AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Third party company to avoid listing CAMMING on taxes (10-99)

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 12, 2018
Hello,

I'm new to this stuff so any help is greatly appreciated.

Is there a website or company that would act as a third party to collect money from camming sites, then that third party company would pay me through them? I don't want to be identified as a cam girl when I file my taxes and I don't want making money as a cam girl to be discovered during a background check for future employment.

(camming site) --- pays ----> (third party company)

(third party company) ---- pays ----> (me) and I file my taxes through this third party.

I was talking to my friend who was a cam girl and a teacher and this is the concept she explained to me but it was a few years ago and was not able to provide me the third party company she used.

Thank you for anyone who takes the time to help me.

Kenzie :)

Dude, no. You don't want to fuck around with the IRS. There are tons of threads on camming and background checks. Tax evasion is a terrible idea.

If you are that worried, don't involve yourself in adult entertainment. I am being brusque because this comes up frequently. Use the forum search function and you will find plenty of info.

Im not looking to avoid paying taxes from the money I make. I fully intend to pay taxes.

I just want to find a loophole so I don't have to let future employers know I was a cam girl. SO if I need to have the camming sites send money to a third party company (ex: marketing company who might take a percentage of pay), then that third party pay me. I would receive a tax form from the third party and not the camming sites. Does this make sense?

Background checks by jobs are typically for criminal activity.

The risk of your employer finding out is more from it being on the internet and someone finding it. The internet is forever.

Don't mess around with your taxes, it can get you in big trouble.

Hello,

I'm new to this stuff so any help is greatly appreciated.

Is there a website or company that would act as a third party to collect money from camming sites, then that third party company would pay me through them? I don't want to be identified as a cam girl when I file my taxes and I don't want making money as a cam girl to be discovered during a background check for future employment.

(camming site) --- pays ----> (third party company)

(third party company) ---- pays ----> (me) and I file my taxes through this third party.

I was talking to my friend who was a cam girl and a teacher and this is the concept she explained to me but it was a few years ago and was not able to provide me the third party company she used.

Thank you for anyone who takes the time to help me.

Kenzie :)

Kenzie, I think you may be looking for a studio that pays you under a different name for a buffer, but ultimately - if you’re getting naked on the intenet, someone will find out. the government definitely will.

I am sorry that we live in a world that we’re so afraid of sex we can’t let a human who has ever been sexualised on the internet teach them or be a leader in any way. It is frustrating that completely legal sex work has negative consequences. I will fight every day of my life to change that. But until then: don’t mess with the IRS. Talk to a tax person!

Kenzie, I think you may be looking for a studio that pays you under a different name for a buffer, but ultimately - if you’re getting naked on the intenet, someone will find out. the government definitely will.

I am sorry that we live in a world that we’re so afraid of sex we can’t let a human who has ever been sexualised on the internet teach them or be a leader in any way. It is frustrating that completely legal sex work has negative consequences. I will fight every day of my life to change that. But until then: don’t mess with the IRS. Talk to a tax person!

FIGHTING EVIL BY DAYLIGHT
WINNING LOVE BY MOONLIGHT
NEVER RUNNING FROM A REAL FIGHT...
✨✨✨✨✨✨

I've always written on my taxes that I an an entertainer. It is the truth in my opinion, my job as a camgirl is to entertain. I've never been asked for specifics. I imagine if you started earning serious money from camming or you seem to have some dodgy expenses then it'd be worth having an accountant and having your job description very clear, but by that point you'll likely be pretty exposed on the internet anyway so not much point in fussing over taxes. You could also likely rank yourself as a model, which is also true. But you do want to have something in the entertainment/model industry or you won't be able to make claims on your taxes such as an extra bedroom you rent or extra equipment you need.
I would definitely not outright lie though when it comes to taxes as it makes it look like you're up to illegal activity. Of course, it wouldn't be a bad business set up to have a fake online company which provides references and legitimises sex worker's payslips for renting housing etc. Obviously it wouldn't be a complete lie, the references would need to come from genuine earnings and exposure, but it's not difficult to "bend" the truth to make a job sound legitimate. Such as social media promotion, or something like that. I am not sure what the legality of this would be though.

Reactions: QuinnLane
Check out Boleyn Models. Don't they offer job resources or a buffer? I'm not sure entirely
Boleyn will offer paystubs and a non-cam job title through a different business name in their program as well as not be as obvious what you do when you get your direct deposits and 1099. This is more useful when you're looking for housing or something. You'll still get a 1099 and have to say what you do. You don't have to put camgirl on your taxes though, I say I work in entertainment, which is true. Like others said you can put model, performance artist, entertainer, etc. Don't flat out lie though, that's a whole other can of worms.

Another thing you can do is open up an LLC then the cam sites pay your LLC and then you pay yourself through the LLC. This really only makes sense if you're making good money and plan to stay in the industry.

A background check typically is for criminal activity, but if you're this scared of being found out maybe camming isn't for you. Camming isn't an easy money job that you can easily bury under the rug when you find something "better."

I agree with the above statements that there is no need to put your profession as cam model on your taxes. Saying “model” is enough.

I registered myself a business too so you can always do that. It cost less than $100 in Canada and I operate under the name of my business.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Check out Boleyn Models. Don't they offer job resources or a buffer? I'm not sure entirely, maybe @TajaEthereal can explain further.

Boleyn Models can provide cammers with a proof of income letter, but it doesnt necessarily provide a cover up for camming. However many people do use the letter for all sorts of things: car loans, apartment leases, public assistance ect. It definitely comes in handy. If you're in the program and need something more specific that doesn't include falsifying information, you'll have to speak to Katy directly.

As far as creating an LLC to mask your cammodel business it may not be worth the effort unless you're bringing in a great deal of money each year. Here's an artcle going over this very topic Cammodel Myth Busters, Do I Need An LLC?

I personally have used job titles like consultant and online life coach. Situations like this is another reason as to why its a good idea to have side hustles. Not only do you have more money but now you have a mainstream job title to explain your income. Its getting a bit rough out here but camming is still viable.

Status
Not open for further replies.