AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Russian Cut Off from Payments

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
she was moving to Telegram where she would post news showing both sides of the situation.
Well their police are randomly searching phones, and arresting protesters.
And influencers are expected to be on script. Not sure if that includes adult entertainers.

Well their police are randomly searching phones, and arresting protesters.
And influencers are expected to be on script. Not sure if that includes adult entertainers.

I do not doubt that they are doing this, but unless they have made it compulsory for social media influencers to spout propaganda, the model I mentioned could have just chosen to not say anything about the situation (she's a cam model, after al, not a political commentator), rather than starting up a whole new channel seemingly devoted to the situation.

I took a peak at the channel and saw it full of posts from her quoting "Anonymous sources" and others who seemed to be pre-occupied with the "What-aboutism" of the past transgressions of the USA. I have nothing but contempt and disgust for the way the USA (and others like UK etc) has conducted itself in other countries, notably South East Asia and Latin America, but that has NOTHING to do with what Russia is doing in Ukraine.

Reactions: ArcticKitty
I took a peak at the channel and saw it full of posts from her quoting "Anonymous sources" and others who seemed to be pre-occupied with the "What-aboutism" of the past transgressions of the USA. I have nothing but contempt and disgust for the way the USA (and others like UK etc) has conducted itself in other countries, notably South East Asia and Latin America, but that has NOTHING to do with what Russia is doing in Ukraine.

us intelligence has reported a wave of more than likely paid russian trolls popping up similar to what was used in 2016. russian cammodels have an online foreign influence/audience, and that is valuable to putin's war propaganda machine. lots are out of work now.

idk here is a fun infograph!
Screenshot_1.jpg

whataboutism is modern russian/soviet tactics that stem from the cold war when criticized for their inhumane actions/war crimes.

us intelligence has reported a wave of more than likely paid russian trolls popping up similar to what was used in 2016. russian cammodels have an online foreign influence/audience, and that is valuable to putin's war propaganda machine. lots are out of work now.
Yep. We had one here, aiming for this very thread with almost surgical precision. If the user wasn't an actual paid Russian troll factory worker, at least he/she was the next best thing; a useful idiot.

whataboutism is modern russian/soviet tactics that stem from the cold war when criticized for their inhumane actions/war crimes.
I grew up not too far from Russia during the cold war. The Soviet apologetics and useful idiots kept a constant presence in the local paper's Letters to the editor and followed the above infographic like clockwork. It's pretty chilling seeing all this coming back into daily life.

for anybody sending money to ukranian models: paypal waved all fees sent to and from ukranian accounts.
1647576726358.png

probably the best when sending funds at the moment.

*remember paypal isnt to be used for purchasing adult content, but they will accept donations. dont send any funds to accounts tied to camming. recommend ukrainian models creating a new generic email with zero relation to the industry.

MoneyGram appears to be doing the same thing, and waiving fees when you send from the USA, Canada and Europe.
For anyone considering doing this, note the asterisk that indicates some form of disclaimer or condition - I looked around on the website, but couldn't find the details.
It may relate to zero fees on payments sent from a bank account balance, rather than a credit or debit card, but please check.
Also exchange rates vary wildly between these payment companies, be warned.......
Screenshot 2022-03-18 at 16-21-30 MoneyGram.png

Also, an update on the imminent suspension of Western Union services in Russia and Belarus:

Last edited:
Just updating this, to confirm WU no longer processes transfers to bank accounts or local collection points in Russia.
The news I had hoped for though, specific to my friend's situation, is that her studio owner has been successful in changing site payout methods to bitcoin.
No idea how they then go about converting that to local currency, nor do I need to know. But at least my friend and the other models in the studio are working and getting paid again.
Now she's working again, I have reverted to tipping her as usual via the camsite, always my preference. Room traffic definitely seems to be substantially down lately though.

Although many everyday Russians are feeling the squeeze of the financial impacts, my thoughts and prayers are still with those directly affected in Ukraine.

My friend tells me that she can no longer get payouts from sales on her OF account, although her studio is managing the admin of that.
As they continue to add new content of hers daily, and send lots of DMs offering extra paid content, I'm suspicious of what they're telling her.
I searched OF Support, and generally on usual online sources, but couldn't verify that OF does or doesn't still allow payouts to Russian-based accounts.
Anyone have any info on this?

but couldn't verify that OF does or doesn't still allow payouts to Russian-based accounts.
Anyone have any info on this?
OF can attempt to transfer money to Russia all they want, but in the end it has to be transferred to the Russian recipients through the international banking system that collectively isn't dealing with Russia anymore. if you absolutely need to unload money in order to help, donate to a relief NGO that works in Ukraine.

Reactions: AudriTwo
The number of Russian models I continue to see daily makes me think they’ve found ways around the sanctions. This is not to say cam models were targets of the sanctions to begin with. At the end of the day, stop worrying about the Russians. If Russian models tell you about money problems due to recent events, realize perhaps they may want to exploit your sympathies.

On the other hand, if Russian models talk about money problems due to recent events, they may suffer money problems due to recent events.

The number of Russian models I continue to see daily makes me think they’ve found ways around the sanctions. This is not to say cam models were targets of the sanctions to begin with. At the end of the day, stop worrying about the Russians. If Russian models tell you about money problems due to recent events, realize perhaps they may want to exploit your sympathies.
The only issue of concern was them getting payments through for work they had already done, or were considering doing. Solution seems to be site payouts in BTC.
And I suspect we're all seeing the impacts of the sanctions one way or another; I went to fill my work truck up with diesel yesterday, and the price has gone up by about 50%.

OF can attempt to transfer money to Russia all they want, but in the end it has to be transferred to the Russian recipients through the international banking system that collectively isn't dealing with Russia anymore. if you absolutely need to unload money in order to help, donate to a relief NGO that works in Ukraine.

unknown.png

I as well try to send money to a friend in Russia. From what I see, Bitcoin is one option. I try to find other options. Maybe Bitcoin is the best option, just, I do not like Bitcoin, knowing that the considerable transaction fees mainy will be used to heat up this planet, due to the design of the blockchain. Adding new blocks must be hard. If tomorrow a new processor will do the same computations in 1% of the time, using 1% of the energy, then soon adding new blocks will become 100 times harder.

Western Union no longer works, nor does MoneyGram, nor WorldRemit, nor PayPal, nor xoom which uses PayPal. Transfer between credit card won’t work either if one side is in Russia and the other is not.

However, the sanctions don’t forbid transferring money in general. They target specific banks, while in general tading with Russia is legal. Many companies deliberately decided to stop business in Russia, which I perfectly understand. Many Banks in Asia continue business with Russia, but only for citizens or residents of an Asian country. I hope I find a service that works for anybody.

One of the russian ladies I follow was posting footage and images from ukraine as well as footage of russians protesting on twitter. She only stopped when she found out that she werent able to leave Russia for another country and didnt want to risk police turning up.

Just because a girl from russia is looking for ways to get income doesnt mean shes complaining or shes pro putin or that she thinks shes got it worse then a girl from ukraine.
Remember some have relatives and friends in ukraine too.

One of the russian ladies I follow was posting footage and images from ukraine as well as footage of russians protesting on twitter. She only stopped when she found out that she werent able to leave Russia for another country and didnt want to risk police turning up.

Just because a girl from russia is looking for ways to get income doesnt mean shes complaining or shes pro putin or that she thinks shes got it worse then a girl from ukraine.
Remember some have relatives and friends in ukraine too.
im not saying that. i understand everyones situation is different. im saying its peanuts in comparison.

also there are routes to leave russia. fewer, but still routes. friend just landed in dubai a few days ago from st petersburg and is currently working on getting to western europe.

Reactions: CheeseMoon
im saying its peanuts in comparison.
Yeah. Russians are inconvenienced. Ukrainians are dying. If someone is pretending this is about the poor, innocent people, direct the greens where they make a meaningful difference instead of smoothing out the bumps in someone's lifestyle.

e45d06c5bf0085f3a110f4c2be8e50eab9daaa20b866f30dbb278bd4c8a3cde5.jpg

Several of the Russian broadcasters who use my Chaturbate apps asked me for subtle ways to display their support for Ukraine. I happily obeyed, and they use what I prepared for them.

That won’t help the many Ukrainians already slaughtered by Russians following orders below all human standards. And they don’t risk their life, nor do I. They risk being able to pay their rent next month, something I never had to fear about.

They try to organize their life, like other people do, and that is a valid wish. They witness the cruelties, and that does not mean everything they wish and everything they try must be put in relation to the fate of the victims of the worst of their fellow citizens. I complain about a lot of things, about all the pollen that makes me sneeze in the spring. Every time I sneeze and my eyes hurt I could think: But many people are much worse, they would be happy to live in your nice suburb with the pretty trees that make you sneeze. But I don’t. I have my problems and I try to solve them, and I do not blame other people if they try to solve theirs.

When we talk about the war, I make very clear how I see the situation, yet I understand if they try to keep up their business and focus on webcam related topics. And I appreciate if they are brave enough to show a panel like this.

1649005367684.png

• Hugs
Reactions: Highlander884
im not saying that. i understand everyones situation is different. im saying its peanuts in comparison.

also there are routes to leave russia. fewer, but still routes. friend just landed in dubai a few days ago from st petersburg and is currently working on getting to western europe.
Well good luck to them. For my friend it's not exactly about wanting to go to western Europe.

But I do apologise, I'm just sick to death of seeing people attacking the girls online because that cunt that theyve always thought was a cunt is being an even bigger cunt then he was before.
Girls who a couple of months ago would happily mock putin in public chat but now too scared in case. Girls who wanted to leave russia/belarus years ago if it werent for 1 or more of the following family responsibilities, passport, a reasonable amount of $.
Despite what cheese might think none of the girls I follow r complaining about the sanctions.
Is it hard to believe that an anti-Putin russian is more scared of repercussions then a pro-Putin one?

Broadcasters what would be worse? regulars u known for years saying they're no longer tipping u but stay in your room because they hate the leader of your country almost as much as u or one that no longer follows u for the exact same reason?

But I do apologise, I'm just sick to death of seeing people attacking the girls online because that cunt that theyve always thought was a cunt is being an even bigger cunt then he was before.
Girls who a couple of months ago would happily mock putin in public chat but now too scared in case. Girls who wanted to leave russia/belarus years ago if it werent for 1 or more of the following family responsibilities, passport, a reasonable amount of $.
Despite what cheese might think none of the girls I follow r complaining about the sanctions.
Is it hard to believe that an anti-Putin russian is more scared of repercussions then a pro-Putin one?

Broadcasters what would be worse? regulars u known for years saying they're no longer tipping u but stay in your room because they hate the leader of your country almost as much as u or one that no longer follows u for the exact same reason?

no one is attacking them here. if anything people are sharing their opinions on the matter, so i dont understand this white knight attitude.

but all of this is frivolous in comparison to the absolute barbarism that the people of ukraine have been facing for over a month. i really dont have any much sympathy other than oh man thats sucks for russians experiencing sanctions and flack because of the war their country inflicted

Besides the total lack of self-awareness, this rant (is it a sort of meme? Idk) you have posted (which I know nothing about) is as much out of touch of reality as all those rants of Russian oligarchs' wives and mistresses complaining on social media they had their assests and bank accounts frozen, can't travel no more, can't buy designer fashion, furniture, bags or shoes anymore, etc, and - good heavens - they cannot summer in the Med anymore, either! Oh dear, so sad. never mind. As if the average income Russian citizen could afford such products or those locations.

That said, I fail to see why she is taking that as a loss and not as a healthy gain, instead. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
no one is attacking them here. if anything people are sharing their opinions on the matter, so i dont understand this white knight attitude.

but all of this is frivolous in comparison to the absolute barbarism that the people of ukraine have been facing for over a month. i really dont have any much sympathy other than oh man thats sucks for russians experiencing sanctions and flack because of the war their country inflicted

I didnt mean here I meant on webcam sites ffs so please dont call me a white knight.
"Dont tip her shes russian" "u happy and feeling comfortable while your country destroys Ukraine" "fuck u and your people" etc etc

Ofc it's nothing compared to what's going on in Ukraine, I've seen that footage, I watch the bbc news channel here in uk, I follow a girl in ukraine I've seen the difference in her over last month.
I just dont see the need to snipe at girls who r still trying to make a living over a war that they're just as upset and horrified at as well.

I didnt see anyone couple of years ago telling people to boycott american broadcasters because it was clear putin was benefiting from trump.

Last edited:
Sadly a few Russian models are adversely affected by this, but the Russian people had 30 years to fix their messed-up country. Poor decisions from a majority of the people living in Russia led to this, they chose to be ignorant about what happened in Chechnya and other places and now a minority of the Russians that don't deserve to pay for the majority's mistakes are paying for them. If they are lucky the consequences of the economic sanctions are the worst thing they will suffer. In my opinion the sanctions towards Russia are too lenient and we should do more to help the Ukrainian people.

The war and Putin's politics are quite popular in Russia. I am not sure if this is generally different for girls or guys on camsites.
Depends on who u talk too. Mostly it's the people who spend more time watching tv then browsing the internet that are pro putin. The main power Putin has in regards to the information war is russian tv.

Reactions: schruti
Sadly a few Russian models are adversely affected by this, but the Russian people had 30 years to fix their messed-up country. Poor decisions from a majority of the people living in Russia led to this, they chose to be ignorant about what happened in Chechnya and other places and now a minority of the Russians that don't deserve to pay for the majority's mistakes are paying for them. If they are lucky the consequences of the economic sanctions are the worst thing they will suffer. In my opinion the sanctions towards Russia are too lenient and we should do more to help the Ukrainian people.
i agree the sanctions are not strong enough. with news of the atrocities/massacres on civilians at bucha, irpen, and other towns experienced russia i hope it does and more aid does need to be sent to ukraine.

---
im getting really fucking sick seeing people in this thread trying to get others to sympathize with russians who can easily block out mean words on the internet while sitting in the comfort of their home/studio whereas ukrainians are being murdered, raped, and wounded while their homes are bombed, blasted, and burned.

also playing #notallrussians. we fucking know not all russians agree. it's ignorant to believe that one nation is a hivemind.

I see all the recent comments, and understand the sentiments.
People in Ukraine are dying, seeing friends/families dying, watching their homes/towns/communities/country and economy being destroyed, being forced to leave their homes and flee wherever seems safer.
It is an atrocity, and totally inexcusable.
In the situation of my friend, she is of Ukrainian citizenship but has lived in Russia for the last decade. She supports her grandparents, mother and younger sibling through her income as a cam model.
She has been detained and questioned by authorities on several occasions about her family and links to Ukraine, and anyone who knows anything about Russia will understand that this is a dangerous and unpleasant situation to be in. Not like being bombed in a war zone is 'dangerous and unpleasant', but still not somewhere you would want to find yourself.
She received no income for over a month because her employer said they could not get funds to pay her, and was on the point of being kicked out of the home she provides for her family.
As always, there is tight control of external info sources within Russia's borders, and anyone who speaks out against the leadership position is in danger of going to prison, or worse. So it is not necessarily that the people support and believe in this conflict, but that they are understandably reluctant to vocalize an opposing opinion for fear of consequences - exactly what the instigator of all this relies upon.
So that was my motivation for trying to help her out, as a friend in difficulty. And FWIW, not once has she ever complained.
Do I support Russia's actions or Russians who support all this? Fuck no.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.