AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Are Australian Accents Attractive?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 16, 2011
Australia
Twitter Username
@YelloMit
Tumblr Username
YelloMit
MFC Username
YelloMit
Being from Australia, I get a lot of people saying that they like the sound of my accent due to it sounding "relaxed and cool". I never really thought that, but I have always wondered if non-Australians find our accent attractive?

I pretty much sound like Hugh Jackman but with the pitch of Barry White. I'm not even kidding.

EDIT: If this is in the wrong forum, feel free to move it.

I happen to think Aussie accents are extremely attractive! But one of my close friends does not-- he also doesn't find English, French, or many other non-American accents attractive either though, so don't worry about him. :lol:

YelloMit said:
Being from Australia, I get a lot of people saying that they like the sound of my accent due to it sounding "relaxed and cool". I never really thought that, but I have always wondered if non-Australians find our accent attractive?

I pretty much sound like Hugh Jackman but with the pitch of Barry White. I'm not even kidding.

For the most part we [as a country] pretty much fell in love with the accent all because of Paul Hogan and Crocodile Dundee. So you can thank him for it all.

But because of him we also are very perplexed when you don't have shrimps on the barbie waiting for us as we get off the plane during visits. Very perplexed.

So he's a bit of a curse on your country as well. :lol:

Oldish video of me. Friend of mine wanted me to recite a shit-ton of Shakespeare, but I decided to only do a little bit. I was half-whispering in this video due to it being like 1 in the morning and everyone else in the house being asleep.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10 ... 0724998368

JerryBoBerry said:
YelloMit said:

For the most part we [as a country] pretty much fell in love with the accent all because of Paul Hogan and Crocodile Dundee. So you can thank him for it all.

But because of him we also are very perplexed when you don't have shrimps on the barbie waiting for us as we get off the plane during visits. Very perplexed.

So he's a bit of a curse on your country as well. :lol:
I for one, would be crushed if I found that there was no man in Brussels, six foot four and full of muscle, to give me a Vegemite sandwich.

In m experience traveling, there are a few different sounding Aus accents ( as there are for most countries), depending where you are in the country. Where I lived in Sweden was known as "the least sexy accent in Sweden" because it's kinda.. "hick-ish".. a lot of farming and stuff.. in Stockholm, they say the accent sounds stuck up. And southern Sweden sounds like they have oatmeal in their mouth.

Same with French accents in France, it depended where I was in the country.

I met some people from Sydney who sounded drastically different from the people in Perth. I enjoyed both their accents, but I found the people in Perth to be more pronounced, and the people in Sydney used a lot more slang.

:twocents-02cents:

I sure hope so! :p
I've only had compliments on my accent so far, but I'm sure there where some who didn't like it and moved on without comment. The biggest thing I hear from other aussies is that some people find the accent annoying, but in all the conversations I've had with people who've traveled and gotten a lot of comments it seems that Australian accents are usually pretty well received and some people certainly do find them attractive :)

As a dude living in the US, I can say I freaking love Australian accents. Generally Australian people as well. I live in Las Vegas and we get tons of international travelers. My favorite to deal with are Australian. They are just always so friendly and laid back. Not a care or worry in the world. Even when they are having a problem they never get upset. It's fantastic.

Did I mention I'm an Aussie?

Heh, one small problem, I'm from South Australia, not settled by convicts and as a result our accent retains a more cultured English Accent. It's not an English Accent, not even the slightest bit like an English accent, but rather the closest of all the Aussies to a 'proper' English accent.

I mean we still say 'G'day Mate', 'Bugger' and 'Fair Suck of the Sav' like all other Aussies, but we aren't as ockerish sounding as the other states.

Strangely enough I love any accent other than the Australian. Can't stand to watch Aussie Films/TV Shows. Went to the states for 6 weeks over 15 years ago, got on a Qantas flight to come home and could have sworn the attendants were putting on the accent it was so strong.

Reactions: MayaEden
WizofAus said:
I'm from South Australia, not settled by convicts and as a result our accent retains a more cultured English Accent.

I'm no history buff, but always try to refrain from potentially offending/hurting someone by saying things that aren't directly pertinent to the topic. The bolded part could easily offend or hurt someone who is personally from North Australia, or whose mother might have been. I know you're new to the forum, so I'm trying to give you some pointers before you stuff your foot in your mouth.

Besides, you don't want that model you're oh, so attracted to, to see you in a bad light. Right? Right. :thumbleft:

I always appreciate feedback, and thank you for pointing this out.

As I stated in my 'who the f*#@ are you' post, I would never intentionally offend, and in turn can't be offended. So taking this into consideration, the following is not submitted with any anger or from a defensive position, but rather the opportunity to explain further.

As pointed out in an earlier post on this topic, a few have mentioned how laid back we are. I would find it very unlikely that any Aussie would be offended by the knowledge that their ancestors were convicts, quite possibly some might even be proud that their ancestors were one of the first to arrive in Australia.

If anything, it is more likely to be found offensive to an English person, rather than another Aussie, as it is considered, through my experience, an insult for an Aussie to be referred to as 'English' or have any resemblance of an English accent.

I may be wrong, and would be interested to hear what the other Aussies think.

If I am wrong then I will willingly censor further jovial posts and make a public apology to those I have offended. :). Unfortunately, knowing Aussies all to well, it is quite likely they will play up the offense just to get the apology and have a laugh at my expense.

P.s. How do you know I've got the hots for a cam model. ;)

Reactions: ACFFAN69
I tend to find all accents sexy, but I don't put too much behind them.

I do find the Australian accent to be attractive. When I was going through Voir dire for jury duty a few years ago, the assistant district attorney was originally from Australia, and she seemed like a really friendly, laid back person.

Now, if they could just stop using the imperial British way to spell English words with all those unnecessary U's.

YelloMit said:

American here, have always loved loved LOVED aussie accents! I like most accents honestly though, there is only one I can think of that I don't like (outside of america accents that is) within America, I hate a strong country accent. I am from the south though and I hope that I don't sound too much like many of those around me. I was in a session with a girl once who had such a strong country accent I literally didn't think she was speaking english...crazy.

WizofAus said:
As pointed out in an earlier post on this topic, a few have mentioned how laid back we are. I would find it very unlikely that any Aussie would be offended by the knowledge that their ancestors were convicts, quite possibly some might even be proud that their ancestors were one of the first to arrive in Australia.

If anything, it is more likely to be found offensive to an English person, rather than another Aussie, as it is considered, through my experience, an insult for an Aussie to be referred to as 'English' or have any resemblance of an English accent.

I may be wrong, and would be interested to hear what the other Aussies think.
I'd be willing to bet far more Australians with convict roots are proud of them then are embarrassed by them. I think the convict settlement thing is something that as a nation we embrace in a way others may not really get.

I do think you're neglecting the role multiculturalism has played in the development of the variations in accents though (variations which honestly are really really subtle and are rarely noticed by non Aussies, especially when you compare it to the differences between accents in American states and the multitude of diverse accents England has.)
it doesn't really feel to me as though "this state had the convicts and that state had the Englishmen" and that's just how the accents stayed. like, we are a massively multicultural people and over the years our accents totally adapted to that imo.
oh yeah, if a britt heard you say a SA Aussie accent sounds British they'd probably laugh! stretching out the A in giraffe does not equal a British accent :p

Reactions: WizofAus
Status
Not open for further replies.