AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Area / Backgrounds / Rooms for Models? Good setup?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EllieNottie

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Jan 14, 2015
Hi !

First post :roll:

I am (un) patiently waiting to be approved on SM to start my side adventure as a cam model - I have been a lurker here reading and also talking to some models privately. I searched to see if this topic has come up already and didn't find anything searching - cam room, cam background, cam area! (point me in the direction if I missed it!)

So while I am twiddling my thumbs til my I get approved and can then get approved for model status and then get started - I'm rambling sorry! - I wanted to get my area set up!

What is a good room/area set up to get started? computer chair? A bed? I would prefer not to move about my house so one area to start. Hang up posters? artwork? etc?

:twocents-02cents: Personally I sit on the floor on a large firm cushion--I find it's more comfortable for me than sitting on the bed as it has less give. I keep my laptop a distance away from me and use a wireless mouse/keyboard. Within the next few months I'd like to upgrade to a large flat screen monitor with a desktop computer with an i7 processor. I'd like to get rid of the bed in my camming room all together and just get a computer chair-- no rearranging the camera/lights when you want to stand up and move around (I like moving around a lot, so I end up spending too much time rearranging my camera and lights).

It all chalks up to preference and what you have to work with, so try out some different seating arrangements and find out what makes you most comfortable and offers you the most variety. Try to work out a spot where you don't have to move the camera or adjust the lights if you need/want to stand, sit, etc.
Get rid of anything in the room that could appear on cam that would give away your info/location (receipts, packages, local items)
Decorate whatever way you feel expresses your persona. Artwork you like, fun lights, mirrors, pillows, etc. Make it comfortable. Some models have very casual rooms, some very fancy, some are busy and colorful (like mine--giant old rainbow tapestry, rainbow lights, patchwork covered bed, funky pillows). Poke around and see what kind of look you like. If I were to redecorate right now in a larger room, I'd make it less busy. I like the look of a clean, spacious area with nice detail, and my space is currently very busy and small.

There is an awesome thread in Models Only about cam rooms/spaces! Once you get verified on the forum I'd say check that thread out for some good ideas!

As for the best places or rooms to cam... IMO there's no right answer! If you lurk around any cam site you'll see a variety of different spaces and setups! Some girls prefer to lay on their bed, using a laptop; others like desktop setups, sitting in a large chair or on the floor with wireless peripherals. Depending on what kind of computer you're using (lappy or desktop), play around with your setup until you get comfortable. Just make sure your lighting is good, wherever you end up!

Personally, I prefer sitting at a desk. I have a pretty nice PC and prefer to use it to cam over my less-powerful laptop. It also gives me the freedom to relax a little in between standing up and dancing/teasing/whatever. I tend to feel a little uncomfortable propped up on my bed (either on my tummy or on my arms... either way, it's not comfortable for me). I'm planning on getting a bigger, comfier chair for camming purposes (right now I have a pretty generic computer-desk chair), similar to a papasan chair probably... when this happens I'll use that chair when I cam and my desk chair for computing purposes. :)

As for decor - follow your heart! :) I'm sure people would love to see your personal style and interests through your decor choices! For example, I have a lot of nerdy art on the walls, action figures on shelves, etc. -- but my camroom is also my bedroom, so just be aware of what you're hanging up if it's personal items (you don't want anything to give away personal information).

Thank you ladies!

I am probably over thinking this aspect as I await to get approved on the cam sites (WAITING IS HARD YALL). :whistle: but gives me something to do in the meantime!

Reactions: Eva_Sunshine
Since SM is mainly sex-oriented rather than game oriented, having a big COMFORTABLE space to lay down/sit is good. Background is up to your personal preference...but just to give a heads up, if you are going to decorate it's best if you don't put up anything that is copyrighted (posters of movies, albums, etc.) or of any famous people or anything because when you do gold shows and TV shows those are not allowed in the shot. Personally I like having a mirror in the background because it enhances the viewer experience since I am a hardcore/tease model.

Status
Not open for further replies.