AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Amazon wishlist What the actual F... (Rant)

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Jan 20, 2012
So first of, I have no clue if this is in the right spot on this forum, but I guess it's somewhat related to camming

I know we have talked about that Amazon Wish lists arent exactly safe for cam girls to use.. but holy shit my experience today with them..

So the story is, I bought a gift for a girl I talk with, all is fine as I've done this a couple of times before for this girl, but something happens with the shipment this time, without even TRYING to get a tracking number sent to me, I all of a sudden end up with a tracking number for the delivery.. FROM A WISH LIST! this is a place where they say the address is hidden for privacy, and they give me a tracking number all of a sudden? like what the actual DUCK? (I would like to state here, I did of course NOT go and use it, I simply send it to the girl!!)

I'm shook to my core, I work with ISO27001 (the International standard for Information security) and this is such a huge breach of it, I have no clue how the hell they are certified, and even more so, how this is still a thing after GDPR has become a thing, I imagine if they ever leaked a european customers address and name like this and it was looked into, the fines are HUGE.. even worse is I can see where the error is in their system, and it's such a braindead error that could easily be fixed..

jesus fucking hell..

and yea that's my rant, please for the love of god, really consider how you use amazon wish list, I know it's an echo of other threads in here.. but still

So first of, I have no clue if this is in the right spot on this forum, but I guess it's somewhat related to camming

I know we have talked about that Amazon Wish lists arent exactly safe for cam girls to use.. but holy shit my experience today with them..

So the story is, I bought a gift for a girl I talk with, all is fine as I've done this a couple of times before for this girl, but something happens with the shipment this time, without even TRYING to get a tracking number sent to me, I all of a sudden end up with a tracking number for the delivery.. FROM A WISH LIST! this is a place where they say the address is hidden for privacy, and they give me a tracking number all of a sudden? like what the actual DUCK? (I would like to state here, I did of course NOT go and use it, I simply send it to the girl!!)

I'm shook to my core, I work with ISO27001 (the International standard for Information security) and this is such a huge breach of it, I have no clue how the hell they are certified, and even more so, how this is still a thing after GDPR has become a thing, I imagine if they ever leaked a european customers address and name like this and it was looked into, the fines are HUGE.. even worse is I can see where the error is in their system, and it's such a braindead error that could easily be fixed..

jesus fucking hell..

and yea that's my rant, please for the love of god, really consider how you use amazon wish list, I know it's an echo of other threads in here.. but still
This is why my wishlist when I had it went to a PO box :D

Reactions: Wuggie
This is why my wishlist when I had it went to a PO box :D
I know this girls wish list also goes to somewhere else than where she lives, and I have also once gotten a direct address to send something to, but still it actually made me angry that it's like this

I know this girls wish list also goes to somewhere else than where she lives, and I have also once gotten a direct address to send something to, but still it actually made me angry that it's like this
Yeah it gives a false sense of security for sure.

I have no clue how the hell they are certified,
Pay Day Money GIF

Did you use a third party seller? Because that is usually how that happens. Tell her to make sure she doesn't allow third party options and to not allow people to add things to her list.

heheh maybe, I checked if they were in the company I worked for and they are not, else I would have made an official incident report on them.. but honestly no certification body should allow money to talk like this..

Did you use a third party seller? Because that is usually how that happens. Tell her to make sure she doesn't allow third party options and to not allow people to add things to her list.
it was from amazon themselves I got the tracking number, not a third party, and she doesn't allow people to add things to her list :)

heheh maybe, I checked if they were in the company I worked for and they are not, else I would have made an official incident report on them.. but honestly no certification body should allow money to talk like this..
Money has a loud voice and there is always someone ready to listen ;) and when you got that amazon money, it's talking pretty loud 😂 . I always found it funny that people think corruption is only in poor countries, the difference is it's just more affordable there.

she doesn't allow people to add things to her list :)
I think the meaning was a 3rd party seller, not a 3rd party adding to the Wishlist

it was from amazon themselves I got the tracking number, not a third party, and she doesn't allow people to add things to her list :)

Did it ship from the Amazon warehouse or was it ABC Company in Bumfuck, Idaho? Because if it was ABC Bumfuck they often send tracking to the person who ordered it.

Reactions: Ozzie_
Money has a loud voice and there is always someone ready to listen ;) and when you got that amazon money, it's talking pretty loud 😂 . I always found it funny that people think corruption is only in poor countries, the difference is it's just more affordable there.

I think the meaning was a 3rd party seller, not a 3rd party adding to the Wishlist
Oh I fully am aware that money talks loudly and is in every country.. we also test companies for this.. it just still shocks me people working with this would ever do something like that.. but I guess I'm a little naive when it comes to how we SHOULD act at work :p

Did it ship from the Amazon warehouse or was it ABC Company in Bumfuck, Idaho? Because if it was ABC Bumfuck they often send tracking to the person who ordered it.
From the amazon warehouse I'm pretty sure, this is what it says on it at least: 1711040709925.png

Oh I fully am aware that money talks loudly and is in every country.. we also test companies for this.. it just still shocks me people working with this would ever do something like that.. but I guess I'm a little naive when it comes to how we SHOULD act at work :p
Assume the best, expect the worst, most of the time things end up in the middle 😂

Reactions: Wuggie
I do believe she doesn't have shit like this turned on, at least I hope so :p I have went through it with her a few months ago.. which is why I'm a bit baffled that it still happened also :p guess it's time to move away fully from amazon wish lists
Amazon is just ughhhh in so many ways. Unfortunately Throne isn't an option unless she posts it on Twitter. They really messed up by adding cash gift options.

I always asked for e-cards for stuff I wanted and then show off the item I bought with it.

Amazon is just ughhhh in so many ways. Unfortunately Throne isn't an option unless she posts it on Twitter. They really messed up by adding cash gift options.

I always asked for e-cards for stuff I wanted and then show off the item I bought with it.
I actually searched for everything with amazon before making this post and you mentioned that in an earlier thread :D I had the exact idea of asking her to please just start accepting e-cards instead because of this..

Reactions: Vixxen81
I actually searched for everything with amazon before making this post and you mentioned that in an earlier thread :D I had the exact idea of asking her to please just start accepting e-cards instead because of this..
You have to make sure the e-cards are from the correct amazon store. you cant use amazon uk ecards on amazon.com for example or amazon.de cards on uk or .com, unless thats changed recently (within the last 5 years or so). The ecards were / are tied to the domain where they were purchased.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Vixxen81 and Wuggie
You have to make sure the e-cards are from the correct amazon store. you cant use amazon uk ecards on amazon.com for example or amazon.de cards on uk or .com, unless thats changed recently (within the last 5 years or so). The ecards were / are tied to the domain where they were purchased.
oh thank you, I had no clue about this actually :D so it's very good information

Reactions: Vixxen81
oh thank you, I had no clue about this actually :D so it's very good information
Yeah, I didnt either until someone sent me a $100 amazon gift card for amzon.com and it didnt work on amazon uk or de and had to email support, turns out each domain of amazon is a completely separate business which is why if you get an affiliate link for amazon.com it wont track on any other amazon site, you need an affiliate account on every amazon platform. I think it's also the reason why if you try and go to amazon.com from another country it dosnt redirect you to the amazon site for your location.

Yeah, I didnt either until someone sent me a $100 amazon gift card for amzon.com and it didnt work on amazon uk or de and had to email support, turns out each domain of amazon is a completely separate business which is why if you get an affiliate link for amazon.com it wont track on any other amazon site, you need an affiliate account on every amazon platform. I think it's also the reason why if you try and go to amazon.com from another country it dosnt redirect you to the amazon site for your location.
Yeah had this happen last week... I gotta specify to these dudes

Tips and/or e-gift cards are the only ways I would accept a gift from a member. I don’t trust the Amazon wish list method for obvious reasons. If I had an Amazon wish list, it’d be something I’d ONLY use for, say, close family members to get me a gift.

without even TRYING to get a tracking number sent to me, I all of a sudden end up with a tracking number for the delivery.. FROM A WISH LIST! this is a place where they say the address is hidden for privacy, and they give me a tracking number all of a sudden?
I've been alerting people about this exact thing for yearssssss.

And it doesn't matter if it was third party shipper or not, (as shown in other replies as I now see) Amazon itself will show the purchaser a tracking number without warning.

I wish it was more widely known that this is an issue so models wouldn't take the risk. Even if it's going to a PO box or something, knowing when it'll arrive and the location is... eek.

Even if you dont get the tracking number, usually the gifter will get like something like this;

Gift sent to;

Maria Das Fontes
(Gift registry ADDRESS HIDDEN)
London (or whatever town you happen to be in)

Which, on its own is not too bad if you live in a big city and never give out any other tidbits of info about you. But for someone who wants to find you, it makes it hella easier if they know which city to look in.

Also, it has been known that should they make enquiries about the tracking, customer service will give them way too much information without thinking twice.

Not to mention all the other scams amazon is a great platform for - you can mark gifts off the list without actually buying them. It is not one or two new cam models who have done shows in return for gifts they never got....

A few years ago like maybe 7 I learned this the hard way. I got a gift card for like 400 on amazon was sooo happy until I realized it was amazon Canada. For some reason back then u could only have books shipped from Canada amazon to the USA. Everyone got books as present

I do believe she doesn't have shit like this turned on, at least I hope so :p I have went through it with her a few months ago.. which is why I'm a bit baffled that it still happened also :p guess it's time to move away fully from amazon wish lists

She probably does if shes in a different country because its much easier to find a third party seller willing to send internationally.