AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Talk out loud on cam vs just typing on cam?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adara_raider

Inactive Cam Model
Jul 2, 2018
Europe
Twitter Username
@adararaider
Hey, im just curious about your experiences of talking out loud on cam contra just typing. Do you get get more viewers of talking out loud to the people in your room? I'm from Scandinavia and very shy to talk out loud in English (Yes I got that typical up and down accent haha) but have no problem getting naked on cam. I need to change something in how I do things cause I have so few people in my room and people join and leaving all the time, and I feel I spend so much time just typing and that might get some people to leave..This may sound abit stupid, But I really have no idea what I should say and start of a conversation if I were to speak out loud :muted: + alot of people say I need to get lovense to do well on cb, but I dont feel ready for that yet. But im really tempted cause I get so few followers each time im online..but I have no clue how to start off with that either haha. I'd appreciate all help :kiss:

• Hugs
Reactions: charlotteleductasse
I would recommend using the Lovense or any tip-activated toys because it is one of the main attractions on Chaturbate. I made a few hundred dollars just by using Lush today with no Goals/Games/PVT. People enjoy the reactions. Some people have exaggerated reactions and that's up to them to display that because some guys are into that. I tend to keep the Lush toy right against my clit so that I can really get the most of the toy. My reactions are smiles and gasps and just light mmm until someone pays alot or someone pays nonstop, and then I show I am enjoying it the most. Chaturbate is very much a visual and audio candy for guys. Guys love seeing girls make faces and hearing their moans. It is a great selling point and it is a bonus to even just have it because some customers tend to get carried away with their tokens and enjoy the show too much. What about the lovense toys makes you feel that you are not ready for it? Also, I do not imply that you are going to make less money without the Lush. I am just saying that the Lush toy is an extra add-on gimmick. I've even had people want to pay to control my Lush through an Lovense Remote App. You can do good without the Lush but you just need to focus on what makes you stand out. For me, I focus alot on teasing, anal and privates. However, I feel that without the Lush, my teasing act will go untipped mostly since guys are looking for a reaction from me.

By the way, I also forgot to mention your main topic. I tend to type alot and only say thank you to tips or moan to tips. Sometimes, the last thing a guy wants to hear when they are enjoying themselves is a girl blabbing on about something. But there is alot of girls that do talk shows while doing goals and that keeps the room active. Since I do privates mostly, I mostly type and it works for me. I get privates everyday and I started less than a month ago. But if you are doing goals or games, then you should probably talk to keep the room entertained. I have only had 1 day of successful goals reached because it is hard to keep the room active. Even though I can talk my mouth off, maybe I was trying too hard or maybe I am not natural at it? So there is my 2 cents :)

I would recommend using the Lovense or any tip-activated toys because it is one of the main attractions on Chaturbate. I made a few hundred dollars just by using Lush today with no Goals/Games/PVT. People enjoy the reactions. Some people have exaggerated reactions and that's up to them to display that because some guys are into that. I tend to keep the Lush toy right against my clit so that I can really get the most of the toy. My reactions are smiles and gasps and just light mmm until someone pays alot or someone pays nonstop, and then I show I am enjoying it the most. Chaturbate is very much a visual and audio candy for guys. Guys love seeing girls make faces and hearing their moans. It is a great selling point and it is a bonus to even just have it because some customers tend to get carried away with their tokens and enjoy the show too much. What about the lovense toys makes you feel that you are not ready for it? Also, I do not imply that you are going to make less money without the Lush. I am just saying that the Lush toy is an extra add-on gimmick. I've even had people want to pay to control my Lush through an Lovense Remote App. You can do good without the Lush but you just need to focus on what makes you stand out. For me, I focus alot on teasing, anal and privates. However, I feel that without the Lush, my teasing act will go untipped mostly since guys are looking for a reaction from me.

Thanks for the help and good advices dear! Do you use the apps to build up before the cumshow or do you just like "set your own" goals and tease n get naked before? I mostly use token keno, autoreset goal and roll the dice with small prices cause my room is mostly small, and I do sometimes get tipped buy 1 or 2 if im lucky. I just learn so slow and still struggling abit to understand when to use what though cause so many just come and leave, but I know I just have to be patient. Think I really need to brainstorm more and get more structured since I haven't been able to be on cam that much the 1 out of 2 months I've been camming, because I'm busy at school and kinda fell out of my zone. But I also do get asked for pvts and I do them, but that means I loose the few ones I managed to get in my room and dont get more followers (cause I dont have that many). How do you deal with that? And saying a lil thank you doesn't sound bad, I just got so used to type everything haha. But you are right, people want reactions and I will try lovense as soon as I can afford it. Just going to try and tease more with the dildoes I already have and see if that helps abit :)

Before setting up any goals, for your first hour, try to get a good amount of people in. Only set your goal after the 1st hour or you have a good amount of people so it doesn't discourage people when they see there is alot of tokens left to the goal. Generally for the first hour, it is good to just smile and tease and even greet anyone who comes in. I know some people do not like to be greeted when they come in. So just mostly say hi back to anyone who says hi first. Most important is to keep the thumbnail looking good and keep looking positive. If you ever come across serious or bored, that will not hold their attention. I mostly use the Lovense App in addition to a Goal because it is like killing 2 birds with 1 stone. People tipping for the Lush toy and that adds up tokens towards your goal anyways. I rarely get naked in my free chat, only if someone tip for it or I have a really high tipper I'd like to make congratulate for the day. I also struggle with getting followers. Honestly, I gain like 100 followers a day. But I am private-based on chaturbate and focus alot of Lush interaction. I do not focus on the numbers of people because it just matters what you feel your own success is. I am happy so far with what I have been doing. Only a few days of the week, I tell some stuff about my personality and hobbies with people and I get regulars from that too. I end up getting privates or my goals reached by regulars, even if I have small amount of followers. But yeah, just try to tease with smiling and feeling up your body, and playing around with the dildos for now. I am someone who rarely gets nude and I have made even yesterday 4000 token from Lush. If you like to tease, this will be an excellent product for you to use. I recommend. But if you do not feel comfortable with it, then you may need to try more of an interactive show with showcasing your personality and ideas alot and keeping up with it by chatting alot. Best of luck to you! :)

Pros of typing: people who have their sound off will be able to follow the conversation. People who get to the room late can scroll up to read what the conversation you are having is about. You don’t have to repeat yourself if anyone asks what you just said. You don’t have to worry about lag in terms of “did they hear what I said already?”

Pros of voice: they get to follow the room while multitasking.. some people like to watch cams and play video games at the same time so if you talk they are “with you” even when they aren’t looking st their screen. They get to know one more dimension of your persona, if you have a distinctive voice they can become fans of it like they become fans of your body or your face. If you can sing well this is a good thing to showcase. It is more dynamic than typing because you can talk when you move away from the computer so you can tell them things while they see your whole body standing from afar.

Ideally you should do both. Talk to them and key parts of the conversation, questions you ask them, offers, anything crucial you also type in chat after talking. The law of lag makes it so chat travels faster than video. Make sure you talk first and then type otherwise the lag makes it hard to follow.

I understand your concern but people like to hear the voice, the sound of the environments and the sounds of your body too, even if they are kilometers away from you they are looking for a "real" experience.. your room is your company and you are a product, one of the keys to the success of any company is to speak the same language of the client.
try to practice your English is not impossible, the best of luck

Before setting up any goals, for your first hour, try to get a good amount of people in. Only set your goal after the 1st hour or you have a good amount of people so it doesn't discourage people when they see there is alot of tokens left to the goal. Generally for the first hour, it is good to just smile and tease and even greet anyone who comes in. I know some people do not like to be greeted when they come in. So just mostly say hi back to anyone who says hi first. Most important is to keep the thumbnail looking good and keep looking positive. If you ever come across serious or bored, that will not hold their attention. I mostly use the Lovense App in addition to a Goal because it is like killing 2 birds with 1 stone. People tipping for the Lush toy and that adds up tokens towards your goal anyways. I rarely get naked in my free chat, only if someone tip for it or I have a really high tipper I'd like to make congratulate for the day. I also struggle with getting followers. Honestly, I gain like 100 followers a day. But I am private-based on chaturbate and focus alot of Lush interaction. I do not focus on the numbers of people because it just matters what you feel your own success is. I am happy so far with what I have been doing. Only a few days of the week, I tell some stuff about my personality and hobbies with people and I get regulars from that too. I end up getting privates or my goals reached by regulars, even if I have small amount of followers. But yeah, just try to tease with smiling and feeling up your body, and playing around with the dildos for now. I am someone who rarely gets nude and I have made even yesterday 4000 token from Lush. If you like to tease, this will be an excellent product for you to use. I recommend. But if you do not feel comfortable with it, then you may need to try more of an interactive show with showcasing your personality and ideas alot and keeping up with it by chatting alot. Best of luck to you! :)
forgive for being indiscreet, you received 4000 tokens only in a day? I love every time you share a post here, I like to see the girls share what they know

Just my personal opinion but I much prefer rooms where the model talks. I never stay in a room where the model only types because I find it way more boring.

Also I love accents so instead of it being something to be nervous about I would consider it a huge plus point.

Thank you so much! I actually do tease, smile and interact with everybody who chats, especially the first hour without goals, but still I can't get past 20-30 viewers. Sorry for asking so much questions but you usually just sit/lay down the first hour? When I think about it, I tend to move alot And get up and dance 2 quick cause I find it hard to sit still for a long time, maybe that 's a problem:hungover: and yes, I feel I focus 2 much about how many people are in and look at it way to often and that gets me a littlebit unfoucused. But 100 followers a day, doesn't sound bad to me! And congrats on 4000 tk on 1 day!! :DThats very inspiring, and good work! And it's good that the lush has teasing apps aswell cause I just got more confused about what games to use today and switched everything like crazy, and that didn't go well. Now I def got a more idea of to do, so I can relax a little. Thanks again for all the help!!

Pros of typing: people who have their sound off will be able to follow the conversation. People who get to the room late can scroll up to read what the conversation you are having is about. You don’t have to repeat yourself if anyone asks what you just said. You don’t have to worry about lag in terms of “did they hear what I said already?”

Pros of voice: they get to follow the room while multitasking.. some people like to watch cams and play video games at the same time so if you talk they are “with you” even when they aren’t looking st their screen. They get to know one more dimension of your persona, if you have a distinctive voice they can become fans of it like they become fans of your body or your face. If you can sing well this is a good thing to showcase. It is more dynamic than typing because you can talk when you move away from the computer so you can tell them things while they see your whole body standing from afar.

Ideally you should do both. Talk to them and key parts of the conversation, questions you ask them, offers, anything crucial you also type in chat after talking. The law of lag makes it so chat travels faster than video. Make sure you talk first and then type otherwise the lag makes it hard to follow.

Thank you for the advice! I'm gonna start saying a few words next time and type aswell :) getting nervous just thinking about it, but I know it will feel better when I get used to it. I cant really sing, but I can groul cause my voice is a bit dark, but dont think that would be in my most favor in this context haha. Maybe if the room is full of black metal people :p

I understand your concern but people like to hear the voice, the sound of the environments and the sounds of your body too, even if they are kilometers away from you they are looking for a "real" experience.. your room is your company and you are a product, one of the keys to the success of any company is to speak the same language of the client.
try to practice your English is not impossible, the best of luck
Thank you! Im actually saying everything out loud when I type now haha. I've actually started learning English 20 years ago haha crazy to think about! But its different when you dont speak, just read and type, so I get all eeeeeh eeeh like when English tourists ask me for direction or something :p but yes, I need to practice abit to get more comfortable. Talk to myself in English :p

Thank you! Im actually saying everything out loud when I type now haha. I've actually started learning English 20 years ago haha crazy to think about! But its different when you dont speak, just read and type, so I get all eeeeeh eeeh like when English tourists ask me for direction or something :p but yes, I need to practice abit to get more comfortable. Talk to myself in English :p
everything is a matter of losing the shame in front of the public, many kids love the accents so it just stops flowing, everything will be fine

I'm also a non-native speaker and I'm not completely fluent, even though I can usually manage to hold up a conversation. Also I'm quite shy, so I won't ever start chatting by myself for sure or ask questions to the room randomly. But I will always reply out loud when someone is talking to me and a lot of guys said they like to hear my voice. It's true that I personally find it really cute when I hear people trying to speak my language and they are not fluent. So it's not a surprise that it's the same for other people too! I'm getting more and more comfortable though, I can see the difference.

Also something that I noticed, is that it feels like the room really tends to become more lively if I'm having a conversation with at least one person. People will tip more and it flows well.

English is definitely not my first language and specially when I'm masturbating, it's particularly hard speaking it fine. But I don't care, I play the talkative girl because I'm like that. In my room, I try to be myself and sometimes when I'm chatting, I notice i have a great retention in my room, better than when I stay quiet. But that works fine for me at least, I really believe that it's all about the entire package and if the girl is feeling comfortable or not. I don't have much experience so far, I've been camming for 4 days. But, so far so good! I'm building a loyal audience and they're coming back for me daily because they like me as a whole.

Just do what youre more comfortable about and it's definitely gonna work better

• Hugs
Reactions: Adara_raider
Not a model but from a member perspective, I personally don't stay in rooms that are typing only. I understand completely that it might be a bit uncomfortable if English is not your first language, but I've never left a room because someone's English isn't perfect, not ever. I applaud you girls that do your best, it shows a big willingness to keep getting better. In fact I think it's kind of cute :) Use it as a learning opportunity in fact! I have a lot of fun with the girls that are open to learning, they don't get defensive when you offer up little suggestions (our past, current, and future tense words can be a bit confusing lol).

Most people don't type fast enough to keep up with the sometimes 2-3 conversation that might be taking place so it's difficult to know exactly which conversation a model may be responding to. Yes there's members that are horrible about this too, take 5 minutes to respond to a conversation that's already ended and now it's entirely out of context lol. But members don't have the option of talking. Take advantage of it!

When I did it before I had a lot of people saying that they liked how I was talking and interacting with them. They said it was different from all the others they came across. Use your accent as an advantage. I thought me being overweight would be a huge disadvantage but I was looking and I couldn't find many chubby models so I had my own niche audience. My room was always full of people with BBWlover and things like that in their names and in the 13 or so hours total I made about round about £300 (almost $400)

You may be shy about your accent but people might find it really attractive, I know I do. You may find that you might get more regulars. Give it a shot, and good luck!

I'm not a huge talker, and considering most of my cam times may be late at night for me, it'll be hard to talk out loud without waking up the house. I want to get a lovense to make up for that, but I don't know if it's good investment to get now (assuming lovense is really popular/good with tips) or to save up for later.

When we first got back into the game a few weeks ago, I tried to see if there really was a draw to us not talking. However we have found that talking is how we get to know our visitors, how we build repotoire, and learn the quirks and fun facts about our regulars. When I cam solo, at times I’m at a loss for words and don’t really know what to talk about or say... so I just smile. As cheesy as it sounds, when you look across the 25-30 pages of girls staring into a camera, the ones who smile and look genuinely happy are what I’m drawn to. Try talking, those rooms with the sullen faced stoic girls only attract a certain crowd and only for so long. Who cares what your accent sounds like?! You’re a real person with a real voice and the viewers love it no matter what! If you don’t know how to answer the question, simply smile. :shame:

I feel like talking shows more of peoples personality. Don’t be shy about your accent, that might actually be what draws people in! I love it when people have accents. I think they’re so cute!
I'm not a fan of the sound of my voice and mixing up my words/stuttering doesn't help me be confident talking when I don't show my face. :pompous:

Reactions: OohOlivia
I am a naturally introverted person who grew up alone quite a bit of the time. I have always struggled with what to say to carry a conversation. However, I learned as an adult sometimes it's necessary to be able to carry a conversation so that people can get to know you. I personally have worked on a set of questions that I will ask my members.

* How old are you?
*Where are you from?
*How is your day/weekend/night?
*What do you have on your mind?
*How can I help you?

I have learned to ask questions/make comments based on information they have just told me. It is fun to reference a quick story or current event based on what they seem to be interested. Make sure to spread your questions apart so as not to overwhelm the customer. Also, don't be afraid to lie a little ..(The customer may lie a little to you!)..

If the customer seems resistant to carry the conversation don't push it. If you have asked if they need anything and they seem to be loitering that's up to you to do what you want. Also, when in doubt tell them that you love to talk and if they have any questions just ask!

I hope that helps :)

Reactions: Witchessleep
Some top models only type, not talk.

Many top models talk, not type.

Therefore it is possible to succeed with either modality... but if you decide not to talk, be prepared to keep your energy high in the room by using music, dancing, lots of typing conversation, lots of showing off, or interactive toys such as mentioned above. Just sitting there typing occasionally may not be enough to engage the viewers.... although, I’ve also seen that work, too, with models who spend a lot of time online and have good regular customers.

Hey, im just curious about your experiences of talking out loud on cam contra just typing. Do you get get more viewers of talking out loud to the people in your room? I'm from Scandinavia and very shy to talk out loud in English (Yes I got that typical up and down accent haha) but have no problem getting naked on cam. I need to change something in how I do things cause I have so few people in my room and people join and leaving all the time, and I feel I spend so much time just typing and that might get some people to leave..This may sound abit stupid, But I really have no idea what I should say and start of a conversation if I were to speak out loud :muted: + alot of people say I need to get lovense to do well on cb, but I dont feel ready for that yet. But im really tempted cause I get so few followers each time im online..but I have no clue how to start off with that either haha. I'd appreciate all help :kiss:
Also, people like accents.

Adara, these guys love girls with accents, as long as you own it...they will love it! And maybe you can teach them a thing or two! lol Games where they play to guess how to say a word in your language or guess what you mean might be a way to start a conversation and keep the room interested? You got this!!!

• Hugs
Reactions: Adara_raider
Some top models only type, not talk.

Many top models talk, not type.

Therefore it is possible to succeed with either modality... but if you decide not to talk, be prepared to keep your energy high in the room by using music, dancing, lots of typing conversation, lots of showing off, or interactive toys such as mentioned above. Just sitting there typing occasionally may not be enough to engage the viewers.... although, I’ve also seen that work, too, with models who spend a lot of time online and have good regular customers.
Thanks for the advice! Will talk tomorrow when I get back on cam to see how it works

I prefer to talk, and barely type at all. I only type if they ask what song is playing and I tell them and then type it too.
It works better for me because my room is more focused on hanging out and chatting, and then I have a menu and a wheel to spin usually to countdown to goals. Which are usually to remove clothes lol. And then at the end of the night, if I’m up for it I do a group or private show. If I wasn’t talking out loud, people would get bored I think, since my public chat isn’t as visual unless someone tips for something. But of course everyone’s shows are different! This is just my experience.
Maybe you could try both and see what works best for you? But only do what you’re comfortable with.

I prefer to talk, and barely type at all. I only type if they ask what song is playing and I tell them and then type it too.
It works better for me because my room is more focused on hanging out and chatting, and then I have a menu and a wheel to spin usually to countdown to goals. Which are usually to remove clothes lol. And then at the end of the night, if I’m up for it I do a group or private show. If I wasn’t talking out loud, people would get bored I think, since my public chat isn’t as visual unless someone tips for something. But of course everyone’s shows are different! This is just my experience.
Maybe you could try both and see what works best for you? But only do what you’re comfortable with.
Thank you for the advice I actually just talk now cause I eventually got comfortable doing it and it works way better

Status
Not open for further replies.