AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Best way to send/host videos

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HisGoddess

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Aug 21, 2013
BC Canada
mrsvickystar.weebly.com
Hey there, I'm new to MFC and I see tons of models offering up videos. My question is are they hosting them somewhere online or merely on their computer and sending them through skype or something? What is the best way to send out your videos?

RochelleUK said:
Hi, there was a topic about this not too long ago in the models only section :)

https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/viewt ... os#p385481

As I can not see the thread, I will post my own reply. A few things that come to mind when wanting to sell videos online. Here is my list

1) Host the content on your own server with a piece of software. Preferably a web host that has UNMETERED bandwidth. The reason for unmetered as compared to unlimited is how much you can send. Unlimited usually has a ToS attached to it, as well as a fair use policy. Unmetered means you are given a pipe, and you can push what ever you want through it.

2) Third Party. You can use a 3rd party provider either for free, small fee per download, or a monthly charge. I do plan on starting my own file server that models can use with now worries to bandwidth. I will make a topic to ask ladies their opinion and what they think is a fair price model, as compared to operating cost.

3) If the file size is small, then you can send the files via email.

4) THIS IS DANGEROUS IF YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING. You can host the files on your own network at home and allow the client to download. Once again, this is dangerous if you do not protect, and I highly do not recommend using for public.

Status
Not open for further replies.