AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Academic Research on Cam Model Community- need authentic insight

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 30, 2018
Hello to my fellow cam models!

I have been a cam model since July, still fresh and learning the ropes. One of the most pleasantly surprising things about joining this industry is how supportive and encouraging fellow cam models are who I have encountered on the internet and in person. I expected much more of a catty and competitive vibe, but am so grateful thats not how it really is.

I am also a student studying for my master's in clinical social work, with the end goal of running a private therapy practice, focused on sex therapy.

For one of my courses, I must research and write a ten page paper on a community of which I am a part of. The cam model community came instantly to mind, so here I am trying to network, connect, collect data and find some leads for publications or articles relevant to this subject.

I am exploring the strengths and weaknesses of the cam model community as a whole, on various levels.
For the cam model community, what are:

Strengths?

Weaknesses?

Opportunities?

Threats?

Please share with me (if you are comfortable) how your identity/work as a cam model has played out in relation to various structures in life:

Education

Employment

Faith Institutions (church)

Health Services (physical and/or mental)

Social Services

Recreation

Patriarchy

and/or...

Please share experiences you've had with:

Exploitation

Marginalization

Powerlessness

Cultural Imperialism (being devalued, isolated and not supported as someone outside of dominant norms of lifestyle/career)

Violence/Threat of Violence

I know this is a lot, so please feel free to only choose one or a few sections to reply to if you're interested in taking part in this. The more answers and info I get, the better!

As part of a long term goal, I would like to normalize and strive to take shame out of sex work in the broader social arena. I believe the voices of sex-workers should be heard and validated and would like to write this and other pieces to publish and make accessible to the general population.

Also, feel free to e-mail me at: hollylarsen1994@gmail.com

Thank you!

This is a lot to ask in the public section of the site. Get verified pretty easy if you have been camming since July. And post in the private areas

Seems like if the goal is for you to write about a community that you are a part of, most of this information should be gathered through your own involvement and interactions. Soliciting an open forum runs a little counter to that.
This is a very valid point. If she’s part of the community shed already have a lot of info on this, and have others to ask... in private.

To avoid double posting
I looked at you cmd and profiles, it doesn’t look like you are very established. Looks like you made pages for research.

I looked at you cmd and profiles, it doesn’t look like you are very established. Looks like you made pages for research.

Eek I hope that isn't the case.

Great to get a first person experience by trying out, but if it's to be a sheep in wolf clothing, yikes.

Eek I hope that isn't the case.

Great to get a first person experience by trying out, but if it's to be a sheep in wolf clothing, yikes.
Just to be fair and clear, I really wanted to see what she is researching. I was basically a professional student for a decade and I support all kinds of research. I wasn’t exactly comfortable with her questioning in public (hence my original comment) and the phrasing has me a bit jilted (sounds like she’s reaching for certain conclusions to me). So before I contacted her with answers I wanted to check out her pages to reassure myself I was helping somebody. It definitely doesn’t look that way to me. If someone has worked with her in a positive light or was able to see something different let me know. I’m all about supporting academic research.

Status
Not open for further replies.