AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Check my settings!? and I'm cutting out... sigh.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pennybabyblue

Cam Model
Oct 14, 2018
Hi techie folks,

Wondering if you could glance over my OBS settings and tell me if I'm doing something wrong.. I have major frames dropping in my show. Going from sort of steady rates of 3000 ish to then 1500. Even when I stream SD I drop a few, buts its not so bad. My internet was fine for months and months then all of a sudden this happens but I have about 5 in upload speed, which worked for ages. Thinking of just getting a new router just incase... even though it'll cost me but you know internet companies. They claim nothing is wrong at all! But I know something changed.

I stream on 13 in macbook mojave. I updated to Mojave recently that helped A LOT but now its back to being glitchy. I use big dongles to make sure I can use my microphone & cam. I wonder if those could be hurting it. There are no USB ports in the computer.

Anyway, if something looks fishy, mind telling me?

Thanks, all :)

Settings:
Screen Shot 2019-11-09 at 6.20.08 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-11-09 at 6.20.03 PM.png

Stats from 1 hour:

Screen Shot 2019-11-09 at 6.28.18 PM.png

Were these settings ever stable for you?

Have you looked at Troubleshooting in How do I set up OBS? Is it showing dropped frame? high CPU use? Encoder Overloaded? Stream Status Red?

Your settings match the OBS chart for CB
853x480800 - 1200 kbps96 kbps24 - 30
1024x5761200 - 3000 kbps96 kbps24 - 30
1280x7203000 - 5000 kbps96 kbps24 - 30
1920x10805000 - 8000 kbps128 kbps24 - 30
2560x14408000 - 12000 kbps192 kbps24 - 30
3840x216012000 - 20000 kbps192 kbps24 - 30
You could try dropping down a resolution in settings if it's not stable.

Or try a specific CB ingest point.

When the issue is happening have you tried running a speed test?

Reactions: pennybabyblue
Hi! I don't seem to have any other option for encoder settings than software... what do you mean? Thanks!

Oh, most of the time hardware encoding options are available, what processor are you using? Also I just realized you are using a mackbook, so immediately heating issues come to mind. Have you noticed it running hotter than usual, and do you get more lag the longer you are online?

Oh, most of the time hardware encoding options are available, what processor are you using? Also I just realized you are using a mackbook, so immediately heating issues come to mind. Have you noticed it running hotter than usual, and do you get more lag the longer you are online?
Do you mean changing the setting encorder from software x264 to something else? Yeah... don't have that option :(

Here are my computer specs:

Screen Shot 2019-11-10 at 12.32.38 AM.png

Its sometimes the longer I stay online, yeah. But also sometimes I'll be cutting out for awhile then will be back to normal.

I thought about getting a CAT7 ethernet cable... even the upgrade to a CAT6 from a CAT5 super helped.

Any other ideas... I'm open. Why are tech problems THE WORST!

Do you mean changing the setting encorder from software x264 to something else? Yeah... don't have that option :(

Here are my computer specs:

View attachment 82417

Its sometimes the longer I stay online, yeah. But also sometimes I'll be cutting out for awhile then will be back to normal.

I thought about getting a CAT7 ethernet cable... even the upgrade to a CAT6 from a CAT5 super helped.

Any other ideas... I'm open. Why are tech problems THE WORST!

That's weird, your processor does support QuickSync from what I can tell. These are the options that I have with mine.
1573339477204.png
Before I switched to QuickSync I could barely stream in 720p without lag, similar to what you are describing. It could possibly be that you need to update drivers, which seems to be a common cause for other people missing the option in OBS.

Cat7 is for 10,000 Mbps. Your streaming at 8 Mbps. So Cat5e or even cat6 is fine. There really no reason to spend more money for a cat7 cable.

If you had need of a cat7 cable, you'd need hardware that rated for Cat7, And can handle 10,000 Mbps a second.

if the cable failing, then yah, swapping it out could help. But if that's happening usually the whole internet would be offline.

Status
Not open for further replies.