AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Are there any legit platforms that pay you to refer new models?

• Thread starter Deleted member 61623
  • Start date
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think model referral programs are BEST suited to be used by models themselves.
Revshare and a member affiliate program is not the same thing. Revshare, you get a percentage of whatever the model who signed up through your link makes. Affiliate, you get a percentage of whatever a member who signed up through your link spends on the site.
This is a great thing to point out.

Generally speaking, a lot of affiliate promoters are themselves dudes who enjoy the content and know how to send other horny dudes there and get a reward for doing so. The promoter has the general experience needed because they themselves are or at least behave just as the members they refer do.

In this thread's scenario, it's (seems to be, just assuming) a non-model dude who enjoy the content but want to send the CREATORS to these sites to get them a reward. The promoter in this case does NOT have the experience of the people they're trying to get a reward for recruiting.
As is noted here:
How, without having had years of experience as a cam model yourself, would you even begin to know how to match models to the right sites for their personality?

It's certainly different than just generating viewer traffic like a normal affiliate would. And:
If you are unable to find these programs on your own, I feel a lot of doubt about your ability to amass useful information to help potential new performers succeed. I don't think I'm alone in this, and it's probably what is preventing you from getting anywhere with this thread.
yeah pretty much this. I've been trying to give the benefit of the doubt here, but really when it comes down to it, if these basic questions need to be asked, the person asking is not in a great position to recruit models. Just members via affiliate stuff.

So in the end, our recommendation if you insist on trying to make money in this industry without being the talent YOURSELF, is to stick to affiliate marketing.

If you are unable to find these programs on your own, I feel a lot of doubt about your ability to amass useful information to help potential new performers succeed. I don't think I'm alone in this, and it's probably what is preventing you from getting anywhere with this thread.

If you know where to look, why is this a query here?
Because most of these companies are a scam. That's why I'm asking.

ETA; Plus there are already so many experienced verified models in the business that offer consultation services (as a one-off payment not a forever percentage) such as Larkin Love, or AdultGirlBoss (just to name a few off the top of my head, that I would use personally). Why would anyone choose an inexperienced rep, over using one of these services put forth by people who have literally years of successful experience under their belts? Not to mention the wealth of free information in both the public and private areas of this very forum 🤷‍♀️
Jesus. I don't mean to be rude either but what part of MODELS WOULD EARN THE EXACT SAME AMOUNT OF MONEY REGARDLESS OF BEING SOMEONE'S REFERRAL OR NOT BECAUSE MY CUT WOULD BE PAID BY THE COMPANY AND NOT THE GIRL is that hard to understand?

Quite frankly, you have nothing to add to any models experience especially right now. Why on earth do you think that you could do this job if you can't even figure out how or where to sign up for these programs? Seriously, what insight, advice or actual experience do you have to give to a potential model? Only model referral ones I know are part of affiliate that gives a flat fee once and done for model sign ups. Not like member purchases that keep going. I've gotten several model signups that way but it can be extremely time consuming to walk a baby model step by step and that's as an experienced model on several platforms and I make damn good money.

Unless you've been hiding a ton of actual knowledge, just seems like you're looking to prey on girls who are too green to know what's what.
Did you even read my thread? I know where to look, the problem is there's not a lot of information on the topic. That, combined with the fact that apparently several of the companies that offer such a program are scams, well, leaves me with no choice but to ask here.

Revshare and a member affiliate program is not the same thing. Revshare, you get a percentage of whatever the model who signed up through your link makes. Affiliate, you get a percentage of whatever a member who signed up through your link spends on the site.

The biggest difference here is the repercussions models potentially face vs members. Models have to worry about a whole slew of possible negative outcomes for just choosing to be on a camsite. How would you be going about finding these potential models? Would you be signing up random people you know irl? Would you be running an ad on a website saying "Sign up now to work from home and make real $$$!"? Would you be alerting them to all the possible negative consequences they could face or would you just be urging them to sign up right away? I know this sounds dramatic, but stepping into the world of online adult content can have long lasting consequences and shouldn't be done lightly. Which brings me to this:

If a model doesn't know where to start, it's pretty safe to say she doesn't need a random internet person pushing her into signing up to whatever camsite they think is best for her. If someone really wants to get into camming and doesn't know the first place to begin, their best bet is to search online and read forums like this one or others out there where actual experienced models will give them advice.

I've said this before on the forum, and I'll say it again. Unless you have actual experience working as a cam model, you shouldn't be guiding or advising new models. Chances are, all your advice will do is hurt their chances at success and then they'll be burnt out on the industry after making no money and all they'll have to show for their time as a model is an internet paper trail that could possibly lead to those negative consequences I mentioned earlier (i.e getting fired from future jobs, having creeps creep on them, having family members or friends disown them).
I get where you're coming from and appreciate your opinion, however, what you don't understand is that I'm actually trying to educate myself in order to provide knowledgeable and valuable advice to the models I refer. That was the whole point of this thread.

To be honest, using the word “agent” for the service you’ve described is also very generous.

An “agent” for a talent - be it sports, music, acting, modeling or anything else - does more than take a cut and give advice. They negotiate salaries, they decipher the language in contracts (you can hire a lawyer instead, but you’re at a professional disadvantage if you yourself cannot make heads or tails of the fine print). And where the client works is not usually limited to a small subset of places willing to also pay the agent. The best option for the talent should not depend on which one will pay the middleman out of pocket.
I didn't invent the concept, that's what all cam sites/studios call the job. Go complain somewhere else.

• Wat?!
Reactions: yummybrownfox

Jesus. I don't mean to be rude either but what part of MODELS WOULD EARN THE EXACT SAME AMOUNT OF MONEY REGARDLESS OF BEING SOMEONE'S REFERRAL OR NOT BECAUSE MY CUT WOULD BE PAID BY THE COMPANY AND NOT THE GIRL is that hard to understand?

Did you even read my thread? I know where to look, the problem is there's not a lot of information on the topic. That, combined with the fact that apparently several of the companies that offer such a program are scams, well, leaves me with no choice but to ask here.

I get where you're coming from and appreciate your opinion, however, what you don't understand is that I'm actually trying to educate myself in order to provide knowledgeable and valuable advice to the models I refer. That was the whole point of this thread.

I didn't invent the concept, that's what all cam sites/studios call the job. Go complain somewhere else.
Well, I tried.
Fuck off you patronizing moron. No one wants your "services". You talk to people like shit, and you clearly don't know what the fuck you are doing.

That'll get through to this lazy jerk-off 🤷‍♀️
Clearly, it's the only language this idiot sandwhich understands.
Btw I absolutely mean to be rude now Moron, if you're gonna talk to me like that.

You come here asking veterans of this business to do your work for you, so you can fleece us. You are a fucking shit stain of a lazy idiot, and we can all see it CLEARLY!!

Guys, if anyone else wants to share their personal opinion, don't. I do not want to come off as offensive or disrespectful but I genuinely don't care if you think this is wrong, immoral or anything along those lines.
I will do this with our without your approval, and I will succeed because I will be targeting people with zero understanding on the subject.

I was just asking if any of you knew a site with a decent referral program, so if you do, I'd appreciate your advice, if not, please abstain from posting. Thanks.

• Wat?!
Guys, if anyone else wants to share their personal opinion, don't. I do not want to come off as offensive or disrespectful but I genuinely don't care if you think this is wrong, immoral or anything along those lines.
I will do this with our without your approval, and I will succeed because I will be targeting people with zero understanding on the subject.

I was just asking if any of you knew a site with a decent referral program, so if you do, I'd appreciate your advice, if not, please abstain from posting. Thanks.
No. Not your forum. And, no you won't be successful with anything. Keep lying to yourself dumb ass 😆

Well, I tried.
Fuck off you patronizing moron. No one wants your "services". You talk to people like shit, and you clearly don't know what the fuck you are doing.

That'll get through to this lazy jerk-off 🤷‍♀️
Clearly, it's the only language this idiot sandwhich understands.
Btw I absolutely mean to be rude now Moron, if you're gonna talk to me like that.

You come here asking veterans of this business to do your work for you, so you can fleece us. You are a fucking shit stain of a lazy idiot, and we can all see it CLEARLY!!
Not going to bother with you. Someone who can't even understand something so simple as what I have been trying to explain to everyone here clearly isn't worthy of my time.

Have an awesome day.

• Wat?!
Guys, if anyone else wants to share their personal opinion, don't. I do not want to come off as offensive or disrespectful but I genuinely don't care
If we aren't allowed to share our thoughts on it, what in the living fuck do we get out of helping you? This is a forum. It's for discussion. Not just an "ask your question, get your answer, profit" site.

So fuck off if you're not going to listen to what we folks who are experienced in this industry have to say.

Bless your heart.

Yes we read. Those who actually have insight and knowledge think this is a shitty idea for someone with no actual background. You seem to not be comprehending that it's a shitty idea. And posting things in all caps is pretty fucking rude. This is so not how to gain respect as a new member posting on a PUBLIC FORUM (see, that's yelling) telling us to just give you info or to shut up.

If you're not a cam model yourself, how are you going to educate yourself? By getting advice from actual cam models, obviously. Why should a new cam model get secondhand advice from someone who has never cammed a day in their life and has no real actual experience to base any sort of advice off of when they can just come straight to the source and ask actual cam models? Or better yet, sign up through an experienced model who can actually help them? Why should we help you, someone who is only looking to lazily profit off of naïve models? Your whole attitude is coming off as very entitled and exploitative. Not to mention:

I will succeed because I will be targeting people with zero understanding on the subject.

Big fucking yikes.

Stuff like this is the reason why no one wants to help out you, or any of the other people who have come here looking for similar "advice". We're not in the business of helping exploitative dudes take advantage of newbies so they can make a buck off of them.

I didn't invent the concept, that's what all cam sites/studios call the job.

I mean, you keep waffling between confidently proclaiming you already have the knowledge to pull this off and asking for guidance on pretty basic stuff. No disrespect, but it’s not a stretch to think you’ve got the definition of “agent” twisted, too.

I know what a talent agent does because it’s a large part of my own career. Otherwise I wouldn’t be hammering you on this particular point. But if you’re agenting someone without knowing what you are doing, you can actually damage their livelihoods and reputations. Apologies for grilling you on this stuff, but it’s important.

Like “enterpreneur,” “influencer” and “consultant,” “agent” is one of those career titles people give themselves a lot without actually being one, because it sounds like easy money. If you’re a fully qualified agent, then great. If not, you may jeopardize the careers of clients that don’t know any better.

This must be the definition of a parasite. Imagine walking up to people in the street telling them that they can get a job at McDonald's and expecting 5% of their future paychecks. This might very well be the most stupid business idea that I have seen this year, it doesn't even work as a scam because it doesn't promise anything and has a negative value.

This must be the definition of a parasite. Imagine walking up to people in the street telling them that they can get a job at McDonald's and expecting 5% of their future paychecks.
No no no, DJ, you got him all wrong. He wasn't going to take money from them. It's just very likely he'd sign up for referrals for sites that DO take a percentage of models' payout from the cam sites. But the blood isn't on HIS hands! for shame! no way!

Okay so they may not have the industry know-how, but they surely have the kindness and patience traits that someone who wants to guide newbs in the industry would require.

Status
Not open for further replies.