AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Older computer games

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
oohh...Carmen Sandiego... that was amazing... (or was for me, by that time)
Lol, that splash graphic inside the circle...And all that was considered pro level, by then....

These games were definitely my favorites as a teenager and spent hours trying to catch Carmen and her goons. I actually caught her a few times as well.

Lol, that splash graphic inside the circle...And all that was considered pro level, by then....
My school in grade 1-6 would let us have a 1 hour break as a pair to play the original version once every 2 days. We'd have competitions and get stars for whoever was the best team.

Was that just something my school did in the 80's, or was that a thing?

We could play that, oregon trail, or number munchers (I prefered number munchers):
BvHpcla.jpg
SjrBNyn.jpg

Damn now I really really want to play number munchers.

Reactions: Shaun__
My school in grade 1-6 would let us have a 1 hour break as a pair to play the original version once every 2 days. We'd have competitions and get stars for whoever was the best team.

We could play that, oregon trail, or number munchers (I prefered number munchers):
BvHpcla.jpg
SjrBNyn.jpg

I remember playing Number Munchers in elementary school on the Apple 2.

Reactions: ACFFAN69

Number Munchers was the best, maybe even better than Oregon Trail since I never lived to see the end as a kid. I replayed it not that long ago and the trail seems much easier.

Number Munchers

Since this thread is about old computer games...when did you start/stop playing PC games?

I know I primarily played DOS/PC games from 1992-1998 when I finally got a Nintendo 64 as my first console, but I kept playing PC games until about 2004, with some light dabbling in WoW around 2010.

Since this thread is about old computer games...when did you start/stop playing PC games?

First started computer games (not just pc yet) with Commodore Vic-20, Tandy TRS-80, and Apple IIc computers. So 1980 or '81 for the Vic, maybe '84 for the Apple? Somewhere in there, I forget the exact years. My family had a dedicated Pong machine before that, but otherwise I've never really been into stand alone gaming platforms much. I've only ever owned a PS2 besides that. Always been computers.

For Dos games, right from my first i386 pc. I progressed on till today with every computer I've owned.

As for stopping. Not sure I have really. I still play several of the old dos games I enjoyed, through DosBox or online sites. I have emulators installed for almost every old set up you can name. TSR80, Vic20, Commodore 64, Sega, Nintendo, Atari (multiple versions), NES, even ZX Spectrum from the U.K., which I never owned. And more. It's easy to open the cartridge roms in Vice and play them.

And it's not just games. There's some regular software I still prefer the old versions better. One is called Derive, a math program. They had it in Dos, then made a windows version. But then sold out to Texas Instruments who closed it down to put it in their Calculators. They didn't want the competition of the software to detract from sales. Well, my calculus teacher way back when was a tester for it (before TI bought it) and could give out several copies to students to try out. I got one. It's still one of the more powerful math programs today, even though it's from the 90's and was last sold in 2007. But to run it I need Dosbox. Skyglobe is another title I prefer over modern equivalents. It's very nice software for astronomy and viewing stars. I have both the dos and Win3.1 versions of that. But i prefer Win.

Skyglobe in dosbox, dos and win3.1.
Screenshot - 8_23_2016 , 4_30_20 AM.png Screenshot - 8_23_2016 , 4_31_27 AM.png

Reactions: Finebrush
when did you start/stop playing PC games?

Well, much before I could use a computer at home... In my kid's years there were no computers or consoles (cough). So I played A LOT in arcade machines in pubs and other places. (I indeed remember invaders' machine, or later on those International Karate ones. There was even sort of a competition with that one in my village). I knew some friends doing the coin with a wire thing....Then, some friend's dad had an XT (remember, previous to PC it was that...), was one of those green screen monitors "computers". Also could access another one which had its monochrome screen in orange colors. In that friend's one I started my very first video game making, with 2 friends, programming in basic, me making the graphics. I think that was 1980-81. Then I could enjoy at others friends' houses an Amstrad, and a ZX Spectrum 128k. Much later, in I think 1985, I was a very young teen, I got my first computer, ZX Spectrum 48k. It was a very good machine, and allowed quite some programming. Much later, my actual first PC, a 286. It had so little ram that I learnt to optimize it to be able to play the games that asked for more than 540k, lol... Yep, actually not even 1 full megabyte of RAM (was announced with 1mb, but actually 300ks were for the graphics shadow memory, lol..)...Then I expanded it with 4MB, but it was a bit nonsense as almost all games started to require the 386 (I think this was still used by the nasa for controlling telescopes, till very recently, maybe even yet now,, as they're more reliable than later on pentiums and etc). I remember it was sx or dx... and sx was less powerful... Then came the 486, where a friend always bragged about he had modeled (actually, he had) all his favorite cars in 3DS Studio (MS DOS version, pre "MAX", a jewel by the times, I learnt 3D with it in a course ). Stopped playing PC? Well, I can say funnily very recently.... As a staff employee, it was even rewarding to arrive home, and play some FPS to remove the stress from the job... It became less needed as experience makes you close to inmune to stress, or almost, but... As a freelancer, I don't have any stress (more than the milestones) but way less free time... I am realizing I have virtually stopped playing, maybe for once in my life, lol... Also, lost a bit of interest on it. Surely not in making them, making games (or art for them) is yet fun. Playing is fun, too, but too little time available....

I was just remembering playing Star Trek 25th Anniversary the other day, as well as several much less official Star Trek games including EGA Trek. I require more hours in the day!
I remember playing EGA Trek back when I was younger. It was definitely a tough game that would kick my ass sometimes.

Anyone else have an Apple IIGS?

Way too much misspent youth on things like Keef The Thief, Bards Tale, Kings Quest/Space Quest/Police Quest, Xenocide and Captain Blood. Even as I type this, I can hear them music for those plain as day. The good old days indeed.

Anyone else have an Apple IIGS?

Way too much misspent youth on things like Keef The Thief, Bards Tale, Kings Quest/Space Quest/Police Quest, Xenocide and Captain Blood. Even as I type this, I can hear them music for those plain as day. The good old days indeed.
I learnt to read from quest games!
I knew to check all four wheels before driving and how to properly handcuff a hooker before I knew how to read all of green eggs and ham (I would sit for hours watching my dad play).

Status
Not open for further replies.