AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

2019 Laptop Recommendations?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xxlvngdedgrlxx

Cam Model
Sep 18, 2017
Tx
Twitter Username
@xoxosweetpepper
MFC Username
xoxopepper
Streamate Username
xoxopeppersm
Chaturbate Username
xoxopepperxoxo
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1001013339/Xoxopepper/
Clips4Sale URL
https://www.clips4sale.com/studio/124613/xoxopepper
Hey ya'll!

Are any of you techies? I am looking for a new streaming capable wifi laptop that would work for camming! I am an old lady and so behind on tech lingo that I am not sure what I will be looking for ! Ack!

TIA :)

• Helpful!
Reactions: oyabeelovely
What is your budget for your laptop?
By the way, right now isn't really important the hardware of a laptop.
I think that with around 500€ you should take a decent laptop and an external webcam.

Reactions: DoD404
Budget is going to be your biggest determining factor. From there, other considerations such as Windows, Mac or Linux (don't know if Chromebook works).

General rule of thumb I follow is:

-Determine the budget
-Get the best CPU possible within budget (i5 or i7 if Intel)
-Figure out how much memory system comes with, and how much it can be upgraded to. Then, figure out if it's cheaper to buy aftermarket memory, or just max laptop on initial purchase
-Warranty/Service plan

Stick with brands such as ASUS, MSI, Lenovo. HP can be okay, as can Dell.

Add-ons:
External camera
Wireless keyboard and mouse combo (Typically I go with Logitech)

Walmart is dumping their gaming laptop line. My husband got me a replacement laptop a couple weeks ago with the same specs as my PC for $700 two weeks ago. I usually go towards i7s and 16ram. He said he found it listed on slickdeals.net

He has been using it to play Atlas because it is better than his.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Anatomica Doll
I was watching some camgirls on avn and I saw lots of girls using mac, btw 2 of my favourite camgirls use macbook for camming. I know that u can cam with other machines, but I would like to know if mac really really worth the investment???

I'd just invest in a desktop i7 mac with a solid amount of memory and disk space. I bought a Macbook Pro and realized I really only prefer to cam in a desk setup.
Buy yourself an external monitor, a wireless mouse and keyboard, et voilà, you have a desktop system and a laptop that you can pack up and take with you if needed. It also gives you a basic two monitor setup.

Is a Mac worth the investment... in my line of work, yes. The upfront costs are more to buy a Mac but I find the long term amortized costs to be less; the hours spent trying to get shit to work adds up. I spend much less time getting shit to work on Macs that I do on Windows. Your mileage may vary.

Damnnn now i will save money to buy a mac, i just put this in mind ahahhaha sorry for my poor english but what mileage means in our context here? I did google the world but the meaning is not matching ahahah thanks for the advices, luv so much this forum :h:

I have a Henge dock for my Macbook Pro with a bluetooth keyboard and bluetooth mouse plus dual monitors. It's really a set up that I wish I would've condensed and just got their desktop version. I'd rather just have the Mac desktop vs my current set up. I don't cam anywhere but my office and I would have a lot less adapters as my old monitors are traditional plugs not the USB C plugs. A Mac desktop is a monitor with a computer. So much cleaner, simple, and more functional.

I have a HP Omen Laptop with a core i7 processor w/ CPU @ 2.8gHz , 8GB RAM, gforce GTX 1050ti video card, and 1 terabyte HD. It's amaaaaazing. I can stream 1080p ultra HD on two instances of OBS with 2 different webcams AND game at the same time no problem.
You can find one on Amazon for $1100 or less if you can find a refurbished one. I go thru a rent-to-own type place like Rent-a-Center or Aaron's and only pay $140 a month.

I also have a Logitech wireless keyboard and mouse, and a 21 inch external monitor(don't remember what brand, it was cheap ha). I don't always use the external monitor but it does come in handy when I'm splitcamming or gaming and camming.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Lelo1 and NaomiNyx
I have never ever had a MacBook before and am definitely weighing my options. Currently using a desktop because I found one with awesome specs for dirt cheap, but regretting it now BC flexibility. I hate being confined to wherever the desktop is and moving it is a pain. ANYways, my question is how are the webcams that come with it? Would it work if I wanted to stream off both that and my Logitech cam? I use OBS currently on windows, but I read that obs doesn't work on Apple products so now I have to do more homework.
I guess I'm just wondering if anyone regrets their purchase of a MacBook

Reactions: lola_dolla
I have never ever had a MacBook before and am definitely weighing my options. Currently using a desktop because I found one with awesome specs for dirt cheap, but regretting it now BC flexibility. I hate being confined to wherever the desktop is and moving it is a pain. ANYways, my question is how are the webcams that come with it? Would it work if I wanted to stream off both that and my Logitech cam? I use OBS currently on windows, but I read that obs doesn't work on Apple products so now I have to do more homework.

Get a MacBook Pro with high storage and then a henge stone dock to replace all the usb ports/ethernet ports/display ports. I used ManyCam to support multiple cams but it was too much of a memory drain. Other ladies might have better solutions for multicams on a Mac. I thought I'd cam more with a laptop but I rarely do shower shows etc. I got a high end camcorder to film. Way better quality than any cam could produce.

Built-in webcams are low quality across the board. I honestly think manufacturers should just stop putting them in altogether, they're not worth it.

Reactions: sexyvanessa4u
Built-in webcams are low quality across the board. I honestly think manufacturers should just stop putting them in altogether, they're not worth it.
Awesome, thanks for the info. :) thought mac might be ahead of the game, they brag enough about the iphone camera lol

Get a MacBook Pro with high storage and then a henge stone dock to replace all the usb ports/ethernet ports/display ports. I used ManyCam to support multiple cams but it was too much of a memory drain. Other ladies might have better solutions for multicams on a Mac. I thought I'd cam more with a laptop but I rarely do shower shows etc. I got a high end camcorder to film. Way better quality than any cam could produce.
Great, do you know what years can handle it? I'll probably end up buying something used, I'm guessing anything 2015 and later? THANK YOU ❤

I have a HP Omen Laptop with a core i7 processor w/ CPU @ 2.8gHz , 8GB RAM, gforce GTX 1050ti video card, and 1 terabyte HD. It's amaaaaazing. I can stream 1080p ultra HD on two instances of OBS with 2 different webcams AND game at the same time no problem.
You can find one on Amazon for $1100 or less if you can find a refurbished one. I go thru a rent-to-own type place like Rent-a-Center or Aaron's and only pay $140 a month.
Hello! are you still using this HP laptop and is it still good streaming on MFC? I am looking to get another HP but wanted to know if HP is even great really with MFC.

This actually spoke to me 😭 I'm in the market for something and I currently have an early 2015 MacBook
I feel like the cliche target that wants the "pretty laptop" hahahah
You might want to wait a bit longer before getting anything new, prices are higher than they would normally be at the moment because of COVID-19.

You might want to wait a bit longer before getting anything new, prices are higher than they would normally be at the moment because of COVID-19.
Really? I feel like in my area things are actually a lot cheaper than normally would be. But then again I haven’t checked the prices too much for laptops before or after the whole pandemic.

Really? I feel like in my area things are actually a lot cheaper than normally would be. But then again I haven’t checked the prices too much for laptops before or after the whole pandemic.
Demand has increased a lot because of self quarantines and the rising number of people who are working from home, so prices have gone up quite a bit. That the majority of PC components are produced in China aren't exactly helping either.

But ... if you need a new computer, I guess you need it now. No telling how long it will take before prices get back to normal.

Macs cost more or less the same no matter when or where you buy them ...

Demand has increased a lot because of self quarantines and the rising number of people who are working from home, so prices have gone up quite a bit. That the majority of PC components are produced in China aren't exactly helping either.

But ... if you need a new computer, I guess you need it now. No telling how long it will take before prices get back to normal.

Macs cost more or less the same no matter when or where you buy them ...

That makes complete sense, thanks! Yeah when I mentioned things costing less in my area, its mainly housing/airbnb dropped like crazy and same with vehicles.

Reactions: CheeseMoon
Status
Not open for further replies.