AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

A privacy warning

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 3, 2022
Hi folks. I had an experience today I wanted to relay so that users and especially models are aware. I post it knowing full well there are many experienced models who will react with a “no shit Sherlock” but I also know many new models read the forum so maybe it is helpful for somebody.

I have been talking to a model via WhatsApp for several months, we have gotten very familiar and a while back she told me her first name. So when we talk via WhatsApp I use her real name. Generally on Stripchat I don’t use her real name, but occasionally in PM I will call her by her first initial. Never any mention of even that in public chat. This morning, her personal Facebook account was a suggested friend for me. I did not know her last name and while I knew her city through conversation it is not something we ever talked about. I assume she may have gotten me as a friend request too but I don’t know.

Just putting out there that everyone should be very careful revealing personal information, even through channels you think are secure. I am not the type of person to use this information to stalk, harass or out anybody but those people certainly exist in spades.

Apologize if this is super obvious stuff, this one just surprised me today

Reactions: Highlander884
I doubt this was from using her real name on WhatsApp, this is more likely to do with her WhatsApp settings and her Facebook settings about sharing phone numbers/contacts.

I don’t use whats app but telegram is similar I think you have to be careful about sharing contact info in settings

Yeah this is a fear of mine. Coming across a lady by accident on social network.
It's happened before with tiktok, and tinder (although that was actually a bot account but still used a personal photo of her).

If its a new girl on cb I always tell them to set all social networks to pvt.

And this is why I have none of these things.
It's why I have none of these things for my personal life. I have no need for any social media pages for my life.

But not having social media for work would be detrimental (for me, I know not every cam model/content creator utilizes apps for promotion).

It's why I have none of these things for my personal life. I have no need for any social media pages for my life.

But not having social media for work would be detrimental (for me, I know not every cam model/content creator utilizes apps for promotion).
I get the promotion/work side of it, for sure. I never had any luck with it so I pivoted to in-chat advertising. As for personal accounts, I was just never that into chronicling my life and showing up on someone's feed. I preferred forum style websites.

Edited for typo.

Last edited:
WhatsApp is owned by Meta (Facebook) so I am sure there is a lot of data and contact sharing going on there
Yup..
It does that, I see models all the time on my facebook that I only speak to on whatsapp. I have even seen their mom and other family members get suggested to me. (I think that might be because they gave their old phones to family members? I dont know)
Thats fucking terrrrrrifyinggggggggggg

I do like amber - not personal social media at all. It gets a little tricky when I tell people i'm a social media marketer though and they're like "oh cool whats your insta.." just had this convo with a lady i volunteer with today lol

Same here, I have no social media in my personal life, I burnt out on it in my 20s.
One less thing to worry about.

Same here, I have no social media in my personal life, I burnt out on it in my 20s.
One less thing to worry about.
I am the only person on earth with my birth name. I was never okay with creating those accounts for personal use, I don't even have a working cell phone to avoid being found. Thankfully if you do know it and you enter into google it comes up with a ton of vanilla sites that have nothing to do with me. (Yeah I know about burner phones but I just don't want anyone to have a way to physically talk to me.)

I am the only person on earth with my birth name. I was never okay with creating those accounts for personal use, I don't even have a working cell phone to avoid being found. Thankfully if you do know it and you enter into google it comes up with a ton of vanilla sites that have nothing to do with me. (Yeah I know about burner phones but I just don't want anyone to have a way to physically talk to me.)
Nothing wrong with that.
I honestly ended up regretting using face book for so many years.

ETA; Giant waste of time, and I don't like how focused everyone got on taking pictures of their good times, instead of just having their good times.
A lot of the girl group I hung out with were really about the pics, and now I kinda hate that stuff in my everyday life.
The odd pic sure, but pictures of every little social thing kind of scares me a bit, seems odd. But, I conceed, it's become "normal".

Reactions: Highlander884
Yup..

Thats fucking terrrrrrifyinggggggggggg

I do like amber - not personal social media at all. It gets a little tricky when I tell people i'm a social media marketer though and they're like "oh cool whats your insta.." just had this convo with a lady i volunteer with today lol
"Oh since I edit and moderate so much media and many accounts for clients I do not wish to have my own at all!"

Facebook friends list can be used to blackmail people, especially in this line of work. I'm a cam site user but It happened to me many years ago when I met someone on a dating site. We did a video chat and she threatened to share it with all my Facebook friends unless I sent $1k.

You need to at the very least make sure that nobody can see who you are friends with on there.

Facebook friends list can be used to blackmail people, especially in this line of work. I'm a cam site user but It happened to me many years ago when I met someone on a dating site. We did a video chat and she threatened to share it with all my Facebook friends unless I sent $1k.

You need to at the very least make sure that nobody can see who you are friends with on there.
Blackmail is illegal and you should have told her you were going to the cops. Usually shuts that down pretty freakin' fast. I hope you didn't pay her.

From experience, phone numbers seem to be the weakest link here. Lots of social media networks let you join using email address (use a ringer address). Seems to be the safest way in my experience.

Reactions: Agi
Blackmail is illegal and you should have told her you were going to the cops. Usually shuts that down pretty freakin' fast. I hope you didn't pay her.
Sorry, a long time since I posted that. I obviously shit myself when it happened but immediately blocked the blackmailer. They were overseas so I didn't see the point in going to the cops. I didn't pay them a penny.

Looked for advice online and it was all the same. Block and ignore. They are professional scammers and instead of chasing me for money I didn't have they would already be onto their next victim. That's what I did and nothing happened. Since then I have seen stories of people committing suicide when put in a similar position.

Reactions: Agi
Status
Not open for further replies.