AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Another MFC tweak

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 26, 2011
Has anybody noticed today?
Now below the page avatars, it shows if you are allowing guests to chat in your room or not.

Attachments

• nochat.jpg
    nochat.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 485
They also did away with the pop up chat room link. Now we have to click menu and go to pop up chat room from there. They should have left it alone. I could care less if the model allows guest to chat or not.

ga5457 said:
They also did away with the pop up chat room link. Now we have to click menu and go to pop up chat room from there. They should have left it alone. I could care less if the model allows guest to chat or not.
No, they just made it an icon instead of the word spelled out, exactly the same as it appears next to the lounge links in the side menu. Look at the screenshot in the original post. The icon that looks like little two windows next to the word "Chat" is the popup option.

Reactions: SoTxBob and Evvie
I usually allow guests to chat, I rarely have a problem with them. But no more, I suppose.

Evvie said:
I usually allow guests to chat, I rarely have a problem with them. But no more, I suppose.

?? I'm sure you still have the option... now it just shows from the outside if they're muted.

You only see that if you are a guest. Basics get a notification as well.

Premium​
PjBIL.jpg

Basic​
Bbcxv.jpg

Reactions: SoTxBob
Interesting, I logged on as a guest and checked out three rooms that did NOT display the "No Guest Chat" text and all three of them had guests on mute.

Reactions: camstory
I'm an optimist. Maybe they THOUGHT this would be a good idea so that prems who don't want to see basics and guests can't?

...And then I realized that premiums won't see the "no basic/no guest" labels :woops:

They must be bored or something... :lol:
Since they added the room count numbers, it seems they eliminated the showing if guests or basics are allowed to chat that was the initial post here.... I looked from the 3 perspectives and all notice is gone now.
:? Maybe the 'light went on' and they had the same thought BuxomZoe did here.

I shall wait with baited breath to see what they come up with next ... :woops:

In my opinion, this newest "tweak" will hurt the models that don't have many members in their room. Guys/girls will see the rooms with a lot of people in them and go in to see why so many are there. The Most Popluar Room feature served the same purpose. It may also embarrass some of the girls by showing everyone that they only have 5 or 10 people in their room while others have 1000 or more. I may be totally wrong here but it's something to think about.

ga5457 said:
In my opinion, this newest "tweak" will hurt the models that don't have many members in their room. Guys/girls will see the rooms with a lot of people in them and go in to see why so many are there. The Most Popluar Room feature served the same purpose. It may also embarrass some of the girls by showing everyone that they only have 5 or 10 people in their room while others have 1000 or more. I may be totally wrong here but it's something to think about.
I could be in the minority but I prefer rooms with smaller room counts. I like to know things I say or tips I make are not lost in a sea of chat from a massive room count.

I agree with that but for the trolls, baggars and non-tippers it will be like a magnet. They will get their free shows without having to search for them as much.

Kradek said:
ga5457 said:
I could be in the minority but I prefer rooms with smaller room counts. I like to know things I say or tips I make are not lost in a sea of chat from a massive room count.
THIS!!! THIS!!!! THIS!!!! :twocents-02cents:

Found it.. the option is still available for the guests to see who they can bother...
yes/no box in the filter sorting.
...and yes, it does seem these latest tweeks are to benefit the freeloaders more.

Sort models by:
Show which models:
Group models by status?
Show friends first?
Show models in private first?
Show HD webcams first?
Display Type:
Show if Guests can chat?

I'm still waiting, hoping, :pray: for full integration with an Ipad. Using IOS Safari vs. iSwifter browser would be awesome!

The one thing I would like to see is a time limit imposed on how long you can watch the same model for free every day. So that if basics want a free show they at least can't sit in the same model's chat room all night.
Unfortunately the trend on MFC seems to be to make things much easier for those who don't intend to tip, or even bother to create a basic account :roll:

ShelterLight said:
The one thing I would like to see is a time limit imposed on how long you can watch the same model for free every day. So that if basics want a free show they at least can't sit in the same model's chat room all night.
Unfortunately the trend on MFC seems to be to make things much easier for those who don't intend to tip, or even bother to create a basic account :roll:

SO MUCH THIS!!!!

The room count seems to be gone already too. Wonder why. They even tweeted about it proudly.

AmberCutie said:
The room count seems to be gone already too. Wonder why. They even tweeted about it proudly.
Since MFC keeps changing its mind, it must be run by women. :lol:

AmberCutie said:

I went and looked and still saw the room counts. So I cleared my cache and tried again. It looks like they decided it is only needed in the cluttered menu.

wL6J9.jpg

I wish they'd put our headline back in our menu.

Reactions: LadyLuna
Status
Not open for further replies.