AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

50% of Sales REFUNDED on AVN Stars (clipstore)

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone else experiencing this?

I have recently signed up to AVN Stars and have been uploading my 400+ video collection. In my earnings tab I currently have 8 sales- 4 of which as already been refunded!

I have contacted AVN Stars after the very first refund as they don't tell you why the video was refunded and I wanted to make sure there were no issues on my end with the video being refunded. They stated it was a credit card refund, which was fraudulent, and stated they have removed the user from AVN Stars. You can see that the first refund buyer is shown as "Deleted," however all the other refunds still have active users. I have contacted AVN Stars support again and I'm waiting a response.

Now sitting at 50% of my sales refunded in full makes me extremely nervous to continue uploading content to my AVN Stars clip store. Are these spoof accounts? Are they buying to simply refund and upload online to make profit? I know this is not normal because of how many clip sites I work on and the only refunds I've ever gotten were from dupe sales or actual issues regarding my uploaded video (EX: uploaded wrong video to go with the teaser/thumbnail accidentally).

Thoughts? Experiences? Should I remove all my videos and stay away? They seem to have high traffic, which I like, but 50% refund ratio is bonkers to me!

Attachments

• b.jpg
    b.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 33
I recently signed for them too , and from all the tips that i recived in my live shows a total of 60 dollars all refunded !

Thats very very annoying !

I asked explination to the support too and waiting to see what they will say !

If this is the norm then sorry but i will definatelly delete my account there because i refuse to work for free !

And yeah i already got my response :

AVN Stars Support (AVN Media Network)

Aug 9, 2021, 20:19 PDT

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to AVN Stars support, AVN Stars did not reverse these transactions the users transactions were refunded by our payment processor as the user has committed fraudulent acts.

The funds from these transactions are not available for withdrawal. The user that paid these funds is actively trying to commit illegal acts through AVN Stars. This user has been removed and banned from AVN Stars.

If they come back and/or try to contact you again, in the interest of protecting the entire AVN Stars Community we ask that you please let us know immediately so we can take immediate action to protect you and our community from further reversals.

Thank You

Now i will have to decide how to procede further , because i like the site but................

Yes, that was my same response from AVN support.

The fact that this just doesn't happen nearly as often on other sites... it feels very corrupt tbh. And I get more traffic and more sales on other clip sites where my hard work simply does not get refunded. Ever. Only a couple times on C4S for dupe purchase and once on ManyVids for dupe purchase. Maybe less than 3% of my sales on those clip sites. But 50% of sales being refunded is redonk.

Yes, that was my same response from AVN support.

The fact that this just doesn't happen nearly as often on other sites... it feels very corrupt tbh. And I get more traffic and more sales on other clip sites where my hard work simply does not get refunded. Ever. Only a couple times on C4S for dupe purchase and once on ManyVids for dupe purchase. Maybe less than 3% of my sales on those clip sites. But 50% of sales being refunded is redonk.
Yes i totally agree !

In my case were all sales !

very very disapointing !

I think i will delete my account with them and concentrate on manyvids and fancentro to grow them up .

I thought AVN had chargeback protection?? That was why I was going to use them over Onlyfans!
Bad response from support. Sorry this happened to you.

you know , i actually dont belive a crap that its an true chargeback due flaudurent activity

because the member tipped and then imediatelly after he go what he wanted , i got chargeback !! Thats totally impossible! real chargebacks take 2 working days to be processed by the banks!

I instead think otherwise : members pay , get what they want then complain that they wanted something else and the site give the member the money back without questioning and put in the ass of the model !

Exactly. I'm on tons of clip sites and AVN clips is the first I've heard of zero chargeback protection. They're profiting off of this, most likely...

I don't know if its a similar scenario or not but didn't manyvids have something like a live fraud detection where they would refund the customer same day and then say it wasn't eligible for chargeback protection because its not considered a chargeback? I could have swore I read something about that a while back perhaps its a similar situation? though this is a ridiculously high percentage.

I don't know if its a similar scenario or not but didn't manyvids have something like a live fraud detection where they would refund the customer same day and then say it wasn't eligible for chargeback protection because its not considered a chargeback? I could have swore I read something about that a while back perhaps its a similar situation? though this is a ridiculously high percentage.

I have sold literally thousands of videos on ManyVids on my newest account, which I've had for right about two and a half years now. In that time and out of thousands of videos sold, I have had all of one video refunded. And that was because there was an actual, legitimate site glitch at the time and the glitch made the purchase go through three times. They only refunded and adjusted my earnings for one of the purchases instead of both the extra ones. And, they sent me an email with the user's name and told me exactly what had happened.

So, I'm not sure about that live fraud detection stuff, but I will say that out of all the sites I sell clips on, ManyVids is hands down the best when it comes to chargebacks, or lack thereof.

So I don't represent AVN but can try to shed some insight into this. These weren't refunds, but fraudulent credit card purchases It has nothing to do with AVN deciding to give the customer their money back. When sales are refunded, it's either a fraudulent purchase or a chargeback initiated by the customer via his bank. I think there was a string of days where one person in particular had made a few accounts and bought a bunch of clips before they realized it was not his card. This is just what I am assuming based on the info I've pieced together. I haven't since heard of any other issues since this one instance that happened a few weeks ago. Also I've had my account for over a year, half a million dollars in payouts and only one charge back for around $8. I've had a number of chargebacks/fraud purchases on clips4sale, none on IWC ( because of their chargeback protection but they also take 20 more % on clips). I don't have any reason to think this is a major issue with the platform in general and I have to assume they have beefed up their fraud protection a bit since this instance. I did talk to AVN and they told me they have banned the card/person who was doing this. To me, the risk of a refund is worth it considering it was an isolated incident and they payout higher than anyone else for clips.

The funny thing is is that I haven't made a single sale since those refunds, yet I got all 8 of those "sales" when I just signed up and started posting vids. Fishy.

And yeah i already got my response :

AVN Stars Support (AVN Media Network)

Aug 9, 2021, 20:19 PDT

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to AVN Stars support, AVN Stars did not reverse these transactions the users transactions were refunded by our payment processor as the user has committed fraudulent acts.

The funds from these transactions are not available for withdrawal. The user that paid these funds is actively trying to commit illegal acts through AVN Stars. This user has been removed and banned from AVN Stars.

If they come back and/or try to contact you again, in the interest of protecting the entire AVN Stars Community we ask that you please let us know immediately so we can take immediate action to protect you and our community from further reversals.

Thank You

Now i will have to decide how to procede further , because i like the site but................
How I’m going to know the person. They can easily change the user name etc !!! This companies are really teribble
Onlyfans , fancentro Happened to me
Onlyfans 320 dollars refunded.
Fancentro 180 dollars
And basically they say there is nothing d

I just saw on Twitter some girl had $1300 refunded on there. It’s a shame I was really looking forward to using the site. Hopefully they one day review their chargeback protection policy otherwise it doesn’t seem worth investing so much time in there if fraudulent activities are so commonplace.

I just received my first sale, which just so "happens" to be a refund since over 1 month. Yup. I'm officially removing my content from AVN & calling it quitsies. :/

a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.