AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

If you were having a particularly tough time, how would you prefer to be tipped/helped?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

If you were having a particularly tough time, how would you prefer to be tipped/helped?

• Have the person tip during a live show to hopefully get some momentum going

Votes: 17 60.7%
  • Have the person buy clips to help your ranking

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Go private and hope you would get some people spying

• Go exclusive so you can just chill

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • An offline tip via camsite or fanclub

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Other (write a comment)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It kind of depends on the site the member is using.

In general for most sites I would say offline tips/clip purchases, so I can earn money without going live (and on MFC also boost my ranking) and that way afford to take a break, but on Stripchat you have to be online for the tip to count towards your stripscore (I really wish that would change), so on there I would prefer the member to wait with tipping until I'm online to get some momentum going and help my ranking, which would be especially useful after a break if I would take one (or if possible just pick another site to tip, MFC or one of my clip stores or subscribtion sites preferably).

But if I'm not taking a break and already going online either way then tips during live shows over offline tips for momentum would be my choice for all sites that I live stream on.

Also agree it depends on the situation. Even just on Streamate, if the tough shift is getting to me mentally, I'd prefer to be whisked away to exclusive to enjoy some chilled one-to-one time. But if there's a bunch of people in the room being chatty and interactive, a decent sized tip or string of small tips in the public chat to help get things going and encourage others to join in can be a really fun vibe sometimes.

Reactions: shyladivine
I'd say for me (on CB) personally I prefer anything that helps the live stream momentum, because live stream success is my funnel to any other income as well, so in the end that adds up a lot more. (I don't do 1 on 1s so that's not an option for me)

Tips are just one way to help with momentum though: helpful chat and good responses to mood setting can also make some difference during a stream. Logging in to a stream with your account is also helpful instead of anon watching.

Reactions: jillianna
On tokens sites, tipping, and not just like 1 token, but like tipping to do things. The problem with 1 token tips is it takes a long time for them to get anywhere and while it's great in that its a tip, it dosnt help with getting things moving in the room.

If I am not online, and its been slow and someone wants to help then video purchases, pre-made or custom videos.

I rarely cam and make most of my money through customs and clip sales (and a decent chunk on OF), so I would strongly prefer offline tips or just some video sales. If I'm really struggling and someone were to tip big while I'm on cam, it can make me feel stressed about making sure they feel appreciated enough (especially if it's a rando and not one of my regs) and it just generally involves more emotional labor vs. someone going on a clip binge or something.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
I voted offline because my main cam site is SM. If I were on MFC a lot more, I might have voted option 1 instead. Because momentum does build a lot when one person starts on token sites (from what I've seen anyway, and I'm pretty new to token sites so far). Also we get a higher percentage on most fansites or via the MV make it rain function.

Last edited:
Yeah definitely the online tip to build some momentum in case the room is quiet, so that's my vote.

If it's the end of my shift though and I had a good day, offline would be the most helpful to help with ranking and letting me end my shift the time I need to.

Reactions: jillianna
I rarely cam and make most of my money through customs and clip sales (and a decent chunk on OF), so I would strongly prefer offline tips or just some video sales. If I'm really struggling and someone were to tip big while I'm on cam, it can make me feel stressed about making sure they feel appreciated enough (especially if it's a rando and not one of my regs) and it just generally involves more emotional labor vs. someone going on a clip binge or something.
This is a little off-topic for this thread but I'm interested because I've seen a lot of models who have been in the industry for a while and really built their brand saying the same thing. For me, only a year in and v part time at that, I don't make nearly as much on clips, content and customs as I do going live. Was this the same for you? Is it essentially just about building a huge following so the traffic maintains itself kind of thing? I also find I spend more time (so end up with much much less $/min) making customs than just doing a live private show. How do you make customs efficiently? Or you you rely strongly on pre-made vids?

Reactions: Lilly_____
This is a little off-topic for this thread but I'm interested because I've seen a lot of models who have been in the industry for a while and really built their brand saying the same thing. For me, only a year in and v part time at that, I don't make nearly as much on clips, content and customs as I do going live. Was this the same for you? Is it essentially just about building a huge following so the traffic maintains itself kind of thing? I also find I spend more time (so end up with much much less $/min) making customs than just doing a live private show. How do you make customs efficiently? Or you you rely strongly on pre-made vids?
Yesss this! Everytime I read about this i keep wondering that exactly! Just can't figure it out.

I started out doing almost entirely camming for my first year and saw steady growth. I posted a handful of videos throughout that time, especially toward the end of the first year and barely made anything from them.

About a year in, it started to flip. I lost a lot of my regulars on cam, and I was starting to see more video sales since I started posting 5+ times a week. I was in a position where SW was my only income and I needed to figure out how to make things work so I started cranking out as many videos as I could just to see what would happen. I also started tracking video sales so I could see which categories earned me the most money and tracking my cam streams so I could figure out my $/hr there.

My camming income dropped as I continued to lose regs (once the room started dying, more and more people left, ya know?) and my video income rose as I figured out what sells for me and kept posting regularly. At this point, a good cam stream for me is $30/hr, whereas I charge $15 per minute for customs and I can film and edit a 10 minute custom in an hour. That's $150 for the custom, and since I only accept customs that will resell well, I can make hundreds more from reselling that custom. I've made close to 700 videos at this point so I'm pretty fast with getting everything set up, filmed, and edited.

At this point, a lot of it is just that I have so many videos that my traffic maintains itself, but it took a ton of work to get here. I knew I wanted to move into videos over cam because I like the passive income, but it's hard to get started. Having my camming income drop off helped push me this direction as well. I rely heavily on premade vids at this point and only accept customs that I know will resell well, but there were periods where I'd do 3-4 customs a week for months on end.

Track your video sales, post a lot, film as much as you can since you'll get faster with filming the more you do it, and experiment with different types of videos. Some categories will sell way better than others, you just have to figure out which categories those are for you.

Not a model, so of course, I did not vote. I would like to add though, that I often take my model friend in Exclusive Pvt just to talk so she can have a rest. In fact, sometimes she PM's me to do so when she is really tired. I really hope this helps in even a small way. If I have the tokens, she is welcome to them, without having to work.

Reactions: Lilly_____
My camming income dropped as I continued to lose regs (once the room started dying, more and more people left, ya know?) and my video income rose as I figured out what sells for me and kept posting regularly. At this point, a good cam stream for me is $30/hr, whereas I charge $15 per minute for customs and I can film and edit a 10 minute custom in an hour. That's $150 for the custom, and since I only accept customs that will resell well, I can make hundreds more from reselling that custom. I've made close to 700 videos at this point so I'm pretty fast with getting everything set up, filmed, and edited.
This is super interesting, because I go through the room decline every 6 months or so and each time it's harder to rebuild than the last. My solution up to this point has always been more hours., which takes away from time I can be shooting videos (videos never sell amazing for me, maybe like 10% of my total monthly in) Not the best solution because camming for hours on end when your room is slow is a fast track to burn out. Now I am thinking maybe I would have better to spend the extra hours pumping out videos (my old cam regs now only buy videos). It's been so long since I shot a video it's going to take a while to get back into the swing of it (another reason I have been putting them off). In the middle of rearranging my furniture so I can just have things set up ready to go rather than having to mess around moving lights from the cam set up to where I am filming.

Reactions: Sashacurves
Status
Not open for further replies.