AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Amazon Prime showing hidden address with track package

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. This is why I don't have a wishlist. Better off getting gift cards and getting the items yourself imo.

Yes a P.O. Box would alleviate that problem. Most of the Cam Models I know all have P.O. Boxes. It is also best to make sure that P.O.Box is in a different zip code than yous

Sure, getting a PO box solves the problem, but they'll still know the state you live in for sure, and possibly the city.
Plus you have to pay for a PO box and when I looked into a 'decent' size, it cost a few hundred dollars for a few months. Is it worth it?

Not to mention having to constantly travel to go check it.

Reactions: aurakitty
This would be something to bring up with Amazon - not necessarily as "camgirl who gets stuff for free" as why it's being delivered is irrelevant. The bit about being able to hide your address, but then have it visible due to tracking, is probably something Amazon would look to fix if notified. So any model reading this who has amazon related gift lists that they use with hidden address - log in, and raise an issue with amazon over this. One person may not affect change, but if many raise it (or raise it via twitter without it being naked models account as a lot of peeps may see it) and something may eventually be done.

May...

Sure, getting a PO box solves the problem, but they'll still know the state you live in for sure, and possibly the city.
Plus you have to pay for a PO box and when I looked into a 'decent' size, it cost a few hundred dollars for a few months. Is it worth it?

You can actually just get a small one, and pick up bigger packages at the counter. That doesn't negate that your state and city can be released, and someone could just chill outside the post office waiting for you to pick it up.

I've been warning people about this for years.

YEARS.

(Even before this map feature, FedEx, UPS, and USPS have divulged exact addresses or at least city/state to the purchaser. Sometimes even giving them a copy of your signature if you sign for it.)

Could this effect people who are not sex workers?
Yes, but the idea is that wishlists are intended to be used amongst friends/family. The average person isn’t going to care if their aunt from another city gets their address. I suspect Amazon’s response would be “don’t use a wishlist with people you wouldn’t trust with your address”, aka the same advice that’s been given in the sex work community for years.

Amazon doesn’t want us to use their service like this but people won’t stop and then they freak out as if Amazon is attacking sex workers specifically, I truly don’t get it.

I have had Amazon third party sellers tell me hidden addresses years ago when asking for ratings. Gift cards makes surprise gifting almost impossible, but for the model on a budget it is a lot cheaper than using a remailing service.

Could this effect people who are not sex workers?

Yes, any one with a wish list could be effected. For instance twitch streamers, youtube stars. Really any one who could have a wish list, but want to remain anonymous.

Amazon doesn’t want us to use their service like this but people won’t stop

Honestly it's probable an over site. I wouldn't be surprised if they fix it.

Honestly it's probable an over site. I wouldn't be surprised if they fix i

It probably is an oversight. but I wouldn't be surprised if they -don't- fix it. Most of their wishlist stuff is meant to be for things like birthdays, weddings, etc.

Its intended use isn't necessarily for strangers to send you gifts and not have any idea where it's going. If anything, they will probably make an option that you can't ship items with tracking if the address is meant to be uber private.

It's our duty to be careful.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Honestly it's probable an over site. I wouldn't be surprised if they fix it.
They've literally replied to cam girls/sex workers when their address has been given out and said that wishlists were not intended to be used in this fashion. It's meant for families and friends.

Reactions: Smores
Status
Not open for further replies.