AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

"bigger" models???

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 1, 2014
I'm thinking about applying to be a model, and have checked out MFC and think that is the site I would go with. However, I haven't seen any bigger girls on there...every girl has a really nice body. I have a bit of a tummy and was just wondering are there any models out there that are a little bigger or even plus size and still are able to be a successful model??

thinkingaboutit said:
I'm thinking about applying to be a model, and have checked out MFC and think that is the site I would go with. However, I haven't seen any bigger girls on there...every girl has a really nice body. I have a bit of a tummy and was just wondering are there any models out there that are a little bigger or even plus size and still are able to be a successful model??

you need to look a little harder.

StarrieNights,
AthenaBlaze
ScarletRaven

are all thick models.

There are plenty of BBWs too.

It's harder to climb up really high in the rankings/camscore range but 'success' is relative.

There are many "bigger" models on MFC. Just hop on at different times and use tags like "BBW" and "thick". You'll see lots of ladies on! That's what I did when I wanted to start camming. I was half-convinced that I'd have to be thin to make any money, then realized there's actually a decent niche for larger gals!

Reactions: AshleyFox
What about allbbwcams.com or justbbwcams.com? I don't know how they are from the performers side but they are sites specifically for larger girls, and it seems like many of their rates are up to $4/min (in tokens).

Reactions: Kinsey_cloud
never cammed on justbbwcams.. i have cammed from allbbwcams though. the traffic on allbbw is TERRIBLE. the support is so/so. there is no real structure to the site. it just feels really cheap over all.

Miss_Lollipop said:
thinkingaboutit said:

you need to look a little harder.

StarrieNights,
AthenaBlaze
ScarletRaven

are all thick models.

There are plenty of BBWs too.

It's harder to climb up really high in the rankings/camscore range but 'success' is relative.

Yeah, All of this.

Want to look at BBW's try

Genxoxo
AllisonWilder
PinkiePixie
AngelDeluca
PoppyEverdeen

Take a look at what other sites have to offer such as Streamate.

Also want to efensis that sucess is relative.

someperson said:
What about allbbwcams.com or justbbwcams.com? I don't know how they are from the performers side but they are sites specifically for larger girls, and it seems like many of their rates are up to $4/min (in tokens).

I have given both a decent try. I would not say I was impressed. While I think it certaintly is an interesting idea, and it has it's place....I can't possibly see any camgirl making there full living off either of them---like is possible on MFC or Sm and for some even purely clip sites.

They are good...in your back pocket sites...if that makes any sense.

There are successful bbws and chubby girls on pretty much every site.

Whatever you look like, there are people who will be into you.
Try to focus more on the room being one they want to stay in every day.
Because anyone can look at a beautiful woman in passing and enjoy her, but it takes a good personality to make you want to stay in a room with them for hours.

I've cammed for four years as a chubby girl and always found that my attitude, time, patience, and hard work meant far more than my bmi.

I'm a curvier model. I don't like the word "thick" as to me that is a word for being stupid and it sounds negative. I also wouldn't say I'm "thick", I'm absolutely average size and healthy weight, just because some of the female population is a lot smaller than me doesn't make me big. That's like calling someone 5ft 3 tall because there are people shorter than them around. It seems silly.

Not all men like women to be uber slim. It is a very fashionable look in todays society so we do tend to idolise being extremely slim but that doesn't mean that's what everyone wants, or even that those who find that attractive don't find women with other body shapes also attractive. I would be considered pretty big by televisions standards but I have always consistently had men gawping at my body.

When I started myfreecams I was worried men would call me fat and would be rude to me about my weight or not be interested. I've only had a few comments since I started and that was almost 3 years ago. Maybe I'd be more successful if I had a more conventional figure, or maybe not. I still manage to have a pretty busy room most of the time so men clearly don't care that much. Part of the whole point of myfreecams is to see real women. In real life most women aren't super toned constant gym bunnies. Many men just don't expect or want women to look like that. It's completely dependent on the person. The beauty of myfreecams is also the fact that it's not all about looks. A large part is personality and general entertainment.

Isabella_deL said:
I'm a curvier model. I don't like the word "thick" as to me that is a word for being stupid and it sounds negative. I also wouldn't say I'm "thick", I'm absolutely average size and healthy weight, just because some of the female population is a lot smaller than me doesn't make me big. That's like calling someone 5ft 3 tall because there are people shorter than them around. It seems silly.

Just a note to say i don't see it as a negative meaning stupid, i see it as size description for people that fall between fat/overweight and petite/slim. Those with more muscle/fat on their frame.

If it was a choice of label that offended anyone I apologize.

:hello2: I'm one of the "curvy n thicker" models! I'm not top 20 or 100... but I swear there is a decent amount of guys on MFC or any site that loves bigger women and wants to tip them well! Its your personality and the entertainment that brings guys in the room, cuz there's tonnes of pretty girls who just sit there.. and they're thin. But there's also a tonnes of bbws who do the same, and those are the ones who don't make money. Be yourself, find ways to entertain..but most importantly, have fun! Guys love a happy camgirl! :)

Miss_Lollipop said:
Isabella_deL said:

Just a note to say i don't see it as a negative meaning stupid, i see it as size description for people that fall between fat/overweight and petite/slim. Those with more muscle/fat on their frame.

If it was a choice of label that offended anyone I apologize.

i think "thick = dumb" is a UK thing, but this comes from my very limited american white girl knowledge

(i read Harry Potter)

eclipse76 said:
So when I call any American "thick", they don't actually understand that I'm insulting them?/off-topic-deraillement

They might, depends on the context of the convo and cultural awareness. "I love thick girls" = curvy/big booty compliment. "Jesus, you're being thick" = idiot.

Reactions: LadyLuna and hapa74
I think calling girls "thick" as a more complementary word must be American because I'd be really insulted if someone described me that way. I think a few people have before on cam and I have not liked it. I see it as no different to calling someone fat. I don't know though, are there any Uk girls around? How would you feel if someone called you thick? It's not really a word that I hear anyone using particularly so I'd be pretty taken aback. I'll know from now on that those saying it aren't meaning to be insulting. People use the word "plump" more here which is another word that I do not like being used to describe me. Maybe I am but I still don't like it. I don't really feel being of healthy weight and build makes me anything.

Isabella_deL said:
I think calling girls "thick" as a more complementary word must be American because I'd be really insulted if someone described me that way. I think a few people have before on cam and I have not liked it. I see it as no different to calling someone fat. I don't know though, are there any Uk girls around? How would you feel if someone called you thick? It's not really a word that I hear anyone using particularly so I'd be pretty taken aback. I'll know from now on that those saying it aren't meaning to be insulting. People use the word "plump" more here which is another word that I do not like being used to describe me. Maybe I am but I still don't like it. I don't really feel being of healthy weight and build makes me anything.

I've only begun hearing it as a complimentary thing since I moved to the US (after i turned 18) so you may be right. It's a term that I hear used a lot by black american men. It's used to mean .. big ass/hips/thighs - thinner in the middle (though not necessarily SLIM - just a curve there) and then busty usually. And yeah its a compliment :)

Miss_Lollipop said:
Isabella_deL said:

I've only begun hearing it as a complimentary thing since I moved to the US (after i turned 18) so you may be right. It's a term that I hear used a lot by black american men. It's used to mean .. big ass/hips/thighs - thinner in the middle (though not necessarily SLIM - just a curve there) and then busty usually. And yeah its a compliment :)
I take it as a compliment when people call me thick. I think it describes me well. That, and curvy. I am not a thin/skinny girl, but I feel it's inaccurate if anyone was to call someone with my bodyshape fat, chubby or BBW.

Different people have different preferences, or understandings of certain words when it comes to describing their body. I think for girls in the camming industry it's important to understand what most people consider these descriptive words to mean and use them as accurately as possible when describing yourself on profiles and camming related social media. It draws the attention of the best targeted market that way and doesn't mislead anyone (which helps avoid uncomfortable interactions.)

I think it's possible for anyone to succeed in camming regardless of their appearance. It's all about attitude and how they promote and present themselves. For models who want to fully embrace their body type and use that to their advantage, using accurately descriptive tags and advertisements work in their favor. For girls who have problem areas they are not 100% comfortable with flaunting, experimenting with different camera angles and clothing to accentuate the parts you want to show off can help.

I curious what term do you gals prefer. Curvy, got some meat on the bone, thick,chubby, more to love... I also you the term real woman curves. Is BBW really reserved for woman who are overweight?

HiGirlsRHot said:
I curious what term do you gals prefer. Curvy, got some meat on the bone, thick,chubby, more to love... I also you the term real woman curves. Is BBW really reserved for woman who are overweight?

I'd avoid "real woman" comments, because that's kinda hateful to slimmer body types. Some guys seem to think they have to insult thin girls in order to compliment bigger girls, and that's just not the case.

BBW does indeed refer to plus-size ladies, while curvy or thick typically means a lady who's narrow in the waist, but has fuller hips/butt/thighs/boobs, but many people also use them to describe a BBW figure. Chubby can have negative connotations and is probably best avoided.

I tend to prefer compliments based on the body part the viewer enjoys, as that let's me know what kind of teasing I should do.

In reply to the OP, I personally prefer "curvier" girls as far physical appearance is concerned. I will have to say though that, for me, personality is a bigger factor for me when it comes to hanging out in a models room. I like to chat and hang out just as much as I like seeing a sexy show. :)

I used to think "Thick" just meant daft/stupid too! hahahaha. When I started camming I was getting all angry with guys saying I was thick. Probably banned a few. Umm....guess that does make me a bit thick in that sense when I think about it. Oh, the irony.

I believe whatever your size or shape, as long as you are confident, self loving and have some sort of personality you can be a successful camgirl. Put in the hours and the effort and the rewards can be yours. There are as many types of 'sexy' as there are men in the world who it will appeal too. Go for it!

As for the discussion about labels and tags etc. I think I have used them all at some point. Chubby, curvy, thick, BBW, fatty fatty boom bah, etc etc. To me, these are just labels used in the cam world that could possibly help anyone searching. But I don't get hung up over them and I certainly don't carry the over into my real life view of myself. Here, I am just me. Bigger than some, smaller than others. Whatever. But real life isn't camming. And camming requires self promotion and self promotion involves labeling yourself to a certain degree. So embrace whatever label you like, go forth and conquer.

Also, I think if members want to get pedantic and accuse me of misusing any term, my use of "Intelligent", "Witty" and "Makes a good cup of Tea" are probably the most questionable.

AmberCutie said:
Different people have different preferences, or understandings of certain words when it comes to describing their body. I think for girls in the camming industry it's important to understand what most people consider these descriptive words to mean and use them as accurately as possible when describing yourself on profiles and camming related social media. It draws the attention of the best targeted market that way and doesn't mislead anyone (which helps avoid uncomfortable interactions.)

I think it's possible for anyone to succeed in camming regardless of their appearance. It's all about attitude and how they promote and present themselves. For models who want to fully embrace their body type and use that to their advantage, using accurately descriptive tags and advertisements work in their favor. For girls who have problem areas they are not 100% comfortable with flaunting, experimenting with different camera angles and clothing to accentuate the parts you want to show off can help.

All of this soooo hard!!!

How are people who would enjoy your body find you, if you do not promote, present and advertise yourself correctly.

HiGirlsRHot said:
Is BBW really reserved for woman who are overweight?

Generally speaking (very generally) BBW is usually referred to plus size. Plus size of course various depending on the country and clothing line. So again all very relative.

I personally call myself a BBW, Curvy (and being a bbw--does not always mean your curvy), thick, fat, and plus size.

I have in the past gotton a lot of flack for using the word curvy (esp since it's in my name). I am ok with that..i embrace and am fully aware I am overweight---but still think i am curvy.

I'm a very "niche" model, being a curvy punk girl, and although I am fairly new I seem to be doing pretty well! It can be discouraging at times, because I know that I may never be as popular as other girls. . .But, fuck it! There is someone for everyone, and there is beauty in everyone. If you want to do it, go for it!

HiGirlsRHot said:
Chubby is never a compliment in my eyes. I find it quite offensive and thoughtless; feels the equivalent of saying 'your penis is cute for being so small.' Well gee, thanks for pointing out my trouble spots.

I grew up hearing thick in reference to someone being an idiot, so it still rubs me wrong when someone says it about my body shape.

Generally speaking I think "nice" would probably be the best description for any body type that you like if you aren't sure what adjective to use. :lol: Otherwise curvy isn't bad.

I always thought "thick" was a comparison to a milkshake. More good stuff. More yummy. Is that not its slang origin? I like words that make bodies sound delicious.

JickyJuly said:
I always thought "thick" was a comparison to a milkshake. More good stuff. More yummy. Is that not its slang origin? I like words that make bodies sound delicious.

I'm not sure about the exact origin, but that sounds awesome.

JickyJuly said:
I used to love milkshakes. :crybaby: If that was how I'd heard it used then I probably wouldn't mind it so much. I'll take it over chubby though.

I've never felt held back at all camming due to my size. I'm a curvy girl with a big butt and wide hips. Sure, not every guy likes that, but tastes widely vary and confidence within yourself is what can really make a difference in your camming success..not whether or not you have a tummy.

Nobody's mentioned "fat" or "fatty" here, as I'm sure the fellas of ACF are aware enough of how ladies feel about that. But jeepers creepers I have so many dudes come into my chat with "oooh, I love fat girls/fatties". And they range from complete jackasses to otherwise polite dudes. Jeeze Louise, though.

JickyJuly said:

That makes the word sound rather nicer! I'm glad it's meant as a compliment, I'm not sure I'll ever like the description but it's nice to know it's not meant in a horrible way! I think it must be an American thing.

As for words to describe women who are curvier... Well I guess it partly depends on how much bigger they are. For women my size who actually range in the healthy/normal weight range for real life women it's quite insulting to imply they're big/overweight/fat in any way. It's kind of on par to calling a very healthy looking, naturally slim girl anorexic. She's not anorexic because she doesn't have obvious curves, just like a girl with curves isn't overweight because she doesn't look like the smaller built girl.

We live in a society where slim girls are constantly idolised and anyone who is overweight is painted in a negative light. This means we're constantly brainwashed into hating the idea of people calling us fat. Because of this comments about weight really aren't necessary. Even if you love how a girl looks and she's totally confident with her body usually try and avoid words that might imply she's not super toned, even if meant as a compliment. I have heard models who are uber slim and have amazing bodies being upset because a member has said "I love your belly", which to them implies they have a belly as in overhang chub. Stomach is a much better word to use.

I hate members making the "real woman" comments. It actually makes me want to drill a rake into their face, however that would work. It's completely derogatory to imply that not having a curvy body stops someone from being a real woman. It'd be just like me saying to a large part of the male population that not having bulging muscles means they're not really a real man. If you're a man without bulging muscles who still feels like a man then you shouldn't try and act like women without large breasts are any less female because of their figure.
I have also had the same body I have now since I was 14/15 so there is nothing to do with age either, it's simply genetics.
I feel that some of these comments against skinny girls have gone to the extreme. Yes the media idolises very slim girls, yes most men go after very slim girls and yes lots of people make nasty comments towards women in particular who have extra weight on them. This does not mean people should somehow balance this by being nasty to skinny girls too.
It's the same ridiculousness as being racist towards white people because there has been racist abuse in the other direction, or feminist women being unnecessarily cruel and rude to men because women have been oppressed and still get sexist comments. At the end of the day sure these things happen and they should be addressed, but randomly attacking and degrading random passers by is only going to upset more people.

It's completely acceptable to say that you prefer curvier girls to less curvy girls, just like it's totally acceptable to say politely that you like any preference so long as you're saying it as a compliment to the person and not directly insulting anyone else in the process.

Korreline said:
i think "thick = dumb" is a UK thing, but this comes from my very limited american white girl knowledge

I'm an American. Lived in California my entire 36 years. Before MFC I'd never heard "thick" mean anything other than "stupid" when describing a person. It always sounds strange to me when a woman describes herself as thick in reference to her body shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.