AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Big Tipper Intimidation?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 13, 2020
Florida, USA
I saw some threads about this but they were already closed.

First, I am not a huge tipper due to budget, but I tip frequently and without hesitation. 15s are my bread and butter. haha

So I am wondering what members and models have to think about this...

Members: when you are in a model's room who you like a lot and someone comes in emptying their obviously large pocketbook, does it intimidate you into not tipping?
Half the time I will just be quiet, and the other half I say fuck it and continue with my modest tips. Just wondering what your thoughts are.

Models: Do you notice a difference when a bigger tipper comes in after your smaller tippers were tipping?

This might be a self-confidence thing, but it sometimes feels like I am wasting my time and money by tipping what I can when mine are being minimized by 500s! haha

Appreciate your responses.

My advice would be to always tip as you want to, and don't care what others are doing.
I'm not attempting to speak for any of the models, but I think all tips matter.
It's not a good long-term situation to become reliant on a very small number of individuals to make up the majority of income.

Models: Do you notice a difference when a bigger tipper comes in after your smaller tippers were tipping?

Depend on who is in the room, but yes, i do.

If someone is tipping very often with bigger tips, then others are more silent. The problem is only when someone is tipping often. With that is seems like that person is taking my room to himself 😅

If it's all in one big tip from time to time then it's fully okay and i don't see the difference in other tippers.
Another thing is - i prefer when someone who is a bigger tipper tip one, but good, instead of a lot smaller (it's bigger effect&easier to see if he tipped for something or not)

Reactions: Life_Happens
I'm a fairly good tipper but if someone comes in and starts tipping big, yes I will take a step back. Not to get some free nudity or anything but I feel this big tipper should get the spotlight for the time being.
Also I do feel a bit intimidated, maybe confused, not sure what to do or how to react to it.
One time I silently left the room and was pleasantly surprised the model noticed it and pm'd me a good night.

I don't tip insane amounts either, but I try to tip consistently without really caring what anyone else is doing. I have a budget too ; max per visit and max per week.

But yes, the room dynamic gets completely different (and even weird) when two or three users take turns with small-ish tips and someone swoop in to take over the room with a barrage of 100 and 200 tk tips. When the model is lost in space and the lush queue is backed up for the next 45 minutes it's easy to think your 15 tk tips don't matter, but I like to take part in the tip queue and not just sit there and look at it.

If the "whale victim model" didn't notice I tipped, I'm fine with it. I don't really need a cookie for showing up, and part of me is just happy the model did well. That means she will be there tomorrow too.

But then again if the "whale show" was really good, I have often saved my last 100-200 tk to tip for StripChat's "Flower reaction" after. Even if I didn't contribute (much) to the crazy, I still enjoyed it!

It strongly depends on the model. Of course one or many big tips are great and I understand If the model is focusing on them. But too much focus and "Thankyouuusooomuuuuuch" is getting weird and I might stop tipping. Many models I know manage to get a good balance of motivating both kinds of tippers. And I'm not talking about saying "Thank you" all the time for 15 tokens. Its more about some kind of "staying in touch" with the whole room. When that is the case I really don't care and continue tipping. If not, it feels like spying on a private, and I never do that.

I will usually keep doing what I am doing but may take a seat back too. I don't mind, and I do it not in a bad way, but I do i to let this big tipper/whale do what he wants, get what he wants. I know that this guy is likely here for 1 hr, 1 day, 1 week, but no doubt he is just passing on through and won't stay around for too long. So there is no point in getting upset or anything by it.

Literally, only 2 or 3 days ago a model I have visited since i started on CB had a whale tipper, he came and tipped her 28,000 tokens in 1 show. I was very happy for her because in the 5 years I have known her, she has never had anything close to this, in ALL tips combined for 1 day, let alone from just 1 tipper. The very next day the same guy came and tipped 15,000 tokens. Again I was super thrilled for her. Then he didn't come for the 3rd day. This might be that he is busy with life, or he has other models he regularly goes to, or he is doing something similar with other models to "make their day/s".

Either way, I am very happy for her (her moderator was super jealous - she kept saying stuff like "wow thank you, i love you" (in her friendly way) to this guy when he was tipping her lots, and the moderator would respond saying "I love you too".)

But yeah, just be happy, most times it's short-lived and doesn't last long, don't get too annoyed or anything at the model for shifting focus maybe for that 1 day because she suddenly gets a big tipper.

But in short, no personally I am never intimidated. Maybe this is also due to the fact I know I am not a rich guy, so I am happy to live with this. I afford what I can and when I can.

Most of the time, when there is one who gives a lot, or most, those who give less and modestly, stop giving. Others, if they see that someone else gives more, do not want to spend those few tokens they have. It doesn't bother me, everyone gives as much as they can, it bothers me more when there are 10 with money, one gives well and a lot, and the others nothing.

So far what I've noticed many big tippers do it in ninja tips, maybe they are aware and don't want to intimidate anyone or stop others from tipping. Or just don't want anyone to know they are a big tipper ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ either way, it's nice of them.

the moderator would respond saying "I love you too"
LMAO I would literally have to laugh out loud when I saw that.

Yeah, I get it, and I am happy too, especially if I truly get along with her. I was just a little confused about how to react. Only been on token sites for a few months. Been a SM dude for years, which brought me here when I fell in love with a cam girl. 😂 (no tattoo!)

LMAO I would literally have to laugh out loud when I saw that.

Yeah, I get it, and I am happy too, especially if I truly get along with her. I was just a little confused about how to react. Only been on token sites for a few months. Been a SM dude for years, which brought me here when I fell in love with a cam girl. 😂 (no tattoo!)

He is a genuinely deluded man.

He is Russian, she is Romanian. He knows she is married, yet he calls her his wife all of the time. She doesn't help situations because she calls him "Russian husband", and because of this he has got it in his mind he really is her husband.

He gets jealous of everyone that talks and makes her smile and laugh; guys that tip her; guys her take her pvt. He has scared basically all of her tippers away, but because he has been with her for a year more than me, and he tips her 100 or 200 every week over that time, she won't get rid of him and I don't understand why- even though she knows he has scared everyone away. One moment he is moderator, then he is not, then he is, then not, is and then isn't. It's just so stupid and hilarious to see. Apparently, they are always arguing because he is super jealous of me. And why? Because I am younger than he is (he is in late 50s I think or early 60s, I am 34, and the model is early 40s).. He always used to silence me when I first went to her room, whether i was tipping or not, so now i don't even talk in public, I have him "ignored" most days but some times get curious what stupid stuff he is saying... she PMs everyone who she likes, such as myself, instead of having them chat in public and get silenced for no reason.... oh and dear lord, he PMs me sometimes... me and her have this joke between us, because of our ages (mine and the model's) she joked once that I am too young for her and that she is like a granny and i am still a "young boy".. so we joked sometimes calling each other "young boy, or young lover" and I would call her "sexy granny"... well now he PMs me randomly saying "hello little boy with a big.... heart"

I don't get why she won't remove him as moderator and... just ban him. When her old regulars realised, if they did, they would come back and i am confident in this

ANYWAY that's a whole other screwed up topic hahaha...

He is a genuinely deluded man.

He is Russian, she is Romanian. He knows she is married, yet he calls her his wife all of the time. She doesn't help situations because she calls him "Russian husband", and because of this he has got it in his mind he really is her husband.

He gets jealous of everyone that talks and makes her smile and laugh; guys that tip her; guys her take her pvt. He has scared basically all of her tippers away, but because he has been with her for a year more than me, and he tips her 100 or 200 every week over that time, she won't get rid of him and I don't understand why- even though she knows he has scared everyone away. One moment he is moderator, then he is not, then he is, then not, is and then isn't. It's just so stupid and hilarious to see. Apparently, they are always arguing because he is super jealous of me. And why? Because I am younger than he is (he is in late 50s I think or early 60s, I am 34, and the model is early 40s).. He always used to silence me when I first went to her room, whether i was tipping or not, so now i don't even talk in public, I have him "ignored" most days but some times get curious what stupid stuff he is saying... she PMs everyone who she likes, such as myself, instead of having them chat in public and get silenced for no reason.... oh and dear lord, he PMs me sometimes... me and her have this joke between us, because of our ages (mine and the model's) she joked once that I am too young for her and that she is like a granny and i am still a "young boy".. so we joked sometimes calling each other "young boy, or young lover" and I would call her "sexy granny"... well now he PMs me randomly saying "hello little boy with a big.... heart"

I don't get why she won't remove him as moderator and... just ban him. When her old regulars realised, if they did, they would come back and i am confident in this

ANYWAY that's a whole other screwed up topic hahaha...
Its simple answer, probably he send her money, out of platform, thats why so jelouse, and thats why she didnt get rid of him, and need accept his behavior, otherwise I don't see any reason

Reactions: Diana_Devil
Its simple answer, probably he send her money, out of platform, thats why so jelouse, and thats why she didnt get rid of him, and need accept his behavior, otherwise I don't see any reason

It's possible, he thinks he is more special because her husband let her give him her WhatsApp, because her husband is not threatened by him. But then she now has WhatsApp for sale on her menu, and my god, he was PMing me to see if I had bought it.. luckily i just ignore him and let him get on with it. I hope for her sake he is sending her [ENOUGH] money outside of CB, otherwise he is truly not worth it at all.

Edit:
Realistically to put up with a guy like this, how much would you be wanting (needing) in payment each week off-site?

It's possible, he thinks he is more special because her husband let her give him her WhatsApp, because her husband is not threatened by him. But then she now has WhatsApp for sale on her menu, and my god, he was PMing me to see if I had bought it.. luckily i just ignore him and let him get on with it. I hope for her sake he is sending her [ENOUGH] money outside of CB, otherwise he is truly not worth it at all.

Edit:
Realistically to put up with a guy like this, how much would you be wanting (needing) in payment each week off-site?
such a man can be hard to bear, and I am not a woman with alot of patience and I do not tolerate such a thing, so in principle, a lot of money ^^ even like this, when its TO MUTCH to handle, I don't care anymore about money

In my regular room on CB, we had a new person join in around March/April last year (same time the model moved house) and he quickly took over the room easily dropping xx,000 tokens every day.

She always made it clear she appreciated us all tipping, but when tipping for dice rolls the spam in chat from the rolls quite often drowned out the conversation and obscured that others had tipped. The number of times I tipped for something, only for him to tip and then overwhelm the chat and cause my tip to basically vanish off the page was too frustrating for me so I, as did the other regulars, just stopped tipping.

So that my tips weren't drowned out by the noise, I started tipping only offline to show my support and that seemed to work out for me for a while until I started getting called out by poeple asking me why i never tipped anymore. It caused a lot of drama in the room and I'm convinced a number of the older regulars who we never see anymore, left becuase of it.

Fast forward to now, he still visits, but no where as regularly as before. So there can be days when we don't see him in the room. When he is there, he is still generous (not as much as before) and he seems to have realised he was overwhelming the room so he tends to tip in smaller but regular amounts.

We all really didn't like him back then, but we now consider him a part of our little "Camily" and are far more accepting of his antics.

TLDR: Big tippers come and go, either you find a way to deal with it and soldier on, or move on yourself. I chose to stay and ride the wave and I'm glad I did.

In my regular room on CB, we had a new person join in around March/April last year (same time the model moved house) and he quickly took over the room easily dropping xx,000 tokens every day.

She always made it clear she appreciated us all tipping, but when tipping for dice rolls the spam in chat from the rolls quite often drowned out the conversation and obscured that others had tipped. The number of times I tipped for something, only for him to tip and then overwhelm the chat and cause my tip to basically vanish off the page was too frustrating for me so I, as did the other regulars, just stopped tipping.

So that my tips weren't drowned out by the noise, I started tipping only offline to show my support and that seemed to work out for me for a while until I started getting called out by poeple asking me why i never tipped anymore. It caused a lot of drama in the room and I'm convinced a number of the older regulars who we never see anymore, left becuase of it.

Fast forward to now, he still visits, but no where as regularly as before. So there can be days when we don't see him in the room. When he is there, he is still generous (not as much as before) and he seems to have realised he was overwhelming the room so he tends to tip in smaller but regular amounts.

We all really didn't like him back then, but we now consider him a part of our little "Camily" and are far more accepting of his antics.

TLDR: Big tippers come and go, either you find a way to deal with it and soldier on, or move on yourself. I chose to stay and ride the wave and I'm glad I did.

Similar situation in a room I call home on CB. A few have left because of the whale. I'm still contemplating it. Not like we'll be missed or anything. We're just invisible people behind a keyboard.

Similar situation in a room I call home on CB. A few have left because of the whale. I'm still contemplating it. Not like we'll be missed or anything. We're just invisible people behind a keyboard.

Maybe we are.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do - when you do choose, keep moving forward and try to not second guess your choice or get stuck with regret.

I guess I am the 'whale' (not a big one) in my home room. I intentionally stay out of the way as much as possible. Sit and talk as a low color user and wait until near the end of shift before I do much of anything. Maybe tip a little here and there along with others when there's a group tipping or tip some to try to get things started. Otherwise not. Most don't ever see what I do. Some other regulars hang around and know but most have already done whatever they were going to do by then. I realized that I was driving away some and not letting her develop other regulars so stepped way back. Best way that I could think to do it.

In other rooms where I don't tip as much I'll just tip whatever I'm going to tip and not worry about it much. But, yeah, sometimes not much reason for anyone else to be there when somebody takes over like that. Several girls I liked a lot I gave up on for that reason. I know the same guy will be there dominating the room every day. Start tipping and they just push you out of the way. lol

I saw some threads about this but they were already closed.

First, I am not a huge tipper due to budget, but I tip frequently and without hesitation. 15s are my bread and butter. haha

So I am wondering what members and models have to think about this...

Members: when you are in a model's room who you like a lot and someone comes in emptying their obviously large pocketbook, does it intimidate you into not tipping?
Half the time I will just be quiet, and the other half I say fuck it and continue with my modest tips. Just wondering what your thoughts are.

This might be a self-confidence thing, but it sometimes feels like I am wasting my time and money by tipping what I can when mine are being minimized by 500s! haha

Appreciate your responses.
as a tipper I don't feel intimidated nah. usually I jump on the coattails and help out when a big tipper comes in. I'll admit I do find it funny when a big timer and I match tips and frequently though lol. Actually come to think of it there have been a few instances where I have come in and been a big tipper myself and someone had a go at me for it. something along the lines of "token whore" if I remembering right. so maybe some smaller tips feel resentment and jealousy towards the big tippers at times?

At the end of the day, are you in my chatroom to compete with the other users or to have a good time with me?

So much this! Every single tip matters and shows the model that they are appreciated. When people feel unappreciated, they log off. Maybe they decide to stop streaming altogether. If you like the model and want to see more of them, make them feel appreciated. Celebrate with them when they get big tips. Just because someone has a thicker wallet than you doesn't mean that your tips are any less important. It all adds up.

Just because someone has a thicker wallet than you doesn't mean that your tips are any less important. It all adds up.
Yea, it's what I'm thinking too. I don't quite get the logic that you only enjoyed the show if you were the biggest tipper.
It's like saying "Nah, I don't want your stuff. You already have a customer."

Besides, a bird told me, the savvy models on token sites keep tabs on how much each member has tipped, and appreciation isn't always about biggest and bestest and largest.
Case in point: once, many moons ago, I was called out in the public chat in the middle of some whale's token storm. The model took the time to tag me in the chat and say (paraphrased) "Hey, what happened to your rubbish jokes? Don't be so quiet!".

Keep tipping!

Reactions: Life_Happens
so maybe some smaller tips feel resentment and jealousy towards the big tippers at times?

Thanks. It's not so much jealously or resentment (for me anyway), it's more of a feeling of supportive inadequacy, if that makes sense.

Probably because I visit a room to socialize and try to boost a model's mood and ego with tips and cunning communication. That's what makes me feel good. More than just a 10 minute jerk and go, which also happens sometimes, haha.

Any jealousy would be more toward a bank account balance. haha

are you in my chatroom to compete with the other users or to have a good time with me?

Hi MR. Definitely for a good time. But many times MY good time relies on mutual communication or a little bit of tangible validation - not a thank you, but a little written or verbal interaction. A lot of times that disappears. It is the attention that is addictive for me, and when it is taken away by a big tipper, then I might feel resentment.

Of course, I then have the choice to exercise the option of clicking on "Next Model" or "My Favorites" I guess.

Just because someone has a thicker wallet than you doesn't mean that your tips are any less important. It all adds up.

Thank you Brit. Respect. ❤️ your response.

I have really learned a lot from everyone's responses - members and models. At the end of the day it will probably just depend on my mood or how much I have had to drink. hahaha

By the way, this happened to me last night again. I stopped communication and 5 minutes later - even in the middle of big tips - she sent me a PM asking "Are you mad at me?" which made me think she understands how I feel without me even having to say anything. Made me feel special and gave me that tangible validation some crave in those situations.

I was very nice in my response.

Reactions: bibidi10
I have had concerns about this from the other side of the coin, I have a "special" model that I visit and am there every time she is on, if I am able. When I tip big, I feel like it is a bad thing many times.

I personally don't do it to look important and don't want to intimidate the room, I am sure there are those who do, but genuinely care about her and her real life. Also it makes me feel good when she smiles and the reaction she has. I also contribute off stream to her but it is so much more fun to do it during a stream. That's the main reason I am there, to have fun. I don't consider myself a Whale, unless I win the lottery this can't last for ever, I plan on being generous but it will calm down.

My suggestion is if you care about the model, be happy for them, tip like you normally do and have fun. Don't assume anything about others. You do not know what is in the heart or mind of another. If there is a good show help all that you can to make it all the more special. I know the model I visit is friendly and appreciative of those who tip little (as far as I know that is) but chat with her and she loves that.

I know I would love it if, when I get on a roll, to have everyone chip in and even show me up, to make it the most special show of her life.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.