AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Baffled at th competition on here (camscore info)

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 20, 2022
I have averaged out my hourly earnings and even included my "away" time to be super sure and it's 82$/hr and please do not insult my intelligence by thinking I may have miscalculated as I have most definitely not.

Having said this, my cam score sits at a comparatively impressive 2500. WHAT THE FUCK are you people with 6000+ camscores bloody making? (This is a rhetorical question btw no one is obliged to give away this info of course).. and I can only assume the camscore goes up exponentially rather then in increments.

Please take this down if its not allowed but, wow.. I am shook.

Many people would love to have that number per hour! As far as I understand it, you're new to MFC, which is even more impressive.
Don't compare yourself to others if it makes you feel bad about yourself, because whatever you're doing is working well.

If you want a comparison, know that many people have to work 8 hours - sometimes an hour or two more - just to make what you do in an hour.

You are doing great. Keep it up!

Upvote 0
Thank you so much for your kind words I do appreciate it, I was initially quite satisfied with what I was making until it trutly sunk in exactly what the cam score entailed. I just realised some people must be raking in loads per hour, I was just shocked! even taking my feelings of inadquecy out of the equation, It's fucking insane the potential that camgirls have to earn. absolutely insane.

Upvote 0
I don't even look at my camscore anymore. When I was newer my cam score was around 6000 and I think I was making about $200/hr average. It's lower now but I also split cam after I lost a few whales on mfc (2 died 😳). Overall my cam average per hour is pretty freaking steadily rising with a few blips here and there.

Do you have content? I know a lot of the higher cam scores have a ton of content that they sell or they charge 1k tk etc before starting a private since the rate is a set 60/80 which is pretty low in comparison to other sites options.

Upvote 0
Thank you so much for your kind words I do appreciate it, I was initially quite satisfied with what I was making until it trutly sunk in exactly what the cam score entailed. I just realised some people must be raking in loads per hour, I was just shocked! even taking my feelings of inadquecy out of the equation, It's fucking insane the potential that camgirls have to earn. absolutely insane.

Firstly - I fucking love your username, that video haunts me...

Secondly, I hope you won't allow your satisfaction with your earnings to be based on what others make. Ranking yourself against others can be a good motivator, but it can also make you feel like you're not worth as much as others etc. Your earnings do not = your worth. $82 an hour is a fantastic wage. If you do want to make comparisons to others compare your wage to the median wage in your country.

Earnings on MFC are a tall skinny pyramid. There's a LOT of girls on the bottom making very little. Just look at how many pages are under 1000 camscores. Then there's a good medium group of earners making good money. And then there's this tiny group of models at the top making absolutely insane amounts of money. There is immense earning potential on MFC.. but it's a very small group of models at that tippy top.

The way I've always looked at my earnings was against my own goals, not against others. Was I meeting my basic needs. Was I meeting my 'bigger' wants and desires.

When I cammed on mfc for years full time - the main thing I focused on with camscore was as a means to an end. Getting my camscore up meant more traffic. I didn't worry about what others were doing.

Upvote 0
I don't even look at my camscore anymore. When I was newer my cam score was around 6000 and I think I was making about $200/hr average. It's lower now but I also split cam after I lost a few whales on mfc (2 died 😳). Overall my cam average per hour is pretty freaking steadily rising with a few blips here and there.

Do you have content? I know a lot of the higher cam scores have a ton of content that they sell or they charge 1k tk etc before starting a private since the rate is a set 60/80 which is pretty low in comparison to other sites options.
Fuck me! that is an amazing hourly rate, I really hope I can get to this sort of level one day, it would be amazing, I worry that I may cap out around 3000/3500 I just predict it'll probably happen.. but then I guess I'll just have to work harder/smarter and try and break through that plateau. I I really wish that you continue with your success and you should be extremely proud of yourself! ^^

I have a bit of content but I could probably elevate it XD I should probably look at what sort of videos are popular for inspiration.. or simply put out more content

I actually swear that cam viewers have a Madonna-whore complex and even lose respect for certain girls when being TOO lewd (which is so fucking dumb is CAMSITE for Christsake lmao), When i start out extremely lewd and dirty talking a lot the crowd was completely different to now when I have toned things down and actually talk more.. I had to tone things down because I started feeling extremely degraded. I'm a relatively smart girl who speaks perfect english, I can offer so much more than just constant lewdness and MFC is an extremely social environment after all..

Reactions: yummybrownfox
Upvote 0
Firstly - I fucking love your username, that video haunts me...

Secondly, I hope you won't allow your satisfaction with your earnings to be based on what others make. Ranking yourself against others can be a good motivator, but it can also make you feel like you're not worth as much as others etc. Your earnings do not = your worth. $82 an hour is a fantastic wage. If you do want to make comparisons to others compare your wage to the median wage in your country.

Earnings on MFC are a tall skinny pyramid. There's a LOT of girls on the bottom making very little. Just look at how many pages are under 1000 camscores. Then there's a good medium group of earners making good money. And then there's this tiny group of models at the top making absolutely insane amounts of money. There is immense earning potential on MFC.. but it's a very small group of models at that tippy top.

The way I've always looked at my earnings was against my own goals, not against others. Was I meeting my basic needs. Was I meeting my 'bigger' wants and desires.

When I cammed on mfc for years full time - the main thing I focused on with camscore was as a means to an end. Getting my camscore up meant more traffic. I didn't worry about what others were doing.
Haha its so funny right XD some people are so creative i love it..

Thank you for such a thoughtful response, I think youre absolutely right, the focus should be on yourself and not on others, otherwise it'll just bring you down and it seems when you look sad or desperate earnings go down too.. I just really hope to optimize my time online as these bitches better not expect me to entertain them for free with 0 token hours XD. I also hope my camscore possibly increases in a significant way once my 2 monthaversary comes up as my first few shifts were DEAD af.. and to my understanding the camscore is refreshed every 60 days or something..

I'm tryng to cam full time, But i suppose I would only consider it worth the level of risk/heartache/potential doxxing, ridicule etc if I was earning a bit higher than my current rate XD hopefully things will continue to improving..

Upvote 0
In any case I'll probably keep updating my progress here, as maybe it would be of some interest to see the progression of a full time camgirl (40+ hours a week) who starts out with a relatively "low" camscore.. Or maybe not. I know I'm just a nobody but I have a lot of time on my hands so why TF not..

Upvote 0
Fuck me! that is an amazing hourly rate, I really hope I can get to this sort of level one day, it would be amazing, I worry that I may cap out around 3000/3500 I just predict it'll probably happen.. but then I guess I'll just have to work harder/smarter and try and break through that plateau. I I really wish that you continue with your success and you should be extremely proud of yourself! ^^

I have a bit of content but I could probably elevate it XD I should probably look at what sort of videos are popular for inspiration.. or simply put out more content

I actually swear that cam viewers have a Madonna-whore complex and even lose respect for certain girls when being TOO lewd (which is so fucking dumb is CAMSITE for Christsake lmao), When i start out extremely lewd and dirty talking a lot the crowd was completely different to now when I have toned things down and actually talk more.. I had to tone things down because I started feeling extremely degraded. I'm a relatively smart girl who speaks perfect english, I can offer so much more than just constant lewdness and MFC is an extremely social environment after all..
Yeah MFC seems to cater to more of the girlfriend next door type of shows where it's a ton more chat and tease vs straight up hard core. I wouldn't be able to do hard core on full time hours- I'd probably feel the same as you. I cam an average of 2 hours a day up to sometimes 4 and do a niche type of show that may not be perfectly suited to mfc but it is to stripchat. I split cam and I make probably 4x on strip that I do on MFC for the same show and time.

Feeling degraded is a valid feeling. Every model has different levels of what they're comfortable with. I don't have 8 hours a day to do the whole tease etc (I mean, I could but my attention and patience would never freaking last) and am comfortable being a bit more out there but you have to do what makes you ok with being on cam. Don't let anyone make you uncomfortable including in a private. Your room, your rules and never be afraid to ban.

40 hours of camming is intense! Be careful not to burn yourself out. If I could offer a suggestion- try making some different types of content to put up on mfcshare and the clip sites. See what sells and make more. It'll help cam score when the boost from being new dries up.

Upvote 0
I've streamed only a few times on MFC; the first time I only made, like, 1 token in 1 hour.. my first hour. So not only did I really struggle with the feeling of "oh god I've just spent an hour putting all this energy for nothing" but I also had the camscore to worry about on top of that.
While I like ranking systems on other sites, like subscription sites + clip sites (probably because I fared better, lol).. for a camsite like MFC, it would only make me feel stressed since I would have to be online more to positively change it, and being online more but not earning tokens affects it negatively.. it wasn't for me, personally.

Don't let it mess with your head. You ARE earning well. I hope you keep thriving!

Upvote 0
Yeah MFC seems to cater to more of the girlfriend next door type of shows where it's a ton more chat and tease vs straight up hard core. I wouldn't be able to do hard core on full time hours- I'd probably feel the same as you. I cam an average of 2 hours a day up to sometimes 4 and do a niche type of show that may not be perfectly suited to mfc but it is to stripchat. I split cam and I make probably 4x on strip that I do on MFC for the same show and time.

Feeling degraded is a valid feeling. Every model has different levels of what they're comfortable with. I don't have 8 hours a day to do the whole tease etc (I mean, I could but my attention and patience would never freaking last) and am comfortable being a bit more out there but you have to do what makes you ok with being on cam. Don't let anyone make you uncomfortable including in a private. Your room, your rules and never be afraid to ban.

40 hours of camming is intense! Be careful not to burn yourself out. If I could offer a suggestion- try making some different types of content to put up on mfcshare and the clip sites. See what sells and make more. It'll help cam score when the boost from being new dries up.
Im very lucky that I have the time to dedicate so many hours to camming i know some cant due to familial obligations and other things

Yes haha i feel like I'm becoming rather ban happy! I love banning cunts from my room.. God you'd think pure shame would stop them acting from this way, but I guess some guys were raised without basic morals.

I'm afraid of burnout too.. Though this is slightly less bad than being abused and overworked in my previous costumer service jobs before i must say! I'm gonna try putting up more content.. I hope it helps

Reactions: THE MOLLIE MARIE
Upvote 0
I've streamed only a few times on MFC; the first time I only made, like, 1 token in 1 hour.. my first hour. So not only did I really struggle with the feeling of "oh god I've just spent an hour putting all this energy for nothing" but I also had the camscore to worry about on top of that.
While I like ranking systems on other sites, like subscription sites + clip sites (probably because I fared better, lol).. for a camsite like MFC, it would only make me feel stressed since I would have to be online more to positively change it, and being online more but not earning tokens affects it negatively.. it wasn't for me, personally.

Don't let it mess with your head. You ARE earning well. I hope you keep thriving!
That sounds like my experience on chaturbate. 4 hours online to make 250 tokens or someshit like that. Don't know how I powered through that?? My sheer will seems to be one of the only things going for me haha.. but that's quite interesting, you are very pretty so I'm suprised you only made 1 token in your first hour (I know its not all about looks, but also it IS a factor, I can't lie).

I'm a smidge above average, but I'm fairly smart, fit into a fetishized market and can speak english (Its so sad to see literal stunners with extremely low camscores simply because theyre from eastern europe or something but it is what it is ugh)

I also managed to get my score up by 300 points these past few days which I'm happy about! Maybe more hours can = higher camscore? I just desperately want to believe if i work hard and am smart about things things will improve.

Upvote 0
Camscores are calculated weirdly on MFC. It's something like tokens per hour that you are online over a certain period of time. I don't know if anyone really knows the exact time period though. But I've heard 3 months. Then your tokens per hour gets calculated against the previous 3 month period. So if the next 3 month period is a bit down compared to the previous 3 month period, your score drops.
A model I follow had her birthday in October. Got her camscore up to over 12000 points. She missed parts of November and most of December. Got back in mid January. Within an hour of camming, her score was at about 9000. Generally don't worry too much about camscore. The formula they use is kind of messed up overall. Just try to have fun with it and make some friends. Camscore will take care of itself once you make a few friends who become regulars. If you haven't seen this link yet, check it out. A lot of helpful info and good luck!

Upvote 0
Haha its so funny right XD some people are so creative i love it..

Thank you for such a thoughtful response, I think youre absolutely right, the focus should be on yourself and not on others, otherwise it'll just bring you down and it seems when you look sad or desperate earnings go down too.. I just really hope to optimize my time online as these bitches better not expect me to entertain them for free with 0 token hours XD. I also hope my camscore possibly increases in a significant way once my 2 monthaversary comes up as my first few shifts were DEAD af.. and to my understanding the camscore is refreshed every 60 days or something..

I'm tryng to cam full time, But i suppose I would only consider it worth the level of risk/heartache/potential doxxing, ridicule etc if I was earning a bit higher than my current rate XD hopefully things will continue to improving..
Just thought I'd chuck my own input on this because camscore doesn't necessarily consistently reflect your earnings either. For example, when I was on MFC, the highest mine reached was around 3800 and it stayed there a month or two before plummeting and I eventually gave up once it got down to 2000ish. I'm a bit of a nerd and keep a spreadsheet of all my earnings and trends and even at the highest, I was only earning $75/hour, and towards the end when it was between 2000-2500 I was earning between $60-65/hour so even though your camscore may go up, it clearly doesn't necessarily mean your earnings will? I think it's got a lot to do with relativity to other models at the time!

Upvote 0
Just thought I'd chuck my own input on this because camscore doesn't necessarily consistently reflect your earnings either. For example, when I was on MFC, the highest mine reached was around 3800 and it stayed there a month or two before plummeting and I eventually gave up once it got down to 2000ish. I'm a bit of a nerd and keep a spreadsheet of all my earnings and trends and even at the highest, I was only earning $75/hour, and towards the end when it was between 2000-2500 I was earning between $60-65/hour so even though your camscore may go up, it clearly doesn't necessarily mean your earnings will? I think it's got a lot to do with relativity to other models at the time!
Oh god against other models earnings too? LOLOLOLOLOL XD fuck me.. noooooo :( :/

Upvote 0
Oh god against other models earnings too? LOLOLOLOLOL XD fuck me.. noooooo :( :/
Yeah, from what we've figured out over the years is that there's a baseline average TPH (tokens per hour) for a 1000 camscore, which is what we've used to calculate what TPH it takes for higher scores. If I recall the average for a long time was between 300-400 TPH for a 1000 score. Haven't calculated it in a long time so I'm not sure what it's at lately, but probably higher than it used to be. But if it was 400, and you wanted to see what TPH it takes for, say, 5000 camscore, you'd multiply 400 x 5. So 2000 TPH for a 5000'ish score.**

Hope that made sense.

**edit to add - it definitely has to be higher than that these days, based on my 5400'ish score and my TPH being over 3500. However mine may be skewed because I've been camming less than 10 hours per month lately, and I think we've deciphered that a camscore reacts differently in that case.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@Shrekisloveshrekislife Can't think of a site that doesn't do what Sasha said. Chaturbate, streamate, onlyfans.. all update their ranks depending on your earnings against other models at the time, which means different months may have different earning requirements to reach a certain rank since it varies. Again, don't stress it :haha: So long as you're earning what pays the bills and allows you to save for your future.. you're in a good place, regardless of what the rank says!

Upvote 0
Yeah, from what we've figured out over the years is that there's a baseline average TPH (tokens per hour) for a 1000 camscore, which is what we've used to calculate what TPH it takes for higher scores. If I recall the average for a long time was between 300-400 TPH for a 1000 score. Haven't calculated it in a long time so I'm not sure what it's at lately, but probably higher than it used to be. But if it was 400, and you wanted to see what TPH it takes for, say, 5000 camscore, you'd multiply 400 x 5. So 2000 TPH for a 5000'ish score.**

Hope that made sense.

**edit to add - it definitely has to be higher than that these days, based on my 5400'ish score and my TPH being over 3500. However mine may be skewed because I've been camming less than 10 hours per month lately, and I think we've deciphered that a camscore reacts differently in that case.
Omg thank you for replying to my post!! You are such an icon..

Also I think from calculating it with my own camscore in mind, it must go up increments as you said!
My current camscore =2800 earnings =89 per hour. So someone with a 1000 camscore must be making roughly 635 tokens. When comparing this to your score and earnings it works just about right if I'm not mistaken

635 * 5.4 = 3429

This is such useful info, I can't thank you enough, I'm glad that I now know it goes up in increments and not exponentially

I found out that there's a model only section and I realize it's probably currently discussed to death over there so maybe this isn't such a revelation to most people

Upvote 0
@Shrekisloveshrekislife Can't think of a site that doesn't do what Sasha said. Chaturbate, streamate, onlyfans.. all update their ranks depending on your earnings against other models at the time, which means different months may have different earning requirements to reach a certain rank since it varies. Again, don't stress it :haha: So long as you're earning what pays the bills and allows you to save for your future.. you're in a good place, regardless of what the rank says!
Thank you :h:

Upvote 0
Omg thank you for replying to my post!! You are such an icon..

Also I think from calculating it with my own camscore in mind, it must go up increments as you said!
My current camscore =2800 earnings =89 per hour. So someone with a 1000 camscore must be making roughly 635 tokens. When comparing this to your score and earnings it works just about right if I'm not mistaken

635 * 5.4 = 3429

This is such useful info, I can't thank you enough, I'm glad that I now know it goes up in increments and not exponentially

I found out that there's a model only section and I realize it's probably currently discussed to death over there so maybe this isn't such a revelation to most people
You're definitely on the right track with those calculations! It's nice to understand how it works, I think it helps to NOT focus on it so much if you get the algo.

We do have a really long thread from like 9 years ago of us calculating scores monthly in the MO section.

Upvote 0
You're definitely on the right track with those calculations! It's nice to understand how it works, I think it helps to NOT focus on it so much if you get the algo.

We do have a really long thread from like 9 years ago of us calculating scores monthly in the MO section.
Yes no definitely!! though, obviously even adding 33 dollars (+1000 I believe) to ones hourly income is no small feat, but you know what? it's better knowing that there's a logic to it rather than being in the dark about it for sure..

Oh dang! Maybe it would be worth it to join the models only section XD once I feel proud of where I'm at camwise, I'd hate to feel like a small insignificant anchovy swimming a pond full of sharks..

I really hope I can catch what people call "Whales" as their influence seems to be able to shoot a girl's camscore through the roof (yep, guilty of lurking).. I caught like.. barely a whale.. like a tunafish on chaturbate but I think he was grooming me to try and become as escort so that's fun.

I hope I can get my camscore can get to 3000 before my first month is over, though I'm quite afraid that it's going to cap out at or near this number, the highest tips I get are in the 100's GIVE ME THOSE 1000 TOKEN+ TIPS PLEASE !!!!!!!! ;_;

Reactions: melanieoncam
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Chaturbate definitely doesn't rank their site based on earnings!

I'm not a huge earner on CB but do semi well in terms of ranking (trying to increase this some more tho).

I'm super curious how I would do on MFC, my room fits more of the social/tease/girl next door type, but I wouldn't stand out on MFC while I do a bit on CB.. Based on my earnings I think I'd actually do pretty bad on MFC 😲 but I'm still kinda curious. MFC does seem to have some nice spenders.

Oh dang! Maybe it would be worth it to join the models only section XD once I feel proud of where I'm at camwise, I'd hate to feel like a small insignificant anchovy swimming a pond full of sharks..

I'd highly recommend joining the Model Only section, not just for the site-specific subsection specifically for MFC, but there's a lot of other sections that are really helpful and also great to be in a safe space amongst other models. It's really nice and not intimidating at all 😊

Upvote 0
@Olive I should've specified, I was referring to the hourly CB contests, which is determined by earnings :) It's not anywhere near as competitive as SM contests and MFC rank, so maybe it wasn't the best example.

Edit: Don't let one site deter you from putting your eggs in more baskets. Have some savings before trying (like preferably at least 1-2 months ahead of necessary bills if possible), unless you think you can juggle the time/energy investment between two sites. Absolutely try MFC, especially if you're the "girl next door" type.

While MFC didn't work for me, if I hadn't tried other camsites, I never would have found the site culture that works for me - and the extra earnings that come with it! In total, it took me 2 camsites before I found the 3rd that worked for me long-term.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
obviously even adding 33 dollars (+1000 I believe) to ones hourly income is no small feat

Getting offline tips and purchases on MFC Share while offline helps out a lot with camscore, if I’m remembering correctly, since you’re bumping up your hourly income without actually being online.

It’s been awhile since I cammed there, but when I was still camming and had built up a bit of a regular base I’d encourage offline tips by offering different sorts of incentives for it. At the time, it was usually for stuff that went towards my shows (like spanks for spankathon nights).

I’m honestly curious as to what my camscore would be now if I went online. It’s stayed at the same score since I stopped camming, but I still get a few video sales on MFC Share every month. If I ever decide to cam again it will without a doubt be on MFC, and before I do I’m going to upload all my videos that aren’t on there yet (like 200 or 300+) and promo myself like crazy to rack up sales and hopefully camscore before I stream again.

I’ll definitely report what happens in MO if/when that day comes, haha.

Upvote 0
Getting offline tips and purchases on MFC Share while offline helps out a lot with camscore, if I’m remembering correctly, since you’re bumping up your hourly income without actually being online.
This x 1000!

I’m honestly curious as to what my camscore would be now if I went online. It’s stayed at the same score since I stopped camming, but I still get a few video sales on MFC Share every month.
We've come to a loose conclusion that if a model takes a long break, when she returns and gets to 10 hours actively online again the camscore balances out. It'll likely be wonky af until then, so don't get discouraged. Looking forward to seeing how your return goes if and when!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.