AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

USERS ANNOYING! ALWAYS IN AND Out!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 4, 2021
hello everyone..is only me experiencing this all the time like users follow me and they're always in and out to my room without even saying HI.. like in my hours of broadcasting they always do thesame thing.. should I ban them to my room? how about u guys? what u should do if someone like that to your room?

Reactions: Fiestry
Hey there!! I don't think that banning them is the way to go because some people like to see what's happening, that's why they come and go, and if they are interested and captivated, they might stay. There are regulars that come to a site only to see you and then there are people that go to more than one model to see what catches their eye that day. If they follow you I think that they saw something that peaked their interest in you from everybody else and when the day comes that they feel you are what they want to see, that's when they'll stay, I guess.

Upvote 0
like @IsabelaHarllow said :)
I also go in and out sometimes, but its only because I'm also watching other cams. But I didnt know that models can see that people go in and out 😱. I wouldnt block it, because mostly they come back and give tokens when they like it. (thats how I do it).

Upvote 0
they don't give tokens or even say hi 😅 even if I'm on my show in public when I stop the show they go out or when they see me naked they come in and they don't do nothing even talk to me even i great them evertime they go into my room..

Upvote 0
I'm assuming you have the setting that tells you when a member joins/leaves in the main chat. I would recommend you turn that off, because it's hard not to take it personally with that switched on. People come and go all the time, but having that setting turned on will make you feel like you're a problem when you're not.

Upvote 0
I never block visitors for this. They walk around the site, like in a store, looking through the rooms, thinking about what they want today. It often happens that they simply do not want to communicate at all, even in private people are not always talkative.
Sometimes due to moral fatigue, sometimes they are simply not ready to start a conversation right now.
The fact that they enter and exit several times ... there may be a number of reasons for this:
1) He has a bad internet, and periodically he is thrown from the site.
2) He is bored at work and spying on you furtively, the boss can come in at any moment, so it’s not the right time to start talking.
3) His wife is nearby, or his children or someone else, he try to spy carefully...
Probably the risk of being caught excites him, there is a chance that he will still wait for the moment and jump into private. Or add you to favorites and come back later.
4) Some don't speak English but still want to have fun. They don't know where to jump today... so they silently jump from room to room until they decide.
5) Some members watching rooms like TV. They can sit in the model's room for hours without talking (it is likely that at this time he washes the floors or cooks dinner or works).
6) There is also a category of members who check the model trying to catch the moment when she goes into private to jump second. He does not greet or talk and disappears when you pay attention to him. It can be fetish lovers - ignore, peep, cuckold.
7) He is interested in watching you - but he is not going to private today, so he tries not to distract you with a conversation.
8) And it may also be that he is new on the site and simply does not yet know what and how it works there.

When I'm online, I'm the first to say hello only to the members I know. The rest I just give the opportunity to look around, listen a little and if they like to join the chat. In order not to "scare" - I can just say - hello guys! addressing it to everyone at once.
There were also cases when silent observers suddenly became regular visitors to the private room after a few months.

If jumpers annoy you, you can also write the rules in the chat topic: for example, be polite and don't forget to say - hello, thank you, and so on. If they continue to behave the same way and it makes you angry - block.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
dude i was right there with you when i was first starting out. i could not get over the same people constantly popping in and out. it really was nerve-racking.

i agree to turn off your user alerts and sounds. it will help. if you still get annoyed by seeing the same names popping up shortly, learn to ignore your members list. if its a hard time, you might be able to collapse the list or shrink it depending on your site. if not, sticky notes on your screen.

Upvote 0
Please don't be disheartened by this. The very fact that they are following you means that they like what they see (YOU!) and want to return.
But so many things influence the decision to stay or not on a given day; maybe they are just in the mood to browse, and maybe return later; maybe they are hoping to see you in a favourite outfit, position or action; maybe they are visiting to establish your broadcast schedule. And so on.
They will be back though - if it's not today, maybe tomorrow.
And the suggestions above to change your settings to restrict join/leave notifications to various groups is a great way to avoid being distracted by totally normal traffic habits.

Upvote 0
hello everyone..is only me experiencing this all the time like users follow me and they're always in and out to my room without even saying HI.. like in my hours of broadcasting they always do thesame thing.. should I ban them to my room? how about u guys? what u should do if someone like that to your room?
Sometimes users will get disconnected from chat and then reconnect, so it will look like they pop in and out. Also I recommend changing your bot settings so that only new followers see the follow alert messages, most people in your room are going to lurk and just aren't going to talk or do much. They can be useful for placement depending on how your site's algorithm works though, so banning them can actually hurt you. I only ban people for things they say or do in chat, if they want to hang out and quietly lurk on a token site, I let them.

If it makes you feel better this is true even on vanilla sites like twitch, most viewers are just going to lurk even if they follow.

Upvote 0
I've been recently dealing with the same thing! I was thinking about banning them too. I have it posted in my room "silence = deadly! say hello! :h:" but lots of people don't, they just lurk. But the last few days I've decided that when I see the same few people in my room who aren't participating in any convo, I just call them out by their username! Nothing mean or anything like that, I'll just say "oh hey 'xyz123' how are you tonight?!" and I usually get a response out of them! It's been so far, so good!

Reactions: newbiecammodel
Upvote 0
I'm assuming you have the setting that tells you when a member joins/leaves in the main chat. I would recommend you turn that off, because it's hard not to take it personally with that switched on. People come and go all the time, but having that setting turned on will make you feel like you're a problem when you're not.
This is what I did, I turned it off when they leave so I don't see that and only seen people coming in.

Upvote 0
Also, if they are coming in and leaving like within 5 seconds, it could be something else - I use a bot "dream bot++" (other bots have similar features, this is just the one i use) and in that bot i have set certain words are not allowed. for me it's - Daddy, papi, etc. and words like Ugly, disgusting (i was surprised there are people mean enough to use words like this, but there are.. actually now i might be fine allowing those words, when i first started words like that being used on me were hurtful. now i'm confident in myself and know they're just trolls) and certain regular visitors that pop in and out within a few seconds were using words on my block list, and leaving when that happened. although, this might be more of a thing with male broadcasters like myself, because so many of these studio models use the traffic generating technique of an automated visit to a guys room (like mine) to post some supposedly sexy message and entice you to their room. but many contain "daddy" and stuff like that, so they cant' post and pop right back out of the room.. so this might have no relevance for your situation.. i'll post this anyway, in case it is info useful to a guy out there.

on a related note - i really hate this traffic generating technique for two reasons - firstly because its annoyinng and usually obvious taht it's not the model really posting in my room. they all sound similar and some are really painful to read in english and saccharin- sweet - offputting really. secondly because the model themselves is often unaware "they" posted in your room, and i feel like an idiot when i ask them somethign about waht they posted, and they are confused as fuck, and i can see they didnt' really post it.. it sucks

at the same time, i've met some amazing friends accidentally through this practice,. in the past..

Upvote 0
i never understood why that exists, but i guess, to each his own.. i sometimes accidentally do the key combo when i'm trying to do question mark and use ctrl by accident.. pisses me off hahahha.
Yeah, I've never used it intentionally - but sometimes by accident, like you describe.
I'd guess it's there for people who want to browse with a sense of randomness, rather than searching by hashtag or scrolling through pages and pages of thumbnails.
I see so many users join and then immediately leave the room, that I imagine a lot do use that function though.

Upvote 0
You’re not kidding, me and my buddies tried recommending to the support team, to put a 30 second timer, and or a buffer, and the coding, so dummies can’t keep doing this In-N-Out bullshit, but of course, they have not implemented it, would make too much sense

Upvote 0
You’re not kidding, me and my buddies tried recommending to the support team, to put a 30 second timer, and or a buffer, and the coding, so dummies can’t keep doing this In-N-Out bullshit, but of course, they have not implemented it, would make too much sense
a lot of them will get booted and come back when their tab refreshes too, I noticed this happening a lot on CB specifically but it does happen on other sites.

So a 30 second cooldown might actually fuck with people who are just getting glitched in and out of chat through no fault of their own.

Upvote 0
If you don't want to see viewer behavior, you can always turn off join/exit messages. If you don't want that, run an app/bot with intelligent join/exit messaging to keep you informed (only active tippers with tip totals, only users w/tokens, only specific users by name, with possible date & timestamps, etc) only when needed/wanted. Always try to remember that potential customers enjoy window shopping, just like at actual physical stores. They want to enter, look, and see if they are interested in spending their money. Try not to take this behavior personally!

CB is the best Web cam community because they openly support all users to the site. All registered users are allowed to talk, interact, and be themselves. Unlike other sites that almost instantly make you feel unwelcome if you haven't instantly input your personal credit card information. While I agree that the 'mainstream' grey community can be a little harsh, a smart app/bot will filter all the noise/spam/stupidity/etc without disrupting chat. A smart app/bot can also limit chat to users with tokens, or after a set amount of time has passed, etc. I found that instead of complaining to CB about features I wanted, I could simply learn JavaScript and make them myself. (Although the April 2022 app/bot framework and API update now greatly limits creativity by removing 1 second timers, dynamic interfaces, interface reorganization, static variables, and some image panel options).

At this point I can moderate for 5+ hours and do absolutely nothing. My code does it all, silently, and without disrupting chat or berating users who for one reason or another have not yet purchased tokens.

Cheers,
Cexmental

Upvote 0
I was inspired by this post and wrote a moderation tool for Synergy designed to track users who have tipped a certain amount of tokens (/tag $ #). Users who meet or exceed the threshold are notified to me when they enter/exit chat. As a Mod, this has provided for me a way to track user movement, so I can inform my model of returning/departing customers. As a user, the behavior of tippers had me recall this thread! I've noticed that tippers will tip a few tokens, exit the chat, and then enter it again. They do this over and over again. This behavior extends to most tippers and the amount spent appears to have no relevance. I'm curious if they do this in an attempt to reduce lag, when in actuality CB uses about a 10 second delay, and rejoining only grabs a more recent part of the buffered video. I never asked, because I prefer to Mod silently without disrupting my model's job, however, I am curious now! LOL.

Cheers,
Cexmental

Upvote 0
I was inspired by this post and wrote a moderation tool for Synergy designed to track users who have tipped a certain amount of tokens (/tag $ #). Users who meet or exceed the threshold are notified to me when they enter/exit chat. As a Mod, this has provided for me a way to track user movement, so I can inform my model of returning/departing customers. As a user, the behavior of tippers had me recall this thread! I've noticed that tippers will tip a few tokens, exit the chat, and then enter it again. They do this over and over again. This behavior extends to most tippers and the amount spent appears to have no relevance. I'm curious if they do this in an attempt to reduce lag, when in actuality CB uses about a 10 second delay, and rejoining only grabs a more recent part of the buffered video. I never asked, because I prefer to Mod silently without disrupting my model's job, however, I am curious now! LOL.

Cheers,
Cexmental
That is fascinating. I just assumed it was a browser refresh popping them in and out all the time, but now I wonder....

Reactions: rockin_rod
Upvote 0
Sometimes viewers keep reloading the browser page if their connection is sketchy.
Given how many of them seem to have multiple rooms open at the same time, that's probably what challenges their connection bandwidth.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.