AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Russian Cut Off from Payments

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, but consider that crypto is illegal in Russia. So imagine what a Russian model who wanted to cash in on a crypto payment needs to do.
All they need to do is go to a Bitcoin ATM, I just took a look and there are plenty of them in Russia.
Funny thing about a decentralized currancy, you cant really stop it, most you can do is say "that's bad, dont do it" there's no way to take it offline for a single country, kind of like how ISP's cant stop bittorrent. Even if exchange sites and the bitcoin atm's get taken away then it just goes back to how things were before those things existed, using forums and IM services for buying and selling, it's something that was thought about with bitcoins original design, as long as there is a need for it there will be a way to transact it.

In trying to ban it, with it being one of the only reliable sources to get funds moved into and out of the country, it wouldnt surprise me if bitcoin became an unofficial currancy of Russia. People will put their money where it feels safe and where it has the most use.

I don't understand your comments. Russians have died too. At least 10,000 Russians have been killed by Ukraine in the Donbas over the past 8 years. Meanwhile, Russia has done everything possible to avoid killing Ukrainian civilians during this invasion. They have even tried to minimize the deaths of Ukrainian soldiers. They are simply destroying the infrastructure of war.

Did you even watch the video?

Lol at the russian propaganda. Russians have been indiscriminately firing at civilian locations because they dont fucking care. There is so much video evidence of them doing so.

All of ukraine is fighting and protesting for their life and FREEDOM while most russians are too cowardly or brainwashed to do anything. Bless the brave russians protesting and risking it all.

If russia/putin wants to go back to the last century, then okay. They will not be apart of the global economy of this century.

Glory to Ukraine.

but when government's say things like that it means jail
There's plenty of ways to hide information and traffic online. A VPN is a good start there's also p2p networking, proxy chains etc, restrictions on internet bassed technologies dont work, there's always ways around any restrictions that are put in place and ways to mask internet activity.

I dont know how to tell some of u this but putin is already bombing civilians. That's been going on for days now! The analysis are saying this because his invasion isnt going to plan so hes increasing the pressure and trying to destroy ukraine morale by killing civilians, something that has been done before in other military attacks since hes been in power.

“The analysis [analysts?] are saying…”

And do you believe everything you’re told? Do you believe everything you see or hear on Western media is the truth and never propaganda? The Russians have been telling civilians for the past week to flee certain residential areas. They’ve been doing that because the Ukrainian army and in particular the Azov Battalion have been placing heavy artillery in between residential areas and schools. I’ve seen lots of people trying to deny this, but you can find videos on Twitter right now showing the artillery. The Ukrainians are doing this not just to use their own civilians as human shields, but also to try to cause casualties among their own civilians so that they can use them for propaganda, in the hope of attracting more aid from Western powers. That’s how little the Ukrainian government cares about its own citizens.

If the Russians were trying to target civilians, they wouldn’t have given them time to flee the cities, and they wouldn’t have set up humanitarian corridors for refugees, and they wouldn’t have handed out food and water to the local populations.

And although this entire subject is really off-topic to my interest in getting funds to certain Russian models, I feel obligated to respond knowing that these types of baseless accusations are being used to justify discrimination against Russian citizens.

Edit. And LOL at the person who thinks a lecture from a highly regarded American professor of political science is "Russian" propaganda. "You can lead a horse to water, but..."

Last edited:
If the Russians were trying to target civilians, they wouldn’t have given them time to flee the cities, and they wouldn’t have set up humanitarian corridors for refugees, and they wouldn’t have handed out food and water to the local populations.
They were fucking firing indiscriminately at fleeing civilians when there was an agreed cease fire yesterday and the other day. Which killed fleeing families. I also watched video of a grocery store that was hit with artillery which killing women and children trying to get food.

And they are not handing out food. They are looting grocery stores and peoples homes.

Dude you parroting propaganda. Shut up.

Guys dont try arguing the the kremlin klown. They only know what daddy putin feeds their brain worm. Put them on ignore.

Last edited:
wow, how can you be so blind? What kind of youtube investigator are you? For the record. The humanitarian corridors Putin suggested where leading to Russia. So tell me who the fuck wants to flee to the country from which the aggression is coming from? This was nothing but a fucked up PR-stunt from Putin.

Yeah, no! People like you try to fulfill an unfulfilled desire for authority in these kinds of discussions by claiming to know the truth. And you will no doubt disqualify any point we make speaking against you as being part of the deception. That's convenient.

Reactions: AudriTwo
All they need to do is go to a Bitcoin ATM, I just took a look and there are plenty of them in Russia.
Funny thing about a decentralized currancy, you cant really stop it, most you can do is say "that's bad, dont do it" there's no way to take it offline for a single country, kind of like how ISP's cant stop bittorrent. Even if exchange sites and the bitcoin atm's get taken away then it just goes back to how things were before those things existed, using forums and IM services for buying and selling, it's something that was thought about with bitcoins original design, as long as there is a need for it there will be a way to transact it.

In trying to ban it, with it being one of the only reliable sources to get funds moved into and out of the country, it wouldnt surprise me if bitcoin became an unofficial currancy of Russia. People will put their money where it feels safe and where it has the most use.
The thing about these ATMs is they are controlled by small companies or even investors, which means they are free to decide exchange rates and fees. In some cases, you can lose near 50% by buying BTC from RUB. And 99% of these ATMs don't support cash withdraws, which means you can only buy BTC.

The same picture with platforms like Binance, regular Russians don't have a bank account, they have banking cards. It is totally different from Europe when you transfer funds from one bank account to another. In Russia, you transfer funds from card to card. With Visa and Mastercard's departure from Russia and disabling an option of transferring international funds from a bank account to a Russian card, it is no longer an option to get your money from any E-wallet or Crypto wallet.
Of course, there are still some options to get your hard-earned funds from some E-wallets to some banks, but from day to day number of supported banks is shrinking.

Reactions: LydiaFrost
The thing about these ATMs is they are controlled by small companies or even investors, which means they are free to decide exchange rates and fees. In some cases, you can lose near 50% by buying BTC from RUB. And 99% of these ATMs don't support cash withdraws, which means you can only buy BTC.

The same picture with platforms like Binance, regular Russians don't have a bank account, they have banking cards. It is totally different from Europe when you transfer funds from one bank account to another. In Russia, you transfer funds from card to card. With Visa and Mastercard's departure from Russia and disabling an option of transferring international funds from a bank account to a Russian card, it is no longer an option to get your money from any E-wallet or Crypto wallet.
Of course, there are still some options to get your hard-earned funds from some E-wallets to some banks, but from day to day number of supported banks is shrinking.
This is one of the reasons why it wouldnt surprise me if bitcoin became an unofficial currancy of Russia in the foreseeable future. Until then, forums, IM chat's telegram groups exist where people can buy and sell bitcoin (and other cryptos) for cash to people local to them, much like the ATM's its going to generate it's own price of sale separate from the world market price, but that's going to happen either way when you are excluded from the world market.

Reactions: diabellaqueen
I'll give one example. The Russians urged civilians to flee from Mariupol. The evacuation corridor lead to Zaporizhzhia, which is not in Russia, it's in Ukraine. And the reason they told civilians to flee is because the Ukrainians were deliberately placing heavy artillery in residential areas, as seen in the video below.

I'll give one example. The Russians urged civilians to flee from Mariupol. The evacuation corridor lead to Zaporizhzhia, which is not in Russia, it's in Ukraine. And the reason they told civilians to flee is because the Ukrainians were deliberately placing heavy artillery in residential areas, as seen in the video below.

Lol Russian propaganda twitter account sources.

• Funny!
Reactions: Highlander884
I did a search for BTC ATMs in a particular Russian city, and found 2 of them. The closest is barely more than a mile from the city center and charges 6%. But you're right about not being able to sell BTC. The closest ATM I could find for that is in Ukraine.

I did a search for BTC ATMs in a particular Russian city, and found 2 of them. The closest is barely more than a mile from the city center and charges 6%. But you're right about not being able to sell BTC. The closest ATM I could find for that is in Ukraine.
The fact that they are still operating with only buy being an option shows that people are still wanting to buy, so if you cant sell at an atm then I would look into telegram groups, irc channels etc to find people looking to buy while you are looking to sell.

Bitcoin was functional before exchanges and btc atm's were a thing so they are luxuries opposed to a requirement on being able to sell.

Coin radar isnt always right about the buy/sell capabilities, or the fees sometimes when it does the online check it's listed as buy only just because there's no $ in the actual machine, or it ran put of $ and wasnt switched back. Only way to find out for sure is to go or to call the operator. I noticed it with the ATM's here, sometimes there's no sell option, othertimes there is on the same machines.

The fact that they are still operating with only buy being an option shows that people are still wanting to buy, so if you cant sell at an atm then I would look into telegram groups, irc channels etc to find people looking to buy while you are looking to sell.
The situation is changing rapidly, but as of today, Xoom, PayPal, Revolut, Wise, Remitly, Zepz, TransferGo have all suspended money transfer to Russia. And as rockin_rod reported earlier, Western Union will stop money transfers on 1 Apr. I'm still looking at a few other alternatives, but for now crypto seems to be my best long-term solution. Thankfully I started looking into crypto last year, so at least I'm not starting from ground zero.

I have a model friend in Russia who I have followed for years. She works for a studio and the owner is telling the models he is having issues cashing out from most sites. At first I suspected this was bs, and he was just trying to delay paying the models. But last night she told me the owner said the models could decide for themselves if they carried on working or not, in case he couldn't ultimately pay them. .. But with the halt to payments via the banking system (SWIFT) and other methods, adult site-friendly or not, I don't see any way to help her out. I really don't want to think about stuff like crypto either.
As I posted in the thread, only 7 banks have been sanctioned by SWIFT. Couldn't the sites, studios and models just switch to banks that aren't being sanctioned? I posted several of those in the thread too.

I'm just thinking that this has got to be really hurting Russian models. Sure, they will be able to get some money shortly if they are not already; I'm confident in the enterprising nature of black market currency operators. But between the percentage from the cam sites and the studio take and now the exchange rate hit it's just not happening. With maybe 80%+ of earnings cut I'm thinking that it must be a situation of desperation work all the time and still not able to earn enough to live on. :(

Last edited:
Ok so I am seeing a lot of models saying accounts are being deleted from Russia and the Ukraine. What I have found is that Russia has been cut off from using SWIFT

As of now it looks like Onlyfans and possibly Streamate are the first to shut off model accounts as they cannot pay them. Last payments aren’t being sent out for the same reason, they have no way of doing so. I have seen nothing stating specifically that this changes things for Ukrainian models but I also have no idea how banking works with them or how/if it is tied to Russian banks

Please post more information if you have it. Know my heart goes out to those models in the Ukraine and in Russia who aren’t supporting this war. I wish there was something companies could do to change individual situations.
This is about a week old.

OnlyFans Says It Has Restored Russian Creators’ Accounts

I just joined and I don't like to get into flame wars but I have to say that this pro Russian propaganda is completely despicable.

And just to say one thing: the Russian charter flight that was stopped in Yellowknife last week Was Not harassing innocent Russian civilians. It is perfectly reasonable to be suspicious of a couple of Russians charting a flight to a remote settlement of the Canadian High Arctic to "go explore" at this time of year! Specifically, their destination was Resolute, which has a military presence.

I just joined and I don't like to get into flame wars but I have to say that this pro Russian propaganda is completely despicable.
I agree. We're done with that.

they are not us. that person joined on the 27th and has only interacted in this thread. pretty sus.

Pretty standard Russian troll factory carpet bombing. They are everywhere, even in the nerdiest of nerdy car forums I frequent, spouting similar propaganda. Good riddance.
I have made the same experience.

To back up what I said earlier about the humanitarian corridors:

Of course I can't verify that.

Reactions: CheeseMoon
Of course I can't verify that.
I'd venture to guess that's likely true, as the news hit the headlines of most newspapers worldwide. Also, at the moment, Vlad The Mad and his police are jailing little Russians children who have brought flowers, as a sign of protest, in front of the embassy of Ukrain in Moscow. Moreover, as of now, rubles are worth less than the litter where my cat would shit in, If I had one cat, and Russia default is a scenario that Vlad The Mad should take into account, but I mean, not that he cares.

Last edited:
Pretty standard Russian troll factory carpet bombing. They are everywhere, even in the nerdiest of nerdy car forums I frequent, spouting similar propaganda. Good riddance.

For me, the dead giveaway was the “do you trust everything the western media tells you?” followed immediately by him providing the sketchiest-ass YouTube and Twitter “sources” as if there was no shred of doubt about THOSE bastions of journalistic integrity.

For me, the dead giveaway was the “do you trust everything the western media tells you?” followed immediately by him providing the sketchiest-ass YouTube and Twitter “sources” as if there was no shred of doubt about THOSE bastions of journalistic integrity.
idk about you, but i get all my news from THOR the deplorable.

Sowing division by harping on polarizing issues, flaming and generally being cocksure about stuff are also telltale signs. Shitting on "the media" is standard fare for all kooks and cranks these days, while simultaneously posting links to ridiculous YT clips with "the truth". I mean, I have strong opinions about stuff too, but this is not the place for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.