AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Best Book You've Ever Read

• Thread starter Deleted member 59611
  • Start date
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 59611

What's the best book you've ever read? I'm such a book geek and always keen to hear from people what their favourites are. Best fiction would have to be The Time Traveller's Wife. Best non-fiction, The Subtle Art of Not Giving A F***

Ready Player One and Ender's Game were pretty big for me.

Other things I really enjoyed:
The Hunger Games trilogy, Divergent trilogy, The Boss trilogy, The Girl With All The Gifts, The Book of Lost Things, Public Enemy Zero, World War Z, and the couple of Orson Scott Card books following Ender's game (though they got harder and harder to follow as they went on.)

The Hunger Games trilogy
OOOOH this thread prompted me to scroll through my Kindle/e-books libraries, and come to find out there's a Prequel for the Hunger Games series out since last year! Audible, here I come! (I have a ton of free credits, so I suppose I'll be listening to it instead of reading.)

Where to start? So many books, so little time. I have read so many that it hard to pick a favorite.

I really enjoyed Bridges of Madison County, that got turned into a terrible movie with none of the chemistry between the main characters.

My tastes are pretty diverse and favorite authors include, Jodi Picoult, Tom Clancy, Faye/Jonathon Kellerman, Matthew Reilly, Bill Bryson, John Grisham, Stephen King, Bryce Courtenay, Richard North Patterson + throw in the odd biography. I;m sure I have a missed a few.

I have way too many books and they no longer all fit on my huge bookshelf, so maybe it is time to go down the Kindle route, though have resisted for so long. Just bought one for a friend off her Amazon wish list and she is raving about it. Plus it makes books more affordable for her.

As cliché as this is going to sound, the Harry Potter series is by far the books that I've re-read the most and possibly the most influential books of my life. I loved every single book in the series.

I really liked The Witching Hour by Anne Rice. It's fantastic and definitely my favorite out of all her books. Unfortunately, the other two books in the trilogy aren't nearly as great. Lasher was okay, but Taltos was not good... like at all, from what I remember.

Perfume: The Story of a Murderer by Patrick Suskind is another fantastic book that I really enjoyed.

One that would possibly be my favorite of all time if it wasn't for the somewhat tedious to read architectural descriptions is The Hunchback of Notre-Dame. I understand that architecture is a major theme and the preservation of the cathedral was one of Victor Hugo's main reasons for writing the novel, but I found my eyes glossing over whenever I had to read about it. Aside from that, the story is absolutely fantastic. It makes me sad that there's never been any film that accurately follows the actual plot of the book.

As cliché as this is going to sound, the Harry Potter series is by far the books that I've re-read the most and possibly the most influential books of my life. I loved every single book in the series.

I really liked The Witching Hour by Anne Rice. It's fantastic and definitely my favorite out of all her books. Unfortunately, the other two books in the trilogy aren't nearly as great. Lasher was okay, but Taltos was not good... like at all, from what I remember.

Perfume: The Story of a Murderer by Patrick Suskind is another fantastic book that I really enjoyed.

One that would possibly be my favorite of all time if it wasn't for the somewhat tedious to read architectural descriptions is The Hunchback of Notre-Dame. I understand that architecture is a major theme and the preservation of the cathedral was one of Victor Hugo's main reasons for writing the novel, but I found my eyes glossing over whenever I had to read about it. Aside from that, the story is absolutely fantastic. It makes me sad that there's never been any film that accurately follows the actual plot of the book.
The HP series is incredible and almost clinched the top spot in my best books list. Not read the others you mentioned but they sound good. I'll add them to my reading list.

The Song of Achilles absolutely destroyed me

Should also mention The Foxhole Court/All for the Game only because I've read those books so many times it's embarrassing
Oo not read any of those. I'll add them to my reading list.

Where to start? So many books, so little time. I have read so many that it hard to pick a favorite.

I really enjoyed Bridges of Madison County, that got turned into a terrible movie with none of the chemistry between the main characters.

My tastes are pretty diverse and favorite authors include, Jodi Picoult, Tom Clancy, Faye/Jonathon Kellerman, Matthew Reilly, Bill Bryson, John Grisham, Stephen King, Bryce Courtenay, Richard North Patterson + throw in the odd biography. I;m sure I have a missed a few.

I have way too many books and they no longer all fit on my huge bookshelf, so maybe it is time to go down the Kindle route, though have resisted for so long. Just bought one for a friend off her Amazon wish list and she is raving about it. Plus it makes books more affordable for her.
Not read Bridges but you named quite a few authors that I love. Yeah I gave the kindle a go but for me nothing can replace an actual book.

Reactions: Billyboy
OOOOH this thread prompted me to scroll through my Kindle/e-books libraries, and come to find out there's a Prequel for the Hunger Games series out since last year! Audible, here I come! (I have a ton of free credits, so I suppose I'll be listening to it instead of reading.)
Some great books you've listed there! I didn't know there's a prequel either. I'll definitely check that out. Do you recommend audible? Not tried that before

Hmm, that's tricky. I really enjoyed reading Dark Visions and The Half Blood Prince when I was younger. Now I might say Don Quixote and Slavery By Another Name
Read the half blood Prince but none of the others. I'll check them out 😊👍

I'm a fantasy and Sci-Fi guy, so i go for The Wheel of Time from Robert Jordan and Dune from Frank Herbert. Also Marion Bradley with The Mists of Avalon, the saga of King Arthur but written out of a woman's perspective (really recommended!). Those are my favorites.

I'm a fantasy and Sci-Fi guy, so i go for The Wheel of Time from Robert Jordan and Dune from Frank Herbert. Also Marion Bradley with The Mists of Avalon, the saga of King Arthur but written out of a woman's perspective (really recommended!). Those are my favorites.
Oo thanks 😊. Yeah I love a good sci-fi and fantasy. Heard good things about Wheel of Time in particular. I'll check it out.
Have you read Red Rising? One of my fave sci-fi series. I recommend if not.

What's the best book you've ever read? I'm such a book geek and always keen to hear from people what their favourites are. Best fiction would have to be The Time Traveller's Wife. Best non-fiction, The Subtle Art of Not Giving A F***
"Untamed" by Glennon Doyle was SO good.

Do you recommend audible? Not tried that before
It's an adjustment... maybe not good for everybody.

I can't listen to one that doesn't have a narrator with a pleasing tone and cadence to the way they speak. The Boy on the Bridge is the current one I'm listening to and she has a delightful accent so I've enjoyed it. Though obviously not enough as I still haven't finished it in a year. Hmm.

Just too many books to pick up one favorite! But oh well, Throne of Glass book series is my number one.
But I found myself very into Young Adult genre. Sarah J Mass is my favorite author.
YES! Love those books. Good call 👍

Reactions: BustyEllie
It's an adjustment... maybe not good for everybody.

I can't listen to one that doesn't have a narrator with a pleasing tone and cadence to the way they speak. The Boy on the Bridge is the current one I'm listening to and she has a delightful accent so I've enjoyed it. Though obviously not enough as I still haven't finished it in a year. Hmm.
😆 yeah my readings slowed down in the pandemic. You'd have thought it would have gone the other way.
Cool I'll give audible a try 👍

Omg definitely can not say just one!!
For non-fiction/philosophy: The Art of Travel by Allan de Botton
Dystopian/all the feels: The Road by Cormac McCarthy
Contemporary fiction: Normal People by Sally Rooney
My #1 fic crush: Lisbeth Salander from the girl with the dragon tattoo series
Historical/non-fiction: Voices from Chernobyl

Omg definitely can not say just one!!
For non-fiction/philosophy: The Art of Travel by Allan de Botton
Dystopian/all the feels: The Road by Cormac McCarthy
Contemporary fiction: Normal People by Sally Rooney
My #1 fic crush: Lisbeth Salander from the girl with the dragon tattoo series
Historical/non-fiction: Voices from Chernobyl
Ooo nice. I must admit I've not read any of those other than the girl with the dragon tattoo series which I absolutely loved 😊. Lisbeth Salander definitely rules!

That's another one for Dune. Looking forward to reading that one. 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.