AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

An interesting browser for content creators

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 17, 2019
GTA
Twitter Username
@naija_prince_
Chaturbate Username
_nigerian_prince_
So I came across something that reminded me of this steemit thread that was posted a few weeks ago (premise was basically post nudes, get crypto for up-votes etc...) that caught my interest. There is a chrome based browser called Brave that was basically made as an easy way to tip content creators using crypto (creators can cash out in any currency though), with support currently for YouTube, Twitch, Reddit, and Twitter and a few other sites. On twitter for example when using the browser the little tip icon shows up, you click it and you get a drop down menu where you can choose the amount you want to tip. Anyone with an account on a supported site can link it to their browser which allows them to receive tips.
1568051902882.png1568052070239.png

Tips are made using BAT currency, which is obtained by using the browser and paid monthly (there is an option to purchase as well). Basically the browser blocks almost all ads and generates revenue by showing you their own and rewarding users for that. The ads don't show up on sites, but they appear like a browser notification which can easily be ignored, or you can click it to earn a small amount. Users can also adjust the rate at which they receive ads from 1-5 an hour. This is an example of an ad that I got.
1568052577012.png

Regular users themselves cannot withdraw their crypto, and it's not really designed in a way for regular users to make a profit, instead the goal is to get a large number of users to support a small number of creators who might be able to make a decent amount using it. On top of supporting individuals the browser also keeps track of which sites you use the most and tips the sites monthly. You can exclude sites off the list, adjust the tip amount or turn it off completely. Anyone who owns their site can link it to a Brave account to accept tips, and it shows a checkmark on verified sites.
1568053787146.png

It will probably be a long time before it's at the left where it's really profitable, if it even gets to the point, but at the current moment it's growing pretty fast. The browser itself is pretty clean and simple and works well from what I've seen using it these past few days and I'll probably make it my main, along with the android app. Anyways, just thought I'd share something I found interesting with a bit of promise.

So I came across something that reminded me of this steemit thread that was posted a few weeks ago (premise was basically post nudes, get crypto for up-votes etc...) that caught my interest. There is a chrome based browser called Brave that was basically made as an easy way to tip content creators using crypto (creators can cash out in any currency though), with support currently for YouTube, Twitch, Reddit, and Twitter and a few other sites. On twitter for example when using the browser the little tip icon shows up, you click it and you get a drop down menu where you can choose the amount you want to tip. Anyone with an account on a supported site can link it to their browser which allows them to receive tips.

It's an interesting idea, but let's consider your example. Let's say I tip Twitter user @janedoewhatever. How would the owner's of this Chrome browser infrastructure ever validate who owns that Twitter account? I mean there would have to be a pretty significant investment in authentication to make that robust? Let's say I cannot authenticate the owner of the Twitter account that is tipped. What happens to the tips in this case? Are they being pocketed by the browser creator? Do they disable tips for any web page they cannot authenticate? The opportunity for fraud is pretty obvious unless you make really enormous investments in authenticating content ownership.

It's an interesting idea, but let's consider your example. Let's say I tip Twitter user @janedoewhatever. How would the owner's of this Chrome browser infrastructure ever validate who owns that Twitter account? I mean there would have to be a pretty significant investment in authentication to make that robust? Let's say I cannot authenticate the owner of the Twitter account that is tipped. What happens to the tips in this case? Are they being pocketed by the browser creator? Do they disable tips for any web page they cannot authenticate? The opportunity for fraud is pretty obvious unless you make really enormous investments in authenticating content ownership.

Authentication is actually pretty easy, it's just like those sites that allow you to sign in through twitter or google. Users authenticate their own accounts. took me less than a minute to do it for my twitter and my reddit account. For any account that isn't authenticated it will attempt to tip them for 90 days, and after that it will return the tipped amount to the tipper if it failed

• Helpful!
Reactions: Smores
Authentication is actually pretty easy, it's just like those sites that allow you to sign in through twitter or google. Users authenticate their own accounts. took me less than a minute to do it for my twitter and my reddit account. For any account that isn't authenticated it will attempt to tip them for 90 days, and after that it will return the tipped amount to the tipper if it failed

The problem with that is a hacker might steal the Twitter account credentials for a famous person, then they start to collect her money in this hidden infrastructure. By the time the fraud is discovered it is too late to retrieve funds.... Since most of the profits in such a system would probably go to very famous people, it becomes a pretty attractive target for fraud.

Okay, those details could be worked out. It's interesting.

The problem with that is a hacker might steal the Twitter account credentials for a famous person, then they start to collect her money in this hidden infrastructure. By the time the fraud is discovered it is too late to retrieve funds.... Since most of the profits in such a system would probably go to very famous people, it becomes a pretty attractive target for fraud.

Okay, those details could be worked out. It's interesting.

Well the thing is to cash out you have to link your account to another site where you have to verify who you are with ID so the hacker can't collect without revealing who they are. Even if they were to tip other accounts to try and move the funds that way, the exit point is always through a verified account that would be easy to trace back to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.