh? No, that would be ridiculous.

I only stream live on Streamate. My 1000s of clips which I have made, and posted on clip sites have brought lots of new members over there looking for me.

I cannot comment on the rules of any other site, but I'd be surprised if that is against the CB rules. We are independent contractors, how we organize our workday, and what hours we put into what, are our own business. It would be self-defeating of a site, not to allow cam models to work on marketing when the site is quiet. I have heard that there are shitty, little unpopular live sites that have such clauses, but I don't think any of the main big ones do. If I am wrong on that hopefully another model will chime in and correct me. It would shock me if I were.

Also to be clear, I am logged off of the streaming site when I make these clips. I don't sit and film clips while still logged on, unless I'm taping a group show, or a private, which is mainly for the member(s) who are paying for it anyway, as a courtesy. But that is a separate instance entirely.

Last edited:
This is not against rules of chaturbate or/and others cam sites ? I think so I saw in rules so recorded video is forbidden but II might be wrong. Any way this is really good way for model.

she means logging off to make content for her clip platforms. * Not * broadcasting a recording.

we can log out whenever we want.

I am on MFC and it varies. If its slow, a pvt making 60tk a min is good. But if my room is busy, I will decline pvts because I can rake in well over that. Taking a private also empties my room. A 10 min pvt might get me 600 but then I have rebuild the room up, so if I don't recover and get the flow started again, that 600 is about all I might make.

For me, even if the tokens aren't flowing, just being there and having exposure is important. So many people will find me on my socials and contact me and will ask for other things I offer. Being public means more people buying clips or panties or joining clubs, too, which is good for my overall brand.

I would prefer to make 2000tk (or whatever countdown amount) doing one 10 dildo cum show than to do that same 10 min dildo private show for 600tk and have to do that several times until I reach my token goal for the day. It's just too taxing on my body.

Maybe I'm wrong but it seems to me so Russian models more often than others have only Private with masturbation. In public show body/ dance ect. , only

Any way most popular models (first page on chaturbate) usually have public with everything, I think...

Also I wonder - if model have lovense control and many members sending tokens so she should be very sexual excited and I notice so usually she can't resist to masturbation and orgasm... Conclusion - models with lovense control maturbate on public show more often than models without it.

Maybe I'm wrong but it seems to me so Russian models more often than others have only Private with masturbation. In public show body/ dance ect. , only

Any way most popular models (first page on chaturbate) usually have public with everything, I think...

Also I wonder - if model have lovense control and many members sending tokens so she should be very sexual excited and I notice so usually she can't resist to masturbation and orgasm... Conclusion - models with lovense control maturbate on public show more often than models without it.

It's not just Russian models. Lots of models (Myself included) choose to save the masturbation for private shows only, instead of doing them out in the open public chat. It's totally fine. Models don't have to do what "most of the popular models do." That's the great thing about being given a choice on what we do and where and how we'll do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.