AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

About Social Media

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 19, 2018
Hi, I've seldom used social media but read that it's a good way to build and retain an audience as a webcam model. If I get a Twitter or Snapchat account, what kind of stuff should I be posting on there?

I've also seen some models charge tokens for following/watching them on social media. How is this enforced?

I enjoy interacting with models via social media. As far as what to post...those people that would follow your shows are interested in the content of those shows so that’s a good starting place. I think most people that buy Snapchat expect pictures...ymmv.
For twitter it’s nice to show that you are going to have a show/subject of the show/ and whatever you are comfortable sharing. I know I don’t always check my cam pages to see what models are online but I check twitter pretty often.
To enforce the purchase to see it’s pretty simple. Have them send their snap name with the for you to add them. Same thing for twitter and set your profile options to private. If you don’t add them they cannot see the content of your profile or send messages.

I have a free Snapchat story so I can update when I’ll be on or if I’m sick and I can’t cam. I’ll post about my day or cats and such. So I keep my story pretty tame that way they might be interested in getting a premium snap subscription from me.
For my premium I just add them as a friend and send little teases. Like sexy selfie or a little vid of my flashing or something.

As for Twitter, I’m still figuring out that one for myself lol.

I enjoy interacting with models via social media. As far as what to post...those people that would follow your shows are interested in the content of those shows so that’s a good starting place. I think most people that buy Snapchat expect pictures...ymmv.
For twitter it’s nice to show that you are going to have a show/subject of the show/ and whatever you are comfortable sharing. I know I don’t always check my cam pages to see what models are online but I check twitter pretty often.
To enforce the purchase to see it’s pretty simple. Have them send their snap name with the for you to add them. Same thing for twitter and set your profile options to private. If you don’t add them they cannot see the content of your profile or send messages.

Thanks for the advice!

I have a free Snapchat story so I can update when I’ll be on or if I’m sick and I can’t cam. I’ll post about my day or cats and such. So I keep my story pretty tame that way they might be interested in getting a premium snap subscription from me.
For my premium I just add them as a friend and send little teases. Like sexy selfie or a little vid of my flashing or something.

I see. I'll keep that in mind.

And then only send the link to someone once given said tokens?

most social media has an option to make it friends only or a locked account. For snapchat, you make your story 'friends only' and then add back people who have paid. For Twitter, instagram etc these all have options for locked accounts so you just only allow those who have paid to follow you

• Helpful!
Reactions: yummybrownfox
Hi, I've seldom used social media but read that it's a good way to build and retain an audience as a webcam model. If I get a Twitter or Snapchat account, what kind of stuff should I be posting on there?

I've also seen some models charge tokens for following/watching them on social media. How is this enforced?

Definitely post on your twitter (and public or private snapchat if you have one) a timeframe you expect to be online, and then when you will be. Talk about things you're doing for your camming, such as games you're planning, videos you're making, photo shoots that are upcoming, BTS photos and vids and such.

If your snapchat is PUBLIC, definitely do NOT post nudes because you will get reported and removed eventually. However, as a private snapchat that is paid for, nood it up! There are multiple services that you can sign up for that monitor the new fans and pay you as they pay the app, however you can also just monitor yourself. Charge whatever tokens/coins you want for a lifetime membership or a monthly, and what you can easily do is change their username in snapchat to what their username on the site is, and add in parenthesis when their subscription expires. When they are close to expiration, send them a little pic/vid to remind them that they need to renew it!

On twitter and instagram, definitely post sexy pics, but be sure to blur out the naughty bits or wear things that look great, but instagram will ban you for almost anything, twitter is much more lenient (though in your twitter avatar and header be SURE there is no nudity or they will temporarily ban your account, sometimes permanently, or until you fix it).

Polls on twitter are also a fun way to get people involved in a conversation. As far as charging for following on twitter, I personally don't charge to follow back, I just follow those that I enjoy seeing/talking to. If you leave your twitter public, it's also easier to gain a following, and use all the trending hashtags you can before twitter decides to shadowban you. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.