AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

YouTubers Are Not Your Friends - Article

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is she modeling a bejeweled little pink alien in that picture?

This here sums it all up:
As for viewers, it’s important to remember that divide exists and to respect it. “You are not behind the curtain,” says Ferchaud. “You only know what you see in the video. Even if you saw all the videos for 10 years, you only are knowing a portion of that person. You’re not knowing the real-life version. And again, that’s not to say that’s not an authentic version, but it’s just not all of that person. It’s only a portion of them.” It’s become a YouTuber’s burden to enforce boundaries, but fans would do well to remember their favorite celebrities are still there to do a job.

images

Reactions: AudriTwo
This reminds me of a piece a camgirl put out a few years ago comparing camgirls to Bono. If you make your money within a social media bubble or based on your personality, you do need folks to feel like you're a friend. They know they don't see it all. They know they don't know everything about you. But, why remind them that you're working behind the curtain? Most people understand boundaries and personal space. Ban the ones who don't, and let the rest of us be entertained. If hairdressers can build a clientele calling everyone "honey" "sweetie" and intently listening to life's personal details without reminding them we're paid to do so, surely someone who plays video games or applies makeup in front of a camera for a living can do the same. IDK. Sounds entitled and presumptuous to me.

This reminds me of a piece a camgirl put out a few years ago comparing camgirls to Bono. If you make your money within a social media bubble or based on your personality, you do need folks to feel like you're a friend. They know they don't see it all. They know they don't know everything about you. But, why remind them that you're working behind the curtain? Most people understand boundaries and personal space. Ban the ones who don't, and let the rest of us be entertained. If hairdressers can build a clientele calling everyone "honey" "sweetie" and intently listening to life's personal details without reminding them we're paid to do so, surely someone who plays video games or applies makeup in front of a camera for a living can do the same. IDK. Sounds entitled and presumptuous to me.

I'd really, really love to read that sometime, if you can remember the link. Bono is a great comparison. And as he puts it in a recent song:

The showman gives you front row to his heart
The showman prays his heartache will chart
Making a spectacle of falling apart
Is just the start of the show, oh

I lie for a living
I love to let on
But you make it true when you sing along

Status
Not open for further replies.