AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

.6 Token Package

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
nzhere said:
I think guys on 50000 reward points get 5 cent tokens.

Impossible, the model/studio end gets 5c per, MFC takes it's cut on whatever the tokens sell for above that amount. Not only would MFC be working for free, but they'd be doing it for the customers who buy the most - that would be cuckoo.

Anyway a friend of mine has 60k odd points and we were discussing token prices per package and I can't remember exactly the amount he said but it was no lower than 7.5c per

Jupiter551 said:
nzhere said:

Impossible, the model/studio end gets 5c per, MFC takes it's cut on whatever the tokens sell for above that amount. Not only would MFC be working for free, but they'd be doing it for the customers who buy the most - that would be cuckoo.

Anyway a friend of mine has 60k odd points and we were discussing token prices per package and I can't remember exactly the amount he said but it was no lower than 7.5c per

Your friend should talk to mfc about that :whistle:

Well no matter what, the model's payout is 5c per, so MFC gets whatever it is over 5c. If you do the maths, the difference between buying 900 tokens and buying 3775 for instance is around 0.2c per token or something.

nzhere said:
Jupiter551 said:
nzhere said:

Your friend should talk to mfc about that :whistle:
nz, that just makes you sound silly. While I could possibly believe there may have been single transactions for less than 7.3 cents arranged for big spenders, most likely those using bank transfers or something guaranteed, it would NOT make sense for anyone over a certain amount of reward points to get them at cost. I've known at least 3 people who are well over 50k rp, and highly doubt those folks were getting them at a better rate, or they probably would have at least hinted at it to me.

nzhere said:

I can confirm that is not true. At least I do not have that option. Best I have is the 7575 package others have talked about.

A few days ago my MFC platinum premium account went up one tier to the highest level (to be able to buy the 7575 token package, and store 200,000 tokens). But the strange thing is I also have an unconnected basic account which has shot up to the same level. Surely there must be some glitch in the system for that to happen. Has this happened to anybody else?

nzhere said:
That eliminates profit margins on their highest-paying customers... I can't imagine that's a constant deal if it exists at all.

I have 6,808 reward points. Not a ton, I guess, but just so we're keeping track: I only have access to $299 for 3,775 tokens / 9 purchases per day / 100,000 token storage limit.

jazzy242 said:
A few days ago my MFC platinum premium account went up one tier to the highest level (to be able to buy the 7575 token package, and store 200,000 tokens). But the strange thing is I also have an unconnected basic account which has shot up to the same level. Surely there must be some glitch in the system for that to happen. Has this happened to anybody else?

Did you use the same email address for both your premium and basic account? I have several accounts and when I use the same e-mail to register all my purchase options are available to me.

lurkylurk said:
jazzy242 said:

Did you use the same email address for both your premium and basic account? I have several accounts and when I use the same e-mail to register all my purchase options are available to me.

A good point. But now I've checked, they are different email addresses. But this has only happened in the last few days. Previously the max token package I could buy on my basic account was 900 - now it's 7575 (same as my premium account).

jazzy242 said:
lurkylurk said:
jazzy242 said:

A good point. But now I've checked, they are different email addresses. But this has only happened in the last few days. Previously the max token package I could buy on my basic account was 900 - now it's 7575 (same as my premium account).

Maybe it goes by IP?

also.. the thought of having 200 000 tokens to spend makes me dribble on myself. oh the perving I would do. ohhhhh boy. :toothy2:

LilyPink said:
Keithy said:
I only have 20 RPs because I am cheap.

I'm cheap too. I don't have lots of reward points but love using my BAF link :D

Guys spending so much on tokens makes my mind boggle.. how can they justify this type of spending when they do their banking, budgeting etc. I can't make sense of it but I'm not complaining :dance:

Their emotional/sexual 'wants' become 'needs' - a psychological compulsion to save money for the model in order to create happiness. Indeed, a majority of us are affected by the poor economic conditions, but there are some exceptions and they're most certainly not excluded from MFC.

I've noticed the same for my purchasing limits. I think it's either done through IP, or tracking cookies.

jazzy242 said:

Kinda weird to have a purchase limit on a basic account anyway. Like assigning someone a credit card limit before they even apply for a card.

I just saw 'Posie' get a 160,000 tip ... wonder what his price per token was ?

upgrayedd said:
If the absolute limit is 200,000, how were there single tips of 260K and upwards of 422K?

Even if the token storage feature let you store 200K in addition to 200K in normal tokens, where did the extra 22,000 tokens and change come from(which by itself makes my biggest tip ever look puny)?

[rant] Megatippers: The species of MFC user I loathe more than basics.[/rant]
My theory:
The default "automated" packages and storage limits can be circumvented manually by admins for premiums who want to buy really large numbers of tokens via a bank transfer.

As for all of the suggestions that more RP = bigger token packages, I call BS. To quote myself...
Mirra said:
All I know is I bought the 900 token package about 4 times in a month and the 1875 package opened up. I bought that one 3 times in about 60 days and the next one up opened up. I've never bought the 3775 package and actually have purchased smaller packages recently and the 3775 package has disappeared as an option for me.
That was some time ago and I now have more RP than then (9507 if anyone cares for comparison purposes). The 1875 package is still available but the 3775 hasn't returned yet and my purchase limit is 8 and my storage limit is at 60,000.

As for the mega tippers thing... I personally wish I could be in their shoes. There are a few girls I think it would be fun to lay over 100k on... though I imagined I'd need to have some of them sit down first. :lol:

Reactions: AmberCutie
SoTxBob said:
I just saw 'Posie' get a 160,000 tip ... wonder what his price per token was ?

I looked in Posie's room yesterday. She seems like a sweetheart, she's beautiful, and she's very good at teasing the guys.

Also, her house is very nice!

Her room had a blue light and a fireplace behind her. I've been in her room a few times before, and guys drop large tips on her a lot. I think she said her largest tip ever had been 33,333 tokens.

Mirra said:
My theory: The default "automated" packages and storage limits can be circumvented manually by admins for premiums who want to buy really large numbers of tokens via a bank transfer.
Yep, that's the most likely explanation. What kind of business would turn down extra cash?! But I guess they do need an official spending limit for liability reasons.

Mirra said:
(snip)...As for the mega tippers thing... I personally wish I could be in their shoes. There are a few girls I think it would be fun to lay over 100k on... though I imagined I'd need to have some of them sit down first. :lol:
[OT]
Obviously, I can't just blanket state that all megatippers are egotistical, narcissist douches, or even that most are....but what I can say is the ones I've come across do fit that description.

Only last week, I was in a room where everyone was having a blast - people were tipping for music requests, people were tipping for shots, people were tipping just to tip, as well as tipping for a nakie lotion show countdown. When the countdown(which was 3000) was reached, the model had just barely got her top undone and then....BAM! She received a 3000 token tip which requested she stay clothed, to which she obliged. This went over surprisingly well. The vibe in the room was still great and there was great dialogue and most everyone laughed it off(except for maybe one or two guys, who stormed out). After a few minutes, the model put up another countdown..this time 1500 for nakie show. The requisite number of tips rolled in and she recommenced the show. After about a minute....a 1500 token tip from the same guy with a public tip note of "CLOTHES BACK ON" (in all caps no less). This time no one was amused, not even the model - who continued the show. Given a choice of either pacifying a potential golden goose or keeping her room and regulars happy...she opted for the latter. My kind of model. Yay!

Giving discounts to customers who buy frequently and in huge amounts makes sense - to a point.
The only point to doing this though was the theory that these guys spend so many tokens that it's worth selling for slightly less so they keep buying - but that doesn't work if you're only making 1c per token! Ridiculous.

The difference between buying the 7575 token package and the 900 token package is less than half a cent ($0.0042) per token. The bulk discount is eye-candy - it always looks like a better deal than it is so that it ends up causing members to buy more tokens (aka spend more money) than they otherwise would have. It's not saving you anything if it's encouraging you to buy more than you would otherwise.

That said, there's a fine line between coaxing members to buy in bulk by offering small discounts, and allowing their highest spending customers to rape their profit margins - they're too canny to do that.

There's no chance in hell they would jump from 7.9c per token (7575 package) down to 6c for 24k!!!

You know what the "savings" you get by buying 7575 tokens at a time vs 900? $39. Huge saving right?

If you're super-disciplined and will continue to tip at the same rate you would if you were buying tokens every couple of weeks then you saved money. If you're like most of us and tip more because you have more, you probly just spent an extra $500 that you otherwise wouldn't have.

upgrayedd said:
Only last week, I was in a room where everyone was having a blast - people were tipping for music requests, people were tipping for shots, people were tipping just to tip, as well as tipping for a nakie lotion show countdown. When the countdown(which was 3000) was reached, the model had just barely got her top undone and then....BAM! She received a 3000 token tip which requested she stay clothed, to which she obliged. This went over surprisingly well. The vibe in the room was still great and there was great dialogue and most everyone laughed it off(except for maybe one or two guys, who stormed out). After a few minutes, the model put up another countdown..this time 1500 for nakie show. The requisite number of tips rolled in and she recommenced the show. After about a minute....a 1500 token tip from the same guy with a public tip note of "CLOTHES BACK ON" (in all caps no less). This time no one was amused, not even the model - who continued the show. Given a choice of either pacifying a potential golden goose or keeping her room and regulars happy...she opted for the latter. My kind of model. Yay!

lol.. I think I know him... :lol: He runs a handful of nics and is indeed a bit of a child that loves to control via his cash. Some rooms he's very vocal and some he's quiet as a mouse, tipping 'behind the curtain' or as annon.
That said, I've done the same thing a few times when the majority of the room doesn't participate at all but 'demands' rudely ...

Jupiter551 said:
You know what the "savings" you get by buying 7575 tokens at a time vs 900? $39. Huge saving right?

If you're super-disciplined and will continue to tip at the same rate you would if you were buying tokens every couple of weeks then you saved money. If you're like most of us and tip more because you have more, you probly just spent an extra $500 that you otherwise wouldn't have.

I agree 100%. But lately when I'm buying tokens, I always convince myself to get the 1875(75 free tokens against 900) or the 3775(175 free tokens against 900) token package, with the logic that "I'm gonna eventually spend that much anyways - may as well get a few free tokens!" What invariably happens is no matter what package I get, I spend it....like...now. So like Jupiter said above, all I'm doing is spending more without saving very much. Classic case of out-smarting myself.

SoTxBob said:
upgrayedd said:

lol.. I think I know him... :lol: He runs a handful of nics and is indeed a bit of a child that loves to control via his cash. Some rooms he's very vocal and some he's quiet as a mouse, tipping 'behind the curtain' or as annon.
That said, I've done the same thing a few times when the majority of the room doesn't participate at all but 'demands' rudely ...
Yeah, thankfully some models realise that antisocial is antisocial, even if he is spending money - unless he's planning to be her permanent sugar-daddy this kind of stuff is a double-edged sword.

I'd been hoping a thread like this would pop up at some stage, token pricing and how MFC make their money will always be a fierce topic as no one really knows how it works. Leo is very secretive on the logistics of MFC, so people are forced to dig for their information.

Personally I'd like it if they're just release the cam score calculating information to the models and kept it clean, but I know that'd never happen, as both model would try to work the system, and MFC couldn't use their dodgy business tactics and change it as their needs change.

Onto my original meaning for this post, a while ago I stumbled across a forum post whilst googling up some MFC related terms. A guy was selling tokens for ridiculously cheap prices (can't remember exact), was something like $20 for 550 and $50 for 2200 tokens, I didn't question how it was being done at the time, I just rolled with it and made a paypal transaction.

I made a small purchase at first in case it was a scam, couple days later, I was given a premium account login details and told to use the tokens within a certain amount of time. I transferred to my account (bad idea). Long story short, I told other members when I shouldnt have, greed took over, and MFC closed the security hole. If it was still running, I'd still buy tokens at that rate.

The cam score is already figured out for a while now, its 370 token/hour average for every 1,000 in camscore.

I don't know why Leo has to be so secretive of owning a cam site, Livejasmin's owner has appeared on music videos

at 1:48 its LJ's owner

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULZbwEQiRHA

As for lowest token package its actually $.079999 or something not $.08, but unless you buy a million tokens you wont notice anything on bank statement.

vlad.mazare said:
The cam score is already figured out for a while now, its 370 token/hour average for every 1,000 in camscore.

I don't understand why you would post this. Does it make sense to you? If it doesn't make sense to you, it's probably not going to make sense to anyone else either.

Swirl said:
vlad.mazare said:

I don't understand why you would post this. Does it make sense to you? If it doesn't make sense to you, it's probably not going to make sense to anyone else either.

Other than his number being a little off, he's absolutely right. But the actual number of tokens/hour for the 1000 camscore varies every hour. It's almost always somewhere between 350 and 450 tokens per hour.

LadyLuna said:
Swirl said:
vlad.mazare said:

Other than his number being a little off, he's absolutely right. But the actual number of tokens/hour for the 1000 camscore varies every hour. It's almost always somewhere between 350 and 450 tokens per hour.

yup, not sure where he got the info from... I'm guessing it was from another model on acf, I personally don't remotely care who knows my hourly income, but I do know a lot of models on here have not wanted the rate to be known by members.

Like Luna said, the number changes all the time, it's something to do with the average camscore, or something like that. But the formula is relatively solid. And yes it is information that I believe all models should have access to. I am cool with members not knowing it though as a lot of members are already far too nosy when it comes to camgirls/the business/how much we earn.

As for the token thing... I have absolutely no idea what that was about. I will only assume it was someone with a stolen credit card or something similar legitimising the money through paypal as member were sending them the money. So technically the credit card would have been losing money, then I'm guessing mfc found out about it, and Mfc possibly didn't make anything at all from all those tokens sold as they might have been charged back. I have no idea really, but that is my only guess.

And yes to second Rose, they are literally just rumours. It is a shame mfc doesn't have an even higher token package, say for 0.07cents a token seeing as some guys buy some crazy big token packages. It would encourage guys to buy and tip more. These are guys who spend millions of tokens each year and are still on the same rates as everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.