AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

anyone stream with a macbook? or know macs? major issues! please help if you can.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pennybabyblue

Cam Model
Oct 14, 2018
Hi all,

Posting re streaming on a Macbook Pro. I attached in the photos all the stats of my computer and my OBS settings.

I'm dropping frames like crazy when I stream on chaturbate!! Its nuts. my internet should be fine. I have a theory that its because of all this nonsense dongle use.

Anyone at all know if they can help specifically with this if you understand Macs? I think mine may be specific to me using Apple.

Thanks so much

Attachments

• yes.png
    yes.png
    16.3 KB · Views: 9
  • yes1.png
    yes1.png
    22.5 KB · Views: 10
  • yes2.png
    yes2.png
    56.7 KB · Views: 13
  • yes3.png
    yes3.png
    74 KB · Views: 14
  • yes4.png
    yes4.png
    104.4 KB · Views: 15
  • yes5.png
    yes5.png
    196.9 KB · Views: 14
I had so many issues with my Mac and streaming to CB I ended up buying a refurbished gaming Windows system..... And I am a full blown love Mac to pieces person, I fucking hate windows but for some reason it's getting the job done. I had the same issue and when I updated OBS it got a little better for awhile... Also, check your processing - I was running 4GB on my Mac and now I'm running 12 on this microsoft pain in the ass laptop but I'm not having the issue anymore :)

5 mbsp UPLOAD is not fine at all. On top of that the frame drops are connection based so you're not even getting consistent 5mb. Are you in the US because I don't know an ISP that offers 200mb download but only 5mb upload it's criminal levels of fine print. I have a feeling you're supposed to be getting for more upload look at that much download. Even comcast which is the shittiest ISP base is 10 or 20mb now.

5 mbsp UPLOAD is not fine at all. On top of that the frame drops are connection based so you're not even getting consistent 5mb. Are you in the US because I don't know an ISP that offers 200mb download but only 5mb upload it's criminal levels of fine print. I have a feeling you're supposed to be getting for more upload look at that much download. Even comcast which is the shittiest ISP base is 10 or 20mb now.
That's fully dependant on your ISP. 5mbs is perfectly fine streaming at 3000kbs if your speeds don't fluctuate wildly, which will be the case for many people.

That's fully dependant on your ISP. 5mbs is perfectly fine streaming at 3000kbs if your speeds don't fluctuate wildly, which will be the case for many people.

That's 75% of your entire pipe just to the stream itself. Assuming nothing else is on your network or your streaming anything else like music and then you have your chat and other things like your cell phone or devices people auto connect when they're home. It's a really big thread for a small needlehole. This is being technically correct vs practical application. I would still wonder who give 200mb service tier plans with only 5mb upload? Something doesn't seem right about that.

That's 75% of your entire pipe just to the stream itself. Assuming nothing else is on your network or your streaming anything else like music and then you have your chat and other things like your cell phone or devices people auto connect when they're home. It's a really big thread for a small needlehole. This is being technically correct vs practical application. I would still wonder who give 200mb service tier plans with only 5mb upload? Something doesn't seem right about that.

What does streaming music have to do with upload speed? People rarely ever use much of their upload speed, which is the exact reason why ISP get away with keeping it so low. I know someone who's internet is like 3mb and they have been reliably streaming at 2.5k bitrate for months...

Status
Not open for further replies.