AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Anyone else have an alcohol problem?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 18, 2017
I never had a problem with alcohol until I started drinking to cope with stress. I highly advise against it because it becomes a habit before you know and a problem not long after.

I'm really struggling to kick it. I keep telling myself I'll focus on that in summertime.

I dunno if a lot of sex workers/camgirls have this problem, but a lot I've known have. Is it something you struggle with and how do you deal with it?

Also, it doesn't have to be alcohol, it can be drugs or any addiction.

I have food problems (major binge eating) which obviously doesn't compare to what your dealing with so maybe this won't help.

But just in case it can. I always try to replace food with something that's good for me and creates endorphins. Like running, bdsm, massage etc.

As well for relaxation I'm a huge fan of the tea you can get at David's tea with valerian root in it.

I have no issue quitting drinking. I have an issue getting over anxiety when I don't drink.

I have an appt on the 19th of February to get my medication fixed so hopefully this issue is temporary. I have cut back to not allowing anything more than red wine in my house and find that it has helped. It's like the sipping, not the drunk feeling, is what helps. Like the slight off taste and the knowledge of the alcohol content kind of helps bring me back to reality.

I'd say drinking to cope is what caused my issue to begin with. And also my lack of honesty with doctors about my alcohol use(I go to a low income clinic. I "used to" self harm and have a suicide attempt on record. I don't want to be hospitalized. I don't want to be denied the medicine I need).

So what I would say is, I had a drinking problem last year. I have started this year with not drinking if I'm not camming. I feel great about that decision. I cut out all hard liquor at home. I want to get to a point where I can go without drinking even while I'm working. I'm happy with my progress so far.

I have no issue quitting drinking. I have an issue getting over anxiety when I don't drink.

I have an appt on the 19th of February to get my medication fixed so hopefully this issue is temporary. I have cut back to not allowing anything more than red wine in my house and find that it has helped. It's like the sipping, not the drunk feeling, is what helps. Like the slight off taste and the knowledge of the alcohol content kind of helps bring me back to reality.

I'd say drinking to cope is what caused my issue to begin with. And also my lack of honesty with doctors about my alcohol use(I go to a low income clinic. I "used to" self harm and have a suicide attempt on record. I don't want to be hospitalized. I don't want to be denied the medicine I need).

So what I would say is, I had a drinking problem last year. I have started this year with not drinking if I'm not camming. I feel great about that decision. I cut out all hard liquor at home. I want to get to a point where I can go without drinking even while I'm working. I'm happy with my progress so far.

I admire your attempts to make progress. I agree about the anxiety. For me, though, I used to be able to get buzzed...but now it seems like I have to get fully drunk every time I drink.

I also think that even if my anxiety were to go away, not drinking would produce its own anxiety. Like losing my security blanket.

But yeah, my drinking definitely escalates in stressful times as well and it's been really bad lately.

I admire your attempts to make progress. I agree about the anxiety. For me, though, I used to be able to get buzzed...but now it seems like I have to get fully drunk every time I drink.

I also think that even if my anxiety were to go away, not drinking would produce its own anxiety. Like losing my security blanket.

But yeah, my drinking definitely escalates in stressful times as well and it's been really bad lately.

That's how I was last year. Drunk every fucking night. No joke. Every night for over 9 months I'd start drinking at noon because I was hungover from the night before. So, that's why I think this is such a strong improvement for me. It was really hard the first few days. I cried a lot. But I feel better physicallye too. My fingers and shit were getting numb randomly. It was scary and weird.

That's why I just cut back to one to three glasses of wine a night. I love liquor and one day I hope to be in the headspace to drink it again. But not today.

If you like sipping something that alters your mood I drink kratom tea. It's a natural opiate so since I've been clean from heroin for a few years my low tolerance allows for a nice buzz. Plus it helps with my anxiety, it gives me motivation, and I become very happy and chatty so it's perfect for on cam. I only buy online, the head shop crap is garbage. My favorite vendor is happyhippo.com because they rate their strains from:

Slow- Helps with anxiety, makes you sleepy, very calming, works for pain.

Moderate- Helps with motivation, anxiety, energy, pain relief.

Fast- Energy boost, pain relief, anxiety relief.

That being said I do drink vodka every day, and I'm exhausted with it. It takes so much for me to feel anything that I just blackout every night.

The times I've quit drinking, kombucha is what I sipped on cam for the slight alcohol taste in some, and it's natural energy.

No but I was a borderline alcoholic from 18 to 23 years old. Trying psychedelics for the first time made me quit drinking but I ended up addicted to other drugs and now I'm finally starting to taper off of methadone, which I got on because I had worked myself up to a $200 a day opiate habit.

I know the struggle of addiction.

Good for you for recognizing your problem, most won't admit that it is an issue for them! I really enjoy drinking but the hangovers are what keep me from doing it regularly. My problem is smoking a lot of weed when I'm anxious/stressed/depressed and binge-eating when I'm overwhelmed/anxious/stressed/depressed, which just turns into an ugly vicious cycle of self-loathing. I hope you manage to get it under control, addiction is extremely difficult to deal with, I wouldn't wish it on anyone. :h:

Status
Not open for further replies.