AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

The death of LOL?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

How do you laugh online?

• I still use LOL for old times sake.

• It's HEHE for Me!

• HAHA! Very funny indeed.

• I like EMOJI graphics.

• Basic text emoticons are easiest. :)

• Photos contain a thousand laughs.

• I do not laugh.

• Other.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 4, 2014
I grew to hate lol before long because I know too many people who use it as punctuation. I shit you not, instead of a period or comma, they'll put "lol". Makes you want to gently throttle them.

Typically, my way of communicating that I'm amused is something along the lines of, "You bastard, you just made me snort", or, if I'm being sarcastic and the situation is not funny, or someone is being a moron (how much to fuck you bb?) I'll type out an extended "hahahahahahahahaha", breaking it up into sections if I'm being extra bitchy.

Reactions: ZenHedonist
Depends on the community and platform. I use emotes if I can, but also lol haha, some places like reddit.com and email has no emotes so end up saying "that's funny!"

I laughed!
qmHTrB5.jpg

Last edited:
Screw trends.

I picked up the habit of typing "f*ck" to circumvent a poor profanity filter years ago (15 or more). This was so I could express myself clearly to the Christians I was arguing with. Most times I still prefer to use it over the much-more-scandalous "fuck".

I will be lol-ing until i die. lol

When I was first introduced to lol I loathed it with a passion for two reasons. 1) Because I hate all abbreviations 2) There was a girl at my job who would say lol with a smile instead of laughing. I assume she ate lead-based paint in her off time.

I became more ok with abbreviations due to in pm, since you often need to type something, but it can't take long. However lol...I've used it, but it's mainly using it because I get so bombarded with it. I never saw the point of making an abbreviation that's only one letter shorter than haha. Kinda glad it's dying, but other than the girl, and the logic behind it existing, it never annoyed me when others used it or bothered me so much that I refused. *shrug

A super hilarious regular of mine pointed out that " lol " looks like a drowning guy. And now that's all I can see.
I always thought it was a guy getting robbed at gunpoint.

lol

Last edited:
I've definitely noticed that camgirls don't use LOL. Hahaha seem more common. I started using hehe recently but than I realized lol is still less letters bb.

There was a girl at my job who would say lol with a smile instead of laughing. I assume she ate lead-based paint in her off time.

Omg. I knew somebody that did this. Also wouldn't shut up about what she was doing on AOL.

She said "Oh Em Gee" out loud instead of "Oh my god" too.

• Wat?!
Reactions: Ann_Sulu
I still type lol frequently, and pretty often I use hah or HA! but normally in reality I'm just letting out the tiniest, almost inaudible airsnort through my nose at things. Maybe a big smile. Not actual loud laughing, though.

Most times I use lol as a disclaimer, to let someone know what I just said should not be taken too seriously.
e.g. "girl you dont quit eating them hotpockets your fat azz not going fit on screen lol"

Reactions: SexySteph
The funny thing is, I did laugh out loud at this. I freaking love Curb Your Enthusiasm!
And isn't this seriously one of the BEST episodes of it? I actually really LOL at this one. Yay another Curb fan!

Reactions: MissHannelore
I grew to hate lol before long because I know too many people who use it as punctuation. I shit you not, instead of a period or comma, they'll put "lol". Makes you want to gently throttle them.

Typically, my way of communicating that I'm amused is something along the lines of, "You bastard, you just made me snort", or, if I'm being sarcastic and the situation is not funny, or someone is being a moron (how much to fuck you bb?) I'll type out an extended "hahahahahahahahaha", breaking it up into sections if I'm being extra bitchy.
My bloody Father uses it as punctuation.
In a facebook message like "Hey (my name), I really need you to do some work on my website lol". Why is that funny Dad, whyyyy?

And isn't this seriously one of the BEST episodes of it? I actually really LOL at this one. Yay another Curb fan!
YES! I hardly get to watch here it in the UK... I wish it was on Netflix! I got to watch a few in FL in March.
If anyone has a link to watch the episodes I would be super grateful, LOL! (See what I did there?l

Yeah, the old "lol as punctuation" is annoying. Putting "lol" at the end of something really stupid doesn't make it less stupid or funny either...

I occasionally use it, normally I'm a "heh" sorta guy.

My favorite is a model who is typing in chat and types "lol" and didn't fucking lol in the least. We can SEE that you fucking didn't lol stop lying dammit...

Heh...

I use them all! "Lol" or "haha" is more of a punctuation for me, to indicate some level of casual tone, sometimes for actually laughing . "Loooooool" is either "that's super funny" or "I'm so exasperated by this, all I can do is laugh". "hehe" is super feminine to me so it's for being cutesy or sometimes being a little sassy. I use emojis a lot in texting, usually the one that's laughing so hard it's crying.

I'm not the youngest person on here but I think I'm full millennial because it doesn't bug me at all when people use Internet slang or acronyms out loud in "real life". Sometimes it's good for emphasis or its just habit. I'm pretty interested in how Internet and texting has affected communication styles, but not in as negative a way as a lot of articles/experts are ("rawr these YOUTHS and their EMOJI SPEAK and they use SMILEY FACES in business emails", haha). I do some tutoring at school so it's a lot of 17/18 year olds who have grown up online, and their essays are still pretty academically written and use proper structure, grammar, etc. But that's another topic anyways....lol.

Most times I use lol as a disclaimer, to let someone know what I just said should not be taken too seriously.
e.g. "girl you dont quit eating them hotpockets your fat azz not going fit on screen lol"
That's how I use it as well. Sometimes I'll type something and I feel like it sounds to intense or could be taken wrong so I throw in an "lol" to clarify that I'm not trying to be rude or something.

Lately when I'm posting on Facebook from my iPhone, I like to use the little yellow emoticon where he's laughing with tears coming outta his eyes.
160x160x23-face-with-tears-of-joy.png.pagespeed.ic.Z_mT_BlOxX.jpg

• Funny!
Reactions: BasicBasic
Status
Not open for further replies.