AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Another fake raffle, bored...

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 16, 2014
Hello there,
I have suspicious about a model who cheated on raffle several months ago.
I could come into possession of the proof she actually cheated from the user who won the raffle, I contacted him and asked for it, I promised him a return if he has it and give it to me, now I wait his reply.
I have suspicious because this user bought only one ticket and he won against several user who bought an insane amount of tickets.
I know it because the model showed every single ticket all the members bought. The most funny thing is that the model turned the cam off for a couple minutes after she put all the ticket in the ticket pool.
The winning user is probably the most attending regular she has, in almost one year I always saw him in her room (and im one regular too) and after the raffle he suddenly disappeared probably to don't arouse suspicion for his "too lucky" victory, maybe they planned it together.

This is not the first fake raffle I take part and this time I could have proofs.
If the model actually cheated should I say her name to warn other users?

Reactions: MemberEd
Exactly what proof do you have that she cheated, exactly? And what sort of proof are you expecting the winner of the raffle to give you?

Every ticket in the raffle has an equal chance of winning; back when I did regular raffles, a couple of winners were one-ticket guys (both regulars and randoms). Having a lot of tickets ups your chances, yes, but does not guarantee a win. That's why it's a raffle, and not just 'tip to get X-Y-Z'. The not knowing who will win and gambling aspects are what make raffles fun; it's an adrenaline rush to know your name is in there and it MIGHT be picked... but you don't know for sure.

Sounds like you're overreacting and have no proof that this model cheated anyone except being peeved that you had more tickets than the other regular and didn't win... And still looking for proof that she cheated *months* after the raffle ended isn't very healthy, IMHO. :whistle:

Why are you a regular in a room if you don't trust the model to be honest?

Really dude. You've been suspecting her for months but still consider yourself a regular? Find a model you actually like and trust, this almost seems like you are just looking for drama.

What ARE these raffles for that get you so excited that you still participate even though you don't trust the host?

GemmaMoore146 said:
Sounds like you're overreacting and have no proof that this model cheated anyone except being peeved that you had more tickets than the other regular and didn't win... And still looking for proof that she cheated *months* after the raffle ended isn't very healthy, IMHO. :whistle:

I apologize for my bad english, if I look like a spoiled child and if my post is not so understandable. As I said that now I don't have the proof but I could get it, I don't know what It could be.
I "spent" months just because today was the first time I found the winner online after the raffle...
Maybe he changed account during this time and today felt confident and used it.
I bought like 3 tickets for the raffle so my expectation to win was "under my shoes", I just wanted to try as I always considered the model really nice.

After that strange raffle I don't trust more that model and don't watch her more.

I know that is not suspicous to win with one ticket but you should had to watch that raffle, I think it was the definition of "sospicious". There was a crazy guy who filled alone almost half of the pool and the other things I noticed don't help to trust that raffle wasn't fake.

I will wait a couple days and then I will forget about it, I just wanted to know if it was worth after months to warn people if actually she cheated,maybe she can do it again.
If it turns out that I'm right I will offer a beer to everyone :lol:

My husband once won second or third prize in a raffle that he only had 2 tickets in. A member with a boatload of tickets won first prize. That's the joy of a raffle - you could win with one ticket, or you could win with a bunch. Seeking out proof that a raffle was faked just sounds crazy.

Matte Black said:
GemmaMoore146 said:

I "spent" months just because today was the first time I found the winner online after the raffle...

So... you remembered after MONTHS who won that EXACT raffle in that PARTICULAR model's room, and the SECOND he comes online after a few months off of MFC you message him to ask if the raffle was rigged?

Dude, that's creepy. :snooty:

QY3vZsJ.jpg

Turning the cam off just before the drawing is pretty odd... I will say.
I'm not saying she isn't a cheat, it just seems weird to be a regular tipper of someone you don't trust and think is a cheater.

Your reaction is a tad obsessive, maybe borderline creepy but if you absolutely know someone is scamming with proof, I think most members and even some models alike do not mind it being called attention too.

I remember when a model was clearly seen on cam by a handful of people "writing" a date raffle ticket with the cap still on the marker a couple years ago.
She was called out by name, chose to not defend herself and is still more successful than most models will ever hope to be... so it's very likely a kind of moot point but with absolute proof is generally not frowned upon... from my understanding around here. Most active models of ACF are honest and hardworking and don't like the see our industry tarnished by scammers and liars.

Maybe run it by Amber first in a PM if you actually do have proof.

Many model run raffles are not exactly perfectly fair, they often change the rules as whenever they want. Offering double, triple, or decuple ticket offers at random times for instance. I think it is a lot better to just think of the tickets as an excuse to tip, and not worry about it. Especially since many models let tickets help with countdowns.

Shaun__ said:
Many model run raffles are not exactly perfectly fair, they often change the rules as whenever they want. Offering double, triple, or decuple ticket offers at random times for instance.

I'm not arguing, but, how is that unfair? :/

SexyStephXS said:
Shaun__ said:
Many model run raffles are not exactly perfectly fair, they often change the rules as whenever they want. Offering double, triple, or decuple ticket offers at random times for instance.

I kind of agree with that. Let's say you buy 10 tickets for 1000 tokens on the first day of the raffle. You go into the raffle assuming those are your odds. Ten out of however many sold, and you have the same odds as anyone else spending as much as you did.

Now the last week the model changes the price to buy one get two free or something like that. That same 1000 tokens gets the person buying them then 30 tickets. You spent the same money as that person yet he has triple the odds of winning over you because the rules were changed mid game. That's not really the agreement made with the model when you bought them in the first place.

I'm not really saying i care that much, I take advantage of the sale days when I can too. Just that I understand someone saying it isn't really fair. It technically isn't.

Edit - Think of it this way. If this happened out in real life with any normal raffle governed by gaming laws and the people running it did this, they'd be fined, arrested, shut down, etc.. Powerball's never offer special days to get BOGO lottery tickets.

JerryBoBerry said:
SexyStephXS said:
Shaun__ said:

I kind of agree with that. Let's say you buy 10 tickets for 1000 tokens on the first day of the raffle. You go into the raffle assuming those are your odds. Ten out of however many sold, and you have the same odds as anyone else spending as much as you did.

Now the last week the model changes the price to buy one get two free or something like that. That same 1000 tokens gets the person buying them then 30 tickets. You spent the same money as that person yet he has triple the odds of winning over you because the rules were changed mid game. That's not really the agreement made with the model when you bought them in the first place.

I'm not really saying i care that much, just that I understand someone saying it isn't really fair. It technically isn't.

I don't see any agreement there though. You bought 10 tickets for 1000 tokens, the model didn't say "this price will never change" or anythin of the sort. The tickets later went on sale, you could have bought more at that time but you chose not to. Unless the model said "tickets are 100 tokens apiece and I will never change the price", there's nothing unfair about it. I see it about as unfair as buying a pack of Oreos that ended up going on sale the next day.

ETA: Gaming laws do not apply.

SexyStephXS said:
JerryBoBerry said:
SexyStephXS said:
Shaun__ said:

I'm not really saying i care that much, just that I understand someone saying it isn't really fair. It technically isn't.

I don't see any agreement there though. You bought 10 tickets for 1000 tokens, the model didn't say "this price will never change" or anythin of the sort. The tickets later went on sale, you could have bought more at that time but you chose not to. Unless the model said "tickets are 100 tokens apiece and I will never change the price", there's nothing unfair about it. I see it about as unfair as buying a pack of Oreos that ended up going on sale the next day.

You tell people the ticket price is X and the prize is Y. To be perfectly fair, to the first person to buy a ticket, at the end of the raffle tickets would still be X or higher, and the prize would still be Y or higher. There is an assumption when you enter a contest that the rules will not change after the contest is in progress.

Your cookie analogy is not accurate, because cookies are not raffle tickets anymore than videos are. Everyone knows commodities change price over time, but people know that there is not going to be a super lottery ticket sale after they bought theirs that will put them at a competitive disadvantage.

Shaun__ said:
SexyStephXS said:
JerryBoBerry said:
SexyStephXS said:
Shaun__ said:

You tell people the ticket price is X and the prize is Y. To be perfectly fair, to the first person to buy a ticket, at the end of the raffle tickets would still be X or higher, and the prize would still be Y or higher. There is an assumption when you enter a contest that the rules will not change after the contest is in progress.

Your cookie analogy is not accurate, because cookies are not raffle tickets anymore than videos are. Everyone knows commodities change price over time, but people know that there is not going to be a super lottery ticket sale after they bought theirs that will put them at a competitive disadvantage.

Idk, on my raffles I always say the price may change depending on specials or they can be won in games. Camgirl raffles are not powerball.

TIL members don't really like it when raffle tickets go on sale. :think:

I had never really thought of it that way to be honest.
I can see where you guys are coming from with it though. Would you prefer if a model didn't put raffle tickets on sale at all?
I tend to run long-ish raffles, a couple weeks+ and would usually pick one day a week where raffle tickets would be on sale OR if there was a day where I wasn't really feeling well and couldn't do any sort of show but still wanted to sign on with an incentive to tip. I've never gotten any complaints about it, though.
Raffle sale days usually always go well and even guys who buy them at full price will also go in when they're on sale.

On super slow days I sometimes do a double dip special where buying videos and such would even get you raffle tickets. Would you say that this is unfair as well?

Matte Black said:
If the model actually cheated should I say her name to warn other users?

No, Just hide and ignore the model and move on.

I won a raffle where the model was accused of cheating. She glanced down at the bucket when she was pulling the ticket and someone said she was looking for my name since I was her "Mr. Special". She redid the drawing after showing every ticket and counting how many tickets each person bought. Only six people had bought tickets and I had bought five times more then the next closest person. She used a clear jar for the re-draw so every one could see. She shook it up, looked up at the ceiling and pulled another ticket. I won again. The accuser stormed out of her room, never to return.

It was not the case here but I could understand someone being upset if the rules had been changed and "Mr. Special" was able to get tickets at a discount.

Shaun__ said:
SexyStephXS said:
Idk, on my raffles I always say the price may change depending on specials or they can be won in games. Camgirl raffles are not powerball.

Telling people up front, and also in the small print is the fairest way to do it. It helps prevent hurt feelings.
Yes, that changes the entire picture. Warning in advance that you may offer "specials" during the term of the raffle is perfectly legitimate, but to do it randomly with no warning is a bit sleazy. Exaggeration, but it's really no different than offering tickets for a certain price and then suddenly saying on the last day, "oh, btw, I'm giving all the unsold tickets to my friend "Ted."

Reactions: MemberEd
Nordling said:
Shaun__ said:
SexyStephXS said:

Telling people up front, and also in the small print is the fairest way to do it. It helps prevent hurt feelings.
Yes, that changes the entire picture. Warning in advance that you may offer "specials" during the term of the raffle is perfectly legitimate, but to do it randomly with no warning is a bit sleazy. Exaggeration, but it's really no different than offering tickets for a certain price and then suddenly saying on the last day, "oh, btw, I'm giving all the unsold tickets to my friend "Ted."

I also had no idea how many members felt this way. Huh. This thread has ironically turned out to be very informative.

Nordling said:
Shaun__ said:
SexyStephXS said:

Couldn't we say the same things about videos, though?
Would you be pissed and feel it was sleazy if you bought a girls video for 200 tokens and then the next day her videos were half off?
Should we keep things at the same price always, and if not where do we draw the line with this type of thing?

I feel like if the terms and conditions/fine print on raffle infographics is going to be longer than the raffle info, it's getting to be a little silly. In every raffle I ever did, I never went into them thinking I'd put them on sale, it just sort of happened if the mood struck me or if I thought I needed more incentives to tip. Sad to know that people may have thought it was sleazy.

*Raffle tickets may or may not go on sale or may or may not be offered as a 2-for-1, 3-for-1, 4-for-1 deal. They may also be given away as prizes in games, given out to high tippers, in addition to or in place of video and picset sales or in any other unforeseen scenario at some point during the duration of this raffle. All things subject to change. Terms and conditions apply.

NoelleBright said:
Nordling said:
Shaun__ said:
SexyStephXS said:

Would you be pissed and feel it was sleazy if you bought a girls video for 200 tokens and then the next day her videos were half off?
Should we keep things at the same price always, and if not where do we draw the line with this type of thing?

Video purchasing isn't a competition though. In a competition with buy-in, like a raffle, I would expect every participant to have paid the same price per unit that I have.

NoelleBright said:
Nordling said:
Shaun__ said:
SexyStephXS said:

Not really. As Shaun mentioned, merchandise always goes up and down for a lot of reasons. But when it comes to gambling....which is dicey at best anyway (you may get nothing), you as a customer want definite rules from the beginning to the end. What if you went to a horse track and bet on SilverButt to win, but just as the race gets going, they say, "oh, btw, the horse that finishes last will be the winner." Gambling. Don't mess with it. :)

Reactions: JimsX and DuoShi
I'm guessing that many models don't know this, but lotteries/raffles are actually against the MFC code of conduct and illegal under both federal and I believe all 50 states laws.

Code of conduct
You agree that you will not post, or otherwise distribute or facilitate distribution of any Content that:

is illegal, unlawful, threatening, abusive, racist, inflammatory, harassing, defamatory, libelous, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another's privacy or publicity rights, tortious, or otherwise violates MFC's rules or policies;
infringes on any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity, or other proprietary right of any party;
constitutes unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, chain letters, any other form of unauthorized solicitation, or any form of lottery or gambling.

What is a Lottery?
Unlike a sweepstakes, a lottery is a promotional device by which items of value (prizes) are awarded to members of the public by chance,
but which requires some form of payment to participate. Lotteries are illegal, except when conducted by states and certain exempt
charitable organizations. If you believe you have received a solicitation in the guise of a sweepstakes which is an illegal lottery, you
should contact your local Post Office™ or state Attorney General’s consumer protection office.
http://about.usps.com/publications/pub546.pdf

The key elements to a lottery are prize, consideration, and chance. Now I suppose some of the raffle could be be possible in a grey area, but the vast majority where model offers a prize, e.g. a dinner, disneyland tickets, iPad with pictures, a skype date, and require the purchase of raffle tickets (consideration) and the drawing is conducting by chance are form of gambling and are illegal. States tend to guard their money making lotteries rather jealously and hate competition.

While true, it's another one of those "look the other way" things on cam sites. The magnitude of skype, video, or whatever raffles on MFC are individually of such a low level of cash compared to other forms of gambling that I don't think anyone needs to worry about it.

Still, it's a good idea for that very reason to make raffles as clean as possible. No changing rules in midstream.

Nordling said:
While true, it's another one of those "look the other way" things on cam sites. The magnitude of skype, video, or whatever raffles on MFC are individually of such a low level of cash compared to other forms of gambling that I don't think anyone needs to worry about it.

Still, it's a good idea for that very reason to make raffles as clean as possible. No changing rules in midstream.

I'm sure that some of the date raffles get more than $10,000 worth of lottery tickets sold. The top models make $50K a month and many of them have date or other raffles which get significant purchases. In my state if they find more than $10,000 it moves it into a felony class gambling. More over since so many models are running raffles, collectively MFC is making tens of millions by turning a blind eye.

HiGirlsRHot said:
Nordling said:

I'm sure that some of the date raffles get more than $10,000 worth of lottery tickets sold. The top models make $50K a month and many of them have date or other raffles which get significant purchases. In my state if they find more than $10,000 it moves it into a felony class gambling. More over since so many models are running raffles, collectively MFC is making tens of millions by turning a blind eye.
Yeah, date raffles kind of scare me (for the model) anyway. But most raffles are nowhere near that large.

Reactions: Violet October
This actually is super informative. I'll know in the future to put fine print on the graphic of a raffle that will go on longer than a night or two. It's interesting that DURING raffles no one says anything. I legit thought everyone would enjoy the sales, as I've never had anyone say otherwise. But I definitely can understand being bummed if someone one when you bought more expensive tickets, and they bought theirs on a sale.

I understand when someone said every ticket has an equal chance of winning. But each PERSON has a different chance of winning - and that would be completely fine if the tickets were always the same price. Now someone who spent the same amount of money as you has a bigger chance of winning if they spent that money on a sale night.

Status
Not open for further replies.