AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Beginner question about members and tips!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 6, 2018
Hey all, I’m new as a cam girl and I had a question about something that happened in my room this morning that I can’t seem to find the answer to. I’m hoping I don’t seem dumb asking this question seeing as it’s kind of common sense, but I’m not sure lol.
Anyways!! I had a member come into my chat room this morning and he was interacting with me and I was talking back with him and he ninja tipped me 20 tk (which I don’t have a menu option for) so I assumed obviously it was a gift. I said thank you and everything, I was grateful! A few minutes later he ninja tips me 300 tks with no tip note, which I don’t have a tip menu option for either. Of course I said thank you, that was my highest tip of the day so far! I was pretty excited.
A few minutes later (I would say 5-10) he proceeds to ask in the chat for me to send him a PM and allow him to PM me. Now, I do have a tip option for a friend add and PM privileges for 204 tks but since he didn’t pay the 204 and payed 300 without a tip note asking to add as a friend, I wasn’t sure what to do at this point. He asked a couple more times and I said he’d have to tip the amount specified to get the friend add but he said nothing lol. He eventually left the room but I logged off today feeling kind of weird about it. Do members sometimes tip more then what’s on your menu for a certain item/content? And if they wanted something specific wouldn’t they put that in the tip note anyways? I feel like this is a common sense answer but I’m drawing a blank. Any feedback helps!

I'm sorta new to camming but when similar things happen in my room, I'll usually just add them if they ask. I assume they tip high amounts because they want something in return. If it's a high tip and theres no context, I'll usually thank them and show something. Or I'll ask what they would like to see. He probably wanted you to do a little something for him, or maybe just being nice hoping you'd add him lol. It's hard to figure out whats going on with no tip message. But again I am new so I've just been rolling with the punches lol. Try not to feel weird about it though. It's your room and you have every right to choose what you want to do.

Don’t take your own menu like it was gospel. Many people don’t look at menus. The rule of thumb in my opinion is... if he tipped more than what the menu item costs then say yes. If he tips less then say no and tell him to check your menu.

For things like a friend add I would be even more flexible. It’s MFC so you want them to feel a connection. When I was new I would add anyone who was nice and tipped a little. Then ignore most of their PMs unless they are tipping heavily. They just want to feel included and like they have a shot at a 1 on 1 setting.

A gift over the PM privileges limit with no request, just PM anyway. If you feel a member has earned it, reward them...this is the game.

• Helpful!
Reactions: FoxyDame
Thank you thank you! A little late in the game but I ended up adding him anyways. I'll take this as a learning experience and move forward with it. Granted it was only my second day on MFC so I'm still very new and learning! :h:

For me the point of charging for PM was to filter timewasters from tipping members. If this guy already tipped me "for nothing" tips I'd open PMs for him because he already proved he's a tipper not a timewaster.

Camming is a sales job. There is the price you advertise and then there is the real
price depending on the customer. As a member, I’ve often had the experience where if I spend a lot in a room, the model will just give me stuff she sells without me specifically asking for them. It’s just a smart sales tactic to gain a fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.