AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Anonymous tips -- not so anonymous

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 15, 2011
So tonight I sent a model some anon tips.

She proceed to show me how she could pull up my history of the last 10 tips I'd sent, and the date stamps and dollar amount matched the anon tips, and it was pretty obvious it was me.

In a room that isn't real busy it wouldn't be hard for a model with good bookkeeping skills to do a quick reconciliation and figure out where the tip came from. I suppose for a busy model getting lots of tips in a busy room this might be a bit trickier to do. I also suppose not being on her friends list and not being in her room when you send the tip might also make it a bit trickier to figure out.

Not really an issue for me, but I just thought it was interesting. Maybe this has already been covered here, don't remember seeing any threads about it at least since I've joined.

The point of this feature is so that it's hidden from the room, not the model. :thumbleft:

Reactions: Jessi J
I've just never seen the point of anonymous tips--I mean unless the tipper really believes the model is The Church. :D

After a decent sized tip I've had guys tell me that they get messages from freeloaders asking them to "share the wealth" which gives me a big WTF moment but I would probably resort to anon tips after that too. So, a lot of times they'll anon tip after that, sometimes I know who it is and sometimes I don't but I don't ever actually check up on it. I'm curious who it was but I'm not going to track them down. Besides, I like saying "anoni-mooooose" :p Knowing who it is would ruin using such a fun word.

Nordling said:
I've just never seen the point of anonymous tips--I mean unless the tipper really believes the model is The Church. :D

Some models demand new tippers and you may be the only person tipping. Other times you are with a model just out of boredom and do not want her stalking you via MFC mail or anything.

blackxrose said:
The point of this feature is so that it's hidden from the room, not the model. :thumbleft:

That's fine with me, like I said it's not really an issue for me. It doesn't seem to be explained anywhere in the MFC wiki or other documentation, and while I'm still somewhat new to MFC I've been in plenty of nuts and bolts discussions with members and models about the way things work on there.

I'd bet very, very few members know this and might be thinking they are sending "anon" tips and be surprised to learn that they actually... aren't.

NerdgasmGirl said:
After a decent sized tip I've had guys tell me that they get messages from freeloaders asking them to "share the wealth" which gives me a big WTF moment but I would probably resort to anon tips after that too. So, a lot of times they'll anon tip after that, sometimes I know who it is and sometimes I don't but I don't ever actually check up on it. I'm curious who it was but I'm not going to track them down. Besides, I like saying "anoni-mooooose" :p Knowing who it is would ruin using such a fun word.

The freeloaders asking for sharing the wealth/similar things annoy the ever living fuck out of me, too.

I joke with some member friends who have more money than me, though. With one my joke is always "where's my new Xbox 360?" to which he responds "it's in the mail, be patient." :p But he knows I'm not serious about any of the jokes we do with each other.

But the freeloaders who PM when you tip a nice amount, or who say shit in public chat about it.... they're annoying as all hell. Almost as annoying as basics and guests. ;)

Kradek said:
The freeloaders asking for sharing the wealth/similar things annoy the ever living fuck out of me
OnlyFriends.png

Almost as annoying as basics and guests
HideGuestsAndBasics.png

Most people that don't want random pm's have them set to friends only, but hiding basic and guest chat does very little as most models already mute them anyway, and most of the beggars i have come across are bloob prems :lol:

I constantly see premiums begging the model to mute the basics, not realizing they can do it themselves. Doh!

Don't models have a page where they can see all their tip history? How quickly does that update? Could they check that tip history page after an anon tip to immediately see who gave the tip?

NickT said:
Don't models have a page where they can see all their tip history? How quickly does that update? Could they check that tip history page after an anon tip to immediately see who gave the tip?

It still shows up as anon in tip history, you actually manually have to type in a specific username in user lookup in order to see if it was that person who sent you the tip.
I imagine the only reason this is in place is for trolls who see an anon tip and are like "i tipped you! send me a video!" just so you can verify that it wasn't them.
Other than that, there really isn't much reason to ever use it.

I often anon-tip knowing damn well everyone in the room knows it's me. Other times I'll anon-tip and leave a tip note that gives me away to the model. In those cases, I want the model to know who it is and the room to see that there was a tip (and maybe even how much it was for especially if there's a countdown). Sometimes I'll anon-tip with a tip note that doesn't make it obvious who I am just to see if they figure it out anyhow. I love the look of piqued curiosity from an unexpected tip note.

As for the "not so anonymous" part, I was not aware but it doesn't concern me much.

If you select the tip to be anoymous it will be. You can tip and hide it from the chat or tip and be completely anonymous. When I look at my tip log all I see if anonymous tip x amount. There is no way for me to see who tipped it. That being said I can usually tell by who is in my chat. Some guys dont want to draw attention to themselves or their tokens

ComicOzzie said:
I constantly see premiums begging the model to mute the basics, not realizing they can do it themselves. Doh!

For myself, I can ignore their comments whether I see them or not. I do see the models getting upset about certain comments and that is when I might say to mute the basics, not for myself but for the models piece of mind.

Ursavannah said:
If you select the tip to be anoymous it will be. You can tip and hide it from the chat or tip and be completely anonymous. When I look at my tip log all I see if anonymous tip x amount. There is no way for me to see who tipped it. That being said I can usually tell by who is in my chat. Some guys dont want to draw attention to themselves or their tokens

Test it with one of your regulars. Have them send you an anon tip. Then look at *their* recent tip history, not your tip log.

You will see the tip there under their name.

Like I said, it would take some reconciliation to figure out, it's not sitting there staring you in the face.

Just Me said:
ComicOzzie said:

For myself, I can ignore their comments whether I see them or not. I do see the models getting upset about certain comments and that is when I might say to mute the basics, not for myself but for the models piece of mind.

I personally find the basics entertaining ("open tits bb" "show feet bb put in pussy bb" LMAO) and I mute when they beg too much or annoy others.

I'll tip anonymously sometimes if I'm the only one tipping (non-anonymously)... at these times, I figure the people in the room are just assuming that since one guy is tipping, they'll just let him do all the work. I send in a few anonymous tips mixed in with my non-anonymous ones, and at least sometimes, it seems to encourage a few others to chip in.

Nordling said:

Reactions: bob
In a high-traffic room a model isn't going to have the time to run down a list and compare tip counts so the chances are high that you can remain anonymous. You can also tip from outside the room to stay hidden. It's more of a way to have fun with tip notes and to also negate some of the drama that comes from the other members if you are tipping into the higher ranges. Same with hidden tips.

Jealousy and insecurity runs deep on these sites and some people try to avoid as much as they can. Just watch when a model answers a PM and is then hit with a flurry of "Why don't you answer my PM?" messages.

The vast majority of anon tips I've ever gotten were from members who were embarrassed they were tipping below the average.

Other times I got the feeling the guy just wanted to tip me but didn't really want to interact with me.

The only times I ever check who tipped what is to figure out how angry I should be at a regular who hasn't tipped in weeks or months and is still requesting free content/bullying me in to doing a show.

Reactions: AngelicTease
I sometimes tip anon in a room I'm not a regular, not planning on probly being a regular, wanting a conversation, and perhaps not even in the room - essentially maybe I have a brief request, or just want to send a small tip, and don't want to get into a whole "oh who are you, where are you watching me from" (probly the lounge) kind of thing.

Edit: Bah thread necro. Shaun's fault.

Jupiter551 said:
I sometimes tip anon in a room I'm not a regular, not planning on probly being a regular, wanting a conversation, and perhaps not even in the room - essentially maybe I have a brief request, or just want to send a small tip, and don't want to get into a whole "oh who are you, where are you watching me from" (probly the lounge) kind of thing.

I remember there is a bug where tipping from outside of a room may not hide your name, unless it has been fixed. One of the models posted a screen cap of it.

Shaun__ said:
Jupiter551 said:

I remember there is a bug where tipping from outside of a room may not hide your name, unless it has been fixed. One of the models posted a screen cap of it.
Tipping from outside of a room without selecting the anonymous box will still show up as anonymous to the model. So it's a bit of the opposite as you just stated.

Reactions: Shaun__
Actually, yes, if you can narrow it down to 3 or 4 guys you think might have tipped (the high-tipping regulars, for example), you can usually figure it out... but honestly, MOST models that I've talked to (some being on the site for a couple of YEARS) have no idea that there is even an option. So just remember that if the model doesn't suspect you, you will likely be able to keep your secret.

In response to the tipping outside of the room conundrum, I have received tip notes that show up as anon (grey background) saying something like this:

Anonymous tipped you 1,234 tokens!
BobLuvsIris tip note: Here's a surprise from a ninja! Buy yourself something nice! (Tip not shown in room)

I always laugh, and usually, the anon guy is just a regular being silly, so he doesn't care... but still the off-chance that it might show up. Hmmmm.

I_Am_Iris said:
In response to the tipping outside of the room conundrum, I have received tip notes that show up as anon (grey background) saying something like this:

Anonymous tipped you 1,234 tokens!
BobLuvsIris tip note: Here's a surprise from a ninja! Buy yourself something nice! (Tip not shown in room)

I always laugh, and usually, the anon guy is just a regular being silly, so he doesn't care... but still the off-chance that it might show up. Hmmmm.

He was tipping you from the lounge!

Reactions: TacoBelle
Status
Not open for further replies.