AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Air patrols armed with nukes.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dilligaf0

V.I.P. AmberLander
Jul 3, 2012
Here
Twitter Username
@Dilligaf
MFC Username
ACs_Dilligaf
It has been reported that the U.S. will restart patrol flights like we had during the cold war. The planes will be flying around the clock and loaded with nuclear bombs.
NOTE: If you've ever seen the movies "Fail Safe" or "Dr. Strangelove", you get the idea.
Does this make you feel safer or more nervous?
How will Russia or China react?

It has been reported that the U.S. will restart patrol flights like we had during the cold war. The planes will be flying around the clock and loaded with nuclear bombs.
NOTE: If you've ever seen the movies "Fail Safe" or "Dr. Strangelove", you get the idea.
Can you give a link to the article? I searched Google News for what you're talking about and I couldn't find it.

These articles say they're preparing to go to 24 hour ground alert status if the order is given, not that they'll be flying around with nukes.

As of April, we had 1,411 nuclear warheads deployed, out of a total of 4,018. The vast majority of these are in Trident missiles on submarines, followed by Minuteman missiles in silos around the midwest. Afaik all of those are on alert already. Putting a few bombers on alert doesn't appear to change the actual level of nuclear preparedness to me. Putting them in the sky would be a totally unnecessary risk - planes have accidents.

The vast majority of these are in Trident missiles on submarines, followed by Minuteman missiles in silos around the midwest. Afaik all of those are on alert already.
That was the first thing I thought about reading the headline. So what is the point? A reminder to Russia and China? Or was this served up so that in a few hours, a fresh round of hand wringing can begin as the msm stresses the urgency of doing something about the mentally unfit person with his finger on the button?

Maybe it is nothing. Or maybe just a belated response to this...
http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/26/europe/russia-nuclear-missile-satan-2/index.html

Didn't we have two near miss accidents when flying around nukes over the US that stopped this practice in the first place? Why aren't the nukes on the subs enough? Don't B-2 still randomly crash for stupid reasons? Don't they still use B83's on these planes?

Reactions: ramblin
Heightened alert is far different than flying around with. I don't have issues with heightened alert, as some military units are almost always on that as it is.

Reactions: ramblin
Which one?
Take your pick. Today I think my nerves run about this order:
Donald Trump
Kim Jong-Un
Shahid Khaqan Abbasi
Vladimir Putin
Theresa May
Xi Jinping
Benjamin Netanyahu
Narendra Modi
Emmanuel Macron

Big gaps between North Korea and Pakistan, Pakistan and Russia, and Russia and the UK. I'd be extremely surprised to see any of the last 5 strike first in my lifetime.

I haven't actually done the research of how much of a "button" they each have. It wouldn't surprise me if e.g. May, Modi, Macron or Abbasi were somewhat to extremely limited by their parliaments and/or militaries. TBQFH, I suspect that the US military is also conscious of the fact that they have the most impulsive commander-in-chief they've ever reported to.

In my ideal world, none of these guys would have a button. I'm a global disarmament flower-child, but short of that it's completely possible to have a team that can make a decision within response time.

Last edited:
Reactions: dilligaf0 and DFT
Status
Not open for further replies.