AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

A Music Sub Forum?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 18, 2011
Anglais
So, like, you know how there's already sub forums for Video Games and TV and Movies? Would it be worth it to maybe get a Music one up in this hizzy? Would people post in it (besides me)?. A music forum could give a home to discussions on what music we're listening to, top five lists, album reviews, release dates for albums we're looking forward to, recommendations, and crucially... Kate Bush worship! Seriously...

Has there ever been anyone more perfect than Kate? I mean, listen to this...

It's kind of aching in its beauty, no? The way that piano phrase loops and folds in on the synths and then the whole thing gets washed away by the strings with only Bush's vocals left behind... it's enough to bring tears to your eyes (your eyes... not mine...). And look, she re-recorded it earlier this year!

Its beauty isn't as immediate or as obvious as the original, but it's there. And Bush gets extra points for crafting something so different, so at odds with its namesake. Gone is the "heart on its sleeve" immediacy of the original, gone is the dense tapestry of pretty piano keys and lush strings; in their place is a song that is sophisticated, sparse, and modern. There's this subtle kinda catharsis, creeping towards fruition throughout the whole thing, that never quite gets there - it just kinda gets stuck under this shimmering blanket of ethereal noise before being silenced by the song ending and... it's just great.

And while she didn't really ever tour, when she DID play live, it was generally pretty awesome. Look! It's Dave Gilmour!

The way she sings the word "throw" in "Hounds of Love" stirs something primal in me..

Even when she was being all weird and stuff, the talent was undeniable. She was 19 when she wrote "Wuthering Heights". That sense of composition, of melody, and filtered through THAT voice... she was one talented teenager.

And! She's responsible for maybe the best acceptance speech ever!

"Ooh, I've cum"

So, um... yeah. I guess what I'm saying is, next time someone gets bored and decides to guff out a load of meandering bollocks about Kate Bush, it could be kinda cool to have a dedicated forum to post it in :)

I will work on that as soon as I can! I think there's already a handful of threads I could move into it. But this week is a little nuts for me, so soon, I promise! :)

And great suggestion. :thumbleft:

AmberCutie said:
I will work on that as soon as I can! I think there's already a handful of threads I could move into it. But this week is a little nuts for me, so soon, I promise! :)

And great suggestion. :thumbleft:

Amazing! Amazing! Thank you so much, Amber =D

And here it is! Included "videos" in the sub forum as well. Anyone who runs across a video on the net and finds it interesting, it should be posted here! :)

I knew a girl (barmaid) in Darwin who was the spitting image of Kate. When I mentioned it to her she had no idea who I was talking about and when I showed her she didn't see the resemblance until she had a professional photo shoot done, then it was like WOW, twins. The photographer obviously saw what I did.

SirLes said:
I knew a girl (barmaid) in Darwin who was the spitting image of Kate. When I mentioned it to her she had no idea who I was talking about and when I showed her she didn't see the resemblance until she had a professional photo shoot done, then it was like WOW, twins. The photographer obviously saw what I did.
:think:

AmberCutie said:
SirLes said:
As much as I would have liked it nothing ever happened between us other that good friends. She was looking for something I wasn't prepared to offer and anyway I was dating her friend. The funny thing is when my girlfriend was in Austria we went out on the drink one night and I ended up back at hers in bed with her and she came onto me but I stayed true to the girlfriend. Secretly in the back of my mind was the whole "is this a test thing", lol.
I split up with the Austrian girl 3 weeks after she got back :icon-cry:

SirLes said:
AmberCutie said:
SirLes said:
As much as I would have liked it nothing ever happened between us other that good friends. She was looking for something I wasn't prepared to offer and anyway I was dating her friend. The funny thing is when my girlfriend was in Austria we went out on the drink one night and I ended up back at hers in bed with her and she came onto me but I stayed true to the girlfriend. Secretly in the back of my mind was the whole "is this a test thing", lol.
I did the scratchy face because I have no idea why this was posted in the thread about a music sub forum. But now I see there are videos above about a person named Kate. Sorry I was just thrown for a loop, lol.

AmberCutie said:
SirLes said:
AmberCutie said:
SirLes said:
I did the scratchy face because I have no idea why this was posted in the thread about a music sub forum. But now I see there are videos above about a person named Kate. Sorry I was just thrown for a loop, lol.
Oh well, bought back some nice memories for me anyway. :dance:

Yep. Thanks Amber. Music deserves its own place. In light of that: You Rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mynameisbob84 said:
Has there ever been anyone more perfect than Kate?
/quote]

No, I think that she sets a benchmark for creativity that most artists will never meet. On top of that adds her incredible dancing to her songs which give them even more depth.

mynameisbob84 said:
Even when she was being all weird and stuff, the talent was undeniable. She was 19 when she wrote "Wuthering Heights". That sense of composition, of melody, and filtered through THAT voice... she was one talented teenager.
/quote]

She wrote "The man with the child in his eyes" when she was 13 and recorded it at 16, such a mature song written by such a young woman.

Status
Not open for further replies.