AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Is communicating with WhatsApp safe?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

Agi

Nov 22, 2023
Europe
Until now I communicated with girls on snapchat, because I don't need a phone number for that.
But a lot of girls say they prefer WhatsApp, so I am considering using it.

I have a second phone📱 with a new number that has never been used.
Is it safe to use whatsApp with this (virgin) phone to communicate with camgirls offline? I am always a bit afraid to be blackmailed.

I know that nobody can tell me for sure, but maybe you can give me your experiences in communicating with camgirls in different countries with WhatsApp.
Did you ever get into any problems because of sharing your phone number for whatsApp? Thanks in advance for any advice😀.

I did a search but I did not find a proper discussion of this topic.

Anticipation Popcorn GIF

• Funny!
Reactions: Vixxen81
If safety is your concern then I wouldn't communicate with models off platform.

My personal experience on Whatsapp has been fine but it's connected to my real phone number, my real name, and I'd never give it to anyone who I didn't want to know those things so my experiences aren't helpful to you here I don't think.

Mysterical, I actually expected a little more from you. I know you have a lot of experience in this area.

He probably posted that gif because he thinks we're all hostile and hate any member who talks to models offline. Which obviously isn't the case. /shrug

Anyway, I don't have any experience with WhatsApp, but I would imagine if you're basically using a burner phone, especially one that you don't have any of your real information stored on, you'll be fine. I do agree with others, if you're really worried about being blackmailed (which imo, isn't likely to happen), maybe stick with what you're comfortable with for your own peace of mind.

I knew that I would start a controversial debate with the topic, which was also my goal. So I thank you all for your honest opinions 😄✌️

Mysterical, I actually expected a little more from you. I know you have a lot of experience in this area.
I posted it because I expected the first question to be around exactly what you are doing or saying in these Whatsapp chats for blackmail to be viewed as a potential risk :rofl:. It was all just a bit cloak and dagger given she'll probably just send you photos of her dinner or her dog wearing a wig.

Reactions: Agi
if you feel like its a potential risk dont use it. i specifically refuse to use tiktok because i dont want my rl and work contacts to sync up. i know there are ways for that not to happen, but the potential risks still freak me out.

im assuming you got a cheap month to month plan on an old phone. if that telephone number isnt tied to anything other than to only message with cammodels. should be dope. also im sure you only need a cellphone number for sign up. i too have never used it. maybe its like google voice where they give you a voice-over ip phone number.

Tbh I'm surprised that camgirls would be willing to offer WhatsApp as they're the more likely of the 2 to get blackmailed/stalked etc etc.
a TON of them use a "virtual phone plan" :) or have a designated phone number only for that, that ain't registered to their name or anything.

Tbh I'm surprised that camgirls would be willing to offer WhatsApp as they're the more likely of the 2 to get blackmailed/stalked etc etc.
Of course you are completely right. It also amazes me why many camgirls prefer WhatsApp. I actually like signal or telegram.

I always assumed that any model who offered Whatsapp for tokens was really only offering the ability to view their status updates. I assume much the same with Instagram and Snapchat to be honest. Otherwise that would surely be mayhem.

I think there's no need to be afraid of using Whatsapp. It's highly unlikely that the model is after anything other than a conversation without the prying eyes of monitors or site admins. I'm sure a couple of months of mundane chat about each other's lives will reassure you that there is nothing nefarious to worry about. Even if you send photos in Whatsapp you can send them as view once so just relax. In these cases, the platform is less of an issue than the nature of the conversation and if you are happy with the nature of the conversation then just relax and enjoy it like you would with anyone else in your contacts list.

Reactions: Wuggie
I always assumed that any model who offered Whatsapp for tokens was really only offering the ability to view their status updates. I assume much the same with Instagram and Snapchat to be honest. Otherwise that would surely be mayhem.

You shouldn't assume that, if you want to see stories do snapchat or instagram. I know many models that never add a customers phone number to their contact list so you never see their story.

Edit: On a completely different note misterical, what a shame that thread of you buying flowers is locked I wanted to show people the dramatic difference in price between usa and colombia flowers because today I bought 165 dollars worth of flowers here in colombia and it is RIDICULOUSLY huge and comes with its own table.

I used plasma on SC for over a year but now we just talk on WhatsApp.

I highly doubt she’s part of a crack international crime ring team ready to extort a few grand solely on basis that they know my phone number.

I just get pet and food photos n’shit 🤷🏻‍♂️

I used plasma on SC for over a year but now we just talk on WhatsApp.

I highly doubt she’s part of a crack international crime ring team ready to extort a few grand solely on basis that they know my phone number.

I just get pet and food photos n’shit 🤷🏻‍♂️
This is also my experience with the girls I accept having me on WhatsApp.. mostly just food pictures and pet pictures, and then everyday conversation of what we are doing.. sometimes I will get photos if they buy new outfits for the broadcasts and asked what I believe should go together, but it's more rare :p

Reactions: Maxi
This is also my experience with the girls I accept having me on WhatsApp.. mostly just food pictures and pet pictures, and then everyday conversation of what we are doing.. sometimes I will get photos if they buy new outfits for the broadcasts and asked what I believe should go together, but it's more rare :p
I've been in contact with a model on snap for a year and it's like you said: we exchange pictures of our sneakers or her freshly made arepas🫔, haha.

I'm probably a bit too security conscious. But you calmed me down, thank you all👍😀. I like the community here🙋‍♂️

Reactions: Maxi
Edit: On a completely different note misterical, what a shame that thread of you buying flowers is locked I wanted to show people the dramatic difference in price between usa and colombia flowers because today I bought 165 dollars worth of flowers here in colombia and it is RIDICULOUSLY huge and comes with its own table.
They were so big they needed a table? I have to admit, some of the displays you see for sale in Colombian florists are completely huge and OTT. Particularly in a country where delivery by moto is so prevalent.

WhatApp is like the default communication for most of the world
I do recall seeing stats that showed that while it's the most popular, there are markets where it doesn't penetrate as well. In particular, the USA seemed to be predominantly Facebook messenger. Of course, what I saw could have been a few years out of date. Certainly in Europe and Latin America, Whatsapp is dominant.

I think there's no need to be afraid of using Whatsapp. It's highly unlikely that the model is after anything other than a conversation without the prying eyes of monitors or site admins..
another avenue to make money.

It's highly unlikely that the model is after anything other than a conversation without the prying eyes of monitors or site admins.
That is OFC assuming you are actually speaking to the model and not an admin on WA.

That is OFC assuming you are actually speaking to the model and not an admin on WA.
You're absolutely right, KingMarti. Most of the time I'm pretty sure I'm talking to my model.
I sometimes send her messages when she is broadcasting and I see that she receives and answers the messages.

But there have also been conversations in which I noticed that the conversation style changed significantly, so that I assumed that a different person had answered my message😏.