AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Best Restaurants For Dating

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think coffee places are the best for first dates. They always smell nice usually have a cozy feeling. Also, coffee is a short thing. So, you can add to the date if you're enjoying the person or leave it at a conversation.

This is one reason I like restaurants - it feels like more of a classic date and like your date is willing to invest a bit more time & money into getting to know you. Coffee dates to me are good for a quick first meeting but they also feel very much like the epitome of hookup culture & 21st century dating - quick, low commitment, easy to back out of if you aren't enjoying it, essentially the same thing you do with friends.

That's why I really love when a guy invites me on a date and actually selects a restaurant, we put in a little bit of effort to look good for each other, are kind of forced by circumstance to hang out for at least a couple hours. It feels nice and like, even if it doesn't work out, he viewed just going out with you as a slightly more special event (and presumably I viewed going out with him as the same).

(I do love coffee though and it can be cozy, plus the ability to cut it short can be good in some ways. But so much less romantic to me, haha.)

An old college buddy of mine gave me a tip when it comes to reducing nerves on the first date; he suggested picking restaurants where you have the option of sitting side-by-side instead of facing each other. A place like a sushi bar or restaurants with a booth are good options. This feels less intimidating when you're not having to face your date like it's a job interview.

Reactions: TacoBelle and Gen
This is one reason I like restaurants - it feels like more of a classic date and like your date is willing to invest a bit more time & money into getting to know you. Coffee dates to me are good for a quick first meeting but they also feel very much like the epitome of hookup culture & 21st century dating - quick, low commitment, easy to back out of if you aren't enjoying it, essentially the same thing you do with friends.

That's why I really love when a guy invites me on a date and actually selects a restaurant, we put in a little bit of effort to look good for each other, are kind of forced by circumstance to hang out for at least a couple hours. It feels nice and like, even if it doesn't work out, he viewed just going out with you as a slightly more special event (and presumably I viewed going out with him as the same).

(I do love coffee though and it can be cozy, plus the ability to cut it short can be good in some ways. But so much less romantic to me, haha.)
I just don't like most people. I like to have a quick exit strategy. For the record, I would totally eat an entire meal with you, bb. :emo:

It really surprises me that Torchy's Tacos is on that list. It's an amazing restaurant, but there's only one location outside of Texas. Plus, I can't eat there without looking like a baby in a high chair. Food all over the place, all over my hands, sometimes my face. I use like 50 napkins every time I eat there. It's messy messy messy! The tacos are spectacular, but I wouldn't go there on a first date. A guy doesn't need to see that until at least a few months in. :haha:

An old college buddy of mine gave me a tip when it comes to reducing nerves on the first date; he suggested picking restaurants where you have the option of sitting side-by-side instead of facing each other. A place like a sushi bar or restaurants with a booth are good options. This feels less intimidating when you're not having to face your date like it's a job interview.

Most women like to talk face to face.

Reactions: JickyJuly
I'm extra surprised Dutch Bros coffee is on that list. They are 99.99999% all drive thru coffee stands.

I'd probably pick a few places, and ask her which one she likes. If she likes none, I'm open for suggestions (except for sushi). I think that's a fine balance between being completely unprepared and blind-siding her with a place she hates.

Reactions: Gen and JoleneBrody
I'm probably the only one who would be super stoked to go to hooters on a date
I'd love it, too. Gives us something to talk about. Comment on the girls' attributes and get a little flirty feisty chat going about it. But then again, that's just me.

I suppose a guy would want to ensure that his date isn't a super jealous weirdo about having attractive girls around, and a girl would probably not be thrilled to see her date acting inappropriately toward the waitresses there. Of course, it IS nice to figure that stuff out at the beginning of a dating relationship, saves them in the long run if the other person acts in a bad fashion on this date.

Yes, Hooters is a go.

Don't like dinner in general for a first dates... more a drink somewhere casual that food is available... Kinda like the coffee date except sticking around is easier for a second one or a small bite to eat if it's going well, without the obligation of a whole meal. And you can order coffee/tea/dessert at a bar of a restaurant if you're not a drinker.

I like fancier places for fancier occasions.
To me Olive garden is disgusting but I'd still get some salad and chicken(And likely wine) and deal with it if I'm there to get to know someone. Personally even accept it as a challenge, if I liked them, to show them what real italian food tastes like when given the opportunity.

I never mind someone else picking the place without my input, if they suggested the date. If someone can't find SOMEthing to enjoy on a date-which is meant to be a fun thing that probably took some planning, they're likely to be super high maintenance anyways.

But yeah even sushi places usually have some chicken or beef options, and is generally great any time of day.

I bet that Hooters would be by far the worst restaurant for dating.
I happened to love going to the Hooters when I was living near one; fantastic buffalo chicken sandwich. It was right across the street from a paintball arena, arcade, and movie theater, too.

This. Over 10 years ago, I dated a guy. We had fun, but we weren't good for each other in a practical sense (we didn't have the same career/marriage/etc goals and ended amicably) A year ago, we started casually seeing each other. Well, by that I mean we decided to take an impromtu flight and spend last Christmas in DC having lots of sex and eating lots of Chinese food. Over the next few months, I know he started to fall for me again (and I him) but I never could really get into it for some reason.

Eventually, one day he just asked me on a date. He used the word date. Not hanging out, not "seeing each other." And truly that's when it started to feel like he cared about investing in me. So many guys in my dating demographic avoid the word date and substitute it for something else. It really changed things around for me, haha. A month later, we decided to become "official" or whatever.

So it's a side note or something related, but if you're wanting something more with someone, don't be afraid to call it a date. ;)

If I've only just started seeing this person, I'd prefer to go somewhere quiet. Loud bars or restaurants make it difficult to talk & get to know one another. I like everything from the upscale to the hole-in-the-wall next door, so I'm pretty easy going in that respect, though if left to my own devices I'd probably choose somewhere warm and intimate for the first couple of dates. If I've been dating someone for a while, or I already know them pretty well, I'm open to going anywhere -- loud, quiet, upscale, or inexpensive -- as long as the food is good!

If it's a first date and I've never met the person before, I'd actually prefer a coffee & dessert date. If we click, we can opt for a longer date in the future.

The only thing I don't like to eat on a first date is sushi. I love sushi, but it can be really awkward to eat in front of someone you don't know. ...Tiny mouth problems. XD

Reactions: Gen
Don't like dinner in general for a first dates... more a drink somewhere casual that food is available... Kinda like the coffee date except sticking around is easier for a second one or a small bite to eat if it's going well, without the obligation of a whole meal. And you can order coffee/tea/dessert at a bar of a restaurant if you're not a drinker.

I like fancier places for fancier occasions.
To me Olive garden is disgusting but I'd still get some salad and chicken(And likely wine) and deal with it if I'm there to get to know someone. Personally even accept it as a challenge, if I liked them, to show them what real italian food tastes like when given the opportunity.

I never mind someone else picking the place without my input, if they suggested the date. If someone can't find SOMEthing to enjoy on a date-which is meant to be a fun thing that probably took some planning, they're likely to be super high maintenance anyways.

But yeah even sushi places usually have some chicken or beef options, and is generally great any time of day.
I dont like Olive Garden either. The wait for a table there lasts forever.

Reactions: LuckySmiles
mildly related...especially not for a New Year's Eve date... hahahahahaha what a tourist trap...
http://nypost.com/2015/12/27/chain-restaurants-charge-up-to-800-a-seat-on-new-years-eve/

My town I got bored and drove around Christmas night just to see what was stupid enough to be open. Besides the usual gas stations along the highway, Waffle House was it. Looking in the windows from the parking lot I saw one lone waitress sitting on a stool looking bored.

Decided to go in for a coke just to chat with her for a bit. She had been there 5 hours and mine was first tip she got.

Red lobster, Olive Garden, Chili's or Applebee's hehehe.

Sushi is a great date! Bite size and non messy. You can take your time ordering different things as you go and can even share easily. It's filling but easy on the stomach and quickly digested if you plan to get sexy later!
I adore sushi. But all of the japanese restaurants in my area are really expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.