AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What is your preferred method of tipping...

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 20, 2022
What is the preferred method of tipping??? is it better to receive small token amounts or one/few lump sums???
For example is it better to receive 1 token totaling 100 tokens over a five minute period or two 50tkn over a five minute period??

What is the preferred method of tipping??? is it better to receive small token amounts or one/few lump sums???
For example is it better to receive 1 token totaling 100 tokens over a five minute period or two 50tkn over a five minute period??

As grateful as I am for ALL tips, I must admit that I find it obnoxious when members do the 1-token tips that way (It seems like an overly dramatic way to put $5 in the model's pocket...lol...the tip sound on MFC is LOUD). I would absolutely prefer the two 50-token tips. And each of those 50-token tips would get you an ass clap/flash (if you specify via tip note that it's what you want), and it would get me halfway through my mini naked goal.

As grateful as I am for ALL tips, I must admit that I find it obnoxious when members do the 1-token tips that way (It seems like an overly dramatic way to put $5 in the model's pocket...lol...the tip sound on MFC is LOUD). I would absolutely prefer the two 50-token tips. And each of those 50-token tips would get you an ass clap/flash (if you specify via tip note that it's what you want), and it would get me halfway through my mini naked goal.
This ^
Tipping for things from the tip menu not only means that you get something for your tip, it helps bring in new traffic to the room by having the model perform the request and helps reach show goals quicker. On a slow day where things are quiet, and people are only tipping 1 token at a time I find it can be demotivating since they have such a small impact on the overall goal which leads to small goals taking way too much time to clear.

I really don’t get the wall of pennies tipping strategy.

I guess it makes sense if the model has a toy that is tip-enabled, but even then the 1-token setting is so low and short. But I suppose in the tipper’s mind they are getting some kind of prolonged experience out of it.

I once watched a guy meet a 250 token goal one token at a time. It was absolutely brutal. I noticed the next time the dude tried to do it with this model another regular stepped in and met the goal with a 150 token tip lol. Best act of public service since the days of Mother Teresa.

I once watched a guy meet a 250 token goal one token at a time. It was absolutely brutal.
I have had an entire 1500 token goal cleared like this... and you are 100% right it's brutal. Also you know what happens when you have low intensity vibrations going constantly for over an hour.... that body part goes completely numb. So if the model has a lovense on or other tip controlled toy... for the love of god change up the vibration intensity from time to time 😂

I once watched a guy meet a 250 token goal one token at a time. It was absolutely brutal.

And I'd like for other members to not post the *applause* emojis (GIFs?) for people who do this. :facepalm:😂

I'm gonna start posting something in the room topic like "ALL tips appreciated, but double digit tips help reach the goal quicker!"

I have had an entire 1500 token goal cleared like this... and you are 100% right it's brutal. Also you know what happens when you have low intensity vibrations going constantly for over an hour.... that body part goes completely numb. So if the model has a lovense on or other tip controlled toy... for the love of god change up the vibration intensity from time to time 😂

I’ll never forget the time one of my favorite models was enduring a very long stretch of 1-token tips from the same member, like easily 45 minutes or longer. I had to leave so I PMed her saying I was signing off for the night, and she goes “OMG take me with you.”

Within the context of what was happening, it was 100% clear she meant it as a way of escaping from the numbing vibrations of single token guy.

I never really did either, I just assume it was to keep the performer going, extending the show. But there was one time about three to four penny tippers came in for about five to ten minutes. At that point I then assume it was to get the crowd motivated to all tip something, but then fizzled out after ten minutes.

I presonaly prefer 1 tk tip but no more than 1 sec pause between tips, in this way I can catch other members to tips and I have time to change positions, teasing etc

Reactions: NotYou
Most of the time I already like what the model is doing, that's why i visit and stayed. When I leave I tip, same idea when you go to a restaurant. But then the whole time im there it looks like im freeloading. So ill throw in a 'Hi I like you" tip from the menu. Then that opens the door to other issues, the model stops to text... Then I start looking for models that require you to be a fanclub member or select Tip to PM via menu but that only works about 25% of the time, based on your status the PM is waved and around we go.

I agree with Yummy. I appreciate all tips too but for the fucking love of whatever gods, don't do a 1tk tip wall. 1tk tip walls with the toys are annoying AF. It's a low buzz that isn't really pleasurable for that stretch of time and I'm ADHD and I will get bored/distracted with keeping an eye on the chats and not give you the reaction you're hoping for. Also- big issues for me is with the toys, a giant 1tk wall will piss off lovense integration and my fps will crap out or lovense will get confused. So I'll get pissed or worried if my show quality tanks. It doesn't crap out with any of the other tips.

Bit of a tangent buuut, once had a dude dump 6,000tk in a 15tk (400 separate tips at 10sec each) wall so my dang toys were going off for over an hour at low speed which blocked every other tip in the queue pissing the other members off. I was super grateful for the tips but, that's a long time to try to entertain a room when their tips aren't going to hit for a while, I'm not going to cum from low buzzing and that just made my vagina pretty irritated instead of happy.

I guess it makes sense if the model has a toy that is tip-enabled, but even then the 1-token setting is so low and short. But I suppose in the tipper’s mind they are getting some kind of prolonged experience out of it.
Sorry, not a model but I hope it's okay for me to participate because this is something I've been thinking about lately, because it seems like it's exactly that - the prolonged experience. I noticed at a certain point that if I did a big tip I'd get a positive reaction out of the model for a couple minutes, but the guy throwing pennies would get an extended striptease or reaction to the tip-enabled toy that would go on for as long as he kept tipping. What's the point (from a selfish customer perspective 😅) of me tipping 1000 tokens if the guy who's dribbling out 100 tokens 1 token at a time over the course of 15 minutes is getting more interaction with the model than I am? And I am sure not all models do this but's been pretty consistent for me that it's discouraged me from making big splashy tips anymore.

Last edited:
Sorry, not a model but I hope it's okay for me to participate because this is something I've been thinking about lately, because it seems like it's exactly that - the prolonged experience. I noticed at a certain point that if I did a big tip I'd get a positive reaction out of the model for a couple minutes, but the guy throwing pennies would get an extended striptease or reaction to the tip-enabled toy that would go on for as long as he kept tipping. What's the point (from a selfish customer perspective 😅) of me tipping 1000 tokens if the guy who's dribbling out 100 tokens 1 token at a time over the course of 15 minutes is getting more interaction with the model than I am? And I am sure not all models do this but's been pretty consistent for me that it's discouraged me from making big splashy tips anymore.
You are right. Some models do treat the guy with 50 1-token tips better that the guy who tips 5 50-token tips just due to volume. I think it is a case where the model should be intentional about what behaviors s/he rewards or discourages.

• Helpful!
Reactions: MarieElise

If you want the model's undivided attention, get a 1 on 1 private show.

As for how to tip? Every model is different but at the end of the day, anything is better than a user hanging around freeloading so just tip however you want, but tip something.

Reactions: AudriTwo and Hiunds
FWIW my individual tips are larger in smaller rooms because I can imagine how it must suck with little to no activity or money for one's time.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
If you want the model's undivided attention, get a 1 on 1 private show.
We're not talking about private shows. We're talking about different kinds of tipping, and I explained why I've been motivated to go from one large tip to multiple, smaller tips when I am tipping for a show. I know all about private shows, but they're not relevant to the topic, or to my response to the topic, and there are a number of reasons why I choose to tip rather than go private which you can probably imagine if you think about it for a couple minutes.

We're not talking about private shows. We're talking about different kinds of tipping, and I explained why I've been motivated to go from one large tip to multiple, smaller tips when I am tipping for a show. I know all about private shows, but they're not relevant to the topic, or to my response to the topic, and there are a number of reasons why I choose to tip rather than go private which you can probably imagine if you think about it for a couple minutes.

You said you were discouraged about not getting attention for a larger tip versus a smaller one. I'm saying, don't let that discourage you. There are all kinds of reasons a model might miss your tip or not acknowledge a tip request. As you say, you should already know and understand this. For any users/members out there who might be discouraged about not getting attention for tips, just think of it as you supporting the show and not being a freeloader more than "I'm not getting the attention I deserve".

Reactions: AudriTwo
What's the point (from a selfish customer perspective 😅) of me tipping 1000 tokens if the guy who's dribbling out 100 tokens 1 token at a time over the course of 15 minutes is getting more interaction with the model than I am?

Hopefully the guy in your example doesn't expect the model to say "Thank you!" 100 times back-to-back. 😂 I really get the feeling that some of these 1-token tippers are waiting for a thank you after every 1-token tip, which is really goofy to me.

Hopefully the guy in your example doesn't expect the model to say "Thank you!" 100 times back-to-back. 😂 I really get the feeling that some of these 1-token tippers are waiting for a thank you after every 1-token tip, which is really goofy to me.
When people have insisted on walls of tiny amounts of tokens, I tend to thank them at the beginning and then a while later if it's still going, or when it ends. I think it has set a decent example that it doesn't get you any more attention than the guy who tips that whole amount in one go.

When people have insisted on walls of tiny amounts of tokens, I tend to thank them at the beginning and then a while later if it's still going, or when it ends. I think it has set a decent example that it doesn't get you any more attention than the guy who tips that whole amount in one go.

Yeah, I try to space out my thank you's for the 1-token tips. A "thank you" after the first one, and then just give a smile or a thumbs up for some of their follow-up 1-token tips, and then another thank you when it looks like they're done. And at that point, I've received a total of 5 - 10 tokens from that person.

I have to say, I find those rows of 1 token tips rather annoying to watch. Dude, just tip already!

But I think I'm missing something in this thread about the model's attention.

Whatever you tip and however you tip is really up to you. As long as you are tipping, you are supporting the model. I'm sure each model has their own preferences, but all tips are always appreciated, whether they acknowledge you directly or not. If you're only tipping for attention, get a private for guaranteed service. If you feel like x amount of tip has more entitlement than y amount of tip or are worried that a big tip is not getting the entitlement you think it deserves, then I think you are no longer doing this for "fun" and should take a break or something.

• Sorry to hear that.
Reactions: EllaM and Lou_King_
Whatever you tip and however you tip is really up to you. As long as you are tipping, you are supporting the model. I'm sure each model has their own preferences, but all tips are always appreciated, whether they acknowledge you directly or not. If you're only tipping for attention, get a private for guaranteed service. If you feel like x amount of tip has more entitlement than y amount of tip or are worried that a big tip is not getting the entitlement you think it deserves, then I think you are no longer doing this for "fun" and should take a break or something.
This is the third time in this thread you've twisted my words to stand on a soapbox and lecture me, and it is extremely irritating. And it's the second thread you've done it in. I don't want to get into a back and forth or a flame war, but if it's going to be a pattern and this is just how you are going to interact with me in this forum, I want to address it right now because it's making my experience on the forum unpleasant, and this place is one of the good things going on in my life right now. If you're going to respond to me, respond to what I've written or not at all. I never used the words "attention" or "deserve." You did.

There are times that I tip models just to give them money and to support them as a fan. I do this all the time. I enjoy doing it, and sometimes a genuine smile and thank you is all I want.

But sometimes, and you may find this shocking, but sometimes I go to a cam model's room in order to watch the model perform and to masturbate. When I do this, I approach the tip as a commercial exchange between myself and the model - my money in exchange for a service. This service is to do things I find sexually arousing. This is why I go to the model's room, rather than masturbating while staring at a blank white wall or using the limitless power of my imagination to imagine erotic adventures with Anya Taylor-Joy.

Sometimes I do this by explicitly buying things from the tip menu or through a negotiated agreement with the model. But sometimes it's a little more vague than that. There is the use of tip enabled toys in which the model appears to derive sexual pleasure when tipped, or the model is doing some other performance in exchange for people tipping such as a striptease.

What I have found is that when I make a large tip, I get fewer interactions with the model than another member in the same performance who is doing multiple smaller tips. Please go back and read the post of mine you responded to. The word attention is not there. That is because I chose this word very deliberately. What I meant when I said interactions is that the model responds to the lovense toy less, or spends less time continuing the striptease, that kind of thing, than if I break the tip up into multiple smaller tips. I am not asking for the model's attention. In fact, I often find the direct attention I receive in a 1 on 1 to be too much, and is not the experience I want or enjoy. I just want to encourage the model to continue in a certain kind of performance. So your repeated insistence that I go private misses the point and is not helpful, as I previously explained but you ignored. In addition, going private does not contribute to the show goals, which is often what I am there to do.

As a result, I find that exchange less satisfying and by that I mean I find it less arousing for me. So I have changed the way I interact with the model to tip the exact same overall amount, split into multiple smaller tips, to have more satisfying interactions. It is not about what I deserve. Deserve does not factor into things at all. Tips are a form of communicating with the model, and I have found that one way of tipping better communicates what I want, and results in a better experience for me. I do not make demands of the model. I do not complain. I don't say anything to the model at all. I do not think I am entitled to anything. In fact, I am approaching things in what I think is the least disruptive way of handling it and that's by responding according to the behavior the model is encouraging in the room.

And now my interactions with the models are better, the models are none the wiser and are still being tipped generously and in accordance with their room rules, and the only people who know anything about it are the people in this thread that I've shared this information with in what was an attempt to be helpful. Please stop presuming to tell me how to behave in a cam model room when I've found what works for me, and don't presume to tell me when I'm having fun or need a break. It's condescending and unpleasant.

Last edited:

And I think you should not pedantically lecture people or presume that other people somehow don't have your grasp pf the obvious.

The most annoying part of walls of small tips is that it moves both the conversation and tipmenu tips from the screen. I always feel like a jerk when I have to remind a model I tipped for something. And the chance she missed my tip gets a lot bigger with these 1 token walls.
I'm happy for all the tips a model gets, big AND small, but keep it to an acceptable level please.

Some guys just get so into the habit of tipping a zillion 1-token tips that they don't think. Just watched a dude drop probably 200 1tks. But the model had her domi set to 7 seconds of ultra high at 4 tokens vs 3 seconds of medium for 1. If the guy had thought it through he could have given her a better experience. It was interesting to watch her reactions when she saw the ultra high on the way through the queue vs the wall of short mediums

Status
Not open for further replies.