AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Pokemon Go!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So obviously one of the awesome partd about this game is the way it's bringing people together, acting as a catalyst to new friendships, and getting introverts out of their houses! (Not insinuating anything here, but I gonna go out on a limb and assume I'm not the first introvert to have a blast with this game.)

But there has also been some crazy stuff and some terrible stuff happening as a result of the game. For those of you too lazy to click the links: A girl found a dead body while playing the game, and some cruel people are using the game as bait for robberies. It hadn't been reported yet but I'm just waiting to hear about car accidents due to people focusing more on the game then then road. I hope I'm wrong.

Stay safe fellow trainers.

Reactions: ACFFAN69
I'm also team mystic. But I didn't really know what I was choosing, what are the advantages to each team?
As of right now there is no real advantage, it's just a way to divide the players for the gyms. Who knows if that will change as they update the game though.

Also, just found out they are going to allow us to trade pokemon between players hopefully within the first few updates.

I was worried about the driving thing too but I tested while passenger today and it doesn't seem to helpful to play while driving, unless looking for pokespots and gyms. None of the pokemon will load if you're moving too fast.

OMFG @PiperFinn and I just went to the local park for three hours playing this! We only left because we needed to eat and charge our phones... There were hundreds of people there playing!

Totally not going right back to the park soon or anything. O_O

I took the dog for a walk, found my first PokeStop (don't really know they are yet) and caught 3 Pokemans. Would have been 4, but one was in someone's front garden and while I'm ashamed to admit that I very seriously contemplated trespassing on their property to catch it, sense eventually prevailed and I left it there. For now. The dog didn't seem impressed with having to stop every few minutes.

The only thing about the game that bugs me is that in order to catch Pokemans in AR mode, your phone camera needs to have a gyroscope in order to function - and if you have a Samsung Galaxy Core Prime like I do, it means you can't make use of one of the coolest features in the game. I'm more bummed about that than I probably should be at my age.

I actually really love the game though. It's an ingenious idea that will encourage people to walk further than they otherwise would, and reap all the health benefits that come with that. Plus, there's an added social element to it which is really cool.

I took the dog for a walk, found my first PokeStop (don't really know they are yet) and caught 3 Pokemans. Would have been 4, but one was in someone's front garden and while I'm ashamed to admit that I very seriously contemplated trespassing on their property to catch it, sense eventually prevailed and I left it there. For now. The dog didn't seem impressed with having to stop every few minutes.

The only thing about the game that bugs me is that in order to catch Pokemans in AR mode, your phone camera needs to have a gyroscope in order to function - and if you have a Samsung Galaxy Core Prime like I do, it means you can't make use of one of the coolest features in the game. I'm more bummed about that than I probably should be at my age.

I actually really love the game though. It's an ingenious idea that will encourage people to walk further than they otherwise would, and reap all the health benefits that come with that. Plus, there's an added social element to it which is really cool.

I have the same phone and according to some stuff I've read they're aware of the issue and are working on finding a way to fix it. I really hope they do, then again it's apparently way easier to catch them without it according to a coworker who can actually use the AR.

This reminded me of the post going around twitter right now.

The game is fun and all but after a while there is not much to do. The blocks around my house seem to have the same 5 or 6 pokemon over and over and the only way to play is going out of the house.
Unless you have a seriously bad infestation like me apparently... I've caught about 25 or 30 in my house so far.
I live on the hell mouth I think

So ready for these to be a thing again:

Nintendo Pokemon Go Plus https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01H482N6E/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_Hp-GxbM5JCAM7

They were tested by some beta players and the rumor is they will be available at the end of the month but they'll sell out hella fast. For the sake of my battery I need one.

As for two trainers catching the same pokemon... I don't think it matters for commons and uncommon pokemon but once you're on the trail of a rare pokemon I've noticed that I'll attempt to catch it and then it will "poof" away.

This might be similar to a pokemon running away, like in the original games, but have noticed it usually happens when someone else is playing nearby-- as with the game store owner.

I was trying to catch a really high level Raticate in his store when it "poofed" and I suddenly heard this huge dude behind the counter shout "Yeah! Raticate, bitches!" So, I jokingly yelled at him. Then he was looking at his "nearby" and noticed a Kadabra that I had caught moments before walking into the store.

I told him I'd caught it and sure enough, the next time his GPS pinged (the little white spinning pokeball in the top left of your screen) the Kadabra was gone.

Also...JJ, I want to visit the Hell Mouth! And I'm curious what I could find both on the Vegas Strip as well as like...Hoover Dam and hiking trails.

Reactions: Cutie_Kisses
Ok, so something a little scary for those who signed up with Google+

Screen Shot 2016-07-11 at 12.33.53 PM.png

FULL ACCESS? Hrm, removing that ASAP...

Here's the page to remove access if you, like me, don't want this game having your entire Google account at their fingertips -
https://security.google.com/settings/security/permissions?pli=1

Here's the full hacker news discussion of it, I included a snippet below.

Screen Shot 2016-07-11 at 12.37.02 PM.png

So I'll either be creating a new fake Google+ account to use or signing up through the trainer site, which seems to be not accepting new accounts right now.

I'm glad I didn't spend much time collecting them yet!

The game is fun and all but after a while there is not much to do. The blocks around my house seem to have the same 5 or 6 pokemon over and over and the only way to play is going out of the house.

Unless you have a seriously bad infestation like me apparently... I've caught about 25 or 30 in my house so far.

From what I've been reading it really is dependent on where you live as to what you will find and how many.

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/why-every-pokemon-go-rarity-list-bs-you-arent-finding-ditto-544827

A few days ago, a reddit user created a chart of what he believed to be Pokémon rarities for Pokémon Go. RotomGuy's list noted that Weedles and Pidgeys everywhere, but considered Pinsirs and Magnemites to be very rare. Users in the comment section were quick to point out how some of them have never seen a Pidgey, but Pinsirs are all over the place. It looked like this list didn’t apply to everyone, but only to one player in a sea of Pokémon trainers.

Every single “rarity list” is pure speculation

Pokémon that are rare near you, might be common somewhere else. I’ve never seen a Growlithe, but one commenter from Dubai swears they are all over his neighborhood.

Pokémon Go is specific to your area, meaning something might be rare in one place and totally common in another.

Makes me think it will be hard for people to collect them all unless they are world travelers.

Thankfully, my google account is already an unaffiliated account with nothing linking back to me or even to camming. A while back there was that whole huge security scare where tons of gmail accounts were hit? (can't remember what they were calling it) All my google stuff has been blank/fake since then.

By the way, game has crashed 2x now when I've "caught" one in my ball (this image shows it just "stuck" in my grass, the last time the whole image froze), then upon total reload of the app there's no record of it. :(
clefairy.jpg ball.PNG
Seems their servers are down right now.

By the way, game has crashed 2x now when I've "caught" one in my ball (this image shows it just "stuck" in my grass, the last time the whole image froze), then upon total reload of the app there's no record of it. :(
View attachment 64130 View attachment 64131
Seems their servers are down right now.
off topic, but your grass looks super comfy

off topic, but your grass looks super comfy
Hah yes it is quite overgrown due to so much rain lately! Super fluffy soft! (I'm about to mow it in an hour or so.)

I'm also team mystic. But I didn't really know what I was choosing, what are the advantages to each team?

There really aren't any that I know of. I read people posting that they'll eventually have a competition between the teams and the winners will get the legendary bird represented by their team articuno, moltres, or zapdos. But I haven't seen any evidence for that, just rumors that no one has ever posted articles with. I think it's just to add fun and competition to the game

Between the bugs like this, the overloaded servers (I've only been able to play 3 times out of like 8 times I've tried), and the crappy "full access" to Google this thing wants, I think I may wait a while before trying it again. (And I'll have to wait for the PTC account creation to work again in any case, as I've revoked Google access and will not be granting that again until they make it reasonable.)

• Sorry to hear that.
Between the bugs like this, the overloaded servers (I've only been able to play 3 times out of like 8 times I've tried), and the crappy "full access" to Google this thing wants, I think I may wait a while before trying it again. (And I'll have to wait for the PTC account creation to work again in any case, as I've revoked Google access and will not be granting that again until they make it reasonable.)
I started over and used a bullshit new Google+ account that has absolutely no ties to my Amber or IRL accounts since PTC was unavailable. But yes the bugs are frustrating.

From what I can tell between my friends and I, there seem to be more bugs on iPhones than androids. Also how new the model of your phone is has a lot to do with it. But my friends with iPhones had theirs crash every few minutes last night, while I had hardly any problems at all. It freezes when I catch pokemon sometimes, maybe once or twice a day, but if I close out and come back, the pokemon still shows up in my inventory.

so you all know extra pokemon send to the professor and he will send you candy
we found fossil type near museums.
and taking over a gym get you 10n coins and of you keep nit there a while you earn more.

• Helpful!

I seem to have a hell mouth, as well. I've caught SO MANY in my apartment, but not many elsewhere.

There was a local event in town where 1.5k people showed up for a meet up and people put lures everywhere. I've noticed it's far easier to play at night.

For those who are finding Pokemans in their house do you actively have to be "playing" the game or will you get a push notification to let you know there's a Pokémon in your house?
You do not get notifications.

I catch a lot in my house when I just exit out of the app and restart it. There is usually one sitting around when I get back in!

I had to explain to my old man neighbor (known in AmberLand as "Dude") why I was wondering around our property with my phone in my face.

He said "oh that pokey thing? when the kids were here this weekend they were all about it, that's the thing on the news with the people walking into street signs and stuff huh?"

It was funny.

I figured I should at least let him know I wasn't trying to snoop and record his family on my phone or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.