AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Too hot in the UK

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 28, 2023
England
This heat is really getting to me, my brain is melting, no air con in my home working from home the last couple of days, the infrastructure is not built for ventilation everything is designed to insulate heat. Don't know how models can cam in hotter countries. No deisre to tip, no deisre to visit models just vegitate and melt. This post is a result of the heat too.
1694191297524.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: MarieElise
Come to Brazil. It's way more chill here.

tosh.0 wink GIF

• Funny!
This heat is really getting to me, my brain is melting, no air con in my home working from home the last couple of days, the infrastructure is not built for ventilation everything is designed to insulate heat. Don't know how models can cam in hotter countries. No deisre to tip, no deisre to visit models just vegitate and melt. This post is a result of the heat too.
View attachment 97594
Buy a window unit air conditioner. They run about $300 but you'll thank yourself for it. I have central air downstairs but none upstairs and use a window unit for that. They also make portable very small swamp coolers that you can move around with you from room to room.

Reactions: MarieElise and Maxi
It’s only a little one but…. it’s south-facing, so it gets all the day’s sun 🤗
I think that's what I like about it. It's small but it has grass. I love small places and here usually small backyards have cement floors. Only ranches and things like that have grass on them. So I think this is exactly what I like about them - best of both worlds.

I have to confess that it’s fake grass, I’m afraid.

But it’s a fun little space. I just wish we had your Brazilian climate at times 🙂

Reactions: Lilly_____
Seems like a good idea. My yard here takes me a full day out of my weekend to mow, and in summer it's usually 35-40C or more. A guy is thinking about getting a goat to help out.
gonna sound stupid here how can a goat help you mow?

• Funny!
Reactions: Maxi
gonna sound stupid here how can a goat help you mow?
Wouldn't the goat eat the grass and therefore "mow"? I mean I would love to have both the grass and the goat. Lol. But I'm not a fan of fake grass... It gets way too hot in the sun. Bit I like that it has less bugs and way less maintenance so I understand why one would choose it. I'm an apartment gal so all I have is a balcony lol.

I just wish we had your Brazilian climate at times 🙂
It's supposed to be winter and we're all melting here. I wouldn't recommend. 😂

• Funny!
Reactions: Maxi
I had a goat when I was a child. Trust me on this, you do NOT want a goat. They eat everything -- cans, glass, rocks, clothing, and eat grass in patches. They also constantly have worms and deworming is expensive and some carry a disease that can quickly spread to other goats causing mass extinction on a farm if not caught in time.

Rent a goat instead. Yes, it's a thing. At least in the States.

The goat will shit everywhere. And then you’ll have a whole new type of work to add to the list.

Yeah one of my biggest, longest Regs is English. He’s been telling me all about it. I had to ask him what an African plume was.

I second an air con unit. I live somewhere where heat has gotten to be a life or death matter, over the course of the last decade (admittedly for a very few - but still). Research the air con unit first though. Some are crap and some are amazing.

The goat will shit everywhere. And then you’ll have a whole new type of work to add to the list.

Yeah one of my biggest, longest Regs is English. He’s been telling me all about it. I had to ask him what an African plume was.

I second an air con unit. I live somewhere where heat has gotten to be a life or death matter, over the course of the last decade (admittedly for a very few - but still). Research the air con unit first though. Some are crap and some are amazing.
I'd offer a brand but they probably won't be the same as overseas, right?

Buy a window unit air conditioner. They run about $300 but you'll thank yourself for it. I have central air downstairs but none upstairs and use a window unit for that. They also make portable very small swamp coolers that you can move around with you from room to room.
I dont think the windows they use in the uk are suitable for a window ac (the window needs to slide for those right not open like a door?). B&Q (the uk equivalent of home depo) has a couple of the floor standing ones on sale though.

Wouldn't the goat eat the grass and therefore "mow"? I mean I would love to have both the grass and the goat. Lol. 😂
I really am a dunce at times I would never have made the connection, I asked on google how do goats mow grass :( , then I saw the repsonses here and I really felt intelligent!

• Funny!
I dont think the windows they use in the uk are suitable for a window ac (the window needs to slide for those right not open like a door?). B&Q (the uk equivalent of home depo) has a couple of the floor standing ones on sale though.
Mine does but I imagine there are all kinds of styles available. The standing ones still require a hose through a window. At least here.

Yeah they ( the standing ones) can go in vertical if you install so cardboard or weak wood chip board around them.

how do goats mow grass
Well first they button up their waist coats, then they put on their top hats and dancing gloves…

Lol just ribbing you. It is Friday. My mind does stuff like that after a long week too.

Mine does but I imagine there are all kinds of styles available. The standing ones still require a hose through a window. At least here.
Yeah, they have a hose that goes through the window but they have adaptors that fit inside the widow that are kind of like a wedge that blocks off the window so its like its closed but it leaves space between the window and the window frame... I suck at explaining that concept (you can either buy them or if you have a 3d printer there's models for them online).

Generally in the UK AC isnt really a big product so there's not as many options as if you were to go to a climate that needs them more than 3 or 4 days every couple of years. here for example I can go to a supermarket and have a choice of 50+ ac units in a bunch of different styles but in the uk there probably are some specialty import stores you can order from online but most of the home depo esq stores will usually only carry a handful of models if any. At least thats how it used to be, not sure how things have changed since I left there.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Vixxen81
Still the beginning of spring down here. Last week was hot (low to mid 30s Celsius ) Today and this coming week supposed to be cool again. Summer is set to be a huge fire risk across pretty much the whole country. 😥

• Hugs
Still the beginning of spring down here. Last week was hot (low to mid 30s Celsius ) Today and this coming week supposed to be cool again. Summer is set to be a huge fire risk across pretty much the whole country. 😥
Same here, had a nice big thunderstorm and heavy rain 2 nights ago, and with the high humidity, it felt much more like the familiar summer weather than the very first days of spring. Then this morning, it was almost low enough for another frost. Very unpredictable. In this area, the general rule of thumb for gardening is around planting tomatoes - don't plant them outside until after Melbourne Cup (that's early November) or risk one last late frost getting them.

I'm actually semi-serious about the goat. Totally agree about their destructibility though. A neighbour has one and it does a great job of keeping the vegetation down low, but also trashed a lot of his outdoor furniture. I have solid fencing around my vegie gardens, around my orchard, and where the chooks roam, so there's not much one could damage. My latest rescue dog could chew her way through a steel fence, so it's all stood up well to that test.
But for now, despite the time it takes, I do enjoy the exercise workout mowing provides - it's a great way for me to tune out of the everyday BS and just enjoy being outside.

This kind of backyard has always intrigued me. In a good way! Wish I had one!
Here in Oz we are still (generally) a land of backyards rather than apartments. Being in a rural town mine would be considered rather large although typical size for my town.

20230909_121137.jpg
Half of my untidy backyard (and the back fence is not visible in this shot)

Reactions: Maxi and CheeseMoon
It seems like you're experiencing the transition from winter to spring in your region. It's not uncommon for temperatures to fluctuate during this time. However, it's concerning to hear about the potential activities that your country may face during the upcoming summer.

Reactions: Ozzie_
Here in Oz we are still (generally) a land of backyards rather than apartments. Being in a rural town mine would be considered rather large although typical size for my town.

View attachment 97607
That sounds cool. There's something really unique about having a large backyard, in a rural town. It must give you a sense of space and freedom.

Reactions: Ozzie_
Ohhh no too bad you can't get a little portable ac unit eventually, they have stand up ones that you can move around your home.. or maybe even a nice bag of ice on the back of your neck occasionally or your feet, or anywhere really !

Stay cool :cool:

View attachment 97607
You garden is way bigger than my apartment 😂 looks like a kingdom! Do you have pets/animals?

Status
Not open for further replies.