AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Russian Cut Off from Payments

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, exactly! I don't know what the deal was with him but spouting that crap is just evil. I felt I had to say something. otoh, I didn't want to dignify it by arguing or feed a troll and I just joined here and didn't/don't want to give the impression to people that I just want to be quarralsome, if that makes sense?
its all good. if someone had an issue with you they would have said something by now. evidence is the best way to combat these propagandist trolls. so you doing good. :D

speaking of propagandists
btw look at how the putin's puppets react while faced with reality.

layoffs are coming in the US most definitely by the end of the month for centurylink and any of their sister companies. which can easily be done since most of centurylink's employees are contractors.
that's terrible news, and another example of how nobody really wins in a situation like this.

If you have an hour to spare, I would recommend the following lecture by Professor John J. Mearsheimer on the causes of the Ukrainian conflict.

I think Russia is motivated by it's own self interest.

Dictator run on money. Russia makes money by selling gas. Russia needs money to pay the military. The military keeps the dictator in power.

If Ukraine starts selling oil, that cuts into Russia source of money.
But if they destabilize Ukraine, they can't sell oil.
If Russia controls Ukraine, then Russia has more oil. (and Ukraine has a lot of oil)

There will always be a way to circumvent embargoes and domestic laws, and a country like Russia is nigh on impossible to isolate 100%. But even if individual models and studios technically could connect to cam sites outside Russia and stream over alternative "black market" connections, it would for many of them be either pointless because of financial embargoes, too expensive with ever more worthless roubles or too illegal (for lack of a better word). And that's not even considering the available bandwidth on whatever is left of their internet backbone or whether the relevant cam sites will serve them at all.

Well as an example, a unifi point to point wireless bridge runs around 400 to 1,500. With line of site, it can go 62+ miles. That makes it pretty easy to get a pirate internet connection if your near a boarder. And they can use a site to site VPN to use that connection anywhere in Russia.

Reactions: Brit
its all good. if someone had an issue with you they would have said something by now. evidence is the best way to combat these propagandist trolls. so you doing good. :D

speaking of propagandists btw look at how the putin's puppets react while faced with reality.
Cheers, Audri :)

I do think that Putin is surprised and disappointed that his propaganda efforts have flopped this time. He has no grip on the narrative internationally and probably even domestically so no one except flakes and neofascists are persuaded and he can't even instigate confusion or gaslight. I don't think it's on even in Russia where he could count on a bloc of public support by supporting Russia's demographic and rural/urban divide.

But then I think that it's small comfort because Putin's failure in the invasion and the information war and the heightened insecurity of his personal position is just spurring him to double down and kill and terrorise civilians and lay Ukraine to waste.

Well as an example, a unifi point to point wireless bridge runs around 400 to 1,500. With line of site, it can go 62+ miles. That makes it pretty easy to get a pirate internet connection if your near a boarder. And they can use a site to site VPN to use that connection anywhere in Russia.
This is something the hero(ine) would do in a Hollywood post apocalyptic movie to contact a mad professor somewhere, but it's useless for serving a country with 150 million people living on 11% of the planet's surface. Russia will always have a connection to the internet, but if their available bandwidth gets low enough, I'm guessing cam sites will get less and less priority on whatever will be left.

Just remember this: the dollars/euros/yens/whatevers you send to someone in Russia right now will mostly finance the Russian military by way of taxes. Spend your money however you wish, but don't claim you're not supporting their war in Ukraine if you tip Russian models. This is exactly why large companies are pulling their business in Russia.

I don't understand your comments. Russians have died too. At least 10,000 Russians have been killed by Ukraine in the Donbas over the past 8 years. Meanwhile, Russia has done everything possible to avoid killing Ukrainian civilians during this invasion. They have even tried to minimize the deaths of Ukrainian soldiers. They are simply destroying the infrastructure of war.

Did you even watch the video?

I'm sorry but you're wrong on this. First of all, 10,000 Russians killed? You might wanna check your numbers. There have been roughly 14,000 people killed in the Donbas region since the conflict began in 2014. About 5,700 pro Russian separatists killed with only 400-500 Russia soldiers killed (according to the State Department). The death toll also includes about 4,600 Ukrainians and 3,400 civilians.

Keep in mind, the Donbas region is a part of Ukraine. Nobody would have been killed if Putin didn't have such a hard on for rebuilding the Soviet Union.

Second, if Russia were doing everything possible to avoid killing civilians, they would:
  • Not invade the country to begin with
  • Not target residential buildings with artillery
As of 3 days ago, the official count from the United Nations put the number of Ukrainian civilians killed at 406 with 27 being children and an additional 801 injured. That number rose again yesterday to 474 killed and 861 injured. And that's just the official count. That doesn't take into consideration people missing or unidentified or unknown.

Finally, Putin is being investigated for war crimes. If he were simply attacking infrastructure and playing by the rules, there would be nothing to investigate.

Ahh I see now I'm arguing with the past. I just read that post and went into "oh fuck this shit" mode.
I'm sorry but you're wrong on this. First of all, 10,000 Russians killed? You might wanna check your numbers. There have been roughly 14,000 people killed in the Donbas region since the conflict began in 2014. About 5,700 pro Russian separatists killed with only 400-500 Russia soldiers killed (according to the State Department). The death toll also includes about 4,600 Ukrainians and 3,400 civilians.

Keep in mind, the Donbas region is a part of Ukraine. Nobody would have been killed if Putin didn't have such a hard on for rebuilding the Soviet Union.

Second, if Russia were doing everything possible to avoid killing civilians, they would:
  • Not invade the country to begin with
  • Not target residential buildings with artillery
As of 3 days ago, the official count from the United Nations put the number of Ukrainian civilians killed at 406 with 27 being children and an additional 801 injured. That number rose again yesterday to 474 killed and 861 injured. And that's just the official count. That doesn't take into consideration people missing or unidentified or unknown.

Finally, Putin is being investigated for war crimes. If he were simply attacking infrastructure and playing by the rules, there would be nothing to investigate.

Reactions: ArcticKitty
Cheers, Audri :)

I do think that Putin is surprised and disappointed that his propaganda efforts have flopped this time. He has no grip on the narrative internationally and probably even domestically so no one except flakes and neofascists are persuaded and he can't even instigate confusion or gaslight. I don't think it's on even in Russia where he could count on a bloc of public support by supporting Russia's demographic and rural/urban divide.

But then I think that it's small comfort because Putin's failure in the invasion and the information war and the heightened insecurity of his personal position is just spurring him to double down and kill and terrorise civilians and lay Ukraine to waste.

Sadly Putin is a master of information warfare. I've been surprised to find that some of the Russian models I follow have starting buying into his bullshit. One of them wrote me this long series of messages about how Ukraine did this and Ukraine did that and Russia was being blamed for all of it. I was truly shocked because I consider this girl to be very aware and able to sniff out bullshit. But not this bullshit. So I'm afraid the same is true for many other people in Russia.

I know another girl who lives in Ukraine with some family in Russia. The other day she said that her Russian family members support the invasion. So, I wouldn't count Putin out just yet. He's a smart man with a lot of experience in information warfare.

Reactions: ArcticKitty
Since I see a lot of speculation, a few reliable informations :

- Cryptos are really hard to cash out in Russia, so it's not a solution (like most arguments for cryptos by the way)

- As of Tuesday Western Union with payment in cash (I can't say anything about card or bank account transfer) was still working well. On April 1st they are only stopping to do in-Russia money transfer, because almost no one do that anymore. But they don't give you the best exchange rate and it's not obvious if it's going to work for long.

-Last week I know that some people could still get money using banks not included in sanctions. I don't know how well it works now.

-soon, schemes using another country as bridge will certainly start to become common. Will the sanctions keep up with that? I have some doubts.

-On chaturbate it's always possible to send the tokens to someone outside Russia if they have a verified account (and doesn't work in a studio)

-Streamate has locked out Russian models. they can't even try to get their money.

-In this thread someone as said something about "price not going up overnight", quite the contrary in fact. the day after the enactment of sanctions some food stuff have seen their price doubled. Since two weeks ago price of food has roughly increased five fold in certain place, and that's when the shelfs aren't empty. Other things have increased a lot too. Russian renting their apartment do it almost always informally so there isn't any guarantee that rent won't increase. One thing which is guaranteed to not increase though is wage...

About the ethics of sending money to Russia. like most people I think that what Putin is doing is undefendable (it would be nice if he ended like Stalin). Though everything isn't good on the Ukraine side either, it's always like that in a war. Putin is mixing reality with fiction, that's what makes the best lies, but it's true that there are far right and neo-nazis in Ukraine, some have been integrated in the army after 2014 (Azove regiment for exemple). But to see how the Russian propaganda is bullshit just look at the guy heading the Wagner mercenaries that Putin has sent to kill Zelensky: he has some nice tattoos (his Wikipedia photo is fine: Dmitry Utkin). Speaking of propaganda. People in Russia have really been brainwashed for years, a good sign of that is the quality of the propaganda directed towards Russian people (I'm not speaking internationally), it is really awful, if you are not already convinced then it really looks ridiculous. Quantity over quality, it's really a tsunami of shit. But since it's the only message you get there.... Censorship wasn't so strong until recently but you still could not speak of everything openly. It's not comparable to China, if you read English, go outside of websites based in Russia or just willing to search a bit, you can find easily contradictory viewpoints, but it requires some efforts and it's always risky to say them openly if not anonymous. A funny thing is that even very patriotic Russian have very low confidence in their institutions and medias, everyone know well the level of corruption and that they are lied to, but strangely when it becomes something like "Russia vs rest of the world" it seems a lot of people loose their critical thinking (honestly it happens in a lot of other countries too). knowing that you begin to understand why Putin like to regularly do some wars since he is in powe, but this time it seems it didn't go as he wished. About sanctions, they definitely works (just looks how angry Putin is, or the number of ex-billionaire/new millionaire), thought they could be better targeted and with less loopholes (for sure some are intentional). But is it a reason to let people live in the streets and starve? especially if you know them and can help them? Some of this money will certainly end in the hands of the ruling class but a lot less than what they get from oil/gaz, that's really where their money is. Anything that can decrease their consumption and lower their price will be much more effective (like using less oil and gaz, even if they don't come from Russia.It's strange how money saving, international politic and polluting less can somewhat align for once).
And to be realistic, a successful popular revolt is unlikely (people don't have weapons and are afraid, state security is strong and means, popular opinion isn't one sided, there is no structured and popular opposition) but a coup coming from inside isn't impossible. Though it would certainly be chaotic, since Putin is an adept of rule by divide there is obviously no opposition but there is no real successor either.

If you read until here sorry for the bad English ;)

This is something the hero(ine) would do in a Hollywood post apocalyptic movie to contact a mad professor somewhere, but it's useless for serving a country with 150 million people living on 11% of the planet's surface. Russia will always have a connection to the internet, but if their available bandwidth gets low enough, I'm guessing cam sites will get less and less priority on whatever will be left.

Just remember this: the dollars/euros/yens/whatevers you send to someone in Russia right now will mostly finance the Russian military by way of taxes. Spend your money however you wish, but don't claim you're not supporting their war in Ukraine if you tip Russian models. This is exactly why large companies are pulling their business in Russia
Well some of the girls I know are trying to get out of russia and settle in another country. Also little old me (and yes I'm aware theres loads of little old mes) isnt going make much difference when compared to mutli million/billion dollar companies.

The girls I follow are shocked, and scared before the sanctions even came in and while most of them dont want to talk about it in public chat (would anyone be surprised if theres russian government keeping an eye on webcams) they making it clear they are unhappy in pm.

Let's say that putin pulls out tomorrow. Should I still not tip russian models incase he attacks again? Should I never ever tip a russian model again? Should I do that with the ones in Belarus? Including the ones that have already protested couple of years ago that they wanted their president gone? Same ones they got attacked for doing so?

I dont condone the sanctions by any means, but I'm not going to not support girls I follow because they're in a dictatorship country.

I dont condone the sanctions by any means, but I'm not going to not support girls I follow because they're in a dictatorship country.
I wasn't telling you to do anything, only to think about what you are doing by sending money into Russia. Now you took a stance. Fine.
Both countries I have citizenship in has a border with Russia, so I take a different stance; I don't want to be bombed with bombs I helped pay for. Nobody has that great of a personality or tits.

As for the "they don't pay taxes" argument: maybe not, but they spend their money on businesses who do.

Just remember this: the dollars/euros/yens/whatevers you send to someone in Russia right now will mostly finance the Russian military by way of taxes. Spend your money however you wish, but don't claim you're not supporting their war in Ukraine if you tip Russian models. This is exactly why large companies are pulling their business in Russia.

True. It’s a sad reality of war that humanitarian aid (or just general attempts to give money or goods to the average citizen) are often intercepted by the government or military. By “legal” means (taxes) or by force. Its similar to some nations that suffer from famine, which are difficult to assist because the food sent to them gets intercepted by warlords. It’s just something you have to accept when sending funds to those countries. Some or all of your contribution might be misused.

Sadly Putin is a master of information warfare. I've been surprised to find that some of the Russian models I follow have starting buying into his bullshit. One of them wrote me this long series of messages about how Ukraine did this and Ukraine did that and Russia was being blamed for all of it. I was truly shocked because I consider this girl to be very aware and able to sniff out bullshit. But not this bullshit. So I'm afraid the same is true for many other people in Russia.

Yes, and it’s not just his own citizens getting the propaganda treatment. It’s anyone in the world that they can get to believe them.

I was surprised last week when visiting a Colombian model who knows I’m from the U.S. Right away, she asked me about two videos she’d seen about the U.S.’s attitude toward the Russia-Ukraine war. She had mistaken propaganda for some official U.S. news report and I had to clear it up for her.

Ahh I see now I'm arguing with the past. I just read that post and went into "oh fuck this shit" mode. ...
You're countering outrageous lies though and who knows who will read it and see that. If enough people would expose disinformation when it comes up, it would lose its effectiveness at the least and maybe become counterproductive to the people who issue and try to spread it.

I know another girl who lives in Ukraine with some family in Russia. The other day she said that her Russian family members support the invasion. So, I wouldn't count Putin out just yet. He's a smart man with a lot of experience in information warfare.
I don't deny or doubt that there are many people who approve of Putin's invasion. I don't agree that Putin is a master of information warfare as such. Yes, I'm aware of his background and career and I realise that he not only survived a byzantine system but ascended to the top and has stayed there for some time now.. He is an intelligent sociopath. And he had training in manipulating people which augmented his native abilities.

I would try not to underestimate Putin but neither would I credit him with James Bond villain intellect.

It's not so much about the tax revenue that Russian models may generate as the foreign exchange that would be helpful to Russia. It's the hard currency from exports that is most valuable. Of course webcam modeling is an insignificant source so this is talking about principles.

Last edited:
And there goes Western Union too:

That's interesting wording of the media release. My friend told me that WU was only ceasing internal transfer services within those countries, and that international transfers would still be possible.
Unclear (at least to me) if 'ceasing operations in.....' means all operations in/out, or just local services.

Last edited:
When you have a border with China, and a border with Germany, that size alone means that there are more holes in it than in a Swiss 🧀 cheese. And through these holes everything legal, semi legal and illegal runs through and fro in peacetime. With that being said, you can bet your sweet ass it’s busy during war and embargo times.
It’s not just the riches of the land that makes Ukraine sought after, it’s the location for illicit economic potential too, maritime and by land. The base in Sevastopol is not just for military reasons. This invasion and war reeks with criminal and private motives on both ends of the border.
Unfortunately, this does not help a single Russian or Ukrainian model get their payouts.

It’s not just the riches of the land that makes Ukraine sought after, it’s the location for illicit economic potential too, maritime and by land. The base in Sevastopol is not just for military reasons. This invasion and war reeks with criminal and private motives on both ends of the border.
this video kinda breaks down the reasons why russia/putin wanted to invade Ukraine. if anyone is interested. not just to reclaim "historic borders" or "denazify"

they brought up a great point of ukraine cutting off the water source for crimea after 2014.

How would you use WU to wire money into and out of Russia when WU isn't operating there?
Easily - when sending a wire from another country, you choose to either send to an agent location for collection in person, or to send direct to the recipient's bank account.
What was stated in various earlier media releases is that WU was already planning to wind up it's operations within Russia because of low demand for internal transfers. So if they close all their agent locations and outlets in the country, you can no longer do the collection method, but you can still send to an account.
The latest media releases about closing operations in Russia and Belarus seems to confirm the local outlet closures (as previously advised) but does not necessarily mean you cannot still send to a bank account there. Maybe they will clarify further?

Interesting candid interviews with young Russian people. This was done just a couple days ago. It's weird to see how scared some of them get when the interviewer asks some of these questions.

Starts to get interesting about 4:02

Last edited:

Come on, we're talking about off the shelf products designed for the average person to use.
But if you want to talk about smart phones, like they're magic portals that let you see though space and time.

They actually cut them selves off in the past, possibly in preparation.

I can't imagine that joint space programs with Russia are vital to their partners.

structure-of-iss-in-20-years.jpg

The ISS has 16 pressurized modules:
6 Russian modules Zarya (has air leaks) , Pirs, Zvezda, Poisk, Rassvet, and Nauka.
8 US modules BEAM, Leonardo, Harmony, Quest, Tranquility, Unity, Cupola, and Destiny.
2 Japanese modules: the JEM-ELM-PS and JEM-PM.
1 European module Columbu).

The US controls the docking ring between their modules and and Russia modules. So the Russia modules could be detached.
But Russia handles orbit. So it would probable take money, and time to replace those modules.

Status
Not open for further replies.