AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Problem with FPS

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

misstaya

Inactive Cam Model
May 30, 2016
Hi

Does anyone have a problem with FPS since last week on CB?

I have a 500/100 package and I allways had output 1280x720 and it worked fine. Now my FPS is jumping from 30 when I'dont move, to 6-8 when I move and that is on 640x480 resolution.

Have you tried rebooting your modem and router?
Have you ran a speed test on your internet connection?

I stream using OBS, but as soon as I added my box lights to my setup I had to play with the settings on my camera (white balance, gain, exposure, etc) to get my bitrate & FPS back at a “recommended” level. If you have a lot of bright lighting it can effect your bitrate & FPS. I know there’s a more technical way to explain it, but I can’t think of it right now. Lol. My friend who streams on Twitch set up the OBS for me, and he went through it so fast & used a lot of terms I didn’t understand. :p

Yeah, I did all those things, I even reboot my modem on factory settings.

What kind of upload speeds were you getting with the speed test?
Does an ethernet cable help at all? or if no cable, moving closer to the router?

What kind of upload speeds were you getting with the speed test?
Does an ethernet cable help at all? or if no cable, moving closer to the router?

The thing is when I test to my local server I'm getting arround 500/100, then CB gave me this link to Amsterdam server and Belgrade and my download speed is arround 450 and upload just 4-6. It bothers me the difference with upload, why my download speed is normal on CB servers and upload is so low.

It's strange the speeds are different.

I'm not on CB but three things that easily drop my fps are:

1) A program in the background running. For a long while I had no idea how much damage NVidia dealt to my stream.

2)Internet history needing cleaned.

^Reboot if it doesn't improve right away.

3) If you have a lot of dark colors on cam it will think you're camming in the shadows. I've never been able to get my fps higher than 25 when I wear black on cam. When I do, I have to use an extra light source to get it bright enough for 25. With my normal lighting that gives me 31 fps, dark clothing being worn drops it to 16. For reference on my normal lighting, is two umbrella lights and a huge window in front of me that shines in direct sunlight during my cam shift. If I need my 3rd light source I use a sun lamp which thankfully is about the size of a desk lamp a doesn't take a ton of space.

Is there another server address you can try?
Have you tried routing your traffic through a VPN?

When my fps was awful, but I have a great camera, lighting and internet... it was my lighting. If I wear black, or dark colors, my fps drops significantly unless I soften my lighting, or tweak my webcam settings. It took a lot of trial and error. Also not having any lights directly beside my cam, everything needed to be angled. I marked my floor with tape to show where the best positions for my lights are vs fps.

Status
Not open for further replies.