AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How to get more views on cb for a newbie?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adara_raider

Inactive Cam Model
Jul 2, 2018
Europe
Twitter Username
@adararaider
Hey, i've been camming for 3 weeks now on cb and im just curious about how I can get more followers to my room since I newer have more then 30 people in my room (if im lucky), when I interact and talk to everybody and dance and play music and actually having a good time. I usally feel the room out before I set an app, But the problem is whenever I set up an app (which I spendt hours on to finally get it) like token keno or roll the dice nobody ever tips to get prizes.. most just wants pvts at first(which isn't bad but, I want to get followers and talk to most) I see purpules just tipping me 1 tk at a time and just leave, which I find quite frusturating cause I feel like "im that new girl, who dont understand how things work. I feel that im really trapped in how I thought I would structure things in the "right way",But now I feel that I kind off lost my game...sucks that I can't read the New model mistakes thread since im so New at this and want to make it work:( I'd really appreciate all tips :kiss:

Try to use some hashtags and to promote yourself on twitter (@Chaturbate) and instagram (@cbcams) too.
Maybe the prices are too high for a new model?
I tried to make mine's lower and now the things go well.

Reactions: Adara_raider
FYI- just because they are dark purple doesn’t mean they currently have thousands of tokens to spend. You can actually sort users by how many tokens they currently posses. Even your name will be shuffled up or down the list, depending on how many you have vs users. It doesn’t tell you what they actually have, but it will give you a general idea. I don’t use it to determine who I talk to or don’t. But if a colored member is asking for a pvt (or a pm to discuss a pvt, even if they tipped for the pm), and I can see if their username is actually amongst the grey usernames, or elsewhere, then obviously I’m not going to pull myself away from everyone else for a long period of time to discuss something that’s not going to happen that night. My point is just because they are dark purple they shouldn’t necessarily get more attention or you can’t expect more from them than anyone else. I’ve had a few greys turn dark purple in the same night, & throw all their newly acquired tokens down in my room. But I’ve also had light or dark blue users listed higher than dark purples.

Personally I'm going to start asking my viewers what might incline them to tip... because i/we (my husband and i) can get upwardsome of 200 people in our room... a good 100 registered and at least 10-20 chattering with us and have not made more than 300 tokens in the last 5-10 nights

I'm also going to try streaming different times and with the lush even though I don't like it

I feel like we are engaging and chat a lot, I have nice boobs on display and a very varied tip menu... so I'm not sure what we are doing wrong... the only thing I can think of is that we don't do many public cum shows

• Hugs
Try to use some hashtags and to promote yourself on twitter (@Chaturbate) and instagram (@cbcams) too.
Maybe the prices are too high for a new model?
I tried to make mine's lower and now the things go well.
I do promote myself on Twitter and I dont want to lower my prizes cause I think that would give people the wrong idea that I almost do everything for free...and I would'nt feel too good about it

I do promote myself on Twitter and I dont want to lower my prizes cause I think that would give people the wrong idea that I almost do everything for free...and I would'nt feel too good about it
Personally I'm going to start asking my viewers what might incline them to tip... because i/we (my husband and i) can get upwardsome of 200 people in our room... a good 100 registered and at least 10-20 chattering with us and have not made more than 300 tokens in the last 5-10 nights

I'm also going to try streaming different times and with the lush even though I don't like it

I feel like we are engaging and chat a lot, I have nice boobs on display and a very varied tip menu... so I'm not sure what we are doing wrong... the only thing I can think of is that we don't do many public cum shows
Wow thats alot! But shame they dont tip :( yes, ive also tried camming at different times, and starting out in different "positions" but havent really registred alot of difference...maybe just dance more and tease..But yeah I see that lush is a big thing there so hopefully that will help, im just not ready for that yet.

Reactions: CurvyJ
Some apps work better than others in small rooms. When a room is small tippers don't want to commit their tokens to a long goal that they can't reach by themselves and that might not happen anyway. Think about it: what kind of member browses to page 3 or 4? It's usually guys who have a little to spend (say, 100 tokens) and they don't want to spend them in a room where it will go unnoticed.. they prefer smaller rooms so they are looking for a room in which their 80 tokens will get them something, at the very least attention. If your goal is 500 tokens, their 80 still doesn't make much of a splash, plus, they could tip and nobody else tips and the goal is never met so they "lost" their tokens.

Still, I wouldn't recommend you lower your prices, you should only do things you are comfortable with and lowering them can make you feel shitty so don't. What you CAN do without lowering your prices is skip goals entirely and try small games like the "roll dice" app.. keep the roll amount low: 25 tk or less, and make the prizes small with maybe 1 big prize thrown in to entice them to play (spank, flash, dance are all good small prices... and "video" "nude photos" or "snapchat" would be a "big prize"). This way members spend a little and get immediate rewards for their tip, say our 80 token guy from the example above.. if your rolls are 20 tokens, with his 80 he can roll 4 times and get a spank, a kiss blown, a dance and maybe a shot at your snapchat.

Last edited:

That was our experience with couples camming as well. We would usually have 500-1500 in the room and still only averaged a few hundred tokens. Some couples manage to pull it off, but I think most couples get a lot of viewers, but not a lot of tips. We did ok when offering something completely different than what other couples were doing, but even that was peanuts compared to what she makes solo. The first time she went solo, she made way more tokens with 25 people in the room than we ever did as a couple. That was pretty much the end of couples camming for cammingcouple ;)

• Hugs
Reactions: CurvyJ
Some apps work better than others in small rooms. When a room is small tippers don't want to commit their tokens to a long goal that they can't reach by themselves and that might not happen anyway. Think about it: what kind of member browses to page 3 or 4? It's usually guys who have a little to spend (say, 100 tokens) and they don't want to spend them in a room where it will go unnoticed.. they prefer smaller rooms so they are looking for a room in which their 80 tokens will get them something, at the very least attention. If your goal is 500 tokens, their 80 still doesn't make much of a splash, plus, they could tip and nobody else tips and the goal is never met so they "lost" their tokens.

Still, I wouldn't recommend you lower your prices, you should only do things you are comfortable with and lowering them can make you feel shitty so don't. What you CAN do without lowering your prices is skip goals entirely and try small games like the "roll dice" app.. keep the roll amount low: 25 tk or less, and make the prizes small with maybe 1 big prize thrown in to entice them to play (spank, flash, dance are all good small prices... and "video" "nude photos" or "snapchat" would be a "big prize"). This way members spend a little and get immediate rewards for their tip, say our 80 token guy from the example above.. if your rolls are 20 tokens, with his 80 he can roll 4 times and get a spank, a kiss blown, a dance and maybe a shot at your snapchat.
Awsome!! Thanks so much for the good advice:kiss: I actually played roll the dice 1 time for 66tk but I had more "big prizes" but I will def try it again with smaller ones to tease as much as I can :D

ahaaa, I actually dont have a snapchat yet and I'm not sure how it works when you want ppl to pay for it?
I started out with only offering a monthly option for a set amount of tokens, which is on my tip menu. Then they tell me their username in that tip note and I add them. I edit their SC name to be their CB name, then add a date after the name, which is the date it expires. For example: ilovecamgirls Aug 24. Then a few days before it expires I let them know their access is about to end. So they have time to reup it. I ended up adding a lifetime price on my tip menu because so many were asking for it. So after their username I only put “LT”. I also give my Fan Club members free Snapchat access for as long as they’re a Fan Club member. So behind their username I put “FC”.

• Helpful!
I started out with only offering a monthly option for a set amount of tokens, which is on my tip menu. Then they tell me their username in that tip note and I add them. I edit their SC name to be their CB name, then add a date after the name, which is the date it expires. For example: ilovecamgirls Aug 24. Then a few days before it expires I let them know their access is about to end. So they have time to reup it. I ended up adding a lifetime price on my tip menu because so many were asking for it. So after their username I only put “LT”. I also give my Fan Club members free Snapchat access for as long as they’re a Fan Club member. So behind their username I put “FC”.
Thats very smart! :h: I def have to do that, but maybe wait a littlebit since I don't have so many followers. And add a tip menu! Just so much to think of, so I forget :p

Reactions: Natalie_Lavender
Status
Not open for further replies.